PDA

View Full Version : League waits to hear back on Roethlisberger, who finishes treatment

ejsteeler
05-11-2010, 03:55 PM
League waits to hear back on Roethlisberger, who finishes treatment
By Jason La Canfora | NFL.com

The NFL is awaiting further word regarding evaluations of Ben Roethlisberger, a source with knowledge of the situation said Tuesday, after the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback finished league-mandated treatment last week.

Roethlisberger completed a clinical evaluation -- ordered by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell following sexual-assault allegations against the quarterback led to no charges in April -- and there still could be a recommendation that he receive further treatment.

Goodell will move in a reasoned, measured pace in deciding when Roethlisberger can return to the Steelers' facility for offseason workouts. No decision is imminent, according to the source.

Steelers officials expect the quarterback to be back for their upcoming organized team activity sessions next month (June 1-3 and June 8-10) at the earliest, but they haven't been given a timetable or expectations from the league.

finally.....positive movement......

BlitzburghRockCity
05-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Now, keep it positive, let him get back to the team and back to football where he belongs. This isolation crap is not good for a guy trying to get back to the friendly atmosphere of the Steelers facility and get his life moving in a positive direction again.

And no this is not going to be another Ben debate thread, so let's not go there.

Hopefully Goodell let's him back and we can get on with life.

LatrobePA
05-11-2010, 05:04 PM
I just wonder if all the neg press and or fan bashing will have a lasting affect on his confidence???

I agree, lets keep this a pos thread.....

cmerrifield
05-11-2010, 05:35 PM
I just wonder if all the neg press and or fan bashing will have a lasting affect on his confidence???

I agree, lets keep this a pos thread.....

Ben says he is harder on himself than any fan or any sports writer, so I really doubt this will hurt his confidence on the field.

DIESELMAN
05-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Lets just hope this treatment will wake Ben up and help him make better decisions not only in his personal life but on the field as well.

SteelDad
05-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Ben says he is harder on himself than any fan or any sports writer, so I really doubt this will hurt his confidence on the field.

Hard to disagree with that. The guy had just won a super bowl (xl) and he looked like he had just been dumped and lost his dog at the same time. He definitely has high expectations of himself and I hope that will motivate him to be a better man as well.

Dobre Shunka
05-12-2010, 02:25 AM
Hope to see him back to practices ASAP.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Ben has never lacked in confidence, and quite frankly he's never really been someone who relied on fans for his confidence. He knows he can play, he knows his teammates believe in him. When he goes out on the field on Sunday's he'll be fine. The first game he's back and he starts getting into the flow and tosses his first TD or leads a comeback win the stadium will go nuts and all will be will.

Either way, Ben has a tough skin, he always has, so he'll be fine.

I wonder what all "treatment" he had to go through, I mean was it just sit here and talk about your feelings on the couch or was there some type of handbook he had to go through?

LarryNJ
05-12-2010, 09:46 AM
It wasn't a "Treatment" it was simply an evaluation. More than likely a few bull **** sessions with some head doctor. Now a report will be written and sent off to the commish. I'd guess that Ben was preped on what to expect and how to answer the questions. Let's hope he did well and the Dr. liked him. I'm guessing he did.

LatrobePA
05-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Wasn't Ben the one who told the locker room in 08' he was sick of being boo'd? I personally think he does care what the fans think while he's on the field!

jnes1216
05-12-2010, 12:11 PM
It wasn't a "Treatment" it was simply an evaluation. More than likely a few bull **** sessions with some head doctor. Now a report will be written and sent off to the commish. I'd guess that Ben was preped on what to expect and how to answer the questions. Let's hope he did well and the Dr. liked him. I'm guessing he did.

The facility doing the evaluation was picked by the NFL, so I'm sure they will be thorough. Standardized tests, like Myers-Briggs etc, will be used as well as one-on-one conversations with counselors/psychiatrists. More counseling will prob. be recommended to the commish imo. Speculation on my part, but the facility doing the eval. will not want to make mistakes on this case.

LarryNJ
05-12-2010, 12:55 PM
The facility doing the evaluation was picked by the NFL, so I'm sure they will be thorough. Standardized tests, like Myers-Briggs etc, will be used as well as one-on-one conversations with counselors/psychiatrists. More counseling will prob. be recommended to the commish imo. Speculation on my part, but the facility doing the eval. will not want to make mistakes on this case.

That's a good point, you're probably spot on.

ejsteeler
05-12-2010, 01:53 PM
OH NO!!!! The shrink is a clowns fan!!!!!

:lol:

nuclearchihuahuas
05-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Wasn't Ben the one who told the locker room in 08' he was sick of being boo'd? I personally think he does care what the fans think while he's on the field!

I don't know...I think he cares what the fans think on the field...I am not certain any ones opinion of his off-field behavior motivates him in any way ... other than the fact he may get booed when he initially steps out onto the field...I bet he does something before he gets back to prevent that (booing I mean) from being the overwhelming disaster it potentially could be to him and the rest of the team during the game.

Dobre Shunka
05-16-2010, 05:24 AM
I think he has always had a chip, the rest of the league ensures it stays put, and they've now added to it.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-26-2010, 10:20 AM
Got a Tweet last night that Goodell says a decision on Ben's status could come next week. Personally this would, could stuff needs to stop. You have the info you need, stop killing time and just make your call already. There's no reason to drag this out leaving everyone in the dark this long.

cmerrifield
05-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Got a Tweet last night that Goodell says a decision on Ben's status could come next week. Personally this would, could stuff needs to stop. You have the info you need, stop killing time and just make your call already. There's no reason to drag this out leaving everyone in the dark this long.

I agree, but I will be happy as long as Ben is cleared by mid to late June, that still gives him time to be working out and getting ready for the season. He needs to be ready so that his 4-6 weeks off wont affect him too much.

steelersbabex25
05-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Hey..apparently Roethlisberger is now a great guy,
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Natalie-Gulbis-says-Roethlisberger-is-a-great-guy.html

LarryNJ
05-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Hey..apparently Roethlisberger is now a great guy,

When Natalie talks I listen! ;)

BlitzburghRockCity
05-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Perhaps someone should send this to Goodell :reddevil:

nuclearchihuahuas
05-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Perhaps someone should send this to Goodell :reddevil:

send me his email address and I will gladly inform goddell...I mean Goodell.