PDA

View Full Version : I need some help picking a college team to follow...

coach
05-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Over the past few years I have increased my knowledge of college football to enhance my NFL draft experience. I have just decided that I need to watch more college football. I am leaning toward following a SEC team given talent in that conference, but I have no particular alleigance to a conference. I want to watch the players that he Steelers will posssiblt draft.

Please let me know which teams you would recommend and why. I am going to make a decision soon and follow college football for the first time this year. What do you like about the team you recommend? What do they do well or what are they well know for?

:cope:

K Train
05-02-2010, 09:45 PM
i never really liked a team but loved college football because its exciting and i love the draft and seeing players go pro. south florida has grown on me with some decent defensive talent and an increasing program despite only being D-1 for a few years. theres teams i HATE but im not really tied to a team and wouldnt hate a player just because of the team he plays for.

Big T
05-03-2010, 04:40 AM
Florida Gators all the way lol...Nah im never bias when talking about the draft and draft prospects from Florida or from schools I hate...I love the draft and the draft process way too much to be bias. Id just say watch as much college football as you can and enjoy. Its a great game.

steelcitysfinestXL
05-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Over the past few years I have increased my knowledge of college football to enhance my NFL draft experience. I have just decided that I need to watch more college football. I am leaning toward following a SEC team given talent in that conference, but I have no particular alleigance to a conference. I want to watch the players that he Steelers will posssiblt draft.

Please let me know which teams you would recommend and why. I am going to make a decision soon and follow college football for the first time this year. What do you like about the team you recommend? What do they do well or what are they well know for?

:cope:

You'd probley get the most out of college football by watching whatever the Sat. Night game of the week is... usually one of the biggest games of the week. I personally like watching big ten/East football the best but to each his own... those are the local confrences in my area!

dawgs
05-03-2010, 11:57 AM
You can never go wrong with the Big Ten. Ohio State will most likely win it all this season.

Although its never good to pick a great team to root for, because then you are a front runner, unless its a home team.

K Train
05-03-2010, 12:14 PM
You can never go wrong with the Big Ten. Ohio State will most likely win it all this season.

Although its never good to pick a great team to root for, because then you are a front runner, unless its a home team.

ohio state most likely winning it all?....cause pryor is sooooo good lol

strong D
05-03-2010, 12:32 PM
penn state how can u not like joe pa

Zachintosh66
05-03-2010, 12:57 PM
pick a team in your region, easier to root for

Scorp
05-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Longhorns...nuff said.

Blazedby92
05-03-2010, 01:17 PM

I have heard that for the last 6 years and it makes me laugh everytime :hilarious:THANKS
The Little Engine that couldn't,
Hey I think Chris Leak just threw another TD on you guys
Atleast one of your teams are descent.

But anyway to answer the Thread
Just turn on the TV and whats on is what you watch and enjoy plus you can't just jump on a bandwagon and consider yourself a fan.:nono:

--- Added 5/3/2010 at 11:17 AM ---

Longhorns...nuff said.

WHO?
Oh never mind they are the team that got beat buy BAMA, Sorry :bunny:

andyg1984
05-03-2010, 01:20 PM
focus on watching players, not teams, usually kiper will give a breakdown of matchups to watch heading into the week if u have insider .. for ex one this year will be lsu vs Al... jones vs peterson

also, if you are looking for a college team ... UCF KNIGHTS ...

steelcitysfinestXL
05-04-2010, 10:48 AM

LMFAO, i've been a Penn State fan for life and i can no longer stand Joe-Pa... about the only thing he is good for now is laughs or telling stories. I think the recruits are more interested in Bradley, McQuery and Hall than Joe-Pa anymore, time to go!

tburg68
05-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Pull for any College team you like.................

Except for Ohio State, Michigan State, and Notre Dame!

dawgs
05-05-2010, 12:00 PM
ohio state most likely winning it all?....cause pryor is sooooo good lol

yes, much improved. Young guys can improve, I know shocking right. Buckeyes are just stacked, and I can't see anyone beating them.

I'll do a sig bet with ya lol.

--- Added 5/5/2010 at 10:00 AM ---

He's only there for recruiting(maybe), not like he coaches anymore. I love the guy, He is a legend. But it gets stupid after awhile.

andyg1984
05-05-2010, 04:35 PM
i usually dog OSU, but they do have a solid OL and Posey is fun to watch imo

dawgs
05-05-2010, 05:03 PM
focus on watching players, not teams, usually kiper will give a breakdown of matchups to watch heading into the week if u have insider .. for ex one this year will be lsu vs Al... jones vs peterson

also, if you are looking for a college team ... UCF KNIGHTS ...

Kiper is a dum dum. The only thing he got right was that Tebow would go in the 1st.

andyg1984
05-05-2010, 11:59 PM
lets not get the kiper talk going, lol .. but it is a good place to go to get all the matchups

so do u think posey declares this year?

Layin the wood
05-07-2010, 11:03 AM
I dont know if Posey will go pro this year because i think he will get double covered alot this year. He's been Pryor's go to guy the last couple of seasons. I think he will be a good WR in the NFL though!!:yellowthumb:

K Train
05-07-2010, 12:19 PM
yes, much improved. Young guys can improve, I know shocking right. Buckeyes are just stacked, and I can't see anyone beating them.

I'll do a sig bet with ya lol.

--- Added 5/5/2010 at 10:00 AM ---

He's only there for recruiting(maybe), not like he coaches anymore. I love the guy, He is a legend. But it gets stupid after awhile.

they arent that stacked and pryor does really blow *** as a passer. ill do a sig bet, not really worth it since i post everyday and you are once in a while, but im that confident

dawgs
05-07-2010, 01:23 PM
they arent that stacked and pryor does really blow *** as a passer. ill do a sig bet, not really worth it since i post everyday and you are once in a while, but im that confident

TP will be a much improved passer. He has a great arm, Just needs help on his footwork. They have a great OL, 4 RB's who could start for 85% of Colleges. Solid WR core lead by Posey, Carter. They have a really good TE.

They always have a good defense. They also have gained more speed on defense, which means they can play better aganist spead offense teams.

Sig bet- I bet Bucks will win the national championship and you say thay won't. Loser has to Use the Sig of the Winners choice for 2 weeks.

Dobre Shunka
05-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Watch em all, Root for STATE!

JoePa and company's latest recruitment looks promising.

jnes1216
05-09-2010, 12:15 AM
I would say try to catch games from different networks if you have the capability. That way you get a feel for each conference, and exposure to several different teams. You may find yourself being drawn to one conference or another. Being a huge follower of the draft, i may keep some notes on key players i saw during the season and see how they do during the bowl games. If nothing else, definitely watch the bowl games and Senior bowl to see how the big names do stand out and if any one steps up to play in the bigger games.

SteelerDan1973
05-09-2010, 03:05 AM
I would pick the USC Trojans. Not only have they given us Steelers fans Lynn Swann and Troy Polamalu but they have a fast hard-hitting defense.:2cents:

coach
05-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Excellent tips. Thanks.

DIESELMAN
05-09-2010, 01:00 PM
I would pick the USC Trojans. Not only have they given us Steelers fans Lynn Swann and Troy Polamalu but they have a fast hard-hitting defense.:2cents:
USC has been my college team since the 70's....Now that Carroll is in Seattle, its going to be interesting how they do, not just in games but in recruiting.

steelerfan11
05-11-2010, 05:03 PM

PSU SUCKS!!!! as well does most of the Big Ten!

dawgs
05-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Pittsburgh and USC on two different sides of the country. But whatever. I could never root for a team that far away, I'm a home team kinda guy I guess.

DIESELMAN
05-11-2010, 05:47 PM
It must really suck to live in Ohio then.

SteelDad
05-11-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm defintely a Big Ten guy, but really enjoy watching the SEC too. My best advice is just watch as many games from around the country as possible. It's always cool to see some small schools that have these 1 or 2 guys who stand out. Then when you watch the draft and you have even deeper knowledge. I remember watching this kid from Southern Miss leading his team over Alabama in the early 90's and thinking "Wow, this guy's pretty good. Might be a good pro someday." To me, that's what is so cool about watching many different games.

dawgs
05-16-2010, 02:23 PM
It must really suck to live in Ohio then.

Sports wise alittle lol. other then the bucks who are always real good. But I will aways stay true to my teams. It makes it that much sweatier when they finally win. I hope I'm still alive to see it.

It would suck to live in NY and be a Yankee's fan. Because they just buy world series titles. hardly ever earned.

venus88591
08-19-2010, 04:16 AM
It would suck to live in NY and be a Yankee's fan. :greenbounce2:

Blazedby92
08-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Pittsburgh and USC on two different sides of the country. But whatever. I could never root for a team that far away, I'm a home team kinda guy I guess.

I see that and I am so sorry, maybe you should move then:lol:

XLJohn
08-19-2010, 09:21 AM
The West Virginia Mountianeers is going to be a interesting team to watch this year One of the fastest running backs in football and a top 5 defense.......:crossfingers:.......

Silverback
09-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Pitt. Not only is it an obvious choice for anyone who already like the steelers but they are going to have a great team this year with Lewis and Romeus the guys to watch.

airbrake 1
09-05-2010, 02:36 PM
I second the penn state recommendation...i don't know what type of season they will have, but you will be watching what perhaps(but let's pray not) could be the final season of the greatest college football coach in history...bar none...GO STATE

xxxsteelernation
09-07-2010, 02:34 AM
Root for the Ducks this year they are going to shock everyone this year and finally win a national championship

Lunchbucket
09-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Pitt with Dion Lewis,Ray Graham,Jon Baldwin,Greg Romeus, Dom DeCicco should be fun to watch this year.