PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Nation thoughts on the draft . Who was your favorite pick

Gettysburgh_Steel
04-27-2010, 07:51 PM
I know as fans it really does not matter to the front office what we think . Well , in a mannor of speaking anyway .I wanted to know , according to the fans , who was your favorite pick of all , and why . Myself , i like pouncey, but the more i look into it , i favor dwyer . Interested in what the fan base thinks .

JensK
04-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Pouncey

strong D
04-27-2010, 07:53 PM
dwyer in the 6th i really like

SteelCityKid5
04-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Sanders

steelersbabex25
04-27-2010, 08:16 PM
dwyer in the 6th i really like

:plus1: I liked him too. And Pouncey.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-27-2010, 08:46 PM
I was very happy with Pouncey.....Since about about late Feb. is when I really wanted the Steelers to draft Pouncey....I'm tired of the clowns like Mahan and Hartwig.......The Steelers have a history of elite center play and I really want the team to get back to that level......

I also like the Emmanuel Sanders pick....I thought he was a sleeper in the draft and think he is going to be dynamic play-maker for the Steelers.....

I didn't have a problem with any of the picks in this class....I'm excited to watch these rookies in pre-season....

LatrobePA
04-27-2010, 08:57 PM
I was very happy with Pouncey.....Since about about late Feb. is when I really wanted the Steelers to draft Pouncey....I'm tired of the clowns like Mahan and Hartwig.......The Steelers have a history of elite center play and I really want the team to get back to that level......

I also like the Emmanuel Sanders pick....I thought he was a sleeper in the draft and think he is going to be dynamic play-maker for the Steelers.....

I didn't have a problem with any of the picks in this class....I'm excited to watch these rookies in pre-season....

Ditto, well said!!

SteelJunkie
04-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Pouncey, Dwyer, McFadden :P lol

K Train
04-27-2010, 09:34 PM
pouncey for obvious reasons....but i love dwyer and gibson

Black@Gold Forever32
04-27-2010, 09:37 PM
QUOTE=K Train;346581]pouncey for obvious reasons....but i love dwyer and gibson[/QUOTE]

Liar you don't love Gibson...just joking when the Steelers drafted Gibson I thought of you right away.....I had visions of you doing back flips...lol

K Train
04-27-2010, 09:43 PM
gibson is the ONE player i truly wanted more than anyone, he was my this years daniel sepulveda and i just have a knack for hitting 4th round picks balls on lol

Black@Gold Forever32
04-27-2010, 09:45 PM
gibson is the ONE player i truly wanted more than anyone, he was my this years daniel sepulveda and i just have a knack for hitting 4th round picks balls on lol

I don't have a problem with Gibson........I think he a ton of potential just shocked they drafted him after they drafted Worilds....I just hope both we be beasts for us....

K Train
04-27-2010, 09:53 PM
i was shocked too, they actually picked up good value in the mid rounds and didnt thirst for my tears by taking some training fodder lol

Black@Gold Forever32
04-27-2010, 09:57 PM
tremendous value......I think Gibson and Worilds potentially could be the next great OLB duo for this team...I hope by drafting these two they don't plan on resigning Woodley......I would hate to lose Woodley...

Bones
04-27-2010, 10:27 PM
I loved the Dwyer pick, especially in the 6th round.

Real Deal Steel
04-28-2010, 12:17 AM

Exactly. I think we addressed every need except SS.

Big T
04-28-2010, 03:47 AM
Absolutely love the Pouncey pick, love the Gibson pick, and thought Dwyer was tremendous value in the 6th...he was a potential late first rounder coming out but his stock just kept falling...Im fine with that lol...I think he can ultimately be the #2 back on the depth chart...

Gibson was a great value in the 4th...He has the skill and ability of a 1st rounder but the production just wasnt there at Ohio State....I wouldve liked him in the 2nd so I obviously love him in the 4th....

Layin the wood
04-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Loved all of the LB picks. Stevenson Sylvester is going to be a good ILB after Farrior leaves. The Dwyer pick in the 6th round is the steal of the draft!!:cope:

Iron City South
04-28-2010, 01:19 PM
I loved the Dwyer pick, especially in the 6th round.

:plus1:

My top 3 are:

Dwyer
Sanders
Pouncy

Blazedby92
04-28-2010, 01:38 PM
POUNCEY!!!:cope:
The only pick I didn't like was the one we didn't make and that was for a good safety.
Is there any good ones coming out next year because we really need to start looking.

ejsteeler
04-28-2010, 02:44 PM
It's hard to tell now obviously but, I think Dwyer may end up being the best value....

tburg68
04-28-2010, 03:03 PM
My favorite pick is Gibson, because I think you get first round Pro Bowl talent in the 4th.

Dwyer is second favorite for reasons similar to the above.

I love the Pouncey pick and think he will be great, but I would have picked Bulaga since he was still on the board.

K Train
04-28-2010, 03:14 PM
bulaga has a much higher bust factor than pouncey imo and i loved bulaga...they went with a sure thing though

tburg68
04-28-2010, 03:22 PM
bulaga has a much higher bust factor than pouncey imo and i loved bulaga...they went with a sure thing though

I understand the Pouncey logic, and I think he will be the next great Steeler center. I just fell in love with Bulaga watching Big Ten games, and especially the Orange Bowl when he made Morgan look like a high schooler.

Dobre Shunka
04-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Really like the Sanders pickup and I didn't see that one at all.

He is a beast for a WR, has in line speed, and still is not afraid to go over the middle or lay someone out w/ a block.

Great pick in the 3rd.