PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Season Info Please

SteelDad
05-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Hey All,

Family and I might be coming through the 'burgh around the time of the Lions pre-season game in August. When do these tix usually go on sale and any advice for coming to a pre-season game vs. the regular season?

Much appreciated.

Ibleedblk&gld
05-11-2010, 07:35 PM
tickets are on sale right now...go buy them!

never been to a pre-season game, but nothing beats a regular season/playoff game at heinz field...i'm buying tickets to the steelers/ravens Oct. 3rd game

BlitzburghRockCity
05-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Tickets aren't on sale yet that I know of. Ive been watching and I haven't seen any notifications of them going on sale. They do usually go on sale mid-late May.

As far as going to a preseason vs a regular season game, obviously the regular season games are more enticing if you can make it to one because they count. Preseason games are still fun though, you get to see the new draft picks get a lot of playing time and the backups that don't get as many reps are in there.

The atmosphere is still a lot of fun at a preseason game if you ask me, if you can get to one then I say go for it and have fun! Parking is a biatch now matter what game you go to, most lots charge about 25.00 to park if you want to be anywhere close to the stadium. You'll want to get there early because traffic on 376 heading into Pittsburgh on game day is horrendous.

Ibleedblk&gld
05-12-2010, 01:07 PM
ticketmaster has tickets available...they've had them available for about 2 weeks now

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/NFL/pittsburgh-steelers-tickets/

HUNT4SEVEN
05-12-2010, 10:16 PM
I've been to both pre season is ok if it's your first time going to a game, but when i went to a regular season game it was unbelievable...:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Then something is weird because Steeler tickets always sell out within minutes of the first day going on sale. Are we sure these aren't just ticket vendors selling tickets ahead of time? I always get an email from the Steelers and an alert from TicketMaster when they go on sale.

I can't believe there are that many available after 2 weeks of being on sale.

ejsteeler
05-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Just got tix for the home game against the Pats!!!! Yeah baby, can't wait. Come on November.....nothing like a week in the 'Burgh in November.....:cope:

NOVA STEELERS
05-16-2010, 09:02 PM
ticketmaster has tickets available...they've had them available for about 2 weeks now

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/NFL/pittsburgh-steelers-tickets/

That is the Ticketexhange, season ticket holders who want to re-sell their tickets, you are playing more then face value. As you can see it says "resellers price"

Ibleedblk&gld
05-17-2010, 05:23 AM
pretty much the same as getting them straight from ticketmaster, no?

the tickets i bought last year, came out to like $150/ticket, and when i got them, face value was $60...i figured some of the increase was tax/delivery/etc, but isn't ticketmaster mainly ppl selling their tickets?

NOVA STEELERS
05-17-2010, 03:36 PM
pretty much the same as getting them straight from ticketmaster, no?

the tickets i bought last year, came out to like $150/ticket, and when i got them, face value was $60...i figured some of the increase was tax/delivery/etc, but isn't ticketmaster mainly ppl selling their tickets?

No, Ticketmaster is a Ticket outlet.............. Stubhub & Ticketexchange by Ticketmaster are sites season ticket holders, scalpers and the average fan who may not be able to go after they purchased their ticket can use to sell their tickets.

I had read somewhere were the Gov't was trying to pass a law where you could not sell your ticket 10% above face value, but it either didn't pass or the Mafia knocked off who was trying to get it passed. :evilshake:

Ibleedblk&gld
05-18-2010, 09:05 AM
ahh, gotcha...looking back at it now, i DID get my tickets last year on stubhub...not ticketmaster

ejsteeler
05-18-2010, 10:42 AM
doesn't matter to me....tickets sell out so fast, I have never been able to get them. I haven't tried the trick someone else pasted here though (can't remember who) to call early and ask a bunch of questions about other events until the deadline......:dunno: