PDA

View Full Version : Lucky, Lucky, Lucky

nuclearchihuahuas
05-03-2010, 05:48 PM
I took the day off today so I got to watch the Steelers/Vikings replay on the NFL Network...I was reminded of a question I had last season...often under center, Ben calls out "Lucky, Lucky, Lucky". I have not been able to pick up what shift or alert he is calling for...any one able to enlighten me? Thanks!

coldrolled
05-03-2010, 05:51 PM
I took the day off today so I got to watch the Steelers/Vikings replay on the NFL Network...I was reminded of a question I had last season...often under center, Ben calls out "Lucky, Lucky, Lucky". I have not been able to pick up what shift or alert he is calling for...any one able to enlighten me? Thanks!

A screen play maybe, lucky if you see one.

DanRooney
05-03-2010, 06:26 PM

Each lucky represents a sexual assault charge that he gets away with? :thinking:

K Train
05-03-2010, 06:33 PM
lucky means lucky to be alive after hartwig gets steamrolled every play

cmerrifield
05-03-2010, 06:39 PM
He is saying "looky, looky, looky," he has to specifically tell linemen to look and block

SnakeEyes43
05-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Each lucky represents a sexual assault charge that he gets away with? :thinking:

Haha, holy sh*t!!!! I pissed myself. That's so wrong, yet hilarious.

nuclearchihuahuas
05-03-2010, 08:07 PM
He is saying "looky, looky, looky," he has to specifically tell linemen to look and block

He does seem to be looking and alerting the left side...but seriously, it sounds like he's calling for a specific set or alert to something in particular...I just cannot identify what that is.

LatrobePA
05-03-2010, 08:36 PM
HE has 3 testicles each one named lucky, this explains why he's so horned up all the time, in the wild this acts as a mating call...

HUNT4SEVEN
05-03-2010, 08:52 PM

:hehheh: That was a good one...

lucky means lucky to be alive after hartwig gets steamrolled every play :hehheh:

75Steeler
05-03-2010, 08:57 PM
HE has 3 testicles each one named lucky, this explains why he's so horned up all the time, in the wild this acts as a mating call...

:haha:

Big T
05-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Lol he doesnt say lucky...He may have said looky but I've also heard him point out a blitz from the left side by saying "lefty lefty lefty"...

beaver688
05-03-2010, 09:16 PM

I thought it was lefty lefty lefty.a blitze from the left

cmerrifield
05-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Lol he doesnt say lucky...He may have said looky but I've also heard him point out a blitz from the left side by saying "lefty lefty lefty"...

I was kidding when I said "looky"

Big T
05-03-2010, 11:48 PM
I was kidding when I said "looky"

lol whatever...All im sayin is I know he says "lefty" when hes pointing out a blitz from the left...

nuclearchihuahuas
05-04-2010, 01:29 AM
You could be right ... I can believe it was lefty, lefty, lefty...that makes total sense! Thanks!

SteelDad
05-04-2010, 12:17 PM
More than likely, they go with any 'L' words for blitzer coming from the left and 'R' words from the right. There are most likely dummy calls as well so the defense cannot audible out of whatever playcall they have.

TampaSteelGirl
05-04-2010, 12:29 PM

You're an idiot..................

--- Added 5/4/2010 at 10:29 AM ---

I thought it was lefty lefty lefty.a blitze from the left

I think so too..

WindyCityShaker
05-04-2010, 03:32 PM
You're an idiot..................

--- Added 5/4/2010 at 10:29 AM ---

I think so too..

I'll go join him on the idiot bench because actually it was pretty funny. Don't take life so seriously.

LatrobePA
05-04-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm always on the idiot bench so count me in too, Ben save me a spot!!

I'll go join him on the idiot bench because actually it was pretty funny. Don't take life so seriously.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-04-2010, 04:08 PM
More than likely, they go with any 'L' words for blitzer coming from the left and 'R' words from the right. There are most likely dummy calls as well so the defense cannot audible out of whatever playcall they have.

If I remember right he usually waits till the last possible second before snapping the ball before he calls out something like that so the defense has less time to react and is committed.