PDA

View Full Version : Your Personal Nemesis

SteelDad
05-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Every one of you will be able to relate to this. It does not matter whether you live in Pittsburgh or some other city in the US because you all have a personal nemesis. A person out there that irritates you. A person out there that you hate seeing even though you know you’re going to see them. This person is like Newman to your Seinfeld and they are stubborn, erroneously arrogant, and hold on to the past like a prom queen still celebrating her victory 20 years later. This person I speak of is commonly known as, “A Browns’ Fan.”

My personal villain is found in my local Sam’s Club store and stands about 5’ 10”, with a portly beer gut, graying hair and coke bottle glasses. He’s about 55 years old and appears to be some sort of ‘jack of all trades’ for the mega-sized price club. Perhaps he is just an aging stock boy, but I’ll move on…. Several years ago I waltzed into Sam’s looking to get a few items and as always, proudly wearing one of my many Steelers’ hats I have and started cruising up and down the aisles. Suddenly I hear a gravely voice ask, “You a Steelers’ fan?” I looked to my left to find said stock boy peering at me and I said, “Yup,” while noticing his Indians’ ball cap so I immediately know where this was heading. “Well, we’re gonna get you guys this year!” he says. “We used to beat you all the time and we’ll beat ya again this year,” he adds. “Oh, you’re a Browns’ fan huh? I replied. “Sure am,” he says. “Well, good luck this year. I’m sure Charlie Frye is destined for greatness,” I say as I move on. And that’s how it started.

So now every time I go to Sam’s I make sure I am sporting something Steelers just in case he’s there. Last year I saw him a few times wearing his ‘LeBron’ jersey. So not long after the Orlando Magic dispensed of his Cavs, I saw him again in the coffee aisle. I think he was sweeping grounds off the floor and sticking him in his pocket. Even though this guy sees me quite a bit and at 6’ 5” 280lbs I’m hard to miss, he still always says, “Steelers fan eh?” as if seeing me for the first time. Again I say, “Yup” and add, “Tough break for those Cavs. How many years since you’ve won a title?” I smiled and walked off like the cat that ate the canary and all I could hear was faint rumbling coming from his general location.

So now it continues and of course because of that abortion of a game against the Browns last year that we lost, he walks around as if he just knocked out Floyd Mayweather, Jr. but I just smile and move along. There are times when I really do hope I see him and other times when I’m in a hurry and he’s the last thing I need to deal with at that time, but he always makes going to Sam’s Club a little more entertaining. Chances are, you know exactly what I’m talking about. You have your nemesis. You have you’re Bungles fan, or Ratbirds’ fan out there. Hopefully you find them as humorous as I do. After all, it's part of what being a fan is all about.

Marc Uhlmann
www.steeleraddicts.com

strong D
05-06-2010, 04:28 PM
:lol: that was a real good read

HUNT4SEVEN
05-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Lmaoooooooooooo as i was reading this i was thinking damn this reminds me of the Browns fans:hehheh: I was born and raised in Cleveland so i know exactly how u feel, i've been dealing with that mess for 40 plus years, i have a friend and he's like a brother to me but he's a Browns fan and he's been giving it to me every since they beat us, This season can't come fast enough so my boys can shut these Clown fans UP!! thanks for sharing this story:tt02:

MattyVfromCT
05-06-2010, 06:14 PM
personal nemesis? i have many. anybody that runs their mouth off about the steelers is a nemesis of mine. especially these arrogant piece of **** trolls that spam my steeler vids on youtube. they take personal attacks on me, say nasty things about my mother, etc, all while hiding behind their computers without showing their faces like little pussies. i wish i knew about hacking because these *******s would not have working computers right now with the **** they say to me unprovoked. it's one thing to talk trash about my team. it's another thing to take it to the next step and take shots at my family, etc.

