PDA

View Full Version : Team ranking

cmerrifield
06-11-2010, 12:15 PM
A lot of people say the Steelers are mid-teens in preseason ranking. I know we have some holes, but does that seem right to anyone? I know I tend towards being a homer, but every team has holes, and I am not sure we have so many holes that we wont at least compete for the playoffs. I feel like we addressed many holes in the offseason, but am I being a huge homer, and overestimating the team, or are we better than most "experts" think?

ejsteeler
06-11-2010, 12:24 PM
I like being low on the rankings. We always seem to do better from there. :dunno:

jnes1216
06-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Our starting QB is gone for 4 to 6 games and Pittsburgh never makes a big splash in free agency which the ranking people seem to love (a la Baltimore and Jets). Probably right where we should be ranked imo. It will all be forgotten when we win #7 though!!

Lunchbucket
06-12-2010, 03:08 PM
I like being low on the rankings. We always seem to do better from there. :dunno:

I like it too,we seem to play better as the dog and not the front runner,sometimes lack of respect can light a fire.

coldrolled
06-13-2010, 08:54 AM
We need a CB - WR - S.. A #1 or #2 starter type player in at least one of these spots.
we need to spend a little more this year. just this year. just one good player.

nuclearchihuahuas
06-13-2010, 06:52 PM
I just read the current odds on the Steelers to win the Super Bowl are 20 to 1. The odds on the Ravens are only 14 to 1. Bengals, 30:1 and the Browns 100:1. Wow, it really sucks to be us! Apparently, we don't even need to play the season because its been written off already by the "writers". I wonder, how often are these same writers correct with their start of the season predictions? As I recall, the last several years, the Chargers were predicted to win the SB. HMMM...the only bet I would take right now it that the "experts" predictions are incorrect.

steelersbabex25
06-13-2010, 07:45 PM

And it's always sweeter when we win and you weren't supposed to. Pittsburgh sports thrive on being underdogs.