PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Power Rankings

BlackGold4vr
05-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Well, it looks as if the experts believe the Steelers are on the way down, not up. We ended the season 13th and will open the season 19th. I'm no math whiz but I believe out of a 32 team league, 19th is bottom half. To be honest I prefer to start the season as a dark horse with no expectations. The Steelers play well when nobody expects them too and play like **** when they are favorites. I expect us to make the playoffs this year.

:helmet:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

K Train
05-06-2010, 10:37 AM
panthers, niners, texans, titans, and cards all ahead of the steelers? false

that being said ben is out for a few weeks, no one really has reason to think they will win without him at this point

coldrolled
05-06-2010, 10:42 AM
panthers, niners, texans, titans, and cards all ahead of the steelers? false

that being said ben is out for a few weeks, no one really has reason to think they will win without him at this point

funny, panthers should be < 30...

niners, texans, titans i believe is true > steelers if we start 0-4... we need TO. :yesnod:

cards. < 28

K Train
05-06-2010, 11:04 AM
panthers are going to be a good team, clausen really makes them set for years with already an absolutely dominating run game and a rotation of everetter brown and james hardy at DE to replace peppers, plus a new receiver to push jarrett and open things up for smith and one of the best LBs in the league....theres things to like but they arent there yet.

i do believe the steelers will be right in the mix for the division, they need to get past the ben drought alive though

LatrobePA
05-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Power rankings are gay! In hockey they had the Caps at the top all season, guess what, they're out of the PO's already.

PR's mean nothing, especially in May!

coldrolled
05-06-2010, 11:22 AM
panthers are going to be a good team, clausen really makes them set for years with already an absolutely dominating run game and a rotation of everetter brown and james hardy at DE to replace peppers, plus a new receiver to push jarrett and open things up for smith and one of the best LBs in the league....theres things to like but they arent there yet.

i do believe the steelers will be right in the mix for the division, they need to get past the ben drought alive though

how is it that the panthers draft picks will make them great "this year" and we cant start any of ours?? panthers are dead for a year or two.

and clausen is a glass QB. clausen will get shattered, brady quinn will last longer.

K Train
05-06-2010, 11:28 AM
clausen will make you eat those words, hes about as pro ready as they come and will have a career 10x better than bradford. he shoots them to relevance immediately imo, especially with the brick wall of a line they have and incredible running game

BlackGold4vr
05-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Power rankings are gay! In hockey they had the Caps at the top all season, guess what, they're out of the PO's already.

PR's mean nothing, especially in May!

Of course they don't mean anything but they give us something to talk about. They are merely predictions just like your NCAA March Madness brackets. Do those brackets mean anything? Most peoples brackets are blown up in the first round of the NCAA tournament. We've seen the top seeds in the NFL fall in their first playoff game before too. Coming off the SB last year we started last seasons power rankings at #1 and ended up 13th. I like when the sports guru's pick us to suck. It seems to put a chip on the shoulders of our team.

coldrolled
05-06-2010, 12:01 PM
clausen will make you eat those words, hes about as pro ready as they come and will have a career 10x better than bradford. he shoots them to relevance immediately imo, especially with the brick wall of a line they have and incredible running game

he will get busted up..:imho:

he doesnt have eric olsen as his center anymore. :grin1:

K Train
05-06-2010, 12:07 PM
yeah they only dumped justin hartwig to us so they could insert super stud ryan kalil in that spot lol

75Steeler
05-06-2010, 12:07 PM
how is it that the panthers draft picks will make them great "this year" and we cant start any of ours?? panthers are dead for a year or two.

and clausen is a glass QB. clausen will get shattered, brady quinn will last longer.

I agree the Panthers lost a bunch of key players this year and they are trying to fill in the gaps with rookies. A few years down the road they may be great but I think the ownership and management is getting rid of John Fox this year otherwise they would have given him a new contract. They are setting him up to fail this season. :imho:

Layin the wood
05-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Right now Power Rankings mean nothing!! Lets see what they look like in november. If they can get past the first 5 games with a 3-2 record then look out!!:cope:

LatrobePA
05-06-2010, 06:14 PM
I used to get fired up looking at the PR's now I could give 3 shits less!!

coldrolled
05-06-2010, 10:40 PM

heres a good one... maybe the OL will let the defenses pass and just clock him for kicks and giggles... read this::

sources tell him that Clausen "pissed off multiple receivers", and that Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith thinks "Jimmy is a punk".
"We're told that Clausen already has pissed off multiple receivers and at least one tight end by "barking" at them during minicamp practice, and that receiver Steve Smith "basically thinks Jimmy is a punk." Though Clausen is regarded as "smart" and unlikely to make mental mistakes, the initial thinking is that he uses excessive confidence (to the point that it's being perceived by some as arrogance) to compensate for lack of arm strength, size, and overall athleticism."
Perhaps a few the bottles of Cactus Cooler soda Clausen brought with him from California to Charlotte at Steve Smith's request broke or went flat?

jnes1216
05-06-2010, 10:45 PM
clausen didn't even have as many wins as quinn and he is supposed to bring the panthers back to life? He reminds me of a Cutler like personality, imo. Just needs some maturity.

Danger DANJ
05-07-2010, 10:32 AM
heres a good one... maybe the OL will let the defenses pass and just clock him for kicks and giggles... read this::

sources tell him that Clausen "pissed off multiple receivers", and that Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith thinks "Jimmy is a punk".
"We're told that Clausen already has pissed off multiple receivers and at least one tight end by "barking" at them during minicamp practice, and that receiver Steve Smith "basically thinks Jimmy is a punk." Though Clausen is regarded as "smart" and unlikely to make mental mistakes, the initial thinking is that he uses excessive confidence (to the point that it's being perceived by some as arrogance) to compensate for lack of arm strength, size, and overall athleticism."
Perhaps a few the bottles of Cactus Cooler soda Clausen brought with him from California to Charlotte at Steve Smith's request broke or went flat?

Yeah, Big Ben pissed people off and was an arrogant prick, but look what he did. lol.

coldrolled
05-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah, Big Ben pissed people off and was an arrogant prick, but look what he did. lol.

but ben doesnt have: lack of arm strength, size, and overall athleticism