PDA

View Full Version : Ben finally talks to reporters...

ejsteeler
06-03-2010, 12:51 PM
doesn't say much though, but it's good to get him back into things.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10154/1062936-100.stm

I did like the way he said "you know what you are going to get in football"...
You can listen to it on the PG page and it sounded to me like he was saying "look out folks, I'm going to have a record year!"

Ibleedblk&gld
06-03-2010, 01:05 PM
actions speak louder than words

JensK
06-03-2010, 01:13 PM
actions speak louder than words

I wish i had a dollar for every time someones been writing that...

Ibleedblk&gld
06-03-2010, 01:15 PM
I wish i had a dollar for every time someones been writing that...

it's going to keep being said until he proves it...didn't he say something along these lines after the first accusation?

ejsteeler
06-03-2010, 01:17 PM
it's going to keep being said until he proves it...didn't he say something along these lines after the first accusation?

couldn't tell ya...I don't hold on to things that long. But you're obviously right, his actions will need to match.

Dobre Shunka
06-03-2010, 02:34 PM
The other thing they like to say, like all the frick'n time:
"Where there is smoke there is fire." wooooo profound! whoa :bonk:

Thought he hit all the right points. It was short and to the point. Now let's play ball.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-03-2010, 03:44 PM
It's a step in the right direction, this is the first we've heard from Ben since this whole thing went down. Really the first we've heard from him at all since that statement he made in the locker room back when.

I'm glad to see him taking a positive approach to it all and doing all he can to make the changes that are necessary for him to move on to this new chapter in his life as he referred to it as.

I'm excited to see him come out this year and play well and watch all the Steeler fans who disowned him before, cheer and wave their towels again! :cope: Everybody deserves a second chance, Ben is taking full advantage of his so far. If this is any indication of his mindset then he's definitely on the right track.

scudmissile29
06-03-2010, 03:57 PM
did he have a written statement for this lolololol.

go dixon

75Steeler
06-03-2010, 05:51 PM
:deadhorse: :+1:

NorCalSteel
06-03-2010, 06:52 PM
It's a step in the right direction, this is the first we've heard from Ben since this whole thing went down. Really the first we've heard from him at all since that statement he made in the locker room back when.

I'm glad to see him taking a positive approach to it all and doing all he can to make the changes that are necessary for him to move on to this new chapter in his life as he referred to it as.

I'm excited to see him come out this year and play well and watch all the Steeler fans who disowned him before, cheer and wave their towels again! :cope: Everybody deserves a second chance, Ben is taking full advantage of his so far. If this is any indication of his mindset then he's definitely on the right track.

I think alot more people were disapointed and surprised then actualy disowned him. Come on we may have high expectations but we are not stupid lol.(besides I am not one of the people who disowned him)

Ibleedblk&gld
06-03-2010, 06:59 PM
i haven't disowned him either...but i'm on the fence, as he's been stupid before and made a statement...when it happened again, it started to sway my decision...so to me, his words mean nothing until he can prove that he can stay out of trouble and focus on football...so if he can make it through this season w/o being stupid again, then i'll know he's back and focused

nuclearchihuahuas
06-04-2010, 05:51 PM
i haven't disowned him either...but i'm on the fence, as he's been stupid before and made a statement...when it happened again, it started to sway my decision...so to me, his words mean nothing until he can prove that he can stay out of trouble and focus on football...so if he can make it through this season w/o being stupid again, then i'll know he's back and focused

I buy that...but I would add w/o being stupid during the next offseason as well.

steelers4life66
06-04-2010, 07:30 PM
I think alot more people were disapointed and surprised then actualy disowned him. Come on we may have high expectations but we are not stupid lol.(besides I am not one of the people who disowned him)

Disowned was the proper word. A lot of people have disowned us since this happen. Everthing that has happened over the off season has shaken steeler nation to it's core and exposed what almost could be called bandwagoner fans.

