PDA

View Full Version : Im glad the Steelers never took Revis

scudmissile29
06-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Man if there really is one thing the Steelers do right it's never draft people with big egos.

Im glad we took Timmons, I'm not his biggest fan but at least he dont cry about not being top paid.

**** you Revis, go have a season like Champ Bailey in his younger years before you cry about being the highest paid player you over ego flated ****er, i hope wallace ****ing burns your *** when we play.

K Train
06-11-2010, 05:30 PM
i hated revis...he was one of very few players that made me look like a ****ing idiot. that being said no corner is worth $20 million a year, NONE

BlitzburghRockCity
06-11-2010, 05:32 PM
i hated revis...he was one of very few players that made me look like a ****ing idiot. that being said no corner is worth $20 million a year, NONE

No player period is worth 20 million a year, NONE. Revis is a total asshat and the worst kind of asshat at that...he's good and he knows it so everybody should bow down before this tard. :evilshake:

scudmissile29
06-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Yeah like he ****ing needs 20 million a year.

id be happy ****ing gettingh 500K a year.

sport players shouldnt get so much, they should swap wages with the army for a year or so and see how there life compares.

i wonder what it would be like to have a offseason where one best player is suspended and the other one is crying about getting more money which he really doesnt ****ing need. oh wait for what..... a new ****ing ferrari????????????

steelcitysfinestXL
06-11-2010, 07:13 PM

sport players shouldnt get so much, they should swap wages with the army for a year or so and see how there life compares.

i wonder what it would be like to have a offseason where one best player is suspended and the other one is crying about getting more money which he really doesnt ****ing need. oh wait for what..... a new ****ing ferrari????????????

Ha, i find it comical when people complain about the money professional athletes make. Whats the point guys? Its BIG business, look at CEO's around America, who make more than any football player, and see how much NOTHING they do for United Way and countless local charities! They make Darrell Revis look like a fu*king saint! Hell alot of them dont even pay their employees proper wages or provide health care. Dont blame the players for working within the system. There arent cheating anybody, they are playing by the rules and trying to make as much as possible in the 10-15 years they have to work... just watch the games and be jealous like me! I guess your entitled to your opinion, just kinda pointless to rant about if ya ask me... which ya didnt!:lol:

Back to the topic at hand! He's the best corner in the league right now, if he wants $20 mil a year, as outlandish as it seems he will most likely get it! Tell me watching Will Gay last year didnt make you want Darrell Revis!?!? Thats what i thought! Compare what he wants to Nate Clemens 8 yr $102 million dollar deal in '07and it kinda puts it into perspective. I wish he'd just honor his contract and renegotiate when he is a FA, but he has the right to try and deal now while his stock is SO high!

scudmissile29
06-11-2010, 07:46 PM
id take champ bailey 2006 season over darelle revis 2009 season.

Gettysburgh_Steel
06-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Ha, i find it comical when people complain about the money professional athletes make. Whats the point guys? Its BIG business, look at CEO's around America, who make more than any football player, and see how much NOTHING they do for United Way and countless local charities! They make Darrell Revis look like a fu*king saint! Hell alot of them dont even pay their employees proper wages or provide health care. Dont blame the players for working within the system. There arent cheating anybody, they are playing by the rules and trying to make as much as possible in the 10-15 years they have to work... just watch the games and be jealous like me! I guess your entitled to your opinion, just kinda pointless to rant about if ya ask me... which ya didnt!:lol:

Back to the topic at hand! He's the best corner in the league right now, if he wants $20 mil a year, as outlandish as it seems he will most likely get it! Tell me watching Will Gay last year didnt make you want Darrell Revis!?!? Thats what i thought! Compare what he wants to Nate Clemens 8 yr $102 million dollar deal in '07and it kinda puts it into perspective. I wish he'd just honor his contract and renegotiate when he is a FA, but he has the right to try and deal now while his stock is SO high!

Man nextdoor brother , they are some mighty hard words to swallow . He ain't even been picked on by the best yet . He stood his ground , ok . He ain't sold me nothin yet . Even the best can be picked appart by a good quarterback . Did you forget we have a good quarterback ? He is one man , lets see him try to cover 2 . I bet Wallace could burn him . Revis ain't here , and thats a fact ! Take it to the bank , and cash it in ! Dust in the wind . Water under the bridge . Revis will get picked upon more this year . Watch and see .

Black@Gold Forever32
06-11-2010, 09:06 PM

Don't like it then don't watch sports then.....:lol: Its that simple......I support the players over the owners........**** the owners since the players are sacrificing their bodies for the owners to make billions...lol

Yes I agree sports starts are over paid....So are actors and musicians........I don't hear anybody bitch when Russell Crowe makes 20-25 million for one movie...lol

andyg1984
06-11-2010, 09:27 PM
i thought revis had the most impressive season in the NFL last year, more impressive than chris johnson .. he is f^in amazing imo and he has CB on lock more than anybody has their position - too much parity at QB, WR, RB .. but 20M, im not sure ...

every year contracts will break records ... not a big deal imo

Gettysburgh_Steel
06-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Revis is a God . Give me a break please . watch him get picked on this year .Shut down that part of the field ? We will go somewhere else ! He is a good player , but he still has not been tested too much yet . Wait till we put a test on that a$$ . I think we do play em this year . Am i right ?

andyg1984
06-11-2010, 10:55 PM
do you watch teams other than the steelers? just google revis and look at the list of WR's he shut down ...

K Train
06-12-2010, 12:16 AM
revis was damn near perfect, but $20 million a year is so much for a corner when the highest paid one is a raider and hes only (i use that lightly) pulling down 15 mil

Gettysburgh_Steel
06-12-2010, 12:25 AM
The man only been in the league for a year , and already he is invincible ? Watch and learn . Thats all i gotta say .

K Train
06-12-2010, 03:47 AM
its like his 4th year now

scudmissile29
06-12-2010, 05:57 AM
Don't like it then don't watch sports then.....:lol: Its that simple......I support the players over the owners........**** the owners since the players are sacrificing their bodies for the owners to make billions...lol

Yes I agree sports starts are over paid....So are actors and musicians........I don't hear anybody bitch when Russell Crowe makes 20-25 million for one movie...lol

please there bodies.

try playing rugby and running around for 90 MINUTES WITH NO PADS.

with no oxygen masks to get your breathing back.

i find it comical after a 30 yard pass the receiver needs to get get some air back.

lololol.

they shouldnt have those on the sides of the pitches, i find it funny your state their bodies on the line.

LOL

andyg1984
06-12-2010, 09:03 AM
oh yeah, i never said he was worth the $, but he was the best in the league at any position last year imo

Stlrs4Life
06-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Salaries are getting out of control.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-13-2010, 10:05 AM
please there bodies.

try playing rugby and running around for 90 MINUTES WITH NO PADS.

with no oxygen masks to get your breathing back.

i find it comical after a 30 yard pass the receiver needs to get get some air back.

lololol.

they shouldnt have those on the sides of the pitches, i find it funny your state their bodies on the line.

LOL

Then go watch rugby.......You might find it comical and I really don't give a ****...lol But my point is the NFL players do put their bodies through hell while the owners just sit back and get rich....I rather see the players get the cash then the ****ing owners.....lol I agree the salaries are out of hand but nothing we can do about it......Don't like it then don't watch the NFL anymore....

scudmissile29
06-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Then go watch rugby.......You might find it comical and I really don't give a ****...lol But my point is the NFL players do put their bodies through hell while the owners just sit back and get rich....I rather see the players get the cash then the ****ing owners.....lol I agree the salaries are out of hand but nothing we can do about it......Don't like it then don't watch the NFL anymore....

i like the nfl more so dont ****ing tell me what to do.

rugby players get less, play twice a week and play 40 GAMES

while nfl players cry about not wanting longer seasons.

there a bunch of pussies.

Gettysburgh_Steel
06-13-2010, 10:51 AM
its like his 4th year now

sorry my bad , for some reaon i thought this was gonna be his second season . shows how much i follow the jets .

Black@Gold Forever32
06-13-2010, 10:57 AM
i like the nfl more so dont ****ing tell me what to do.

rugby players get less, play twice a week and play 40 GAMES

while nfl players cry about not wanting longer seasons.

there a bunch of pussies.

I tell you what to do as long as you're being an annoying whining ****.....:lol: Really could careless about Rugby.....Really don't give a rats *** about the sport or how many games they play......I really don't care how much athletes make either......So it doesn't bother me when somebody wants 20 million a year....Better then the Jets owner getting it.....

scudmissile29
06-13-2010, 12:43 PM
I tell you what to do as long as you're being an annoying whining ****.....:lol: Really could careless about Rugby.....Really don't give a rats *** about the sport or how many games they play......I really don't care how much athletes make either......So it doesn't bother me when somebody wants 20 million a year....Better then the Jets owner getting it.....

i dont give a rats *** about rugby either, im just point out,

nfl players think they train and work so hard -- really they do jack ****.

jnes1216
06-13-2010, 03:08 PM
The player salaries are what it is, no use arguing about it. Who do you blame-- the players for asking for those amounts, or the owners who gave them. Some owners have given ludricous amounts to players, deservedly or not. (See Al Davis and Dan Snyder for instance). They forced their own market. If the player believes he outperformed his current contract then he should have the right to ask for a new one. If the owner believes this as well, they'll work it out.

Real Deal Steel
06-14-2010, 02:31 AM
I think Revis is a great player but no player is worth 20 million a season other then a QB possibly. But I'm glad he's causing the Jets such a headache. It's obvious that Revis has read too many press clippings on himself. Good job Revis. Keep it up.

greg1964
06-14-2010, 08:59 AM
20 million, no way: but he is the best corner in the NFL: this is what happens when people blow smoke up your **s telling you that you are a bag of chips with dip. If Manning is worth 16+ million a year, and the corner for the Raiders is worth 15+ million a year, and owners like Danial Snyder are will willing to pay A.H. 100+ over 7 years. I'm not hating because he asked, but I will not play it: But could you imagine what D.L. would do if he had a player like Revis.

JensK
06-14-2010, 03:04 PM
I honestly don't think he is that much better than Nnamdi. Sure, he gets more interceptions and he does make a bunch of splash-plays, but look for it to drop a lot this year. QBs just wont throw hes way anymore. Same thing that happened to Nnamdi. He is not getting as many interceptions and stuff anymore, but he locks down one site of the field, because you just don't throw hes way.

K Train
06-14-2010, 03:12 PM
revis is better than nnamdi, nnamdi went from being so underrated to so overrated overnight

DanRooney
06-14-2010, 06:45 PM
I don't think so. Give Asomugha Rex Ryan's defensive scheme and I guarantee you he'll be the more flashy of the two. He can't help that his LBers and a majority of his front line suck balls.

scudmissile29
06-16-2010, 03:28 PM
nnamdi is much better.

andyg1984
06-16-2010, 04:09 PM
naw .. you cannot say that watching anything from 2009 .. no way ..

K Train
06-16-2010, 04:38 PM
nnamdi is really good, but revis might be the most dominate corner ive ever seen and its very early in his career. his first game as a pro he got raped by randy moss, now he barely gives any WR an inch to play with AND he makes big plays when they try

scudmissile29
06-16-2010, 04:40 PM
champ bailey was a better corner in his younger years than revis.

i bet wallace will burn his *** next year in a bomb, why because speed kills and that is what champ had and revis dont.

champ was ultimare corner and he had such good hands it would of made me jizz if we had selected him at 13... its a shame we selected a twat like troy edwards

K Train
06-16-2010, 04:44 PM
yeah well bailey is washed up now, but i still think revis ends up being the best corner since sanders. especially since opponents will now be more inclined to not avoid him 100% like they do nnamdi because while you can just ignore nnamdis half of the field, you cant so much do that with revis 1) its a high pressure defense and 2) cromartie probably has the best hands of any corner in the league and is amazing after the catch, you can pick on him sometimes but you dont want to just force things to him....not to mention kyle wilson and lowery are starting caliber CBs

jnes1216
06-16-2010, 04:50 PM
yeah well bailey is washed up now, but i still think revis ends up being the best corner since sanders. especially since opponents will now be more inclined to not avoid him 100% like they do nnamdi because while you can just ignore nnamdis half of the field, you cant so much do that with revis 1) its a high pressure defense and 2) cromartie probably has the best hands of any corner in the league and is amazing after the catch, you can pick on him sometimes but you dont want to just force things to him....not to mention kyle wilson and lowery are starting caliber CBs

I disagree, I still think Bailey plays at a high level. Still very smooth in transition.

