PDA

View Full Version : Statement by Ben Roethlisberger regarding his suspension

DBR96A
04-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Statement by Ben Roethlisberger regarding his suspension (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Statement-By-Ben-Roethlisberger-Regarding-His-Suspension/43bb2d11-6003-4873-9226-8962140ddc9a)

The Commissionerís decision to suspend me speaks clearly that more is expected of me. I am accountable for the consequences of my actions. Though I have committed no crime, I regret that I have fallen short of the values instilled in me by my family. I will not appeal the suspension and will comply with what is asked of me ─ and more.

Missing games will be devastating for me. I am sorry to let down my teammates and the entire Steelers fan base. I am disappointed that I have reached this point and will not put myself in this situation again.

I appreciate the opportunities that I have been given in my life and will make the necessary improvements.

OK, Ben. Now it's time to walk the walk.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Ok he said his peace, no need to berate the guy any more. He talked his talk, now as long as he walks the walk he'll be back by October and we can get on with life.

For those that wish he would hold a public press conference; at this point there's no way that is going to happen. Opening himself up to questions from the media would only make things worse and prolong this whole stupid ordeal. The Steelers want to keep him out of the public eye as much as possible and let this all go away in time. I don't suspect we'll hear much of anything until Ben gets evaluated by the NFL and their results are sent to Goodell to see if will be able to be cleared to practice with the team and participate in training camp, preseason, etc.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
04-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Given the story I've heard, I don't get why he's taking this suspension laying down. I really don't see where he's in violation of league policy.

LarryNJ
04-26-2010, 02:50 PM
If that's his entire statement I think it's a joke. Not that I expected anything more.

I'd guess that he'll do what they ask, be a good boy and be reinstated in week 5.

ejsteeler
04-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Ok he said his peace, no need to berate the guy any more. He talked his talk, now as long as he walks the walk he'll be back by October and we can get on with life.

For those that wish he would hold a public press conference; at this point there's no way that is going to happen. Opening himself up to questions from the media would only make things worse and prolong this whole stupid ordeal. The Steelers want to keep him out of the public eye as much as possible and let this all go away in time. I don't suspect we'll hear much of anything until Ben gets evaluated by the NFL and their results are sent to Goodell to see if will be able to be cleared to practice with the team and participate in training camp, preseason, etc.:yellowthumb:

Enough is enough......let's play some football!!!! :cope:

Big T
04-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Given the story I've heard, I don't get why he's taking this suspension laying down. I really don't see where he's in violation of league policy.

It would just cause way too many headaches and more of a distraction...he just wants to put this all behind him...

scudmissile29
04-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Let us celebrate as yet again we will have another mid round draft pick.

Don't worry Rahim Moore will be waiting there to put on the black and gold

HUNT4SEVEN
04-26-2010, 03:44 PM
If that's his entire statement I think it's a joke. Not that I expected anything more.

I'd guess that he'll do what they ask, be a good boy and be reinstated in week 5.

Thank u... i can't believe he said that dumb SH*T:rant2: what a loser...

LatrobePA
04-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Ben you're a PU**Y!

Written letter, scripted speach, LAME *** **** DUDE!

Do I think the suspension is too harsh YES, but this crap is lame!!

nuclearchihuahuas
04-26-2010, 03:55 PM
This is what I was waiting for...I thought it was well done and am willing to welcome back Ben! :tt02:

LatrobePA
04-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Me too, I just do not agree with how he's handled it....Nuff said from me!

This is what I was waiting for...I thought it was well done and am willing to welcome back Ben! :tt02:

--- Added 4/26/2010 at 03:37 PM ---

I lied, if I was Ben here is what I would of said:

YES, I did have relations with this girl, and YES she found out why I'm called Big Ben. It's not my fault she couldn't handle it. Sorry to Steeler Nation, I should of lubed up better!

Now I'm done!!!

$teelersRule
04-26-2010, 04:56 PM

YES, I did have relations with this girl, and YES she found out why I'm called Big Ben. It's not my fault she couldn't handle it. Sorry to Steeler Nation, I should of lubed up better!

Now I'm done!!!
:yellowthumb::yellowthumb::yellowthumb:

spyboots
04-26-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm sure any statement he gives is approved by his lawyers. Remember, he does have a civil case pending as well and is not allowed to comment on that, so that may be why they want very little said at all in this instance as well.

SteelCityKid5
04-26-2010, 07:11 PM
If no one saw this on ESPN, I thought Id share this. It basically sums up how I feel about Ben... confused

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5133803

Bones
04-26-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm willing to welcome him back, but I think he has a long way to go towards showing the organization, his teammates, and the fans that he's serious and wants to rebuild the trust he has lost by putting himself in embarrassing situations. It's real easy to stand up there, look remorseful and read a prepared statement that I'm sure he was coached through...actions speak louder than words.

steelers4life66
04-26-2010, 10:21 PM

YES, I did have relations with this girl, and YES she found out why I'm called Big Ben. It's not my fault she couldn't handle it. Sorry to Steeler Nation, I should of lubed up better! :hump:

Stlrs4Life
04-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Actions speak louder than words. We'll see.

Real Deal Steel
04-26-2010, 11:37 PM
Time will tell. Just let it be. He's done all he can do at this point.

JensK
04-27-2010, 04:13 AM
I'm willing to welcome him back, but I think he has a long way to go towards showing the organization, his teammates, and the fans that he's serious and wants to rebuild the trust he has lost by putting himself in embarrassing situations. It's real easy to stand up there, look remorseful and read a prepared statement that I'm sure he was coached through...actions speak louder than words.

Agreed. For my part though, i really don't care what he does to win fans back, or even the Rooneys. What i really want is for him to win his teammates back, because thats the chemistry we need to win games, and at the end of the day, thats what all fans want. Winning can cure a lot of mistakes.

Iron City South
04-27-2010, 06:38 AM
Ben is still an emotionless walking index card at this point.

Nothing has changed ....