SteelDad
05-06-2010, 08:03 PM
personal nemesis? i have many. anybody that runs their mouth off about the steelers is a nemesis of mine. especially these arrogant piece of **** trolls that spam my steeler vids on youtube. they take personal attacks on me, say nasty things about my mother, etc, all while hiding behind their computers without showing their faces like little pussies. i wish i knew about hacking because these *******s would not have working computers right now with the **** they say to me unprovoked. it's one thing to talk trash about my team. it's another thing to take it to the next step and take shots at my family, etc.

Whoa my brother, slow down man. Totally understand where you're coming from and while I know it's hard, you just have keep telling yourself how much better your life is than theirs. You're a Steelers fan!!!! :cope:

--- Added 5/6/2010 at 06:02 PM ---

:lol: that was a real good read

Much appreciated! :tt02:

--- Added 5/6/2010 at 06:03 PM ---

Lmaoooooooooooo as i was reading this i was thinking damn this reminds me of the Browns fans:hehheh: I was born and raised in Cleveland so i know exactly how u feel, i've been dealing with that mess for 40 plus years, i have a friend and he's like a brother to me but he's a Browns fan and he's been giving it to me every since they beat us, This season can't come fast enough so my boys can shut these Clown fans UP!! thanks for sharing this story:tt02:

My pleasure! I'm sure there are thousands of us out there dealing with these poor unfortunate souls.

MattyVfromCT
05-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Whoa my brother, slow down man. Totally understand where you're coming from and while I know it's hard, you just have keep telling yourself how much better your life is than theirs. You're a Steelers fan!!!! :cope:

sorry lol. :lol: it's just irritating that these morons can type whatever they want without having to deal with the consequences because nobody knows who they are, where they're from or what they look like, etc. :cursin: now i just block these fools and delete their stupid comments. not worth wasting my time to argue with idiots. and most of these idiots are clowns fans. enough said. :tt02:

75Steeler
05-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Great read Steel Dad! There are several folks here in Charlotte like that. Their Panthers have been around since the mid 90's and only been to one Super Bowl which they lost. I have to listen to the Rapistberger comments and other bull but I try to take it in stride. I remind them about Carruth being in prison for having the mother of his child murdered on Charlotte streets I also remind them that our team keeps winning head coaches longer than their team has been in existence. Most of it is jealousy on their part of the Steelers proud history, winning past, and the Steelers fans. You will find this all over the country but I will say that I have also met some really great fellow steelers fans just by wearing one of my many pieces of Steeler gear in public. :cope:

SteelDad
05-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Great read Steel Dad! There are several folks here in Charlotte like that. Their Panthers have been around since the mid 90's and only been to one Super Bowl which they lost. I have to listen to the Rapistberger comments and other bull but I try to take it in stride. I remind them about Carruth being in prison for having the mother of his child murdered on Charlotte streets I also remind them that our team keeps winning head coaches longer than their team has been in existence. Most of it is jealousy on their part of the Steelers proud history, winning past, and the Steelers fans. You will find this all over the country but I will say that I have also met some really great fellow steelers fans just by wearing one of my many pieces of Steeler gear in public. :cope:

Thanks for the kind words! I think you have summed up what many of us have been dealing with lately especially regarding Ben. The beautiful thing is that no team is infallable. They have their own demons as you point out with Carruth. We will survive this because of who we have been for so long.

--- Added 5/7/2010 at 08:27 AM ---

sorry lol. :lol: it's just irritating that these morons can type whatever they want without having to deal with the consequences because nobody knows who they are, where they're from or what they look like, etc. :cursin: now i just block these fools and delete their stupid comments. not worth wasting my time to argue with idiots. and most of these idiots are clowns fans. enough said. :tt02:

Exactly! Absolutely sad the time these morons have to make themselves feel better by trying to rip others down.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-14-2010, 04:38 PM
:lol: That's a great read bro, it definitely put a smile on my face! I have an friend who's a ratbird fan and every time I see him it's always football talk and in his case, trash talk about how bad *** his team is and how much we suck :blah: Sometimes I engage in the bantering with him and other times I just blow him off with a "shut up stupid", we have 6 rings and 2 in the last 5 years, how many do you have? That always pisses him off :D