PDA

View Full Version : Ben will be still be here next year yes or no

xxxsteelernation
06-03-2010, 06:32 AM
A lot of people that I talk to (not necessarily here) don't think that Ben is gonna be a steeler next year. (maybe if he wins the super bowl). yes or no answers and why you don't or do think he will be here

steelers4life66
06-03-2010, 07:04 AM
Unless Ben screws up again (which I think is highly unlikely) he's going no where. I don't have to tell you how hard it is to find a QB of Ben's caliber. Add to that the fact that they have in the neighborhood of 50 mil invested in him. Ben will retire a Steeler.:2cents:

coldrolled
06-03-2010, 09:41 AM
2014 then he gets his extension.

K Train
06-03-2010, 10:49 AM
he will be here, i dont think he'll put himself in another bad position and i expect he'll lead the steelers to a playoff push and tell everyone to **** off while doing it. reports of him working hard and trimming down and getting back to the elite athlete weve seen is only good news

coldrolled
06-03-2010, 11:37 AM
he will be here, i dont think he'll put himself in another bad position and i expect he'll lead the steelers to a playoff push and tell everyone to **** off while doing it. reports of him working hard and trimming down and getting back to the elite athlete weve seen is only good news

After arians is gone, then ben may not be in the concussion zone so often, he may last longer.. i think the concussions will be his downfall at this current rate of hits.
other than that he retires a steeler...

nuclearchihuahuas
06-03-2010, 01:25 PM
A lot of people that I talk to (not necessarily here) don't think that Ben is gonna be a steeler next year. (maybe if he wins the super bowl). yes or no answers and why you don't or do think he will be here

I believe it will truly depend upon 1. How well he does and 2. How well Lefty and Dixon perform. If Ben is average but performs well enough to gain quality points/value in the trade market, and Lefty or Dixon play way out of their heads then I believe they may strongly consider trading him. If he actually pulls out another SB or even deep into the playoffs, he stays.

ejsteeler
06-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Ben will be here for some time......:yesnod: :cope:

Gettysburgh_Steel
06-03-2010, 02:07 PM
I believe it will truly depend upon 1. How well he does and 2. How well Lefty and Dixon perform. If Ben is average but performs well enough to gain quality points/value in the trade market, and Lefty or Dixon play way out of their heads then I believe they may strongly consider trading him. If he actually pulls out another SB or even deep into the playoffs, he stays.

Are you really serious ? Ben controls how long he will be here . His own personal conduct will be the deciding factor on whether or not he even stays in the league or not . Nobody can let that man rest . GOD ! ! ! As long as Ben is out of any trip ups , he will be here as long as he wants too . I hate Ben threads any more .

haaaaaaaaaaah

strong D
06-03-2010, 02:23 PM
he is not going anywhere unless he screws up again

BlitzburghRockCity
06-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Of course he's going to be here, anybody who thinks he won't really needs to take a step back. I am so glad he is not the talk of the town anymore especially on Sirius. I stopped listening to Sirius NFL because I got sick of all the fans ragging him, dragging him through the mud, and otherwise giving up on him. Now that most of that has past I am planning on calling in again soon to through in my .02 of how I'm still supporting Ben.

Anyway though, back on topic, yes he will be here, Ben seems to have had his cage rattled enough now that he knows it's time to grow up in his personal life. I fully expect him to finish out his career with Pittsburgh and I expect great things from him!

Dobre Shunka
06-03-2010, 03:07 PM
He'll be here. :duh:

coldrolled
06-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Of course he's going to be here, anybody who thinks he won't really needs to take a step back. I am so glad he is not the talk of the town anymore especially on Sirius. I stopped listening to Sirius NFL because I got sick of all the fans ragging him, dragging him through the mud, and otherwise giving up on him. Now that most of that has past I am planning on calling in again soon to through in my .02 of how I'm still supporting Ben.

Anyway though, back on topic, yes he will be here, Ben seems to have had his cage rattled enough now that he knows it's time to grow up in his personal life. I fully expect him to finish out his career with Pittsburgh and I expect great things from him!

ben said that himself about growing up on nfl.com this afternoon. so he will be fine. we still need to sign a free agent (big one) to send the news in a different direction. Saftey and WR still available...

TO would do the best job at sucking the news towards himself and away from Ben.

ejsteeler
06-03-2010, 03:18 PM
I'd be surprised if any other FA's were to get signed. We need to do it with what we have. Unless of course there is another injury.

LatrobePA
06-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Nope he's gone! Byron will take this team to a perfect season and SB#7...Oh yea and my wee wee will grow 14 inches overnight!

Gettysburgh_Steel
06-03-2010, 08:43 PM
I was one of the ones that were pissed off at Ben , for the shame . I never said get rid of him , i did say if we did , i would understand why . This whole drama needs to come to a close . I think it is , but just not fast enough . T.O. might be able to take that "whats Ben doin now factor " away . Sounds like Butler might be able to take some of that away too . But thats another thread i guess . Crezden seems awesome .

Big T
06-04-2010, 12:58 AM
He's not going anywhere...

Stlrs4Life
06-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Ben will still be here next year as long as he straightens up, and doesn't do anymore stupid stuff. To think otherwise is pretty stupid.

nuclearchihuahuas
06-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Are you really serious ? Ben controls how long he will be here . His own personal conduct will be the deciding factor on whether or not he even stays in the league or not . Nobody can let that man rest . GOD ! ! ! As long as Ben is out of any trip ups , he will be here as long as he wants too . I hate Ben threads any more .

haaaaaaaaaaah

I guess I am not seeing the difficulty with my premise. Of course his personal conduct is the biggest factor--I can see Al Davis praying right now that he misbehaves again. I believe that if he plays reasonably well (thereby increasing his value in the market) and doesn't maintain the "behavioral changes" he's promised that the Steelers will trade him--especially if Dixon turns into a superstar. I am just looking at the situation logically--no finger pointing etc. Hey, I hope he does fabulously well on the field and behaves like a saint off the field. :tt02:

steelers4life66
06-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Nope he's gone! Byron will take this team to a perfect season and SB#7...Oh yea and my wee wee will grow 14 inches overnight!

:lol: