PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu concerned it was Career Ending

scudmissile29
05-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Steelers' Troy Polamalu was concerned knee injury in 2009 was career-threatening
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/05/steelers-troy-polamalu-was-concerned-knee-injury-in-2009-was-career-threatening/1

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu said he was concerned at points last season that the knee injury that limited him to five games in 2009 was potentially career-threatening.

Polamalu told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that doctors warned him if he played through the pain of a torn ligament in his left knee, he was risking the end of his career.

Said Polamalu:

"Yes, it was a concern. The hardest thing was if I would have injured it again, the doctor was saying that it will be a career-ending injury, most likely. I had to face that."

Polamalu was hurt in the season opener and missed the next four games. He returned for four games, but another injury sidelined him for the remainder of the season (though he remained hopeful in December that he might play by the end of the year).

The Steelers safety began wearing a brace reluctantly because of the seriousness of the injury. After eschewing surgery in favor of rehab, he practiced with teammates at the team's minicamp last weekend.

What's his prognosis?

"Right now, I feel fine," Polamalu told the Tribune Review. "(But) I don't know what happens when we start tackling." -- Sean Leahy

Steeldawgs edit:

Is it time to look for new play making safeties, we missed on one this year, but Clemson's McDaniel, Florida's Will Hill and UCLA's Rahim Moore are good safeties

igor0190
05-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Hopefully Troy's perspective on surgery will not come back to haunt him. It sounds like surgery may have definately been recommended in his case.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Troy has always been one to take the rehab and the not so traveled path to get back from injury. We need him at his best, he hasn't been fully healthy in a couple years now so he's gotta get back and stay on the field. Our Secondary is, well we all know how they are when he's not on the field. The defense in general for that matter...

DanRooney
05-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Unless Troy is out for significant time again, we won't go safety in the first round. I'm thinking DE or WR (maybe even RT w/ Pouncey's brother) depending on who's hot at our pick.

K Train
05-10-2010, 03:50 PM
mike pouncey is the worse of the pounceys, he offers even less, certainly wouldnt be looked at as a RT

troy needs to not be a pussy it was a sprain/minor tear. guys come back from catastrophic tears and with medical technology its rare to see career enders....just dont try to be a ****ing hero and let it heal

DanRooney
05-10-2010, 03:55 PM
mike pouncey is the worse of the pounceys, he offers even less, certainly wouldnt be looked at as a RT

troy needs to not be a pussy it was a sprain/minor tear. guys come back from catastrophic tears and with medical technology its rare to see career enders....just dont try to be a ****ing hero and let it heal

Whoops meant RG. But we probably have all our dice rolling on...wait for it...Kraig Urbik! lolz.

LatrobePA
05-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Untangle the hair from your balls Troy, grab them suckers and man up!! This team sucks without ya!!

jnes1216
05-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Unless Troy is out for significant time again, we won't go safety in the first round. I'm thinking DE or WR (maybe even RT w/ Pouncey's brother) depending on who's hot at our pick.

Too early for 2011 mock drafts... Nooo!! LOL!

There could always be a chance they go after a veteran (like Donte Whitner, who seems to have lost favor in Buff.) if Troy or Allen/Mundy go down early. The way Troy came out last year in the opener with Tenn. I thought Pitts. was going to have a defensive MVP for two years in a row. Then came Tyrone C. Stay away from the fumble recovery pileups Troy!!

beaver688
05-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Their all pussy's---- after the big buck then their done--- all the same

K Train
05-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Whoops meant RG. But we probably have all our dice rolling on...wait for it...Kraig Urbik! lolz.

lol ugh...nah i would like pouncey 2 at RG if pouncey 1 is our center, thats a beast interior

urbik LOL

Black@Gold Forever32
05-10-2010, 08:45 PM
that article are the reasons I can't stand Troy at times....Guy is a major puss.......

Real Deal Steel
05-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Troy is a stud. Period. And we are all happy he's going to be back this coming season.

Bucsfan4ever
05-11-2010, 07:26 AM
If he needs to sit out for the Bucs game, that will be fine with me!!:greengrin:

steelersgal86
05-11-2010, 10:18 AM
If he needs to sit out for the Bucs game, that will be fine with me!!:greengrin:

:lol: I bet it is....