PDA

View Full Version : Woodson may try coaching

jnes1216
06-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Seems Rod Woodson is helping coach the Bengals secondary at this weeks OTA's. I think he was in San Fran last week as well. He wants to see if coaching would be a good fit for him. I wonder if he'll make an appearance at Steelers training camp? That's a lot of experience that can be passed on to our players.

I know Horton was interviewed for a college def coordinator job this offseason, I wonder if he thinks his job is on the line this year. I know most coaches' jobs are on the line year to year anyway, but after last years debacle he may be on a short leash.

May be an opportunity for Woodson to come in as an assistant. What do you think about Woodson coaching?

Also do you think its a slight against Horton for not having a capable back up when Troy went down, or someone else's?
I know you can't always have a starter "in waiting" for each position but with Troys injury history I think Horton should have realized that Carter would not be able to hold down the fort.

ejsteeler
06-17-2010, 01:02 PM
I don't think it is Horton's job to provide the talent. All he can do is work with what he was given. Could it have been better last year? Maybe, but his pickings were slim. :imho:

I would love to see Rod walking the sideline for the Steelers. Hate to see him somewhere else though.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-17-2010, 02:14 PM
I think Rod would be a great coach, hell he's one of the best of all time and in the HoF. He knows everything there is to know about playing a DB in the NFL. It wouldn't surprise me to see him come to the Steelers camp this summer. Jason Gildon comes to camp to help the linebackers, Lloyd has done it before as well.

HUNT4SEVEN
06-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Well he was with the 49ers working with their DB's a couple of weeks ago for a day or so, i would love for him to come back and coach our DB's also:lol:, i hope he is brought in :crossfingers:

andyg1984
06-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Seems Rod Woodson is helping coach the Bengals secondary at this weeks OTA's. I think he was in San Fran last week as well. He wants to see if coaching would be a good fit for him. I wonder if he'll make an appearance at Steelers training camp? That's a lot of experience that can be passed on to our players.

I know Horton was interviewed for a college def coordinator job this offseason, I wonder if he thinks his job is on the line this year. I know most coaches' jobs are on the line year to year anyway, but after last years debacle he may be on a short leash.

May be an opportunity for Woodson to come in as an assistant. What do you think about Woodson coaching?

Also do you think its a slight against Horton for not having a capable back up when Troy went down, or someone else's?
I know you can't always have a starter "in waiting" for each position but with Troys injury history I think Horton should have realized that Carter would not be able to hold down the fort.

i have always thought we needed a better backup for troy not only because he has a bad injury history, but a ton of our real scheme seems to involve him and when he goes down we are impacted more than other teams who have more generic systems

scudmissile29
06-17-2010, 06:04 PM
wtf is wrong with woodson, he's such a traitor.

imagine baltimore fans thinking ed reed or ray lewis coming to our camp in 7 years time teaching their respective positions in our camp.

traitor i dont want to see that scumbag anywhere near our sidelines

LatrobePA
06-17-2010, 07:06 PM
wtf is wrong with woodson, he's such a traitor.

imagine baltimore fans thinking ed reed or ray lewis coming to our camp in 7 years time teaching their respective positions in our camp.

traitor i dont want to see that scumbag anywhere near our sidelines

It's all about the $$$$$!

PS: Nice avatar, I had to wipe the slobber off my keyboard!

scudmissile29
06-17-2010, 07:44 PM
It's all about the $$$$$!

PS: Nice avatar, I had to wipe the slobber off my keyboard!

thanks, do u want that photo large? premium quality vidoes? just message me lol...

... it may be $$$$ but still i wouldnt go to rivals asking for work it's just disrespect to the rooneys, i'm fine if he goes anywhere but the afc north it's just disrespectful imo.

jnes1216
06-17-2010, 09:11 PM
thanks, do u want that photo large? premium quality vidoes? just message me lol...

... it may be $$$$ but still i wouldnt go to rivals asking for work it's just disrespect to the rooneys, i'm fine if he goes anywhere but the afc north it's just disrespectful imo.

From what the article said, he was just helping out Marvin Lewis since they were together in Baltimore. I don't think it was an "audition" for any coaching spots with the bungles.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/06/rod_woodson_working_with_bengals.html

I was on ravens site earlier because espn said they were close to signing a DB. That's when I saw the article. Just checkin' on the competition. Turns out its probably Ken Hamlin. scrub.

K Train
06-17-2010, 09:47 PM
lol at him being a traitor for helping out some DBs that happens to include bengals....did we forget that he was on the ravens roster once lol

he wont go to coaching, he makes way more money on TV

BlitzburghRockCity
06-18-2010, 09:29 AM
When you retire from the league, especially after being on multiple teams, it's not uncommon for players to come back and help other teams as assistants during the offseason. Guys like Woodson can teach a lot to young players, and yeah right now it's all about the money and the exposure that he can gain for himself getting out there in camps and teaching as much as he can. Sure it's nice to think that players are only fans of their original team when they retire, but in today's NFL, that doesn't happen much anymore. Joe Green was a coach for the Cardinals for awhile too.