--- Added 6/4/2010 at 06:30 PM ---

Did you guys catch the comments made by Tim on NFL live? Sounds like he's still mad cuz of his big brother getting beat in SB 40. :lol:

nuclearchihuahuas
06-04-2010, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=steelers4life66;349408]Disowned was the proper word. A lot of people have disowned us since this happen. Everthing that has happened over the off season has shaken steeler nation to it's core and exposed what almost could be called bandwagoner fans.]

I'm sure we will find out who the real fans are when the season starts but I think the reaction will be more like finding out your kid came home from school with head lice. You freak out momentarily and the you do what is necessary to deal with it--no matter how gross it is -- and then you move on. Right now, we freaked out and are dealing with it through these discussion boards, hopefully when the season starts we can all move on. :tt02:

steelers4life66
06-04-2010, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=steelers4life66;349408]Disowned was the proper word. A lot of people have disowned us since this happen. Everthing that has happened over the off season has shaken steeler nation to it's core and exposed what almost could be called bandwagoner fans.

I'm sure we will find out who the real fans are when the season starts but I think the reaction will be more like finding out your kid came home from school with head lice. You freak out momentarily and the you do what is necessary to deal with it--no matter how gross it is -- and then you move on. Right now, we freaked out and are dealing with it through these discussion boards, hopefully when the season starts we can all move on. :tt02:

:yellowthumb:

coldrolled
06-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Charged.....

Falcons OT Quinn Ojinnaka Suspended One Game
FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer reports that Atlanta Falcons offensive tackle Quinn Ojinnaka has been suspended one game by the National Football League for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

Ojinnaka was arrested and charged with simple battery last May after he was involved in a domestic dispute with his wife over a female friend on his Facebook account.

No word on what ruling, if any, the courts made in the matter, but the suspension by the National Football League is a clear indicator that the legal process is complete.

MattyVfromCT
06-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Did you guys catch the comments made by Tim on NFL live? Sounds like he's still mad cuz of his big brother getting beat in SB 40. :lol:

no what did he say? and yes you're right, he is still butthurt because his poor big brother got "robbed" of a super bowl ring. please. btw dude, i'm almost done with that response vid to gbntly7's lame vid about our "stolen" lombardis. added in plenty of clips of seattle's screwups and penalties arizona committed but weren't penalized for. i had been planning on doing something like this for a while because of all the typer trolls spamming my channel and videos but yott and basement gangsta finally got me to do it. these fools are gonna need to stock up on kleenex and tampons when i'm done with em.

coldrolled
06-05-2010, 06:46 PM
no one charged... 6 weeks right?????

Six Packers Interviewed in Sexual Assault Case Identified
Jane Burns of the Wisconsin State Journal has identified the six members of the Green Bay Packers who were interviewed and released by Lake Delton (WI) police during their investigation into an alleged sexual assault a rental condo at Wilderness Resort Golf Cabins.

According to Burns, those interviewed and released were quarterback Matt Flynn, guard Josh Sitton, fullback Korey Hall, linebackers Brad Jones and Clay Matthews and safety Khalil Jones.

Matthews hosted a charity golf tournament in the area on Friday.

The seventh member of the Packers, who has been interviewed and released pending further investigation, was not identified.

Other Packers who were advertised participants in the golf tournament include offensive linemen Clifton, Mark Tauscher, and Daryn Colledge, kicker Mason Crosby, running back Brandon Jackson, fullback Kregg Lumpkin, and cornerback Brandon Underwood.

It is unknown if these players actually participated in the event, and the player still under investigation may not have had any involvement in the charity golf tournament.

Posted by Brian McIntyre at 5:21 PM 0 comments
Links to this post
Police Interviewing Several Packers in Sexual Assault Investigation
Police in Lake Delton, Wisconsin have interviewed seven members of the Green Bay Packers as part of an investigation into a sexual assault allegation, Sharif Durhams of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports.

Two women called 911 early Saturday morning, and said they were sexually assaulted at a condo that seven member of Packers were staying at the Wilderness Resort Golf Cabins.

As Aaron Nagler of Cheesehead.TV points out, Lake Delton is near Wisconsin Dells, where Packers linebacker Clay Matthews hosted a charity golf tournament on Friday.

According to police, six of the players have been interviewed and released, and they do not believe those players were involved in the assault. A seventh player has also been interviewed and released, but is still under investigation.

coldrolled
06-08-2010, 07:19 AM
one charged..... says he did it... 6 weeks right?

Lake Delton Sexual Assault Case Heads to DA's Office on Tuesday
Lake Delton Police Department investigators are expected to turn over their investigation of a sexual assault allegation against Green Bay Packers cornerback Brandon Underwood to the district attorney's office on Tuesday, Don Walker of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports.

A decision on whether or not to press charges could be determined by Friday, Lake Delton Police Chief Tom Dorner tells the Journal-Sentinel.

Underwood was one of seven Packers staying at the Wilderness Resort Golf Cabins in Lake Delton after participating in a charity golf tournament hosted by Packers linebacker Clay Matthews in nearby Wisconsin Dells.

Two Milwaukee area women, ages 31 and 33, met the group of Packers at a local bar and returned to the condo. The women called 911 early Saturday morning, alleging that they had been sexually assaulted. All seven players were interviewed and released, with Underwood admitting to sexual contact with the women, which he claims was consensual.

steelers4life66
06-08-2010, 07:27 AM
one charged..... says he did it... 6 weeks right?

Lake Delton Sexual Assault Case Heads to DA's Office on Tuesday
Lake Delton Police Department investigators are expected to turn over their investigation of a sexual assault allegation against Green Bay Packers cornerback Brandon Underwood to the district attorney's office on Tuesday, Don Walker of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports.

A decision on whether or not to press charges could be determined by Friday, Lake Delton Police Chief Tom Dorner tells the Journal-Sentinel.

Underwood was one of seven Packers staying at the Wilderness Resort Golf Cabins in Lake Delton after participating in a charity golf tournament hosted by Packers linebacker Clay Matthews in nearby Wisconsin Dells.

Two Milwaukee area women, ages 31 and 33, met the group of Packers at a local bar and returned to the condo. The women called 911 early Saturday morning, alleging that they had been sexually assaulted. All seven players were interviewed and released, with Underwood admitting to sexual contact with the women, which he claims was consensual.
I expect to see a lot more of this thanks in part to the media being ratings whores. A dude a Bleacher reports did a article on this very thing........ The flood gates are officially open.

coldrolled
06-08-2010, 01:20 PM
try this - conduct policy, this was a strip bar... ben was in a normal drinkin hole....

The women were examined at different hospitals by nurses trained in gathering sexual assault evidence, Dorner said. He said he did not know the results. No weapons or restraints were used in the alleged assault, and investigators found no evidence of any drugs, including date rape drugs.

Police said all the Packers were drinking alcohol, but it was not clear if the women had been drinking.

"I suspect most everybody was probably consuming alcohol to some degree. To what degree, I don't think there was anyone who was passed out or totally inebriated," he said.

The women met several players at a Wisconsin Dells strip club, Dorner said. He said the women were patrons, not club employees. They drove back to the players' condo while at least some players took a shuttle bus from the club to the resort.

The women left the condo after the alleged assaults and contacted police from a nearby residence, Dorner said.

The NFL and the Packers are closely watching the case, which follows an offseason sexual assault investigation involving one of the league's stars, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Prosecutors did not charge Roethlisberger in that case, but the league suspended him for six games on April 21 for violating its personal conduct policy.

coldrolled
06-10-2010, 10:17 AM
still should get a 6 week suspension...... its getting interesting...

Packers CB Brandon Underwood Paid Money to Women
Rob Demovsky of the Green Bay Press-Gazette reports that Lake Delton police have confirmed that money was exchanged between Green Bay Packers cornerback Brandon Underwood and the two women who have accused him of sexual assault.

According to a press release from Lake Delton Chief of Police Tom Dorner, "money was exchanged between the alleged suspect and the alleged victims before the alleged assault."

The district attorney is expected to receive the case today, and a decision on charges could be made by next week, Demovksy adds.

Underwood could potentially be charged with two counts of soliciting a prostitute.

Underwood apologized to his teammates, particularly the six who were interviewed by police as part of a sexual assault investigation, on Wednesday, and addressed the media.