JensK
06-16-2010, 04:51 PM
I disagree, I still think Bailey plays at a high level. Still very smooth in transition.

Not compared to Nnamdi or Revis

jnes1216
06-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Not compared to Nnamdi or Revis

Ever or now? Baileys past his prime yes, but not washed up. Washed up makes me think of former star now 2nd string.

andyg1984
06-16-2010, 05:00 PM
i am a little surprised we are having this conversation .. these other guys are good for sure, but using 2009 as a giude NOBODY can bring it every week like Revis .. it is not even close

scudmissile29
06-16-2010, 06:18 PM
haha cromarite has hands?

champ bailey interception stats

2005: 8 ints
2006: 10 ints

Nnamdi Asomugha interception stats:

2006: 8 ints
2009: 1 ints

antonio cromartie interception stats:
2007: 10 ints
2009: 3 ints

look at the huge drop off of interceptions, asomugha fair enough because nobody threw his way.

bailey in his prime > over anybody above mentioned in their prime.

bailey is prime

but look at champ 18 ****ing interceptions in two years, un****ing believeable revis will never come close to his all around shut down stats

K Train
06-16-2010, 06:32 PM
cromartie has excellent hands, hes just lazy and has survived on natural ability....hes best in a defense that gets good presure, that year he had 10 picks merriman KILLED it, not hes in the perfect situation

scudmissile29
06-17-2010, 08:58 AM
he was a one trick pony like deangelo hall...

holmes burned his *** last year and so did mike wallace on a few plays.

K Train
06-17-2010, 09:21 AM
i agree with the hall comparison...both very naturally gifted, but lazy and dont tune up their game. but hall is playing very well in washington as a #2 CB. he failed in oakland because they had zero pass rush and nnamdi was too good despite that. NYJ has a fantastic rush

scudmissile29
06-17-2010, 10:06 AM
thats true having no pass rush will make it harder for the corner, thats why i think nnamdi is better, they havent had push rush and probably wont for a few years since they drafted correctly this year with mcclain.

K Train
06-17-2010, 10:50 AM
they actually have alot of new faces and should be able to get a pass rush going. john henderson, richard seymour, lamaar houston, and tommy kelly is a terrific Dline and they have quentin groves and kameron wimbley as OLBs with scott and howard around for the ride....they should be able to get some edge rush this year with the new OLBs and all the beef on the dline.

im just sayin the comparison is valid....hall and cro are very similar, but hall failed in oakland for the reason of the rest of the defense. nnamdi and revis are both blankets with not great speed but elite technique. hall and cro will be crushed by that kind of opposing corner without a pass rush, but will be superstar look alikes with a great pass rush because of their great ball skills and return ability

scudmissile29
06-17-2010, 11:08 AM
ok fair points but i still think champ was the **** in his prime he had everything u would want in a corner

harpo
06-17-2010, 11:17 AM

Good post.....

--- Added 6/17/2010 at 09:17 AM ---

Good post....:yellowthumb:

coldrolled
06-17-2010, 02:23 PM

if the owners are all billionaires, why cant the steelers, get one WR, S, or CB and spend some money this year...???

only the jets, skins and pats have an open cap every year? is there really a cap?
are the owners all really billionaires?? or are people eating more kraft mac and cheese then placing the bets around the track.

scudmissile29
06-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Well Revis is about to get a 100m extension.

Dobre Shunka
06-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Think that it is way too much money for anyone man too, but as others have said you can't blames them for going after it and Revis was the real deal.

