PDA

View Full Version : A Raven's fans perspective on Big Ben

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
04-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Haven't posted in awhile. Congrats to the Steelers on a solid draft. Just thought I'd give my two cents on Ben since I've avoided this place since the whole mess broke.

Regardless of Ben's personality and character flaws...the dude got hosed. Not only did he get hosed, the Steelers franchise got hosed. IMO the comish is drunk with power. Sure Ben has made some dumb decisions, but if the comish wants to start handing out suspensions for every girl who pops up with a story, he's going to wreck the league. He's using a slickly passed clause in the CBA to practice his own brand of selective justice on the league. Maybe I'm missing something here, but how can you penalize a guy for doing something wrong if it hasn't been proven that he did it? We're talking millions of dollars here.

Team issues aside...people want to make Ben a villain because he goes out and parties hard. Because he flirts with girls at bars. Last time I checked that's what bars are for, and 20 year girls aren't supposed to be in them.

I'll probably get flamed for posting this, but whatever...

K Train
04-26-2010, 03:26 PM
pretty much how i think. i think hes a douche, but i dont care about any of that. i didnt want him to get suspended, but i didnt want vick, pacman or any other player because i think its stupid. even if that little homo flacco got accused of this i wouldnt want him to be suspended id just make fun of him and the ravens

DBR96A
04-26-2010, 03:36 PM
As far as I'm concerned, people can call Ben Roethlisberger an "idiot," a "douchebag," or even an "immature punk," and they'd be justified in doing so. But calling him a "rapist" is crossing the line.

K Train
04-26-2010, 03:39 PM
they could call him a rapist if that was the case at all. he didnt rape anyone, he probably tried to get laid but sexual assault can be pulling your balls out and calling her a bitch. rapist is a little harsh since its probably the most unforgivable crime in society.

ejsteeler
04-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Haven't posted in awhile. Congrats to the Steelers on a solid draft. Just thought I'd give my two cents on Ben since I've avoided this place since the whole mess broke.

Regardless of Ben's personality and character flaws...the dude got hosed. Not only did he get hosed, the Steelers franchise got hosed. IMO the comish is drunk with power. Sure Ben has made some dumb decisions, but if the comish wants to start handing out suspensions for every girl who pops up with a story, he's going to wreck the league. He's using a slickly passed clause in the CBA to practice his own brand of selective justice on the league. Maybe I'm missing something here, but how can you penalize a guy for doing something wrong if it hasn't been proven that he did it? We're talking millions of dollars here.

Team issues aside...people want to make Ben a villain because he goes out and parties hard. Because he flirts with girls at bars. Last time I checked that's what bars are for, and 20 year girls aren't supposed to be in them.

:yellowthumb: Welcome back.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Hopefully we can all put this behind us now and move on, Ben said his peace today, he'll serve his time and get back on the field asap...everybody who wanted to crucify Ben will still be cheering for him when he starts throwing TD's this season but those of us that stood by him and wear our Ben jersey's now till be the ones that can say we never gave up on him.

Regardless, Im glad it's hopefully over now and we can dissect these draft picks and free agents to see how they will help our team this season.

Big T
04-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Exactly what I've been saying...nice post

LarryNJ
04-26-2010, 04:09 PM
those of us that stood by him and wear our Ben jersey's now till be the ones that can say we never gave up on him.

I have no problem with someone standing behind him. If he was my son I'd do the same. But he's just a QB who I won't stand behind even when he does throw the game winning TD. My cheers will be for the STeelers not for Ben and my kids won't ever wear there number 7 jerseys again.

scudmissile29
04-26-2010, 04:37 PM
the little boy with leukimia at the draft, all he will remember when he spoke the pick

the jet fans "she said no she said no she said no" it's sad really, i dont like what ben did.

but im not conding this or wishing, if that girl gets raped i wouldnt give a ****, 1 because now she has experinced it opposed to gold digging whores, nobody would believe her, like the boy who cried wolf.

just saying.

ejsteeler
04-26-2010, 04:39 PM
the little boy with leukimia at the draft, all he will remember when he spoke the pick

the jet fans "she said no she said no she said no" it's sad really, i dont like what ben did.

but im not conding this or wishing, if that girl gets raped i wouldnt give a ****, 1 because now she has experinced it opposed to gold digging whores, nobody would believe her, like the boy who cried wolf.

just saying.

:thinking:

HUNT4SEVEN
04-26-2010, 04:49 PM
I have no problem with someone standing behind him. If he was my son I'd do the same. But he's just a QB who I won't stand behind even when he does throw the game winning TD. My cheers will be for the STeelers not for Ben and my kids won't ever wear there number 7 jerseys again.

Well said Larry NJ and i agree with u 100%:clap:

K Train
04-26-2010, 04:54 PM
little harsh saying you wouldnt stand behind him or cheer for him...he has only had fingers pointed at him

SteelJunkie
04-26-2010, 05:16 PM

Ya alot of people feel that way, but thats ok my daughter and I found all kinds of Ben gear in the clearance rack. :)

Ibleedblk&gld
04-26-2010, 05:19 PM
those jackass fans at the draft should have been booted...they need to control those *******s b/c some of the **** gets out of hand...that was classless and uncalled for

they chanted that when rod announced the pick as well

75Steeler
04-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Goodell has issued the punnishment and Ben has responded. Now he needs to live up to his words, serve his suspension and get the evaluation. Then Goodell will cut it to 4 games and we can get back to football and Ben winning games.

Blazedby92
04-26-2010, 05:48 PM

Are you saying you have done no wrong because I am sure someone has lied on you before but I guess it's different with you, you really didn't do it.
If he was charged I would be right there with you but he wasn't and it should be the end of it.
So your kids are going to believe everyone is guilty no matter what even if it wasn't proven.:evilshake:

SteelCityKid5
04-26-2010, 06:18 PM
This is the oddest time in my life as being a fan of any team.

