PDA

View Full Version : Is Harrison to ILB in 2011 farfetched???

tburg68
04-27-2010, 01:14 PM
With the drafting of 3 OLB's, is it a stretch to think the Steelers could transition Harrison inside as long as Worilds or Gibson show sack production by the end of next year? Harrison is a beast against the run, and I actually think he could even be better on the inside next to Timmons, than he was on the outside. This is all dependent of course on one of the rookies stepping up and being productive outside. I believe that is very realistic with Gibson. I see Worilds maybe more as a 3rd down pass rusher.

ejsteeler
04-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Good point. I don't see it happening but it wouldn't break my heart either....:dunno:

Layin the wood
04-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Interesting idea! Dont know if it would work but never say never.

strong D
04-27-2010, 02:04 PM
i thought before the draft harrison would take over for farrior in a yr or 2 and timmoms would move outside imo timmons is the best pass rusher on the team now after the draft idk

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Harrison actually did start out playing inside when he was first getting time with the starters. He can play both which makes him very valuable, and another reason why they drafted OLB's this year. If for some reason Farrior, Foot, or Timmons were go to down for a length of time and we needed help then they could move HArrison inside to help out.

That being side, you don't take the sack production that Harrison gives you out of the equation unless you have too. There's no reason to think there is a plan to move James inside unless injuries would dictate.

strong D
04-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Harrison actually did start out playing inside when he was first getting time with the starters. He can play both which makes him very valuable, and another reason why they drafted OLB's this year. If for some reason Farrior, Foot, or Timmons were go to down for a length of time and we needed help then they could move HArrison inside to help out.

That being side, you don't take the sack production that Harrison gives you out of the equation unless you have too. There's no reason to think there is a plan to move James inside unless injuries would dictate.

just my opinion tg but a whole yr on the outside with timmons i believe he could lead the league in sacks

K Train
04-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Interesting idea! Dont know if it would work but never say never.

dont know if it would work? harrisons biggest strengths are playing the run and shedding blocks...exactly what a MLB needs to do. he is a way better fit for the inside and yet he dominates on the outside which is incredible.

i was saying if we draft graham in the first, bump harrison in and let graham and woodley tear **** up but we basically did the same thing drafting 2 potential star OLB speed rushers

LatrobePA
04-27-2010, 02:27 PM
I like it, I'll call Tomlin and have him change the play book ASAP! hahahahaha

DanRooney
04-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Hopefully Farrior retires soon :crossfingers:

SteelCityKid5
04-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Its not Farrior's fault. Its just that hes getting old and has had trouble covering RBs out of the back field. Nothing against him, he's been a great LB but father time is always undefeated.

K Train
04-27-2010, 03:59 PM
well obviously its not his fault, but it sucks that hes the slowest guy on the field and we wont bench him cause of how much of an asset he WAS to the team. the man used to run a 4.4, thats amazing. hes been great for us but hes lost 3 steps

LatrobePA
04-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Shelf his ***...Love the guy but he's lost out there at times!

blevstone
04-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Well technically we only drafted 2 guys who are slated to be OLBs, Sylvester is going to be an ILB but I don't think it's crazy to think he could transition inside later on. We did bring back Larry Foote who is a solid ILB for depth but Farrior is getting older and soon enough I think that if Worilds and/or Gibson develop into legitimate pass rushers for us, it would only make sense to make that transition.

K Train
04-27-2010, 04:17 PM
anyone remember when harrison was filling in for farrior against the chargers and picked off brees and hurdled LT?...yeah well thats what he brings to the table. imo hes the best LB against the run in the league and is so strong guards wont like taking him on cause he can blow up guards all day

strong D
04-27-2010, 04:58 PM
anyone remember when harrison was filling in for farrior against the chargers and picked off brees and hurdled LT?...yeah well thats what he brings to the table. imo hes the best LB against the run in the league and is so strong guards wont like taking him on cause he can blow up guards all day

i agree and i really thought timmons would be moving outside but idk

andyg1984
04-27-2010, 04:58 PM
with as bad as farrior looked at times last year i would be surprised if it was not their plans to move harrison inside by 2011 ... i think harrison would be awesome in the middle until his gas runs out as well ..

which begs the question - how much gas does harrison have left in the tank?

Black@Gold Forever32
04-27-2010, 05:10 PM

I'll never forget it.......Great play and I jumped out of my seat when Harrison did that.....

SnakeEyes43
04-27-2010, 05:29 PM
with as bad as farrior looked at times last year i would be surprised if it was not their plans to move harrison inside by 2011 ... i think harrison would be awesome in the middle until his gas runs out as well ..

which begs the question - how much gas does harrison have left in the tank?

That is another issue that worries me....Harrison is no young pup. I've heard him say that because he wasn't a starter for so long that he feels young because he has little wear and tear on his body. But idk age catches up to everyone, regardless of activity level...especially football players. And yes, Farrior has clearly lost quite a few steps these last few years, I figured that's why we brought Foote back, to rotate with Farrior if needed. Anyway, I would love to see Harrison move to ILB and Timmons to outside. It would be cool if they started at their normal positions, then switch at certain points during the game...idk, it would probably throw alot of teams off-guard and would certainly be unexpected.

tburg68
04-27-2010, 05:53 PM
dont know if it would work? harrisons biggest strengths are playing the run and shedding blocks...exactly what a MLB needs to do. he is a way better fit for the inside and yet he dominates on the outside which is incredible.

i was saying if we draft graham in the first, bump harrison in and let graham and woodley tear **** up but we basically did the same thing drafting 2 potential star OLB speed rushers

Harrison and Timmons on the inside would be a perfect pairing in the 3-4. Add Wood and Gibson on the outside: Yeah Baby!