PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Santonio Stuff???

SteelDad
05-13-2010, 11:13 AM
While everyone has been selling off their BR possessions, I'm stuck with numerous Santonio Holmes cards, Starting Line-up figures and photos. Should I sell this stuff or hang onto it? I'm really torn on this one.

Thanks.

scudmissile29
05-13-2010, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't be suprised to see him return back to us next season.

LOL use the Jets to get mcfadden back for free that would be awesome

Blazedby92
05-13-2010, 12:37 PM
While everyone has been selling off their BR possessions, I'm stuck with numerous Santonio Holmes cards, Starting Line-up figures and photos. Should I sell this stuff or hang onto it? I'm really torn on this one.

Thanks.

Oh Crap What did you do go out and get a bunch of his stuff after you seen him catch that SB winner.

greg1964
05-13-2010, 01:03 PM
I did have a lot of S.H. stuff: but what I did have hit the trash can

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2010, 01:21 PM
I still don't get while people are trying to unload their Roethlisberger gear, pictures, etc. These are the same people that will be cheering for him in October as he's tossing touchdowns and we're winning games and they'll be going back out and buying the same stuff all over again... don't even get me started on it :cursin:

Anyways, as far as the Holmes stuff, I say why not keep it? I have my Holmes SB XLIII picture that I have no intentions on getting rid of and a few other Holmes type knick knacks. He was a Steeler and a big part of our success while he was here. Just because he left, doesn't mean people have to get rid of their stuff.

Hell I still wear my Gildon jersey all the time, I had a Foster jersey I wore for a long time too, same with Lloyd, Woodson, Lake, and tons of other former Steelers that went to other teams after leaving the Steelers.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2010, 01:24 PM
I still have my Bubby Brister startling lineup figure...enough said....lol

Ironman
05-13-2010, 02:38 PM
No need to sell it, not unless you have something personal against him or something.. I myself own a Santonio Holmes Super Bowl XLIII jersey (black and gold)- no sleeves just like Holmes; I have absolutely no intention of ever getting rid of it.

I can understand selling off your Ben gear on moral grounds, but to be honest if your a collector of any sort it's simply not worth it.

And TopGun, over and over again you've emphasized how the "same" fans that boo Ben and sell off his gear now, are the same fans who will be cheering for him once he's throwing TD's again.

I completely disagree, obviously I can only speak for myself, but I've decided never to root for that dirt bag ever again. Winning a Superbowl wouldn't change my mind or opinion of him as a person whatsoever. I still think he is one hella of athlete, but that has nothing to do with what I think of him as a human-being. I'll probably be cheering, but with no regards for Ben.

It's really going to be awkward, I mean, what happens if he runs one in to win the game? It's going to be extremely hard and weird, but I'll have to restrain my joy somehow..

SteelDad
05-13-2010, 02:47 PM
I appreciate the input guys. In reference to my Ben stuff, that isn't going anywhere. As TopGun mentioned, I don't think he's going anywhere for awhile either and I have an entire wall of all his stuff.

The only SH stuff I picked up after the super bowl were some cards and that's it. Other stuff I had before. We are so used to our guys being with us either their entire careers or the bulk of their careers at the very least. Seeing one go so early in his career is a little odd.

ejsteeler
05-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Speaking for myself, I can guarantee that if Ben runs in, throws, or otherwise does anything awesome on the field, I will be cheering my head off!!!! :yesnod: :yellowthumb: :cope:

DanRooney
05-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Holmes will always have place in the heart of many Steeler fans. He was the hero of our last SB win. That last drive where he and Ben practically marched down the entire length of the field was legendary. Keep your stuff man.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2010, 03:35 PM
No need to sell it, not unless you have something personal against him or something.. I myself own a Santonio Holmes Super Bowl XLIII jersey (black and gold)- no sleeves just like Holmes; I have absolutely no intention of ever getting rid of it.

I can understand selling off your Ben gear on moral grounds, but to be honest if your a collector of any sort it's simply not worth it.

And TopGun, over and over again you've emphasized how the "same" fans that boo Ben and sell off his gear now, are the same fans who will be cheering for him once he's throwing TD's again.