LatrobePA
04-26-2010, 06:36 PM
LOL, It's the love / hate thing, double edge sword! The dude can play football and has done us good over the years. But look out if we should go 0-4, remember what happened to Tommy's yard after losing a game!!

This is the oddest time in my life as being a fan of any team.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2010, 08:06 PM

Nice fair post and I never have had a problem with you Joe Flacco.....

steelersbabex25
04-26-2010, 10:16 PM

Agree with you 100%. People are trying to hold him up to a higher standard because he's a football player..keywords football player not saint. In my eyes he didn't really do anything wrong.

Real Deal Steel
04-27-2010, 12:38 AM
As far as I'm concerned, people can call Ben Roethlisberger an "idiot," a "douchebag," or even an "immature punk," and they'd be justified in doing so. But calling him a "rapist" is crossing the line.

Exactly.

franchise3
04-27-2010, 08:46 AM
If Goodell is trying to be such a cool guy with handing out fines then he should fine the Jets for the behavior of their fans at draft. Remember, he fined Steelers $200,000 last week...

A Pac
04-27-2010, 08:57 AM

i agree. ben is ABSOLUTELY GUILTY... of being the biggest moron on the planet. he's not a rapist. man whore? yes. high on himself? absolutely. sexual abuser? probably not. only two people on this planet actually know what happened and we will never know what truly happened that night. he may be an ignorant prick, an arrogant a-hole and an unbelievably cocky jerk, but he's probably not guilty.

also, i totally agree with mike golic. ben is being given an opportunity to get his act straight and reduce his suspension to four games. if he doesn't do everything in his power to do this, and doesn't follow what the league says: he should be suspended even longer. if he doesn't learn his lesson, he is even more of a moron than expected.

tburg68
04-27-2010, 01:29 PM

just saying.

No speaka Inglish.

bobbybelliv
04-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Damn right!!!

RIVERS OF STEEL
04-28-2010, 11:32 AM
"A Raven's fans perspective on Big Ben"

RAY LEWIS NUFF SAID.

LatrobePA
04-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Did Ray miss playing time?

Blazedby92
04-28-2010, 01:28 PM
I think but we all know he killed someone after the SB, that's why the rats made it the next year the NFL wanted to keep RAY RAY of the streets.:lol:

Dobre Shunka
04-28-2010, 04:22 PM
I can't even call Ben a moron or douche cuz I don't know, never met him, never spoke w/ him, and I don't believe hear-say. He hasn't treated me or anyone I know badly so to call him anything is not right. I'm hearing this a lot, well he maybe an a** but he's not a rapist! Well, I'm not convinced he's the arse you think he is too.

People are believing bad press and that's wrong. You judge a person on what you know, not what people say or what you hear.

JensK
04-28-2010, 06:26 PM
I think but we all know he killed someone after the SB, that's why the rats made it the next year the NFL wanted to keep RAY RAY of the streets.:lol:

Funny how most people are pretty fast to call for the whole "not guilty untill proven otherwise" when its ben, but obviously Ray Lewis did it, despite he was not found guilty.

Blazedby92
04-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Funny how most people are pretty fast to call for the whole "not guilty untill proven otherwise" when its ben, but obviously Ray Lewis did it, despite he was not found guilty.

Who may that be? Because if your meaning me I guess you jump to conclusions too fast.
:lol:=joking is used the wrong one I guess here :hilarious:
And if I do recall Ben and Ray's are alot different Ben accused of Rape
Ray accused of Murder
There was an actual body found in the murder case.
Bens case a girl screams rape but no proof

All we know neither RAY or BEN pulled the trigger:hilarious:=joking :imho::nahnah:

JensK
04-29-2010, 07:23 AM
Who may that be? Because if your meaning me I guess you jump to conclusions too fast.
:lol:=joking is used the wrong one I guess here :hilarious:
And if I do recall Ben and Ray's are alot different Ben accused of Rape
Ray accused of Murder
There was an actual body found in the murder case.
Bens case a girl screams rape but no proof

All we know neither RAY or BEN pulled the trigger:hilarious:=joking :imho::nahnah:

Nah, i ment in general :) All i was saying is, that back then, and still going on really, most people accuse Ray for being a killer, although it was never proven. In Ben's case, there seem to be plenty of evidence that something happened, yet everybody says that you are innocent untill proven otherwise.. I just find it funny thats all ^^

Dobre Shunka
05-01-2010, 12:51 AM
One huge diff is Ray Ray was CHARGED! There was enough probale cause to ARREST him.
Ben, has never been charged so they couldn't even find a shred of probable cause to file a charge against the man.

Lewis also reached a deal with the prosecution whereas he would testify against the murderers (plural intended) for a lighter sentence. Bottom-line, he evaded a murder charge (plea bargain) but was still found guilty of obstructing justice. He was convicted of that crime and served out a year of probation as a result and an undisclosed settlement with victim's families.

There are two bodies rotting in the ground as a result of that SB party!

scpc
05-03-2010, 09:57 PM
:clap:
One huge diff is Ray Ray was CHARGED! There was enough probale cause to ARREST him.
Ben, has never been charged so they couldn't even find a shred of probable cause to file a charge against the man.

Lewis also reached a deal with the prosecution whereas he would testify against the murderers (plural intended) for a lighter sentence. Bottom-line, he evaded a murder charge (plea bargain) but was still found guilty of obstructing justice. He was convicted of that crime and served out a year of probation as a result and an undisclosed settlement with victim's families.

There are two bodies rotting in the ground as a result of that SB party!
bravo:clap::clap::clap: