PDA

View Full Version : Lendale White to Pittsburgh???

harpo
06-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Not sure if this article has already been posted. If it has, please forgive my ignorance.

------------------------------------------------

Could LenDale White End Up Playing for the Pittsburgh Steelers?
by Nick Signorelli

In 2006, there were many rumors that the Pittsburgh Steelers would take a chance on USC tailback LenDale White.

There was talk that White was able to be a force at USC because most teams prepared for the elusive teammate of White, Heisman Trophy Winner Reggie Bush.

Some thought that White would be an excellent replacement for the recently retired Jerome Bettis.

The Steelers decided to to go a different direction, by trading up in the draft, and selecting Santonio Holmes out of Ohio State with the 25th pick in the draft.

Read the rest of the article here:

Could Lendale White end up playing for the Steelers? (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/404370-could-lendale-white-end-up-playing-for-the-pittsburgh-steelers?source=rss_teams_Pittsburgh_Steelers)

================================================== ================

I have just two words:

1. HELL
2. NO

:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
06-11-2010, 02:30 PM
His running style would be a fit for us, there's little doubt of that. He does have power to break tackles but I don't really him realistically coming here. Fans aside, because we all know he's a douchebag, I just don't think they are really looking for another RB right now because Dwyer has been playing well and they still have faith in Redman at this point from last I heard. Moore is the one of the best change of pace, 3rd down backs, in the business and honestly having him as a primary backup is not a bad idea at all IMO.

K Train
06-11-2010, 02:34 PM
he was never a power runner, he was just fat. hes a dancing kind of runner that was put in goal line situations behind an awesome run blocking line...because hes fat and is looked at as a fat back power runner.

now hes weighing in at 215 pounds...wayyyyy too light for him to be effective and hes facing a drug suspension. no way in hell they bring him in, dwyer was a better prospect than him anyway

jnes1216
06-11-2010, 03:12 PM
he was never a power runner, he was just fat. hes a dancing kind of runner that was put in goal line situations behind an awesome run blocking line...because hes fat and is looked at as a fat back power runner.

now hes weighing in at 215 pounds...wayyyyy too light for him to be effective and hes facing a drug suspension. no way in hell they bring him in, dwyer was a better prospect than him anyway

I agree, they just got rid of Holmes for bad behavior, they won't turn around and sign White who is facing a drug suspension.

Gettysburgh_Steel
06-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Where do you guy's come up with this stuff? He could be a jock strap carrier , or "hey boy get me some gatorade " kind of guy . He would be good for that . I'm afraid that's about it .

andyg1984
06-11-2010, 03:54 PM
His running style would be a fit for us, there's little doubt of that. He does have power to break tackles but I don't really him realistically coming here. Fans aside, because we all know he's a douchebag, I just don't think they are really looking for another RB right now because Dwyer has been playing well and they still have faith in Redman at this point from last I heard. Moore is the one of the best change of pace, 3rd down backs, in the business and honestly having him as a primary backup is not a bad idea at all IMO.

imo moore is sooooo replacable and is out of the discussion for being one of the better change of pace backs... i don't think there is a defensive coordinator in the league who is worried about him .. he is at best average at everything .. he lacks a burst, is not particularly powerful .. just my opinion, but i don't undrstand why people like him (save for the fact that mendy was injured in '08 and fwp was a bum)

lloydfan4life
06-11-2010, 04:07 PM
This POS has no business even sniffing a Steeler uniform after his little antics with the Terrible Towel. Nuff said.

StlersGuy
06-11-2010, 04:23 PM
:barf:LenDale White

nuclearchihuahuas
06-11-2010, 04:45 PM
This POS has no business even sniffing a Steeler uniform after his little antics with the Terrible Towel. Nuff said.

:clap::plus1: Definitely true! No way, No how, could I support LenDale White in a Steelers uniform. It's blasphemous! There has already been enough trouble this year; we do not need any more!

scudmissile29
06-11-2010, 05:07 PM
deebo would throw him a beating as soon as he stepped through the training room.

K Train
06-11-2010, 05:32 PM
imo moore is sooooo replacable and is out of the discussion for being one of the better change of pace backs... i don't think there is a defensive coordinator in the league who is worried about him .. he is at best average at everything .. he lacks a burst, is not particularly powerful .. just my opinion, but i don't undrstand why people like him (save for the fact that mendy was injured in '08 and fwp was a bum)

its his kevin faulk-like 3rd down receiving ability

BlitzburghRockCity
06-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Moore has been money for us every time he touches the ball. He's a guaranteed first down every time he catches the ball out of the backfield, he's reliable and knows how to read the running lanes, he can pick up blitzers as well as anybody. He's jack of all trades, master of none, and that's good enough for us to have on our team in this case. He's good at what he does and he's a leader; one of the better FA pickups this team has had in quite awhile.

K Train
06-11-2010, 05:36 PM
meh, his blitz pickup regressed alot, he got steam rolled alot. mendenhall is our best blocker at RB now

Gettysburgh_Steel
06-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Lendale white , could you go get me a gatorade please ? I mean now ! Hey Lendale , could you get me a clean towel ? I mean today fool . Hey brother Lendale , watch my locker while i go take care of some bizz. Hey , yo brother Lendale , can you clean up in here , it's gettin kind of dirty up in here . Yo brother Lendale , here is my keys , pull my car up front to me , so i don't need to walk . Get the picture ?
:cope:

DanRooney
06-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Moore has been money for us every time he touches the ball. He's a guaranteed first down every time he catches the ball out of the backfield, he's reliable and knows how to read the running lanes, he can pick up blitzers as well as anybody. He's jack of all trades, master of none, and that's good enough for us to have on our team in this case. He's good at what he does and he's a leader; one of the better FA pickups this team has had in quite awhile.

Last year was 2009, not 2008.

Moore was rarely thrown too. Ben/Bruce failed to utilize him at what he does best. Instead he gets pitches to the outside that turn a 3rd and 2 into a 4th and 10.

steelcitysfinestXL
06-11-2010, 06:05 PM

Moore, while being VERY successful in the SB XLIII season, REALLY fell out of favor last season. Especially towards then end when he was all but benched in favor of FWP as the "change of pace" back. Moore in '08= great back up... Moore in '09= cause for concern.

Truth be told, there is NO body behind Mendenhall and Moore. Mendenhall, in all honesty, is entering his second full year and his first year beginning as a starter. Moore was a great 2nd/3rd option, while we had FWP. Looking at the depth chart as it is... our most proven player behind Moore is... Isaac Redman?!?!!? Justin Vincent!?!?! STEFAN LOGAN?!?!?! Dont know about you guys but that doesnt leave me warm and fuzzy! And thats WITH OUT injuries!

I like Dwyer, and i think he is gonna be the steal of the draft... but i wouldnt be upset if they brought a legit NFL vet into camp to test the depth of this stable of in-experienced backs... even if it was White. Love him or hate him, he has been productive for the most part, even had a GREAT year in '08 behind Johnson. Last year was ****, but he would come CHEAP and may be worth a look in camp. I doubt it happens due to the suspension looming... but i think they may need a lil help at RB in Latrobe!

meh, his blitz pickup regressed alot, he got steam rolled alot. mendenhall is our best blocker at RB now

:plus1: thats why he was sat... FWP was a better blocker than him last year.... and that aint sayin much!!!

Gettysburgh_Steel
06-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Moore, while being VERY successful in the SB XLIII season, REALLY fell out of favor last season. Especially towards then end when he was all but benched in favor of FWP as the "change of pace" back. Moore in '08= great back up... Moore in '09= cause for concern.

Truth be told, there is NO body behind Mendenhall and Moore. Mendenhall, in all honesty, is entering his second full year and his first year beginning as a starter. Moore was a great 2nd/3rd option, while we had FWP. Looking at the depth chart as it is... our most proven player behind Moore is... Isaac Redman?!?!!? Justin Vincent!?!?! STEFAN LOGAN?!?!?! Dont know about you guys but that doesnt leave me warm and fuzzy! And thats WITH OUT injuries!

I like Dwyer, and i think he is gonna be the steal of the draft... but i wouldnt be upset if they brought a legit NFL vet into camp to test the depth of this stable of in-experienced backs... even if it was White. Love him or hate him, he has been productive for the most part, even had a GREAT year in '08 behind Johnson. Last year was ****, but he would come CHEAP and may be worth a look in camp. I doubt it happens due to the suspension looming... but i think they may need a lil help at RB in Latrobe!

:plus1: thats why he was sat... FWP was a better blocker than him last year.... and that aint sayin much!!!

How would he feel coming to the city that he dissed ?? We are pretty deep in running backs , none proven for the most part , but deep none the less. I just can not see it happening , i'm sorry . He paved his own road , and now he has to drive on it . Kind of like us all .I would be willing to bet we will never see him in Gold and black . I have been wrong before though . I just don't think i am this time .

Black@Gold Forever32
06-11-2010, 06:18 PM
**** Lendale White....He is over-rated and a bum.......He stepped on the Terrible Towel and I rather give on young RB Dwyer a chance......

LatrobePA
06-11-2010, 06:31 PM
F - Lendale White!!

steelcitysfinestXL
06-11-2010, 06:45 PM
We are pretty deep in running backs , none proven for the most part , but deep none the less. .

I kept this sentence, because i wasnt saying "I want Lendale" i was saying i think a VET back may help atleast through camp til we can see if Dwyer/Vincent/Redman are gonna pan out. I have a feeling Dwyer will be a stud, but its still a gamble.

So heres our depth chart:

1.Mendenhall- 12 starts last season, our clear cut starter, and player im HIGH on for breakout year!
2.Moore- terrible '09 season (heres the proof--->) http://www.nfl.com/players/meweldemoore/profile?id=MOO557284
*3-6 (in no particular order)
3. Johnathan Dwyer- rookie- great OTA's, lotta upside
4. Stafan Logan- gimic player at best
5. Justin Vincent- 0 nfl carries
6. Isaac Redman- 0 nfl carries

Im just saying, bringing in a proven NFL capable back to camp will help this team out. Theres little to be excited about, outside of Dwyer, after Mendenhall. White may not be the answer, but i dont want to completely dismiss the idea of adding a vet for camp.

jnes1216
06-11-2010, 07:12 PM
I know LaDainian Tomlinson signed with the Jets but does anyone know if Pitts. was interested? Don't know what he signed for on his 2yr contract but I dont remember it being big time money. He could have been Moore's replacement.

2 yr contract for 5 million, just found it.

steelcitysfinestXL
06-11-2010, 07:20 PM
I know LaDanian Tomlinson signed with the Jets but does anyone know if Pitts. was interested? Don't know what he signed for on his 2yr contract but I dont remember it being big time money. He could have been Moore's replacement.

i really think FO was banking on Willie not getting much attention in Free Agency and signing with pittsburgh for cheap. Figures washington signs him and he may get cut from there anyway. LT, like Parker, is on the wrong side of 30 and it shows. While i think he will be productive if given the carries in NY, im not suprised we didnt look at a 30 year old LT whos past his prime.

Gettysburgh_Steel
06-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Dude , whatever pipe dream you have , you probably want to lay it to rest "right now " !It is not going to happen in a million years . If it does . then i will stand corrected . We have plenty of backs that may be untested , but damn , man , that is carrying things too far . Lendale as a Steeler ? I'm sorry bro , i can't see it developing . He has other fish to fry now . Hey Lendale ! Get me my jersey , it's game time . Lay it to rest please ?

--- Added 6/11/2010 at 05:41 PM ---

i'm sorry man . I just can not see Lendale in Gold & Black ! You have the right to your opinion though . Did not mean to step on your toes . Forgive me for being staight ahead .
I get carried away sometimes . In all seriousness , we do not need him !

coldrolled
06-11-2010, 07:48 PM
arians needs him like a hole in the head.

lets try WR or Safety or CB

Gettysburgh_Steel
06-11-2010, 08:24 PM
arians needs him like a hole in the head.

lets try WR or Safety or CB

Thats the thing man , we became so predictable with our play calling , it actually makes us a sitting duck . We use to advertise run , and we use to run anyway . A little mixing up of plays could not hurt too much . I dream of the old days when we use to line up , and the defense knew we were going to run , and we knew we were going to run , and we would run . Our line is not as bad as it's reputation would lead you to believe . It's the telegraph the offense sends . I know thats my opinion , but i been following this team since 1972 . We have lost the edge when it comes to running the ball. Sure , we got lucky to pick the "Bus" up from the Rams . But that was our style ! We can be dominant again with a back that can move the pile ! No , not Lend - me -your- dale -White either ! I think a little change-up on the offensive play calling could do wonders .When you know for a fact , that we are gonna run that freakin ball , thats when i want to see a pass . Chuck was the man ! A thinker . We need to bring it back !

andyg1984
06-11-2010, 09:36 PM
moore creates zero matchup problems .. tons of young talent in any draft that can replace him .. football intelligence is overrated in this particular case imo because you have to eventually beat able to beat someone..

i just dont like RB's whose strengths are when they do not have the ball ... that is what the 7th round of the draft is for imo ..

