PDA

View Full Version : Double Standards

Rickpeod
06-12-2010, 06:47 AM
I was wondering why there isn't any talk about possible punishment to Reggie Bush and Pete Carroll. Ben Roethlisberger will get handed down a 6 game suspension for his actions without out being charged with a crime. Bush and Carroll obviously had some under handed doings at USC for the NCAA to pass down the harsh punishment for the USC program. It was my understanding that the Commish gave Roethlisberger his punishment due to his actions where defamatory to the NFL. I think when you have two individuals whose passed actions caused a college sports program to take a hit in which USC will receive from the NCAA and now are part of the NFL, if that isnít defamation I donít know what is. Partly because of Bushís and Carroll actions the current and future Athletesí at USC will not get the proper recognition they might deserve.

nuclearchihuahuas
06-12-2010, 07:10 PM
I haven't heard any word regarding any type of punishment for Bush and Carroll either. I also am unaware of any punishment for Sean Peyton and those involved in the drug scandal on the Saints team. I have not yet heard about any punishment for the Green Bay Packer involved in the latest sexual assault allegations. No crime apparently but look and the bad press that came to the NFL by the 7 players in that cabin. Only 1 was guilty? Does that make any difference...its a smudge on "the shield". I get that Goodell was in cahoots with the Rooney's regarding Ben's attitude adjustment--he did refer to it as an "intervention"--denoting a group effort...I think the point could have been made with fewer games suspended--but I must say, it does seem to have had a positive effect on Ben as he now clearly "gets it." :imho: just my :2cents:

K Train
06-12-2010, 07:30 PM
why would the NFL punish carrol and bush? carrol is a genius for jumping ship so he didnt get hit with any punishment. bush didnt do anything wrong...USC cheated to get him and he took the sweeter deal, he shouldnt be punished at all especially not by the NFL they dont have any say in the matter. memphis cheated by getting rose SATs taken by someone else, they lost their whole 08 season, rose was ROY and an all star and 1st overall...why would he care? same thing with bush, especially something thats been going n before and after reggies two years at usc

Dobre Shunka
06-12-2010, 09:33 PM
I was checking out the NFL network and Rich asked Warren Sapp to provide advice on Ben.:hilarious:

Steel Trap86
06-13-2010, 04:32 AM
What the f*ck happened ? i saw this on NFLN, but they didn't mention what it was for. All I know is they got a 2 year bowl ban, and playoff victories stripped? If I was a freshman I'd be kidnapping cheerleaders loll

K Train
06-13-2010, 12:05 PM
they gave bush gifts like money and cars and **** to come to USC, thats not allowed but it wasnt just bush theres been controversy over several recruits. so now they are banned for 2 years from bowl games, their juniors and seniors can transfer, they are losing 10 scholarships a year...it reallyhurt the future of team in the short term (since everything is short term in college) but carrol jumped ship to save his ***, cant blame him for that

scudmissile29
06-13-2010, 01:01 PM
I would suspend Ben Roethlisbeger 1 season.

I would eliminate the Patriots organisation for cheating

I would ban bill bellicheat from the NFL.

I would suspend Tom Brady for 2 nfl seasons.

I would kill rodney harrison.

I would break Tedy Bruschi's leg

I would ban sean payton from the nfl

I would ban anyone taking enhancing drugs from the nfl

But you cant do stuff to Pete the fag carroll and brittle bush for their crimes in the NCAA because it isnt NFL

DanRooney
06-13-2010, 04:17 PM
I would suspend Ben Roethlisbeger 1 season.

I would eliminate the Patriots organisation for cheating

I would ban bill bellicheat from the NFL.

I would suspend Tom Brady for 2 nfl seasons.

I would kill rodney harrison.

I would break Tedy Bruschi's leg

I would ban sean payton from the nfl

I would ban anyone taking enhancing drugs from the nfl

But you cant do stuff to Pete the fag carroll and brittle bush for their crimes in the NCAA because it isnt NFL

Nobody cares about what you would do. :yellowthumb:

scudmissile29
06-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Nobody cares about what you would do. :yellowthumb:

i dont care what you think.

now shut the **** up and go play with your lego set :) :yesnod:

DanRooney
06-13-2010, 07:23 PM
i dont care what you think.

now shut the **** up and go play with your lego set :) :yesnod:

Is this what 17 year olds like yourself do with your time now? Nobody likes your little tirades about Ben and your lack of knowledge about Steelers football. Go post on William Gay's twitter about your rants about the quality players on our team while you get boners over guys like him and Ryan Mundy.

scudmissile29
06-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Is this what 17 year olds like yourself do with your time now? Nobody likes your little tirades about Ben and your lack of knowledge about Steelers football. Go post on William Gay's twitter about your rants about the quality players on our team while you get boners over guys like him and Ryan Mundy.

my lack of knowledge, you seem to have a lack of life, you should just die for peoples sake.

why would i cry to ryan munday and william gay and a twitter rant, i dont spend all my life online like you.

