PDA

View Full Version : Ho-Hum, Here Comes the SI Article

SteelDad
05-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Just when we start to put this entire thing behind us and get ready for OTA's and training camp, here comes Sports Illustrated and their 'investigative report' on Ben being a real jack@$$. What is being told here that we have not already heard??? Man I hope we kick the crap out of everyone this year shut the media up....

LatrobePA
05-05-2010, 02:08 PM
The media / fans have a right to bash him. He's a dumbass!

steelcitysfinestXL
05-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Just when we start to put this entire thing behind us and get ready for OTA's and training camp, here comes Sports Illustrated and their 'investigative report' on Ben being a real jack@$$. What is being told here that we have not already heard??? Man I hope we kick the crap out of everyone this year shut the media up....

It really hasnt begun... Wait til traing camp when Ben can be there, and the Dixon/Lefty/Batch competition heats up. More media, more hype, hell its only gonna get worse.

What if they lose their first, second, third game? ... all you'll hear about is how were suffering with out our QB. If we win those games... all your hear about is whether there is a qb controversy in Pittsburgh. Either way this is gonna get worse, as far as media coverage... the only way to solve this is to win til he gets back and win with him!!!

ejsteeler
05-05-2010, 02:31 PM
... the only way to solve this is to win til he gets back and win with him!!!

Well, that's the only we would like to see anyway....:lol:
It can end up with us being in the basement too, though even with the situation, I would say that is unlikely.

SteelDad
05-05-2010, 02:53 PM
The media / fans have a right to bash him. He's a dumbass!

You won't get an argument from on the fact he's an idiot, but let's face it, if this were happening in Dallas it wouldn't be as big a deal. It's because of our proud heritage and tradition and the fact that people now have an opportunity to rake us over the coals.

--- Added 5/5/2010 at 01:53 PM ---

It really hasnt begun... Wait til traing camp when Ben can be there, and the Dixon/Lefty/Batch competition heats up. More media, more hype, hell its only gonna get worse.

What if they lose their first, second, third game? ... all you'll hear about is how were suffering with out our QB. If we win those games... all your hear about is whether there is a qb controversy in Pittsburgh. Either way this is gonna get worse, as far as media coverage... the only way to solve this is to win til he gets back and win with him!!!

Very true. I'm hoping to get to training camp again this year too. Probably end having to fight off ESPN camermen to get anywhere near the facility.

LatrobePA
05-05-2010, 02:54 PM
When and if this team loses the first 3-4 games, Ben will get the blunt of the abuse, this little situation will become HUGE!!

SteelerBee43
05-05-2010, 03:48 PM
This is the article if anyone is interested in reading it...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1169185/1/index.htm

MattyVfromCT
05-05-2010, 05:11 PM
just got the issue in the mail. i don't plan on reading it anytime soon. i'm so sick of the big ben drama. sick of talking/reading/listening/watching it. quite frankly, no chargers were filed, goodell reviewed the case, suspended him, END OF STORY. how much more can this be talked about? especially since every article/tv segment/etc repeats the same stuff OVER AND OVER AND OVER. jesus, the media and everone else needs to let it go already.

steelersbabex25
05-05-2010, 07:42 PM
They have to sell copies somehow..

MattyVfromCT
05-05-2010, 08:59 PM
They have to sell copies somehow..

agree. and i decided to read it. it was actually a pretty good article. brings up a good point how ben's entourage seems to be full of enablers who never question any of his actions. they feed his ego and his thought process that he can do no wrong because he is a $100 million+, 2-time super bowl champion franchise quarterback who is above the rules. also brought up video footage that was shot by kdka employees (and never aired) of ben riding his motorcycle with no helmet AFTER THE ACCIDENT and flipping off the cameraman. he really thinks he's invincible. hopefully that changes. anyway, i'm done speaking about ben. TIRED OF THIS SUBJECT AND THEN SOME AND THEN SOME AND THEN SOME!:banging::banging::banging:

LarryNJ
05-05-2010, 09:15 PM
As a positive we can only hope that all this negative publicity gets through to Ben and really motivates him to change his way. Work his *** off and come back a better player and person.

lloydfan4life
05-05-2010, 09:34 PM
As a positive we can only hope that all this negative publicity gets through to Ben and really motivates him to change his way. Work his *** off and come back a better player and person.