Gettysburgh_Steel
06-11-2010, 10:45 PM
keep your eyes open then . you might see something you do not want to miss . It will not be Len dale white , either ! Mark it down !

igor0190
06-11-2010, 11:49 PM
keep your eyes open then . you might see something you do not want to miss . It will not be Len dale white , either ! Mark it down !

HUH? :thinking::thinking:

steelersbabex25
06-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Ugh. Just the thought of signing that a$$hole is making me want to :barf:

nuclearchihuahuas
06-13-2010, 08:45 PM

Do you know of some plan on the horizon? Or, are you talking about Dwyer having a great year? Maybe the o-line will suddenly turn out to be superstars and open gaping holes? What do you know or think is coming? 'Cause I will happily watch for it :thinking:

Real Deal Steel
06-14-2010, 02:23 AM
No way. This team is looking to upgrade it's character. Not bring in a cornball like White who is obviously a weed head from the talk that I've heard. And I live here in Southern California.

greg1964
06-14-2010, 09:03 AM
if the Steelers bring in L.W. I will have to pack up my Terrible Towel and not unpack it until he is cut, or retires. NO WAY

Steeler
06-14-2010, 10:54 AM
It would be awesome if lendale white came to the Steelers we would really have a power run game then although i have my doubts it will happen because we have too many decent running backs already

steelersbabex25
06-14-2010, 12:24 PM
It would be awesome if lendale white came to the Steelers we would really have a power run game then although i have my doubts it will happen because we have too many decent running backs already

Too many decent ones? We have a great running back in Rashard Mendenhall..there's your power run game.

MattyVfromCT
06-14-2010, 12:38 PM
NOT HAPPENING! EVER! MARK MY WORDS!

seriously, do you think the Rooneys are going to bring in a guy who metaphorically spit in the face of their family, organization, their fans and the late, great Myron Cope? HELL NO! THEN throw in the fact that he's facing a suspension for substance abuse. NOT HAPPENING! There will be peace in the middle east before the Steelers would even consider signing that fat POS, let alone actually sign him. To hell with LenDale White. I hope he signs to a team we play late in the season just to see him get shut down AGAIN and see the POS get his *** beat to **** by our D.

nuclearchihuahuas
06-14-2010, 02:26 PM
NOT HAPPENING! EVER! MARK MY WORDS!

seriously, do you think the Rooneys are going to bring in a guy who metaphorically spit in the face of their family, organization, their fans and the late, great Myron Cope? HELL NO! THEN throw in the fact that he's facing a suspension for substance abuse. NOT HAPPENING! There will be peace in the middle east before the Steelers would even consider signing that fat POS, let alone actually sign him. To hell with LenDale White. I hope he signs to a team we play late in the season just to see him get shut down AGAIN and see the POS get his *** beat to **** by our D.

:yellowthumb: LOL :lol: ...but now please tell us how you really feel! :greengrin:

MattyVfromCT
06-14-2010, 04:01 PM
:yellowthumb: LOL :lol: ...but now please tell us how you really feel! :greengrin:

lol. sorry i just hate that guy. and i feel very confident the rooneys would never even consider it, forget about actually signing him. he sucks anyway

Dobre Shunka
06-14-2010, 09:31 PM
When H*ll freezes over.

XLJohn
06-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Hell no and aint happing post something that may be true not that crap:banging:

Blazedby92
06-16-2010, 08:42 AM
NO THANK YOU

Stlrs4Life
06-24-2010, 11:21 AM

What Lloyd said! No way!

TampaSteelGirl
06-24-2010, 11:29 AM
NO F'IN WAY I'll ACCEPT HIM IN PITTSBURGH!!!!!!