PDA

View Full Version : Best Games of the Past Decade

kgreen
06-15-2010, 03:42 PM
With all this negative talk about the upcoming season I think it's time we take a break from all of that. I thought we'd take a look at the decade that was. What's your favorite games of the past decade?

Here's mine:
1. 2005 AFC Divisional vs. Indy: I know Super Bowl XLIII was exciting (or at least the finish was), but this game meant more to me. The Colts were supposed to win it all in 2005 and we were not even supposed to be in the playoffs. The start we got off to in that game caught everyone by surprise, even us fans. Then we all watched as our Steelers hung on despite the Colts' desperate comeback and a call that still makes me shake my head. All in all it was the most exciting/heart-stopping Steelers game I have ever seen.

2. 21-and-Done/Undefeated no more: I always love it when we beat the Patriots. Other than the Ravens, there's no other team I love to hate more. When the undefeated "Perfect" Patriots entered Heinz Field on Halloween, I was optimistic at best that we could keep up. Boy was I wrong. The ensuing beat down is still one of my favorite games to this day. My favorite moment was when Townsend picked off Brady for six. Beating the Eagles the next week was the icing on the cake.

3. 2009 AFC Championship vs. Ravens: This was the most physical game I will ever see. Both defenses brought their best and it all came down to who could limit their mistakes. With an experienced Ben, it would take an inspired performance from Flacco. That didn't come because our D was too good. I still don't think I have gone as crazy as I did during Troy's pick-six.

4. Super Bowl XLIII: One of the best Super Bowls of the decade and honestly a game that should not have been close. If our redzone offense didn't suck nuts then we would have been celebrating with 2:12 left rather than sitting on pins and needles. The finish was great and I will give Arizona for hanging on. But we still should have killed them.

5. 2000 Good Bye Three Rivers vs. Redskins: What a way to send off Three Rivers! Killing the Redskins was definitely a great way to end it. Still it's too bad that the 2000 Steelers failed to reach the playoffs. There was no way the Steelers were gonna let Dan Snyder's Yankees.....I mean Redskins spoil their party. Too much pride.

K Train
06-15-2010, 03:46 PM
7-5 kicking off the win streak to superbowl XL against the bears in the snow....damn, what a ****ing game

Steel Trap86
06-15-2010, 03:51 PM
the AFC title game in 05 against denver was one of my favourites, ben played such a stellar game, almost flawless. the AFC title game against the ravens in 08 was a f*cking awesome game too, but no game will top the last superbowl for me.

steelersbabex25
06-15-2010, 04:20 PM
There have been so many good ones that I can't really think of them all..but recently I think of all 3 ravens games from the '08-'09 season. They were all amazing to watch.

andyg1984
06-15-2010, 05:07 PM
7-5 kicking off the win streak to superbowl XL against the bears in the snow....damn, what a ****ing game

yeah, that shot of the bus beating urlacher is a classic ..

GB vs Pit 2010 ?? Not that it had the significance of some of the others, but it was seriously entertaining

Steelersfan
06-16-2010, 10:07 AM
yeah, that shot of the bus beating urlacher is a classic ..

GB vs Pit 2010 ?? Not that it had the significance of some of the others, but it was seriously entertaining

One of my favorite Steeler clips of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa1TSaKmG2o

BURGHBOY
06-18-2010, 11:10 AM
My top 5....
1. Super Bowl XL-The culmination of a wonderful journey, the first time a 6 seed wins the Super Bowl! The end of the megnificent career of Jerome Bettis. And finally that "one for the thumb" that was 26 years overdue.

2. Super Bowl XLIII-One of the most thrilling championship games in sports history. Big Ben and the Steelers execute the 2-minute drill to perfection after the Cards took the lead. James Harrison's first-half ending interception return was magnificent!

3 (tie) The Streak-Busters! Back to back wins over the previously-unbeaten Patriots and Eagles. I still get a kick out of watching Hines mock TO after scoring a TD against the Eagles. I also like how it showed the TO-Donovan show was not long for the world.

4 Ravens-Steelers 2001. This one is another tie, I can't decide between the division clincher in Baltimore or the Divisional playoff game from that season. Both were very good in their own way. Those games showed Kordell at his best. Defense was solid in both games as well.

5. Cowboys-Steelers 2004, Big Ben takes Texas Stadium by storm and delivers a precision strike to Plexico in the final minute to deliver another win for the good guys!!

Steel Trap86
06-18-2010, 12:19 PM
That 05 Superbowl was great and all, but Ben never really played a good game and to be honest, I don't think he was in on that first TD lol. Best play of the night goes to Randell El & Ward on that trick play. I thought Superbowl XLIII was a better played game by both teams, Harrison's run was the baddest play of that night, even more so then Holmes' catch lol. and the last 2 TD's by Fitzgerald and Holmes were amazing to watch.

Dobre Shunka
06-18-2010, 03:48 PM
That last SB game of ours, unbelievable. Watched many a game ova the years, if that one didn't do it for you better get checked to see if you're breathing.

scudmissile29
06-18-2010, 05:24 PM
the 2008 jacksonville-pittsburgh playoff game was a great game could watch it all day even though we lost.

Stlrs4Life
06-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Hard to argue with any of the ones you posted.

scudmissile29
06-19-2010, 10:54 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-game-of-the-week/09000d5d80d3401e/Week-14-Cowboys-vs-Steelers-Game-of-the-Week

kgreen
06-20-2010, 01:52 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-game-of-the-week/09000d5d80d3401e/Week-14-Cowboys-vs-Steelers-Game-of-the-Week

I think the ENTIRE Steeler nation went ape-shirts when Townsend picked-off Romo.

MattyVfromCT
06-20-2010, 04:55 PM
I think the ENTIRE Steeler nation went ape-shirts when Townsend picked-off Romo.

oh yeah. i was there, the place was insane. everybody waving terrible towels and the noise was deafening. i had fluid in my ear at that time and the noise was making me cringe lol

scudmissile29
06-20-2010, 06:34 PM
AHA ROMO THROWS HIGH

INTERCEPTED!

LMAO

Moondog
06-27-2010, 03:40 AM
oh yeah. i was there, the place was insane. everybody waving terrible towels and the noise was deafening. i had fluid in my ear at that time and the noise was making me cringe lol

I was there also, I'll never forget that moment for as long as I live.