I completely disagree, obviously I can only speak for myself, but I've decided never to root for that dirt bag ever again. Winning a Superbowl wouldn't change my mind or opinion of him as a person whatsoever. I still think he is one hella of athlete, but that has nothing to do with what I think of him as a human-being. I'll probably be cheering, but with no regards for Ben.

It's really going to be awkward, I mean, what happens if he runs one in to win the game? It's going to be extremely hard and weird, but I'll have to restrain my joy somehow..

I can respect your opinion and if you choose not too that's completely up too; I'm referring the legions of people that have called for his head but have since died down and have even said as much as they will still cheer on the field for him as an athlete but not as a person. To each their own I guess...but yeah overall no need to sell collectibles because they are always going to be worth something at some point.

No worries, didn't mean to derail the thread..my bad :lol: :bonk:

SteelerSal
05-13-2010, 04:36 PM
I still have my Bubby Brister startling lineup figure...enough said....lol

You to?? Same here. :lol:

Heck, I keep everything, Steelers....it's all about the history whether it's good or bad and it can't be changed.

LatrobePA
05-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Roll it up and smoke it as a tribute to Holmes! lol

mos07
05-13-2010, 05:19 PM
I am a card collector and have tons of Holmes autographs, etc.....I will keep the bobbleheads, jerseys - you really cannot sell those anyway.

I probably will unload alot of the Holmes cards - keep the few I like. For you card geeks - I have the Topps DPP rookie auto 1/50 and one of the box topper Turkey Red auto jersey cards - those I will keep unless someone comes along with a deal I cannot refuse which happens.

I like what Holmes did for us - how could you not?

To answer your question, keep the pieces you like - dump the ones you can live with out.

By the way - the way today's stars are acting off the field - buy pieces from the glory years - won't go up in value but they won't disappoint you either.

75Steeler
05-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Keep your Holmes stuff.....put it in a box and store it or leave it out on display. His leaving the team doesn't change the fact that he played for the Steelers and played well. I have a signed Willie Parker ball in a display case still on the shelf. You never know....Tone may be a Steeler again one day. I never thought that Randel El would return.

Dobre Shunka
05-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Keep it. You just never know.

As for the Big Ben jerseys, sell them to me.:grin1:

Blazedby92
05-13-2010, 10:26 PM

:nono::nono::nono:

SteelDad
05-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Keep it. You just never know.

As for the Big Ben jerseys, sell them to me.:grin1:

I appreciate the offer, but my BR jersey will continue to hang next to Heath and Hines!!

LarryNJ
05-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Are the an investment? If so I guess the best thing to do is keep them. I'd guess their value is pretty low now considering his suspension. If he goes on to have a great career no matter where he plays the value should rise. They shouldn't go down much more even if he decides to quit the game so he can do bong hits all day.

jnes1216
05-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Are the an investment? If so I guess the best thing to do is keep them. I'd guess their value is pretty low now considering his suspension. If he goes on to have a great career no matter where he plays the value should rise. They shouldn't go down much more even if he decides to quit the game so he can do bong hits all day.

and then advertise it on twitter..lol--idiot

you never know, he may open up a headshop with Ricky Williams.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

andyg1984
05-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Holmes will always have place in the heart of many Steeler fans. He was the hero of our last SB win. That last drive where he and Ben practically marched down the entire length of the field was legendary. Keep your stuff man.

exactly .. i am almost tempted to buy a SB jersey on the cheap and frame with a picture of the catch .. i have had a man crush on holmes since he played in the muck, so a lil blazin is not going to change my mind ..

strong D
05-14-2010, 07:22 PM
i try to keep all my stuff with the team or not its steelers history the only stuff i ever did away with was my neil odonnell stuff minutes after SB XXX i had a bonfire

scott0326
05-27-2010, 03:28 AM
I don't know if I'll wear it, but Ill be keeping my Santonio Holmes jersey, even though he messed up, I'll remember him positively due to his super bowl catch.

Blazedby92
05-27-2010, 11:20 AM
I would give it to me:grin1: because if your talking about getting rid of it apparrently it isn't worth anything to you.
I'm with Andy on this one ( a blunt ain't never hurt anyone)

MattyVfromCT
05-28-2010, 09:57 AM

Thanks.

starting lineup figures? i didnt even know they still make those lol. you need to upgrade to mcfarlane figures. http://www.spawn.com/toys/categorytype.aspx?categoryid=26 mcfarlane makes amazing sports figures that blow starting lineup out of the water AND THEN SOME AND THEN SOME.........

Dean Denton
05-29-2010, 03:59 AM
you can put it next to my Big Ben crap in the trash if you want......

86WARD
06-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Dude is a part of Steelers History and Legend. Why would you get rid of it? Unless you're a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately bandwagon fan. That's a silly question. What if you have gotten rid of all your Franco Harris stuff when he left to go to Seattle? Silly-ness.

Those getting rid of their Santonio and Big Ben stuff...send it my way...you're not real fans anyway...HUGE sign of a bandwagon fan...

scudmissile29
06-06-2010, 06:42 PM

exactly my view, hell i would laugh if ray lewis sacks ben and brakes his arm or something.

maybe then he cant pin the girl against the all as forcefully.

holmes was a legend to us, if i wanted him gone i would of shipped him in the draft to get e.t. but.....
... maybe we will get him back the jets are gonna have a hard time keeping all those players and their egos

Blazedby92
06-07-2010, 02:58 AM
Dude is a part of Steelers History and Legend. Why would you get rid of it? Unless you're a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately bandwagon fan. That's a silly question. What if you have gotten rid of all your Franco Harris stuff when he left to go to Seattle? Silly-ness.

Those getting rid of their Santonio and Big Ben stuff...send it my way...you're not real fans anyway...HUGE sign of a bandwagon fan...

:tt02::tt02::cope::cope::clap::clap::nono:

scudmissile29
06-07-2010, 06:23 AM

I was never a big ben fan.

i was always a defensive backs fan, i always liked the lesser known people like william gay, joe burnett more than the big name players like polamalu just my style.

DanRooney
06-07-2010, 08:00 PM
I was never a big ben fan.

i was always a defensive backs fan, i always liked the lesser known people like william gay, joe burnett more than the big name players like polamalu just my style.

Oh ok you like all of the Steelers players that will be without jobs in 2011 because of pisspoor play. Gotcha.

scudmissile29
06-08-2010, 04:42 AM
Oh ok you like all of the Steelers players that will be without jobs in 2011 because of pisspoor play. Gotcha.

shut it.

id rather support some guys that follow and thank me on twitter and stuff like that who arn't so well known than the guys that will reject you after massive ****ing bombardments of tweets.

besides i like who i like....

... so go drink some poison.

Hburg
06-10-2010, 03:13 PM
I got a Black n' Gold Super Bowl XLIII Holmes jersey. I don't know what to do with it now. It's fine hanging in the closet until I figure out what to do with it. At least I have two Bettis jerseys to wear in the meantime.

BuFu

Steeler
06-11-2010, 11:57 AM
How did we lose him anyway

ejsteeler
06-11-2010, 12:17 PM
traded him for a 5th rd pick

Blazedby92
06-15-2010, 08:55 AM
I got a Black n' Gold Super Bowl XLIII Holmes jersey. I don't know what to do with it now. It's fine hanging in the closet until I figure out what to do with it. At least I have two Bettis jerseys to wear in the meantime.

BuFu

He was a Steeler and will always be remembered as a Steeler so if you want to and everyone else I will send you my address and you can send the stuff to me, I have a Steeler room crying for more memrobilia, I will make a corner just for his stuff with a sign that says THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES TONE, AND THANKS TO ALL THE FAIR WEATHER FANS THAT DONATED IN YOUR NAME!!!

airbrake 1
06-27-2010, 09:57 PM
i'll second that if you want to throw away any steeler stuff you can send it to me i'll pay the shipping...and for you folks who cannot support ben don't support the steelers at all he's a menber of the team wether you like it or not plus he didn't do anything wrong but act like a young fool, the browns and ravens fan clubs are waiting for some fair weather fans get going now and don't come back