PDA

View Full Version : How did the Steelers do in a 2007 draft?

greg1964
05-05-2010, 02:12 PM
It has been said that you can't grade a draft until at least three years after

here is a good read on the 2007 draft:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2010/5/3/1456008/evaluating-the-pittsburgh-steelers

enjoy yins

steelcitysfinestXL
05-05-2010, 02:30 PM
GREAT read man... im one of those people who doesnt think Timmons was that great of a first round pick. But, thats only because he is forced to play ILB, while i think he is a prototypical OLB (in the 3-4 scheme). I also disagree and think he is a bit subpar against the run... hopefully he can prove me wrong. But, you really cant argue with his numbers or his flashes of dynamic play making ability! In the end im glad he's in Black n' gold!

Other than that i think this dude was spot on... like i said, nice read!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Man I was looking forward to Dallas Baker making an impact on this team as a late round gem but it just never happened. I'd say overall if you can get 3 starters out of a draft like we did with that class then it was pretty successful. Timmons, Wood, and Sep are all quality players as we know. Gay, well, we won't go there with him as a starter but...

andyg1984
05-05-2010, 04:39 PM
collectively it was a great draft ... they did a re-draft on NFL network a few weeks ago that i posted in the war room... woodely went in the low teens and timmons went late first

BlitzburghRockCity
05-05-2010, 04:49 PM
When Wood was drafted there were many that felt he was a first round talent and could have very well gone at the same spot that Timmons did. As it turns out Wood was the more ready of the 2 to step in and play; partly because he stayed healthy and got the reps in but also but Timmons was just a bit more of a project but all in all we got ourselves 2 top notch linebackers that will be great for us for years to come.

Timmons has such great pass rushing skills that you could see him go outside at some point if needed; he's as explosive and quick anybody in the league when he's healthy. Hopefully his ankle doesn't become a problem this year.

DanRooney
05-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Timmons will eventually move into Farrior's spot after this year since he can no longer cover a 3rd string runningback. He's by far the most athletic member of our defense and has the quickest jump off the snap. Having 2 impact players like him and Woodley makes the 2007 draft at least a B+.

I can't wait until we see the 2008 grade (lol)

K Train
05-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Timmons will eventually move into Farrior's spot after this year since he can no longer cover a 3rd string runningback. He's by far the most athletic member of our defense and has the quickest jump off the snap. Having 2 impact players like him and Woodley makes the 2007 draft at least a B+.

I can't wait until we see the 2008 grade (lol)

mendenhall taking over the world this season will help the 08 class, there is simply no hope for the 09 class however.

07 turned out ok, i gave it a B at the time, B+ now

Big T
05-05-2010, 07:42 PM
mendenhall taking over the world this season will help the 08 class, there is simply no hope for the 09 class however.

07 turned out ok, i gave it a B at the time, B+ now

Only Mike Wallace....Though I think Joe Burnett will turn into a very good nickel corner..

JensK
05-06-2010, 02:54 AM
Only Mike Wallace....Though I think Joe Burnett will turn into a very good nickel corner..

Keenan Lewis is supposly running with the second team right now, battling with McFadden for the spot... They coaches are pretty high on him im hearing.

Big T
05-06-2010, 03:09 AM
Keenan Lewis is supposly running with the second team right now, battling with McFadden for the spot... They coaches are pretty high on him im hearing.

sounds good...I was real skeptical about the pick when DJ Moore was still on the board...I liked what i saw from him in the preseason last year but that back injury just messed him up....I dont know what to think about him.

K Train
05-06-2010, 09:00 AM
its laughable to thik mcfadden isnt the unquestioned starter, lewis will battle william gay

thats that

jnes1216
05-06-2010, 05:36 PM
I wish I could get one of those Michigan Woodley tees!! Hilarious. Hate to say it, but I like Sepulveda, prob. would have been available in later rds i agree but berger was a hack.

K Train
05-06-2010, 06:12 PM
no sepulveda was going in that round, he and podlesh were borderline elite prospects. the man runs a 4.4 and hits like a truck and has a huge boot

jnes1216
05-06-2010, 11:24 PM
at least '07 was better than '06. Only Holmes (now gone) and Colon, were contributors. That's pretty bad.

andyg1984
05-07-2010, 01:34 AM
with as old as we are in certain spots you have to think the horrible '08 draft and highly questionable '09 draft will become more obvious sooner or later ...

imo what mendy does will not matter because everyone knew that RB class was STACKED and look at how well they have done ..