Let's hope so... because so far he's been nothing but an arrogant a$$hole who's done nothing but disgust me and a lot of other fans.

It's no wonder he has to travel with body guards for protection. The way he acts towards people he should have his *** kicked royally. Who the f**k does he think he is? Just because you got fame and money doesn't give you a free pass to act like the POS you act like.

Okay... I could go on, but like MattyV... I'm done speaking about Ben. I said my piece and vented for a little.

Dee Mca
05-05-2010, 10:15 PM
It's still early enough that we should be ok. When schedule was released I thought we would be 3-1 heading into bye game. Now we should be 2-2. It's not like Ben will get all the snaps in training camp and pre-season. Leftwhich or Dixon will get a majority of them. Ben is already making amends by already going to his evals so lets just hope he puts his wild ways behind him. Someone hook him up with Tebows number and they can do bible study

Aussie_Steel58
05-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Let's hope so... because so far he's been nothing but an arrogant a$$hole who's done nothing but disgust me and a lot of other fans.

It's no wonder he has to travel with body guards for protection. The way he acts towards people he should have his *** kicked royally. Who the f**k does he think he is? Just because you got fame and money doesn't give you a free pass to act like the POS you act like.

Okay... I could go on, but like MattyV... I'm done speaking about Ben. I said my piece and vented for a little.

Totally agree 100%. The problem with the whole thing is also one of perception, regardless of what he has or hasn't done. As it stands, he'll go down in history as a great QB with an off-field reputation for getting in serious trouble and a lingering feeling among many people that he's an ***hole. Which, as we are seeing, makes the Steelers look bad as it reflects so much negative publicity on us. I honestly don't think the perception of the Steelers around the world will unfortunately ever be the same (in terms of respect) while Ben is still on our team. Mud sticks.

HUNT4SEVEN
05-05-2010, 11:26 PM
[QUOTE=lloydfan4life;347593]Let's hope so... because so far he's been nothing but an arrogant a$$hole who's done nothing but disgust me and a lot of other fans.

I agree with u Lloyd... the problem that i have is why didn't the Rooneys check his punk @$$ in the beginning so it would not have blown up into what it is today?:thinking:

lloydfan4life
05-06-2010, 08:20 AM
I agree with u Lloyd... the problem that i have is why didn't the Rooneys check his punk @$$ in the beginning so it would not have blown up into what it is today?

Well, actually I'm not too sure the Rooney's would have found much. Ben seemed like a real man of character when he first came on the scene. His coaches spoke highly of him along with the people of Findlay. Remember the WWJD bracelet he first wore during games, along with the PFJ written on his shoes? If I remember correctly one of his very first press conferences was littered with reference to being a born again christian. Somewhere he took a wrong turn and I'm thinking it came along with all of the success and money.

IMO, the Rooney's could have made a huge statement regarding integrity by taking the same path with Ben that they took with Santonio. I may get blasted for that statement, but I'm allowed to have my own opinion, and that's what it is.

I do wish Ben well and I hope he gets his life turned around. Life is so much more than a football game. I'm just sickened over where his life has gone these last number of years... and I hate the new image he's given our Black & Gold.

steelers4life66
05-06-2010, 08:28 AM
just got the issue in the mail. i don't plan on reading it anytime soon. i'm so sick of the big ben drama. sick of talking/reading/listening/watching it. quite frankly, no chargers were filed, goodell reviewed the case, suspended him, END OF STORY. how much more can this be talked about? especially since every article/tv segment/etc repeats the same stuff OVER AND OVER AND OVER. jesus, the media and everone else needs to let it go already.

Actually Matt you might want to take a look. Like you I don't live in the Pittsburgh area anymore so I don't get all the little BR news and the going's on with him. It talks about a lot more than just the alleged assault. They did a lot of interviews with people in the Burg. You get a good insite on him. Didn't realize he was a big an a$$hole as he is. Maybe not all of the statements made are true but you can't call all of them lairs nether.:2cents:

Blazedby92
05-06-2010, 09:06 AM
AND LIFE GOES so what if he is an ***, i'm sure just about everyone on here is an *** at times now have people constantly telling you how to walk talk eat and everything else, what would you do?

He screwed up and so have you now this is where we find out what he is about, after the fact.

EVERYONE has a bad side just Ben had his exposed to the fullest and it won't quit til he decides what he wants in life.
Media and people are on the outside looking in and don't know the real story.
People and the media start killing other peoples image by doing that for example OMG he turned down a kid when ask for an autograph well how many kids did he sign before that one.

coldrolled
05-06-2010, 09:12 AM

this may be the case, that ben straightens up... i hope so... i still believe goodell didnt suspend ben on his own free will...

i think the rooneys told goodell to give him the 6 weeks with rehab. get him back to reality. this way the team owners are not the bad guys...

and it gives the rooneys one more chance with ben.. a lot of money invested in him...

ejsteeler
05-06-2010, 12:33 PM
ALl this will be moot when Ben comes back, rallies the team, and takes us to #7!!!!! :ply:

MattyVfromCT
05-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Actually Matt you might want to take a look. Like you I don't live in the Pittsburgh area anymore so I don't get all the little BR news and the going's on with him. It talks about a lot more than just the alleged assault. They did a lot of interviews with people in the Burg. You get a good insite on him. Didn't realize he was a big an a$$hole as he is. Maybe not all of the statements made are true but you can't call all of them lairs nether.:2cents:

i did read it actually. it was a very good read. i've talked to plenty of people who met him in in person who said he's an *******. and i believe it. it's one thing if a steeler hater says things but when people who are diehard fans say these things, i have to believe it. in no way am i defending ben at all, just the fact that he wasn't charged and it's a dead issue imo. he was suspended, end of story. the only thing we can hope is that he finally wakes up and becomes a better person. i just find it odd that si put out this article now. i think the issue has been beaten to death and then some. just sick and tired of hearing the same things over and over and over.

steelersbabex25
05-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Sorry to post this here..I didn't want to start another Ben thread for this :lol:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Tebow-leads-NFL-jersey-sales-Roethlisberger-dro?urn=nfl,239184

Meanwhile, the popularity of Ben Roethlisberger(notes) continued its freefall as the once-revered Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback dropped out of the top 20 following his involvement in an alleged assault in Georgia.

Ugh. :duh:

Layin the wood
05-07-2010, 10:17 AM
SI sux about as bad a ESPN!! They talk about the same horse#hit over and over again. Its over,time to move on.

Clevelandsux
05-12-2010, 05:51 PM
I thought the SI article was slanderous. I agree Ben is a dumbass, but he was not convicted of any crimes. Most of it was heresy. Joe blow said ben was a dick to him at a bar........ Hey not all celebrities are nice guys. I mean Bernie Kosar and Sam Rutligliano are nice guys, but do they have any Super bowls? I just want him to keep little ben out of trouble and quit doing things determental to the team. When he retires he can go riding without a helmet and screwing underage chicks all he wants.

To me Ben is like my brother. You want to smack him and say grow up. But also you get defensive when he gets attacked. All I hope is after all of this he comes out a better man.

I hope when he comes back, he rapes every other NFL team on the field. Wins more super bowls and waves it right in there ****ing faces and rubs it in ****. And shame on you so-called Steelers fans wanting to run him out of town.

Speeed
05-13-2010, 09:45 PM
That is a total attach on him. I read that article, albeit quickly, but I did not notice a single statement from him. Totally one sided. Since when does SI become an investigative source? It seems they went from being "news" to having an agenda. Which in this day and age apparently now even in sports news, is all news.

Despite whatever happened, he needs to realize that the good things will not be noticed, only the negative things, no matter how minor. I would not even fart without excusing myself if I were him, lest it end up in the investigative pages of SI.

Clevelandsux
05-16-2010, 01:04 PM
They had no viable sources. It was all heresy. ESPN and SI have become the national enquirer. I mean ESPN reported that Cavs coach Mike Brown was fired when he wasn't. They want so badly to be the first to report something, that they report false info. I was texting people that Brown was fired from the cavs. It was bs.

Trust me, I was as mad as anyone at Ben when I first heard the reports. But all it takes is one crazy drunk bitch to ruin a guys reputation. Could happen to you or me too.

I'm sick of the slander on Ben. I'm tired of hearing my teams qb is a rapist. It's up to him to prove everyone wrong. Heck Ray Lewis was acquitted of murder. You don't hear much about it anymore.

And if ben did anything, he deserves whatever he gets. But that has never been proven.