PDA

View Full Version : Troy's progress???

TampaSteelGirl
05-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Has anyone heard anything about Troy's progress? I'm so anxious to see him this year in Tampa since I missed him in Jan in Miami!

SnakeEyes43
05-03-2010, 01:46 PM
I know he has been participating in the mini-camp and other off-season workouts. I think he has said he feels about 100% and that the knee feels great. Again, this is from memory, but I remember hearing that he has been progressing extremely well and is ready to go. :yellowthumb:

75Steeler
05-03-2010, 01:50 PM
:pray: He stays healthy this season! What about Aaron Smith?

nuclearchihuahuas
05-03-2010, 01:51 PM
I know he has been participating in the mini-camp and other off-season workouts. I think he has said he feels about 100% and that the knee feels great. Again, this is from memory, but I remember hearing that he has been progressing extremely well and is ready to go. :yellowthumb:

Agreed. I recently read that he was participating in mini camp along with Aaron Smith who is progressing ahead of schedule as well. :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
05-03-2010, 01:59 PM
I heard he was to be wearing the brace still but he didn't want anything to do with it??..??..??..??

SnakeEyes43
05-03-2010, 03:27 PM
I heard he was to be wearing the brace still but he didn't want anything to do with it??..??..??..??

Pretty much the same as last year when he refused to wear the brace. He said that it restricted his lateral field movements too much I believe. Anyway, they probably want him to wear the brace as a precautionary measure and if he doesn't want to, I'm fine with that. I'm sure Troy knows his own body better than anyone else, and if the knee feels good I say let him do his thing.

And yes, I have read nothing but good things about Smith's progression as well. I'm pretty sure he has been participating in the mini-camps and off-season workouts.

LarryNJ
05-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Has anyone heard anything about Troy's progress? I'm so anxious to see him this year in Tampa since I missed him in Jan in Miami!

You'll get to see him play! He wouldn't think of letting you down 2X's :yellowthumb:

TampaSteelGirl
05-03-2010, 03:34 PM
You'll get to see him play! He wouldn't think of letting you down 2X's :yellowthumb:

Thanks all great news!!!

Thanks Larry!!! I know he wouldnt' let me down this game!!! :yellowthumb:

nuclearchihuahuas
05-03-2010, 04:05 PM
On the Progress front...NFL network is reporting that Ben will be back for the next OTAs in June :tt02:

coldrolled
05-03-2010, 04:23 PM
On the Progress front...NFL network is reporting that Ben will be back for the next OTAs in June :tt02:

is it 100% that ben can reduce 2 weeks... or can he reduce the time to three weeks if he is real good....

nuclearchihuahuas
05-03-2010, 04:27 PM
I haven't heard about any thing other than 2 weeks off for good behavior--maybe he can apply for leniency for being "real good"...the worst the commish can do is say 'no'...I really would like to have him available for all divisional games---as it is he will miss the first ravens game.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Getting Aaron Smith and Troy back will be absolutely huge for this team, and vital to any success we're going to have in 2010. It's painfully evident how average we really are without those 2 players in the lineup.

I wouldn't expect Troy or Aaron to miss any time once the season starts but I'd suspect they'll have more light duty in training camp as they continue to get ready for the season.

nuclearchihuahuas
05-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Getting Aaron Smith and Troy back will be absolutely huge for this team, and vital to any success we're going to have in 2010. It's painfully evident how average we really are without those 2 players in the lineup.

I wouldn't expect Troy or Aaron to miss any time once the season starts but I'd suspect they'll have more light duty in training camp as they continue to get ready for the season.

You are probably right about the light duty...I noticed earlier that someone...and I apologize for not knowing who contributed it right now...stated that Troy didn't want to play with his knee brace...does any one have 'eyes' on the situation? Is he working out with a knee brace? It seems to me if he can get used to it during OTAs and training camp, he'd have a much better chance of surviving the season in tact and play at near normal speed...or has Troy already ruled that out?

Black@Gold Forever32
05-03-2010, 05:23 PM
I hope Troy stays healthy but I count on him getting hurt like he always does.....

cmerrifield
05-03-2010, 05:43 PM
If Troy stays healthy, and I heard he is 100% but they are being careful with him, just so the knee is back into full speed all day, right away, and with the addition of McFadden back our defense will be back to one of the tops. Also, I know Gay didnt do great last year, but he excelled in the nickel two years ago, he will be an excellent nickel back again for us.

steelfury455
05-03-2010, 09:47 PM

And it would make a great deal of sense not to use him on special teams again...

LatrobePA
05-03-2010, 10:14 PM
:clap::clap: I still shake my head thinking about that!!!

And it would make a great deal of sense not to use him on special teams again...

JensK
05-04-2010, 03:53 AM

Shouldnt be necessary anyways with all the new additions to ST this year. From what im hearing, Troy is feeling good, but they are still very cautious about that damn knee. I don't get why they don't force him to wear a brace untill end of training camp to make sure it heals up 100 %. Those Knee injuries takes so long to go away completely.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-04-2010, 08:16 AM
As long as the ST players who actually make the team because of their ST abilities, show up and play the way they are supposed too then we won't need guys like Harrison, Polamalu, Timmons, etc. out there on ST. I would think we won't see Troy on ST at all this year regardless of how healthy he is. It's just not worth the risk.

Real Deal Steel
05-04-2010, 11:41 PM
I agree top gun.

As bad as people want to talk about how the defense let us down after Troy went down, If the special teams were just average last year, we would have been 10-6.

We set an NFL record for allowing the most consecutive games with a punt return/Kick off TD's.

DanRooney
05-05-2010, 03:03 PM
I agree top gun.

As bad as people want to talk about how the defense let us down after Troy went down, If the special teams were just average last year, we would have been 10-6.

We set an NFL record for allowing the most consecutive games with a punt return/Kick off TD's.

If our special teams was average, I think we would have been 12-4

JollyRob68
05-05-2010, 03:13 PM
The Biggest loss we had last year was Aaron Smith. Any year he goes down so does our playoff chances. When he's healthy we make the playoffs and have a shot at the superbowl.