PDA

View Full Version : Your Ravens fears

Real Deal Steel
06-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Seems I"ve read in this forum alot of concern..even fear about the Ravens. I"ve contended all along that we are the most well rounded team within this division when healthy. And coming into the season, we will be healthy. But here's some words form
CBSsportsline.com about the Ravens:

The Ravens allowed a league-low 27 touchdowns last season, but defensive end Trevor Pryce turns 35 in August and nose tackle Kelly Gregg is coming off shoulder surgery. Defensive end Terrell Suggs is coming off a career-low 4 sacks last year.

The secondary's picture is even more blurry. Yes, the Ravens finished the regular season third in yards (300.5) and points (16.3) per game. But those statistics largely are based on having cornerbacks Fabian Washington and Lardarius Webb and safeties Ed Reed and Haruki Nakamura on the field.

But here's the reality: Washington and Webb can't run at full speed after undergoing surgeries to repair torn ACLs and Nakamura was limited to individual drills during OTAs because he's recovering from a season-ending ankle injury.

Reed has been in Colorado for more than the past month recovering from hip surgery and has yet to confirm he's returning for a ninth season this fall. Oh, and the team's best special teams player, three-time Pro Bowl selection Brendon Ayanbadejo, said he doesn't expect to be able to engage in contact drills during the first part of training

--- Added 6/20/2010 at 06:55 PM ---

We are in a passing league now. More then ever before. And a team like the Ravens who's cornerbacks were weak BEFORE their injuries and can't be any better then they were when they were healthy.

So give me your thoughts?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-20-2010, 10:45 PM
I know one thing, we don't fear the ravens ever, never have and never will. The AFC North is always tough and every game is a physical fight to the death that usually makes the highlight reels every week for the biggest hits and most injuries. The fact is the Ravens will be tough again, but so will we. They have injuries and young players that will have to step up, so do we. Every win is hard fought and well earned, and the winner is determined as much by who is left standing as it is by who outplays who.

We'll be ready for them and they'll be ready for us, there is no doubt of that.

jnes1216
06-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Both teams are pretty evenly matched, except QB where we have a definite advantage when Ben is in.

Our d-line is aging as well and A. Smith is coming off an injury just like Gregg. They have Ngota and now Mt. Cody. We have Hood, Eason and Hoke. I may give their d-line the upper hand. We have the better LB's imo.

Secondaries are similar. Reed and Polamalu often injured. We know Troy is playing this year and I think has passed Reed in playmaking ability. I believe we have a slight edge at the corner position.

Their o-line is better than ours. We'll see if Pouncey closes the gap.

McClain, McGahee, and Rice are better than our three RB's whoever they may be. Lets say for now Mendy, Moore, and unproven Dwyer.

TE, one word - Miller

WRs with their addition of broke jaw Boldin and speed bump Stallworth I think we might be pretty even. Stallworth doesn't scare defenders, Wallace does. But D. Mason knows how to get open, as does Ward. Boldin gives them a solid three WRs. Randle El, is just there.

They had a better kick return avg, but we had a better punt return avg. Both minimal differences.

I think both teams are pretty evenly matched. We have a big advantage at QB, but their run game is better. I know its a passing league, but the run sets up the pass. They avg'd 25 more yds/game on the run and we had a 46 yd/game advan on the pass.
Realistically we probably split games again this year and will continue until someone definitely pulls ahead.

Stlrs4Life
06-21-2010, 11:45 PM
I think the Ratbirds will be better this year, but in no shape or form do I fear them, and I guarantee you that the Steelers don't either.

scudmissile29
06-22-2010, 06:49 AM
we will crush them like ryan clark on willis mcgahee.

show no mercy.

p.s. didnt they cry about a season opener in pittsburgh once?

cry baby rats. it's time we destroy them again

DanRooney
06-22-2010, 04:56 PM
They can't beat us with a healthy Ben and Troy. Flacco has yet to beat either.

HUNT4SEVEN
06-25-2010, 07:59 PM
This is what i think of the Rats:bigfinger: i am unimpressed with them, as long as we stay healthy we will dominate the AFCN this year:markit:

Moondog
06-27-2010, 03:06 AM
The Steelers nearly beat the turds twice last year anyways. I think Pittsburgh will surprise some people this year. They are flying under the radar, just the way they like it.

lloydfan4life
06-27-2010, 11:21 AM
The only fear I have of the Ratbirds is having one of our players stabbed during a game.

Real Deal Steel
06-27-2010, 08:20 PM
The Steelers nearly beat the turds twice last year anyways. I think Pittsburgh will surprise some people this year. They are flying under the radar, just the way they like it.

I'm totally with you. Even with Leftwich at QB, the O-line will be dominant getting the running game going. I see us going 3-1 with Ben out. When Ben comes back, he'll tune up on the Browns and be ready to go from that point on.

JensK
06-28-2010, 09:16 AM
underestimating Ravens is going to cost us a victory or two, thats for sure...They are not a bad football team.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-28-2010, 12:49 PM
There is no underestimating either team anymore, the rivalry between our 2 clubs is so intense that records go out the window whenever we play each other. It's a game that usually is determined by who has the ball last and who has the most healthy starters still in the lineup.

steelersbabex25
06-28-2010, 02:41 PM
The only fear I have of the Ratbirds is having one of our players stabbed during a game.

:lol::plus1:

I'm in agreement with all saying that the two teams are pretty evenly matched. To be honest, the 2 games between the Steelers and Ravens are what I look forward to the most during football season. We always go to a Steelers bar for those games and the atmosphere there is incredible. I have no fear. They're going to be 2 unbelievable games again for sure, but if the Steelers play the way they did last year (and with Troy) they'll come out on top, no worries.