PDA

View Full Version : Fill in the blank ...

andyg1984
06-10-2010, 05:17 PM
I am going through post-draft withdrawal as I am sure many of ya'll are so I thought we could start the way too early talk ...

Fill in the blanks to this statement ..

With the ___ overall pick in the 2011 draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select _____ ...but I wish they would select _____ at the same pick.

14th, Allen Bailey, Jonathan Baldwin (assuming AJG and JJ will be gone). .. don't get me wrong Bailey is cool and I would be happy, but i think baldwin is not too far off AJG, JJ and I like him a little more than Floyd ..

No trade talk ... this is to see where you think we pick, who we will pick and who you wished we would pick

K Train
06-10-2010, 07:44 PM
With the _24th__ overall pick in the 2011 draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select __Prince Amukamara___ ...but I wish they would select ___Him or baldwin or floyd__ at the same pick.

scudmissile29
06-11-2010, 03:56 AM
With the _13_ overall pick in the 2011 draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select _rahim moore_ ...but I wish they would select _aaron williams_ at the same pick.

andyg1984
06-11-2010, 08:07 AM
over/under 4 WR's taken in the 1st?

--- Added 6/11/2010 at 07:07 AM ---

is anyone getting the feeling we will regret not drafting dez bryant 3 years from now?

K Train
06-11-2010, 08:42 AM
i would say 4 exactly being the big 3 and baldwin, but ill go over cause one more will sneak in

everyone will regret passing on dez, hes looking like a man among boys and catching everything in site so far at cowboys mini camps

andyg1984
06-11-2010, 10:40 AM
i hate the cowboys, but i think they have a MUCH better shot next year to put it together and maybe rep the NFC

scudmissile29
06-11-2010, 04:17 PM
over/under 4 WR's taken in the 1st?

--- Added 6/11/2010 at 07:07 AM ---

is anyone getting the feeling we will regret not drafting dez bryant 3 years from now?

no because mike wallace will be better than dez bryant and emmanuel sanders is going to be solid...

... besides pouncey was a good pick, i hated it but if earl thomas had been gone it had to be pouncey.... i will get kinda pissed if we drafted his twin, it's a nice story but i still think we need a solid ballhawking FS in next years draft.

K Train
06-11-2010, 04:32 PM
mike wallace will not be better than bryant...lets be serious, bryant is a freak

scudmissile29
06-11-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm gonna have to see Bryant first.

Michael Vick also looked like a future hall of famer in practises in his rookie practises.

But yeah Bryant will be good but i think we really needed pouncey or a o-linemen lol.

i hated the pick but in the long run it will be a very good pick i hope and i bet

andyg1984
06-11-2010, 08:40 PM
bryant = the best WR prospect since Calvin Johnson , not better than megatron, but WAAAAYYY better than crabtree, desean as a prospect

bryant makes me want to own romo in fantasy w/ all the skill players they have

scudmissile29
06-12-2010, 04:59 AM
Charles Rodgers was also a very good prospect coming out for the Lions. Im just saying.

andyg1984
06-12-2010, 07:58 AM
dez is easily better imo for one and rodgers career was ruined by those two injuries early in his career and personal issues, plus most of those ridiculous dez bryant highlights you see are when he was 19 and he looked like a freaking beast

scudmissile29
06-12-2010, 12:59 PM
yeah when he's 19.

Steve Slaton also looked like a beast in college.

K Train
06-12-2010, 01:07 PM
steve slaton is a beast, the dude is 5-8

scudmissile29
06-12-2010, 02:27 PM
inconsistent though, had a bad bad year.

the 2008 running back class was so hyped and filled with talent.

half the rb's will be good and half the rb's will be bad.

good rb's

ray rice
jamaal charles
rashard mendenhall
chris johnson
tashard choice
felix jones
JONATHAN STEWART

bust/overhyped rb's

darren mcfadden
kevin smith
steve slaton
matt forte

K Train
06-12-2010, 03:08 PM

good rb's

ray rice
jamaal charles
rashard mendenhall
chris johnson
tashard choice
felix jones
JONATHAN STEWART

bust/overhyped rb's

darren mcfadden
kevin smith
steve slaton
matt forte
smith and slaton were both hurt last year but are good RBs, not specacular every down guys but good runners and forte was ruined cause they got cutler happy, he was beyond stud status as a rookie...but hes a bust to you? stewart hasnt even played that much more than any of the guys you call busts and was hurt just as much as all 4 of your busts

scudmissile29
06-12-2010, 04:09 PM
im not going to agree with you.

thats my list and that is it.

I wouldnt even put mendenhall with ray rice yet, he would be in the unproven tier yet.

andyg1984
06-12-2010, 09:11 PM

good rb's

ray rice
jamaal charles
rashard mendenhall
chris johnson
tashard choice
felix jones
JONATHAN STEWART

bust/overhyped rb's

darren mcfadden
kevin smith
steve slaton
matt forte

i might be a little biased , but smith is definitely not a bust nor is he overhyped .. he earned all the yardage he got his first two years in DET and you cannot knock a guy who plays as good all-around as him ..

his injury may set him back because he carried the ball so much in college, but he is a good football player for sure, but he probably needs to go somewhere other than DET eventhough they are on the rise ..

scudmissile29
06-13-2010, 08:42 AM
smiths time in detroit is over imo.... they drafted best to become the future running back

K Train
06-13-2010, 12:22 PM
its his 3rd year...smith and best will be a good duo, best isnt an every down guy

scudmissile29
06-13-2010, 01:04 PM
ray rice wont be an every down back after ryan clark dishes out punishment next year!!!.

I cant wait to see leon washington try run near taylor mays -- A must watch!!!

K Train
06-13-2010, 01:15 PM
rice has alot of miles on him already, he'll get burnt out if they keep using him like this...he wasa work horse at rutgers and hes 60% of baltimores offense