says the guy whos busy trying to butt**** astronomy or whatever you were studying its lame. what a sad ****ing life ahead of you LMAO

not suprised to see so many suicides these days

--- Added 6/13/2010 at 06:37 PM ---

oh and my voilent speeches about ben... how about this one

our quarterback is a rapist

... if he died tommorow, out of all the 32 nfl teams, 31 wouldnt give a **** including me, he's already cost us this seasons super bowl chances, please dont say we have a chance, we dont have any ****ing chance, he could also cost coach tomlins job force dixon into starting to early.

its better off if he went to jail that disgraced scumbag, maybe u should join him, you love him so much he can rape the **** out of you.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-13-2010, 08:16 PM
my lack of knowledge, you seem to have a lack of life, you should just die for peoples sake.

why would i cry to ryan munday and william gay and a twitter rant, i dont spend all my life online like you.

says the guy whos busy trying to butt**** astronomy or whatever you were studying its lame. what a sad ****ing life ahead of you LMAO

... if he died tommorow, out of all the 32 nfl teams, 31 wouldnt give a **** including me, he's already cost us this seasons super bowl chances, please dont say we have a chance, we dont have any ****ing chance, he could also cost coach tomlins job force dixon into starting to early.

its better off if he went to jail that disgraced scumbag, maybe u should join him, you love him so much he can rape the **** out of you.

You're entitled to your opinion on Ben but stating he is a rapist is wrong.....The man never has been arrested so stop saying he i s rapist.....If you don't like him then ok but lets stick to facts........

I heard from somebody on this site said you were bragging about the sluts you banged.......Truth be told that is all Ben did.....Man what a hypocrite you are........

Ben will be gone 4 games at the most.......Those four games are against the Falcons in Pittsburgh, at Tenn, at Tampa Bay, and against the Ravens.......Steelers could go 2-2 or 3-1 in those games.......The Steelers Super Bowl chances are far from over......Even if they are us fans still have enjoyed two Super Bowl titles in the Big Ben era.......Can't win it every year.....

Try being a fan in the 90s when the Steelers were famous for blowing AFC title games in Pittsburgh and Neil O'Donnell throwing away Super Bowl XXX against the Cowboys......Talk about a reason to bitch.......lol

Its even ok to complain about your team at times but you take it way to far.....Really grow the **** up......:clap:

DanRooney
06-13-2010, 09:18 PM

I have 900 something posts on this board since 2008. You have close to 700 in a span of a few months. I'm a mechanical engineer. You're a 17 year old boy. Who doesn't have a life here?

Owned again! :hilarious: :yellowthumb:

nuclearchihuahuas
06-13-2010, 11:58 PM
You're entitled to your opinion on Ben but stating he is a rapist is wrong.....The man never has been arrested so stop saying he i s rapist.....If you don't like him then ok but lets stick to facts........

I heard from somebody on this site said you were bragging about the sluts you banged.......Truth be told that is all Ben did.....Man what a hypocrite you are........

Ben will be gone 4 games at the most.......Those four games are against the Falcons in Pittsburgh, at Tenn, at Tampa Bay, and against the Ravens.......Steelers could go 2-2 or 3-1 in those games.......The Steelers Super Bowl chances are far from over......Even if they are us fans still have enjoyed two Super Bowl titles in the Big Ben era.......Can't win it every year.....

Try being a fan in the 90s when the Steelers were famous for blowing AFC title games in Pittsburgh and Neil O'Donnell throwing away Super Bowl XXX against the Cowboys......Talk about a reason to bitch.......lol

Its even ok to complain about your team at times but you take it way to far.....Really grow the **** up......:clap:
:plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1:

--- Added 6/13/2010 at 10:58 PM ---

I have 900 something posts on this board since 2008. You have close to 700 in a span of a few months. I'm a mechanical engineer. You're a 17 year old boy. Who doesn't have a life here?

:plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1:

Steel Trap86
06-14-2010, 01:37 AM

your personal vendetta's against athletes are starting to **** me off, you wish jail and death on a guy that was never arrested, and its some drunk college girl making the allegations. i bet when ben was throwin TD's in those superbowls you had a whole different outlook on his personal life. who cares if he parties, as long as he doesn't get himself into a situation like that ever again and starts winning games i could care less what he does on his own time. btw our superbowl chances are not over, ben will be back after 4 games and we can easily take 2 of 4, plus i'll tell you right now when he does get back he's going to be on a mission after watching his team play without him for 4 weeks.

JensK
06-14-2010, 06:21 AM

Man... TG has got to be young :lol:

greg1964
06-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Although I did not like what Carrol and Bush did: The the true is that type of stuff happen more that people what to think. Believe me I know, I'm an former college football player. But to answer your original question, the reason the Commission can't to any thing with Carrol and Bush is because those infractions took place BEFORE they enter the NFL.

Now if the College rates want to place an band against Carrol from returning to those ranks, that fine. Nothing will/should happen to Bush now. The college ranks had an opportunity when he was playing and **** it away.