PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger Sex Assault Investigation DVDs To Be Released

SteelJunkie
06-08-2010, 04:40 PM
WTF seriously why can't they just drop it. I can't believe any news group with any integrity would show this. How can he move on when Georgia still isn't done throwing him under a bus.

PITTSBURGH -- Channel 11 News reporter Rick Earle is in Georgia, where on Wednesday at 10 a.m. agents will release more than 50 DVDs containing audio and videotaped interviews and photographs from the prior investigation into allegations that Ben Roethlisberger sexually assaulted a 20-year-old college student.

On the DVDs are photos from inside the Capital City Club in Milledgeville, where the woman told police she was sexually assaulted by the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback, Earle said.

Police made an audio recording of the accuser’s first interview and videotaped her second interview. WPXI plans to air both interviews, along with the questionings of other college students who were with the accuser, as well as those who were in Roethlisberger's group.

Those interviews include fellow Steelers player Willie Colon and one of Roethlisberger's body guards, Pennsylvania State Police Trooper Ed Joyner.

The district attorney ruled there wasn't enough evidence to file criminal charges against Roethlisberger and closed the case, but under Georgia law, investigators are required to release evidence gathered in the case.

Despite no charges being filed against the two-time Super Bowl champion, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell suspended him for six games and ordered him to undergo mental evaluations by doctors.

Doctors have since cleared Roethlisberger to return to practice, which he did last week. In his first comments since being suspended, Roethlisberger said he's ready to make major changes to a lifestyle that cast him as an example of bad behavior by privileged pro athletes with a sense of entitlement.

"I've spent a lot of time evaluating and looking at my life both on and off the field," Roethlisberger said during brief remarks following a Steelers voluntary practice. "I think this is a time for me to kind of close the chapter of the last couple of years of my life and move on to a new one, kind of a new start. I'm kind of really excited about it."

http://www.wpxi.com/news/23832569/detail.html

V_83
06-08-2010, 04:57 PM
but under Georgia law, investigators are required to release evidence gathered in the case.

My guess is this. I'm not sure they really have any other choice.

75Steeler
06-08-2010, 06:34 PM
This is like a bad headache that won't go away. C'mon Tiger relapse and screw a waffle house waitress.....please! The media needs to let this die out and give Ben an opportunity to put this behind him.

Bucsfan4ever
06-08-2010, 08:17 PM
There was not enuf evidence to file criminal charges but yet they come out with this!

Even I, as a Bucs fan, think this is just ridiculous...media sensationalism!

LatrobePA
06-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Yaaaaaaaaa hooooooooooo f'n dick sack!

JensK
06-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Ehm, it would probably cause even more problems if they did not release it. They have to according the Georgia law, and if they didnt, the media would be pretty quick to jump to conclusions about Ben paying off a few people... It does not matter really. This is material they used to rule him not guilty. It shouldnt be harmful

lloydfan4life
06-09-2010, 08:33 AM
:duh: all this is going to do is bring a whole lot of self-proclaimed investigators, detectives, lawyers and prosecutors out of the woodwork. ( you know... the kind who stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. )

Enough already.... move on. :evilshake:

BlitzburghRockCity
06-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Exactly, it's all total crap and nobody cares anymore..move on, get over it, he's back with the team, he's gonna play this year, and his suspension will be dropped to 4 games at some point before the season. Get over it already...

LarryNJ
06-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Ehm, it would probably cause even more problems if they did not release it. They have to according the Georgia law, and if they didnt, the media would be pretty quick to jump to conclusions about Ben paying off a few people..

Good point!

Most of us may want this to be all behinds us, but the fact remains that people love to hear and see this kind of stuff. That's what makes all those papers and magazines like US, People, National Enquirer etc. so popular and such big money makers. For whatever the reason people do care and will watch. Channel 11 won't be the only one running the story. I'm sure the videos will be posted everywhere. I'll surely watch them. We'll see if that changes my opinion.

Blazedby92
06-09-2010, 03:22 PM
It's funny how they release them when it has already died down and he just got back with the team. Of course the news is just a bunch of :stirpot:

LarryNJ
06-09-2010, 03:59 PM
For those of you who may be interested in seeing the videos. ;)

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10160/1063840-66.stm

LatrobePA
06-09-2010, 04:22 PM
No thanks, I'd rather watch a pitbull rip my nuts off!!

LarryNJ
06-09-2010, 04:30 PM
:eek1: Ouch!!!

LatrobePA
06-09-2010, 05:17 PM
:eek1: Ouch!!!

LOL, that's what I think of all this crap...hahahaha

mos07
06-09-2010, 06:05 PM
That is the first time I saw that video, and I must say I was not impressed with her, Ben or the entire ordeal.

First, and foremost, Ben should have never, never put himself in that spot. NEVER!!

But for that woman to say things like (and I am paraphrasing) we knew of his reputation and we should report this b/c he has probably gotten away with this alot before is a little disturbing considering I believe she knew little to zero about him........

When he does things like he did that night, he is going to have people saying things like that about him. He is going to be guilty til proven innocent - Ben, you have no bigger fan than me - please, do not put yourself in these situations again.

Go Steelers.

mos07

MattyVfromCT
06-09-2010, 06:05 PM
:deadhorse: seriously. enough is enough. :banging::banging::banging::banging:

Dobre Shunka
06-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Just Beat It, Beat It, :deadhorse:
No One Wants To Be Defeated
Showin' How Funky Strong Is Your Fight
It Doesn't Matter Who's Wrong Or Right

Just Beat It, Beat It
Just Beat It, Beat It
:deadhorse:

Just Beat It, :deadhorse:

LarryNJ
06-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I don't think it's beating a dead horse. These videos let you see some of what the investigators were dealing with. The Sgt. Blash interview is comical. It's hard to believe this guy is a cop. He reminds me of Marion Barry when he was mayor of DC.

75Steeler
06-09-2010, 08:59 PM
I watched the one video of the accuser being interviewed by police. What a **** poor job by investigators. If you watch closely the detective is sitting there with his arms crossed not even taking notes. I know it is recorded but he is still supposed to take notes. Then she remembers everything up till the time he actually penetrated her? What a load of crap that is. Then she doesn't even remember what position she was in. After the fact she starts remembering stuff again.

The entire investigation is weak starting with a weak victim and weak investigators. No one secured the "crime scene" and they allowed the club to clean it up with bleach afterwards. Ben got off cause of a really weak case all the way around. If he did anything illegal at all. He is guilty of nothing but poor judgement and for that we will suffer without our multi million dollar QB for up to 6 games. I just wish this entire thing would be put to rest once and for all.