PDA

View Full Version : Ben's head trauma to blame?

SnakeEyes43
04-26-2010, 07:35 PM
This was an interesting article I thought, that made some interesting points. Ben's head has been through some major sh*t. The motorcycle accident and the concussions that have followed. The article mentions that "people who suffer repeated head injuries often exhibit signs of aggression, childishness, impaired self-control, inappropriate sexual activity and alcohol abuse, according to the National Institutes of Health". This matches up with Ben's behavior the last couple of years fairly well. I don't know, Ben has made some really dumb decisions, and so many people say that it just "isn't in his character"... well could all the head trauma be to blame? I'm not saying this is the cause, but I thought it was an interesting look at the problems Big Ben has gotten into with his "little Ben".

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/Report_Big_Ben_Problems_Tied_To_Head_Trauma/2496843

SteelCityKid5
04-26-2010, 07:51 PM
I read this and think this could only be used as an excuse. No, he was a douche before his accident and concussions.

K Train
04-26-2010, 08:11 PM
thats a reach lol

nuclearchihuahuas
04-26-2010, 08:18 PM
NO...its not a reach at all...the field I work in allows me to see this very thing every week...also, the volunteer work I do I have seen closed head injuries alter personalities and change behavior --check the medical journals--I think this is a very likely scenario--I brought this very subject up before in another post. The problem is that if this is true then Ben cannot continue to sustain head injuries.

K Train
04-26-2010, 08:24 PM
he was a douche in college and always (like any college male) tried to get drunk and bang some girls....this isnt unusual behavior at all lol

HUNT4SEVEN
04-26-2010, 08:47 PM
he was a douche in college and always (like any college male) tried to get drunk and bang some girls....this isnt unusual behavior at all lol

:hehheh:Ben has no one to blame but himself, Cowher told the @$$ hole to ride his bike with a helmet he didn't...like KTrain said he likes to wrestle girls panties off with out paying for em, i read a article today that said the reason he had body guards was because a boyfriend at a bar pulled his gun on Ben when he found Ben talking to his girlfriend, Ben has to stop thinking with the wrong head that's all...Just because no charges were filed against Ben does not mean he's innocent. If this article is true then Ben should retire and get some help since the accident and concussions is making him act this way:willybs:...

nuclearchihuahuas
04-26-2010, 08:54 PM
:hehheh:Ben has no one to blame but himself, Cowher told the @$$ hole to ride his bike with a helmet he didn't...like KTrain said he likes to wrestle girls panties off with out paying for em, i read a article today that said the reason he had body guards was because a boyfriend at a bar pulled his gun on Ben when he found Ben talking to his girlfriend, Ben has to stop thinking with the wrong head that's all...Just because no charges were filed against Ben does not mean he's innocent. If this article is true then Ben should retire and get some help since the accident and concussions is making him act this way:willybs:...

This is what I am saying...I hope they get all the imaging of his brain possible and then decide if he has a true closed head injury or not--if he does we need to start and keep Dixon if he doesn't then he's just a "douche bag" to quote KTrain and needs a good *** kicking--oh wait, the Commish already took care of that!

SteelDad
04-26-2010, 09:33 PM
The bigger problem within this entire 'brain scan and evaluation thing' is not whether or not this is the cause or a cause of his behavior but rather, imagine the precedent this could set for the future of players in the league! Any player who gets so much as a parking ticket could then be ordered to undergo psychological testing. The power the league office would have over players would be beyond our imaginations. Any eval deemed to be less than satisfactory could cost a guy his career. How do we know BR's report won't come back with all kinds of red flags with everything from concussions to his dad didn't play catch with him enough as a child. I am in no way defending BR's actions, but does anyone else see my point here? He is clearly being made the poster child for bad behavior and this thing could easily snowball. Did Pac-Man have an eval like this???

steelfury455
04-26-2010, 09:36 PM
From everything I've read he's been like this prior to becoming a Steeler so it has nothing to do with that accident. But I can go to the local strip of bars and see the same behavior from 90% of the guys. Guess there's alot of head injuries...

DanRooney
04-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Ben is a ****ing badass

steelersbabex25
04-26-2010, 10:12 PM
No..he's always been an ******* from what I've heard.

75Steeler
04-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Yeah I'm not buying into the head injury theory either. He knows the difference between right and wrong. He made bad personal choices and got himself in some hot water. Not to mention the girls in these incidents are not innocent either. But this is just :deadhorse:

JensK
04-27-2010, 05:05 AM
There is no doubt that the head injuries in general is going to cause problems for some players at some point in their lives. Its been well proven, that a head cant take that much beating without some part of it snapping at one point. Ben, however, is just a young guy, single, with lots of money out to have fun. Sure, he is a jerk and he did hurt his own image, but calling for his head is pretty harsh. The whole zero-tolerence policy Steelers is trying to enforce is rather stupid honestly; These are guys, normally with a very very poor background, who are young, successful and just got a bunch of money for the first time in their lives. They are going to do something stupid someway or another, its bound to happen. Instead of hating them and throwing them out, the Steelers organization should man up and help them move on, just like....dare i say it... Bengals do. They'll give a player a second chance to make things right. Sometimes it pans out for them, sometimes i don't, but they did show a lot of goodwill by doing so.

With that being said, i do not think what Ben did was alright, but i am saying that calling for his head is way to much. I do not think its because of his head injuries yet, but the theory is not that far-fetched.

SteelDad
04-27-2010, 08:48 AM
He may be an ***, a jerk and whatever else, but he's the QB of my team. Would I prefer he had a cleaner image? Of course, but this business is about winning and he gives us the best chance to do it.

SteelCityKid5
04-27-2010, 10:15 AM
With all that said, he's still a douche.

TampaSteelGirl
04-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Booze makes you take back stuff you never stole......:OA02:

SnakeEyes43
04-27-2010, 01:01 PM
He may be an ***, a jerk and whatever else, but he's the QB of my team. Would I prefer he had a cleaner image? Of course, but this business is about winning and he gives us the best chance to do it.

Yep, that's pretty much what this whole situation boils down to. I will support Ben as a player, but he has to earn my repsect back as a man.

HUNT4SEVEN
04-27-2010, 05:37 PM
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Ben_Roethlisberger/907484 Do head injuries cause this to happen also?

LatrobePA
04-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Thanks! Smashing his head off the car didn't help I'm sure but I doubt it has anything to do with his arrogance...:popcorn:

No..he's always been an ******* from what I've heard.

SnakeEyes43
04-27-2010, 06:38 PM
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Ben_Roethlisberger/907484 Do head injuries cause this to happen also?

Haha, yeah I heard about that a while ago. And actually the article mentions that people who suffer repeated head injuries often exhibit signs of aggression, childishness, impaired self-control, inappropriate sexual activity and alcohol abuse. So yeah, maybe the head injuries could be a factor in this case as well. Who knows though? Not any of us. All we can do is speculate as to why our $100 million dollar QB is making such bad decisions.

HUNT4SEVEN
04-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Haha, yeah I heard about that a while ago. And actually the article mentions that people who suffer repeated head injuries often exhibit signs of aggression, childishness, impaired self-control, inappropriate sexual activity and alcohol abuse. So yeah, maybe the head injuries could be a factor in this case as well. Who knows though? Not any of us. All we can do is speculate as to why our $100 million dollar QB is making such bad decisions.

Yea but this was a couple of years ago probably before he got into the Bike accident, Ben just needs to grow up seriously, it's well known in Pittsburgh that he was a @$$ hole, they just accepted it because he was winning games, i hear that 61% of fans don't like him now in Pittsburgh

Speeed
04-27-2010, 08:57 PM
This might be stretch, but something struck me today....

The president of the United States, who is married, basically gets naughty with a girl in the White House (on taxpayer time/dollars). He lies about it. Ben does the same in a bathroom, and he is not married. No charges are filed against either.

The press, the public, and the league treat Ben, and I will throw Tiger Williams in here too, treat the offending player/celebrities much harsher than the president was treated. In fact, the President received nay a hand-slap.

What is wrong with society? Why are we holding professional athletes to a higher standard than the friggin' President of the United States? The wife must have been beating him over the head for years.

ejsteeler
04-28-2010, 02:47 PM
......, i hear that 61% of fans don't like him now in Pittsburgh

All 61% will love him after #7. :yellowthumb: :cope:

KSSteelerfan
04-28-2010, 03:06 PM
I don't believe that bad judgement or stupidity on BB's part is really classified as a disability.:imho::hilarious::stirpot::duh::grin1:

JensK
04-28-2010, 06:29 PM
i hear that 61% of fans don't like him now in Pittsburgh

61% of the asked fans in Pittsburgh *

tburg68
04-29-2010, 01:54 PM
If we are talking about Ben's little head, it has been causing trauma to the entire Steeler organization for the last two years!

HUNT4SEVEN
04-30-2010, 02:00 AM
Gimme me some thoughts about this http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Police-officers-who-worked-for-Ben-Roethlisberger-under-investigation-042910 If this is he say she say stuff why are these guys maybe gonna lose their jobs?

ejsteeler
04-30-2010, 01:51 PM
because the media and the knee jerk reaction from the fans blew it way out of proportion.....:imho: