PDA

View Full Version : Now that the draft is over, I"ve got an idea

Real Deal Steel
04-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Why don't we go after Darren Sharper? A combination of him and Palamalou would allow either one to come down to the box on any given play but they both are ballhawks also.

Don't get me wrong, we still like Troy as the FS most of the time but Sharper would allow us to mix it up a few times and let Troy come down and play the run in spot sitiuations without us worrying about the opposing QB going deep on us.

Plus having him as a teacher to any other safety on the roster can only help. We would have a no passing zone because our pass rush looks to be much improved coming into the season. Think about it a minute and then give me your thoughts.

strong D
04-25-2010, 08:53 PM
i think he wants to much money

LatrobePA
04-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Read my mind...Tomlin and him are friends, maybe a discount??

Why don't we go after Darren Sharper? A combination of him and Palamalou would allow either one to come down to the box on any given play but they both are ballhawks also.

Don't get me wrong, we still like Troy as the FS most of the time but Sharper would allow us to mix it up a few times and let Troy come down and play the run in spot sitiuations without us worrying about the opposing QB going deep on us.

Plus having him as a teacher to any other safety on the roster can only help. We would have a no passing zone because our pass rush looks to be much improved coming into the season. Think about it a minute and then give me your thoughts.

strong D
04-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Read my mind...Tomlin and him are friends, maybe a discount??

theres no discount these are his last couple yrs he is looking to get paid imo

JensK
04-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Tomlin wont do it. I dont think he wants to mix friendship and business

LatrobePA
04-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Yea wishful thinking...

If Troy can stay healthy we're money, if not, uh oh!

theres no discount these are his last couple yrs he is looking to get paid imo

strong D
04-25-2010, 09:06 PM
bringin mcfadden back really helps out the secondary he will be the other starter next to ike

greg1964
04-25-2010, 09:33 PM
We (the Steelers) didn't resign Clark and sign Will Allen to being in Sharper, Beside T.P. is a S.S. not a F.S.

scudmissile29
04-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Im liking Rahim Moore next to Polamalu next year.

DanRooney
04-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Im liking Rahim Moore next to Polamalu next year.

Since you're a Lions fan now, I'm sure you would.

--- Added 4/25/2010 at 08:06 PM ---

We (the Steelers) didn't resign Clark and sign Will Allen to being in Sharper, Beside T.P. is a S.S. not a F.S.

lol like signing Will Allen is a big deal. It's another FA scrub like Arnaz Battle.

cmerrifield
04-25-2010, 10:07 PM

lol like signing Will Allen is a big deal. It's another FA scrub like Arnaz Battle.

You cant blame MT for making sure we have the best special teams team in the league next year :yesnod:

SteelCityKid5
04-25-2010, 10:16 PM
I read on PG+ awhile back Tomlin already shot that idea down because they are too good of friends. He wants too much money, I dont think hed fit out scheme and we already resigned and signed Clark and Allen. I think were done signing FA's.

Real Deal Steel
04-25-2010, 10:29 PM

But that's fine. Because Sharper can man the field will Troy is in the box.

scudmissile29
04-25-2010, 10:42 PM

actually the lions took louis delmas 1st overall in the 2nd round 2009 draft, so why they select another free safety.

go walk off a cliff