Now, let's see if his production drops off when they do dare throw at him.

scudmissile29
06-21-2010, 10:22 AM
of course his production will drop off... line up heyward bay, wallace or chris johnson opposite him and watch them run straight past him.

i cant wait until he gets ****ing owned.

K Train
06-21-2010, 11:40 AM
the man can blanket randy moss who could run a straight 4.3 at this stage in his career still, who also has about 4 inches on him, and probably some of the best hands in the history of the NFL...i really DOUBT that heyward bey is gonna be too much a problem, the same heyward bey that started most games last year and had like 12 total catches...give me a break

jnes1216
06-21-2010, 12:07 PM
I think Heyward Bey has Sweed disease. I don't think Hey Bey has faked injury though.

Irregardless I would have drafted Revis. Its not like the distraction is team oriented, he's just greedy. Maybe arrogant, but you want that in a corner. How long did Woodson hold out to run track? Revis's cover ability opens up so much more for the defense, especially a blitz happy defense. Talent like that is rare, we're comparing only a few guys - revis, nmandi, and bailey (couple seasons ago), and could include Clements from San fran. Shows you how tough the position is.

scudmissile29
06-21-2010, 01:02 PM
yeah and guess who was throwing the football.

and your saying he cant improve? he was taken far too early but speed kills if heyward bay can learn to run routes he can be dangerous

jnes1216
06-21-2010, 02:15 PM
I hope heyward does improve, just for the fact that I cant stand the chargers and would like to see the raiders take the west. denver is too tebow crazy as well.

K Train
06-21-2010, 02:39 PM
yeah and guess who was throwing the football.

and your saying he cant improve? he was taken far too early but speed kills if heyward bay can learn to run routes he can be dangerous

i like DHB, its not his fault he was taken 7th so good for him, he was exactly what i thought he was but that doesnt mean hes gonna torch revis cause hes fast, thats one of the dumbest things youve ever said...clearly you must not understand the position of CB at all, or maybe not even the sport as a whole because if being fast was all it took there would be alot more hall of fame WRs

oh btw revis ran a 4.39, which is fantastic for a corner...theres really not many that would run better than that. revis is faster than samuel, nnamdi, bailey, woodson. actually the only ones faster probably are hall, the cromarties, and fabian washington (all of whom get torched way more than revis)

think your arguments through for once

scudmissile29
06-21-2010, 05:02 PM
i like DHB, its not his fault he was taken 7th so good for him, he was exactly what i thought he was but that doesnt mean hes gonna torch revis cause hes fast, thats one of the dumbest things youve ever said...clearly you must not understand the position of CB at all, or maybe not even the sport as a whole because if being fast was all it took there would be alot more hall of fame WRs

oh btw revis ran a 4.39, which is fantastic for a corner...theres really not many that would run better than that. revis is faster than samuel, nnamdi, bailey, woodson. actually the only ones faster probably are hall, the cromarties, and fabian washington (all of whom get torched way more than revis)

think your arguments through for once

your an idiot, chris johnson would breeze right past him, yes u need techincal skills but with cj you just need speed.

if you hadnt notice chris johnsons 40 yard dash was faster than usains bolts first 40 yards of his beijing time.

stop hating on the dreads so hush your lips

champ bailey is faster than revis was when he was in his prime. easily he did 4.2's

revis didnt work out in the combine because he knew he would get a homer time at his pro day.

****ing faggot revis is he will never be as good as champ was.

andyg1984
06-21-2010, 05:33 PM
whoa, if i rmbr correctly at revis' pro-day he ran below 6.6 in the 3 cone and had something just under a 40" vert dude in addition to something right at 4.4 if not below .. that means you can turn, run and jump with the best of them..

at times you make good points, but you are not going to win this argument .. there is nobody even close to revis .. just ask Andre Johnson, Chad Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Randy Moss, TO, Colston, Reggie Wayne, etc and the list actually goes on ... they will all tell you he was good enough to take them out of games

scudmissile29
06-21-2010, 05:38 PM
champ>darelle

JensK
06-21-2010, 06:18 PM
champ>darelle

It must be true if you say so...

