PDA

View Full Version : Member spotlight: yinzer

steelersgal86
05-13-2010, 08:48 AM
Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:
Yinzer

How long have you been a Steeler fan? All my life. I was born, raised, and still live in Pittsburgh.

What made you become a fan of the Steelers? Genetics! Growing up around family and friends who loved the Black and Gold solidified my love for the organization.

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster? Although, I'm often tough on the guy, I'd have to say Big Ben. The guy is amazing!

Why are they your favorite player? He oozes Pittsburgh in every aspect of his play. Plus, he took a buick to the mellon so that has to count for something.

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past? Lambert.

What is your favorite Steelers memory? Being on the field prior to the AFCCG in 2004.

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football? If I had to choose, I would say MMA.

How did you find Steeler Addicts? I actually overheard somebody talking about SA in Gint Iggle!

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences? The best damn forum on the planet. Bar none.

What do you do for a living? Doctor.

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you? I used to be a competitive body-builder.

What is one thing that everybody knows you for? My love for the Black and Gold!

What kind of car or truck do you drive? Just got a 2009 AUDI Q7.

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? Spend more time with my wife. Work makes that hard.

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA? Weight training, burst training, and research.

Favorite TV show(s)? Used to be Nip/Tuck but it got boring after the 4th season. Somehow, someway, (I blame my wife) I got hooked on American Idol last year.

Favorite gaming console(s) and video game(s)? I don't play anymore. When I was in school, every weekend, we'd have a HALO festival.

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on? My mother, sister, brother-in-law, and step-father refuse to watch the games with me. They can't handle the heat. My wife just puts up with me. However, she now bleeds Black and Gold. (She's not from the Burgh)

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do? Oh boy, here we go...Get up at 6 a.m, weight and burst train, shower, eat breakfast, throw on my home or away Ben jersey, Steeler socks, wrist bands, Big Ben T underneath jersey, Steeler warm-up pants, "I BLEED BLACK AND GOLD" bracelet, and throw the terrible towel over my RIGHT shoulder.

Your favorite gametime food & beverage? Normally, I don't eat until halftime. I don't have anything specific to eat during the games. I usually have some finger foods. If it's a special deal like the AFCCG or Super Bowl, we'll splurge. Ocassionally, my wife and I will get the best pizza in Pittsburgh at Beto's!

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime? 27

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field? I'd have to say Heinz Field. I'm only 32 so all of my most recent and fondest memories are from there. Three Rivers was louder though.

Immaculate Reception, "The Tackle", or "Immaculate Drive"? The Immaculate Drive for sure! Gives me goose bumps just thinking about it!

When do you think the Steelers will win #7? 2009-2010 BABY!!

What do you think it will take for them to get back to the Super Bowl? Keeping Ben healthy, the D staying amazing, O-line revamping, and somebody to give Bruce Arians a lobotomy. LOL

Scorp
05-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Nice read. I'll help you give BA that lobotomy. We can use my chain saw. LOL.

75Steeler
05-13-2010, 08:05 PM
What kind of medicine do you practice Yinzer? I don't want to show up at your office for a surgery the day after a Steelers loss! :lol:

ejsteeler
05-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. :yellowthumb: