andyg1984
06-02-2010, 07:09 PM
hell yes!

scudmissile29
06-03-2010, 11:27 AM
thas what im talking about he can play some ball

K Train
06-03-2010, 12:03 PM
all the UNC guys are a little overrated. a full roster of overhyped athletes imo

scudmissile29
06-03-2010, 02:20 PM
I don't think he's overrated, he would fit our defense better than earl thomas imo

K Train
06-03-2010, 02:32 PM
earl thomas is SOOOOO much better than williams, earl thomas is probably the 4th best FS prospect ive ever seen behind berry, taylor and landry

scudmissile29
06-03-2010, 03:31 PM
yeah but earl is gonna have problems stopping people like vontae davis and frank gore in the run pass game because of his size. steven jackson as well, maybe beanie wells and what happens in jump ball situations with fitzgerald (although they wont be on the same side of the field most plays)

but then again look at bob sanders....

... im like rahim moore and deandre mcdaniels as well, a great safety class.

K Train
06-03-2010, 04:21 PM
i like moore.

vontae davis is a CB, if you mean vernon hes not supposed to cover those kinds of TEs, thats the only reason we drafted troy to cover guys like him and gates. earl is a ball hawk and plays some physical football in the secondary despite his size.

andyg1984
06-03-2010, 06:52 PM
i like earl thomas, but he is not equipped to deal with a healthy Steven Jackson and i don't think he could deal with Beanie, but he is better against the pass and that is what matters ..

williams can play for SURE though and has a higher ceiling than a bunch of the FS drafted within plus or minus two years no doubt

scudmissile29
06-04-2010, 11:33 AM
i like moore.

vontae davis is a CB, if you mean vernon hes not supposed to cover those kinds of TEs, thats the only reason we drafted troy to cover guys like him and gates. earl is a ball hawk and plays some physical football in the secondary despite his size.

i love moore.

yeah i meant vernon, if earl has to cover davis there is going to be some matchup problems, i hope he does well in seattle and doesnt go to waste. troy is something of a physical freak in terms of tackling, apart from bob sanders and him there isnt as many small guys (under 6 foot) that can destroy people like they do.

good luck earl.

im hoping we can really go safety this daft, i wouldnt cry if we didnt since im not attatched to anyone this year like earl last year but we shall see, im looking at deandre mcdaniel, rahim moore and deunta as future guys for our position.

K Train
06-04-2010, 01:21 PM
earl thomas is a bullet though, not so much in the run game like berry or taylor (was) but in the pass game hes alot like berry, reed, delmas in that hes a missile for such a little guy

scudmissile29
06-04-2010, 03:15 PM
i think earl is going to get trampeled on by steven jackson but only time will tell, one thing for sure is that the hawks might regreat not taking homeboy mays

andyg1984
06-05-2010, 10:33 PM
i have always wondered what sort of stats jackson could put up now if he was on a good team like Dallas, NYJ or BAL that likes to run cuz he is such a beast ..

everyone had their concerns about mays, but where the 49ers got him and the fact that they mixed it with two "safe" picks in the 1st is sort of interesting .. i am interested to see how singletary works him in, it is not as if they are in an elite passing division lol ..

scudmissile29
06-06-2010, 01:24 PM
mays will devour leon washington in the run game lololl.

stephen jackson imo is the best running back, hes so good but on such a bad bad team