K Train
06-21-2010, 07:00 PM
your an idiot, chris johnson would breeze right past him, yes u need techincal skills but with cj you just need speed.

if you hadnt notice chris johnsons 40 yard dash was faster than usains bolts first 40 yards of his beijing time.

stop hating on the dreads so hush your lips

champ bailey is faster than revis was when he was in his prime. easily he did 4.2's

revis didnt work out in the combine because he knew he would get a homer time at his pro day.

****ing faggot revis is he will never be as good as champ was.
bolt would murder johnson in the 100m, johnson is quick off the whistle like a football player is supposed to be, bolt is blazing fast once in full stride, neither of whom ever train to beat each other.

and you act like johnson is unstoppable....the steelers raped him last year.

bailey was never incredibly fast, not 4.2 fast....your just flat out wrong making up numbers, but thats to be expected i guess when you cant back up **** with anything besides saying your right and hes a ****ing faggot and chris johnson is awesome cause he has dreads

jnes1216
06-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Bailey's time coming out of college was listed at 4.4 - 40yd dash. It didn't say where that was taken.

He did have the 1999 combine best time of 3.79 in the 20 yard shuttle. And was listed as 4.28 in the 40 at the combine, but there's an asterisk. They don't say what the asterisk means.

http://www.topendsports.com/sport/gridiron/nfl-draft-results-top.htm

Black@Gold Forever32
06-21-2010, 07:57 PM
bolt would murder johnson in the 100m, johnson is quick off the whistle like a football player is supposed to be, bolt is blazing fast once in full stride, neither of whom ever train to beat each other.

and you act like johnson is unstoppable....the steelers raped him last year.

bailey was never incredibly fast, not 4.2 fast....your just flat out wrong making up numbers, but thats to be expected i guess when you cant back up **** with anything besides saying your right and hes a ****ing faggot and chris johnson is awesome cause he has dreads

"Chris Johnson is awesome cause he had dreads".............I love that quote...lol

Ktrain its a waste of time to argue with him....lol He knows everything and he is always right......

K Train
06-21-2010, 08:05 PM
nah see i know everything and im always right...hence the conflict lol

K Train
06-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Bailey's time coming out of college was listed at 4.4 - 40yd dash. It didn't say where that was taken.

He did have the 1999 combine best time of 3.79 in the 20 yard shuttle. And was listed as 4.28 in the 40 at the combine, but there's an asterisk. They don't say what the asterisk means.

http://www.topendsports.com/sport/gridiron/nfl-draft-results-top.htm

i know hes a 4.4 guy in his younger years but thats not even THAT fast, its great for a CB since anything sub 4.5 is considered good.

the asterisk is cause they didnt keep official times until 2000

scudmissile29
06-21-2010, 09:03 PM
i never said the 100m is the 40 yard dash, im showing how quick johnson is in short sprints... revis wouldnt catch him.

he also raped us the year before on a 4th and long if you dont remember.

stats isnt everything but bailey owns revis when he was a coverage player without stats.

bailey has the speed, the leap, the hands, the sexyness, the everything... and he aint greedy.

if i was david harris i would walk into the locker room and throw revis a beating if he wants to be a greedy faggot for 100m.

but it doesnt help that fat *** rex ryan who will never be like dick lebeau blurts out how good he is and the best defensive football player in the league.

revis isnt a team player.

if you think chris johnson is awesome just because of his dreads....

im sorry but best dreads are owned by al harris

Dobre Shunka
06-21-2010, 09:39 PM
I think many confuse track speed w/ the speed needed to play football. Yes, speed helps when you're a RB or WR (duh), and true you can't teach it, but just because you can fly down the track doesn't mean you can play football.

On the track, no one is hitting you, you're running straight up, you're are wearing practically what you were born w/, and you have nothing to think about but that finish line.

So, speed is definitely valued for the NFL player, but football speed and track speed are two entirely different skill sets. The NFL is looking for football players that are fast and quick in a number of ways, not fast people to put on the football field.

Revis has enough speed, truth be told, most NFL players do but what makes him good is his exceptional position play. In other words, he knows how to play the game.