1/4 cup chopped Onion
1 teaspoon Parsley Flakes
1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 cup Milk
1 tablespoon Flour
1/2 pound American Cheese, diced

Preparation:
In a large saucepan combine potatoes, water, celery, carrots, onion, parsley flakes, bouillon cube and seasoning. Mix well, cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add milk to flour, mixing until well blended. Add milk mixture to vegetables; cook until thickened. Add cheese and stir until melted. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

steelersgal86
04-27-2010, 01:06 PM
thanks Ohio...sounds good..have been wanting to make potato soup...

StlersGuy
04-27-2010, 02:19 PM
thanks Ohio...sounds good..have been wanting to make potato soup...

:yesnod: welcome

Gettysburgh_Steel
04-27-2010, 02:57 PM
I love potato soup . I have my own way of making it , but no matter how you make potato soup it always seems to be awesome .

Any kind of rope sausage you like .
Brown and fry in the same pot you will make the soup in .In the mean time while the sausage is cooking , peel and dice potatoes into as big of chunks as you like .
When the sausage is finished , remove it from the pot , and add as much water to cover the amount of potatoes that you chunked up . Maybe an inch above the potatoes.
Cut onions, (green i like ). You can use leeks also . Chop carrots if you like and celery too . I like fresh parsly at the end before you serve the soup . Add all of the ingredients you have chopped (except parsely ) with the potatoes ,boil about 5-10 min . (give or take)
Slice sausage in thin or thick as you like slices , and add to the mixture . When the potatoes,And whatever you added are as done as you would like , add , never drain the water ,one half pint of heavy cream , one can of evaporated milk (not sweetened),salt and pepper too taste , and the biggest chunk of butter you can stand . I like a whole quarter cause i aint afraid . And i make a big ole pot when i do it . Do not boil after you have added the cream . Remove from the heat and add your chopped parsely and enjoy .

steelersgal86
04-27-2010, 03:14 PM
:drool: sounds good....i put in dumplings also

Deb
05-04-2010, 10:43 PM
I love potato soup . I have my own way of making it , but no matter how you make potato soup it always seems to be awesome .

Any kind of rope sausage you like .
Brown and fry in the same pot you will make the soup in .In the mean time while the sausage is cooking , peel and dice potatoes into as big of chunks as you like .
When the sausage is finished , remove it from the pot , and add as much water to cover the amount of potatoes that you chunked up . Maybe an inch above the potatoes.
Cut onions, (green i like ). You can use leeks also . Chop carrots if you like and celery too . I like fresh parsly at the end before you serve the soup . Add all of the ingredients you have chopped (except parsely ) with the potatoes ,boil about 5-10 min . (give or take)
Slice sausage in thin or thick as you like slices , and add to the mixture . When the potatoes,And whatever you added are as done as you would like , add , never drain the water ,one half pint of heavy cream , one can of evaporated milk (not sweetened),salt and pepper too taste , and the biggest chunk of butter you can stand . I like a whole quarter cause i aint afraid . And i make a big ole pot when i do it . Do not boil after you have added the cream . Remove from the heat and add your chopped parsely and enjoy .

Gonna try that tomorrow