PDA

View Full Version : Flacco: 4,000 Yards ‘No Big Deal’

scudmissile29
06-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Can Joe Flacco throw for 4,000 yards in 2010?

After the first day of Ravens voluntary passing camp Monday, Flacco acted as if it wasn’t even a question.

“I think I should be able to throw for 4,000 yards,” the third-year quarterback said. “I think in this day and age, it’s a passing league and 4,000 yards should be like snapping your fingers and it’s there. That’s honestly the way I feel about it.”

An NFL record 10 quarterbacks threw for more than 4,000 yards last year. Vinny Testaverde threw for 4,177 yards in 1996 (the Ravens’ first year of existence) and no Baltimore quarterback has ever topped 4,000 since.

Last year, Flacco set franchise records in passer rating (88.9) and completion percentage (63.1) but ranked second in franchise history with 3,613 yards – an improvement of 642 yards from his rookie season.

Flacco said that with more attempts – which he’s hoping come with an improved wide receiver corps and more overall familiarity with the system – 4,000 yards shouldn’t be a problem. Flacco ranked 15th in the NFL in yards passing last year and 22nd in attempts per game (31.2).

“I think I should have thrown for 4,000 last year,” Flacco said. “In the beginning of the year I was on pace for 5,000. … That’s why I feel like 4,000 yards should be no big deal.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/05/17/flacco-4000-yards-no-big-deal/

Hburg
06-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Flacco has the capability to pass for 4,000 yards in a season. He sounds confident in his ability that he could and with the weapons he has on offense should pass for that many yards. He also knows that things do not always go as they should.

BuFu

scudmissile29
06-21-2010, 05:46 PM
i cant wait until the day he gets his due..

his due of worilds sacking himto the ground and blood spurting from his mouth.

he's never going to lead them to a super bowl

Hburg
06-21-2010, 06:46 PM
i cant wait until the day he gets his due..

his due of worilds sacking himto the ground and blood spurting from his mouth.

he's never going to lead them to a super bowl

He's going to have plenty of bruises, but I wouldn't say he is a bad player. He's a great QB, one I was sad to see go to the Ravens, but a potent player nonetheless.

He already got damn close to a super bowl, lead the Ravens to an AFC Championship game. Unfortunately for him it was in Pittsburgh.

BuFu

Black@Gold Forever32
06-21-2010, 07:51 PM
He's going to have plenty of bruises, but I wouldn't say he is a bad player. He's a great QB, one I was sad to see go to the Ravens, but a potent player nonetheless.

He already got damn close to a super bowl, lead the Ravens to an AFC Championship game. Unfortunately for him it was in Pittsburgh.

BuFu

Flacco has talent no doubt.....But when the pressure is on he squats to pee......Plus he is the check down master..........to much to a fault really with that arm of his......I ask has Flacco ever led the Ravens to a 4th quarter comeback?........

K Train
06-21-2010, 08:11 PM
everyone acts like boldin and stallworth are just gonna crush the world. he better be throwing alot of screens to rice to get 4000 yards

K Train
06-21-2010, 08:11 PM
flacco = derek anderson+tommy maddox when hes pressured. throws real pretty balls

into the dirt

JensK
06-21-2010, 08:42 PM
I for one think Flacco is a pretty good QB. He is not in the same league as the best, but he is a very good QB, who could lead ravens to a sb one day. Not by him self, but with a great defense, we know its possible.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-21-2010, 09:20 PM
I for one think Flacco is a pretty good QB. He is not in the same league as the best, but he is a very good QB, who could lead ravens to a sb one day. Not by him self, but with a great defense, we know its possible.

Flacco is a good QB and has tremendous upside.....But when the pressure is on I just don't see the so called "it" in him.....People can say what they want about Ben but Ben always had "it".......I hate to use that cliche but its true......

Flacco loves to check down then check down and check down some more......He has a very pretty deep ball and when everything is clicking early in games he plays well......But late in the game in pressure situations he squats to pee.....I have seen a ton of Joe Flacco since he has been in the NFL so I'm just going by what I have seen......But pressure on Flacco and he will fold.......

Ktrain I'm with I don't know why people think an aging Boldin, Mason, and an over-rated Stallworth turns the Ravens into the next greatest show on turf......I respect Boldin as a player and he is one of favorite non Steelers....But I do think injuries have taken a toll on him and he isn't the same player he was.......

When the Steelers play the Ravens the only thing that is a huge concern on their offense is their OL and Ray Rice.......

--- Added 6/21/2010 at 07:20 PM ---

flacco = derek anderson+tommy maddox when hes pressured. throws real pretty balls

into the dirt

I wouldn't say Flacco is that bad...lol But I do agree with you about Joe Flacco in general.....

scudmissile29
06-22-2010, 06:44 AM
ike taylor can take care of anquan boldin, it's like ocho cinco....

it's not a big deal....

.... who's donte stallworth, all i remember was he was on the cheatriots 2007 team, other than that a pretty average player

Hburg
06-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Flacco has talent no doubt.....But when the pressure is on he squats to pee......Plus he is the check down master..........to much to a fault really with that arm of his......I ask has Flacco ever led the Ravens to a 4th quarter comeback?........

He is still relatively young in the league. He will be more of a concern as he matures in the league.

BuFu

JensK
06-25-2010, 08:57 AM

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=FlacJo00

compare them to big bens btw:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=RoetBe00

andyg1984
06-25-2010, 01:58 PM
flacco has a great arm, too bad he does not use it all the time ...

when he is completely set with little pressure his deep ball is crazy, it just like does not come out ..

boldin is not any kind of deep threat imo this/next year ..

Black@Gold Forever32
06-25-2010, 04:27 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=FlacJo00

compare them to big bens btw:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=RoetBe00

I do remember the one vs the Steelers last year now.......thanks for posting this....I'm surprised that Flacco has had 2 4th quarter comebacks and 4 game winning drives....lol I still hold the opinion he squats to pee when the pressure is on and is big moments.......

Ben has had the most 4th quarter comebacks since 2004........and his 21 game winning drives is in impressive.....

I always said Flacco is talented and is a very good QB but I just don't think he has the so called "it" like Big Ben...........