PDA

View Full Version : Grading the Draft

Zachintosh66
04-25-2010, 06:53 PM
What do you give this years Steeler Draft picks?

SteelJunkie
04-25-2010, 07:04 PM
We addressed alot of needs, No safety but all round good draft. Got some OL love, McFadden came home, and good young depth at LB. The Wr's will also add depth and competition. Not to mention ST finally got some new meat that could help out.

JensK
04-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Gave it a "B", think it was a really good draft, but we passed on a few players i would have liked, hence no "A"

Black@Gold Forever32
04-25-2010, 07:34 PM
To early to grade....

JensK
04-25-2010, 07:37 PM
To early to grade....

Aww play along :lol: No really, i agree.. cant really grade until a couple of years, but i guess you can say if we addressed needs or not, which we did :)

K Train
04-25-2010, 08:24 PM
never too early to grade.

gave last years an F back then, if i had to regrade now id give it a C- just for mike wallace

this year at first glance i say A, thats how happy i am

SteelCityKid5
04-25-2010, 09:18 PM
I hate how people on TV are questioning 3 OLB's. I think they did it for depth and special teams which are both areas I felt needed addressed.

cmerrifield
04-25-2010, 09:23 PM
When your only OLB backup is your starting ILB or Bailey you have to do something, I think they went after Worilds on purpose and then Gibson fell in our lap. The other LB they are expecting to move inside. I loved the draft and gave it an A

JollyRob68
04-25-2010, 10:18 PM
I hate how people on TV are questioning 3 OLB's. I think they did it for depth and special teams which are both areas I felt needed addressed.

If they listen to the team end of draft videos they'll understand. I give them a B for the draft and getting BMac back. There are some things I might have done different but like they say Hind sight is 20/20.
I might of went for Cody in round 2 or Tate but understand that they wanted Sanders for his play at WR and special teams.
After watching the videos on steelers.com I came away with a better understaning of why they did what the did.

SUPER BOWL BABY

Big T
04-25-2010, 10:38 PM

2 OLBs and an ILB...Worilds has a ton of potential but will be a project for a few years and Thaddeus Gibson is an absolute tank...Stevenson Sylvester will be an ILB and is pretty quick and tackles real well...I dont know if he'll make the team but it wasnt a bad pick...

scudmissile29
04-25-2010, 10:53 PM
B-

I would of loved a defensive back in the first round (Safety) but we can get that next year in Moore when there isn't so much so talent.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-25-2010, 11:44 PM
never too early to grade.

gave last years an F back then, if i had to regrade now id give it a C- just for mike wallace

this year at first glance i say A, thats how happy i am

You made my point...lol You gave it an F right after the draft but now a C-.....A year from now it could be a B- or D-....lol

I'm not giving a grade on this current class since I do think its way to early to grade this draft class......But I do think this draft class has major potential and maybe could go down as one Colbert's best overall hopefully....

Big T
04-26-2010, 02:35 AM
I dont know how many times Ive said this, but I just can't stop...I absolutely love the Maurkice Pouncey pick.

add Thaddeus Gibson and Jonathan Dwyer, and I guess you can say, Im happy lol

coldrolled
04-26-2010, 07:02 AM
I dont know how many times Ive said this, but I just can't stop...I absolutely love the Maurkice Pouncey pick.

add Thaddeus Gibson and Jonathan Dwyer, and I guess you can say, Im happy lol

i with you on this, but worilds is even nicer... hes the bigger model of brandon graham.

worilds doesnt quit. hes a 4 down player... mt. cody is not, he will never be a hampton. thats why we passed him up.

K Train
04-26-2010, 10:57 AM
we'll regret not taking cody when we play the ravens and they have the 2 best NTs to come out in the last 10 years on the field at the same time and LBs just roam free

Blazedby92
04-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Kind of wished we got Cody but the only reason I don't like it is because the ratbirds got him probably because of our #1 pick and for spite, we might regret passing on him. I hope not.

So K in a year or so do you think the oline we have now can handle the rats?
Kind of curious on others opinions.

K Train
04-26-2010, 11:50 AM
until hartwig is cut this line has a huge weak spot...poucney is almost certainly gonna be a the RG which will make hartwig look not so terrible, but still pretty awful

andyg1984
04-26-2010, 11:58 AM
we'll regret not taking cody when we play the ravens and they have the 2 best NTs to come out in the last 10 years on the field at the same time and LBs just roam free

that is what i had an issue with ... tate would have been an option there as well ... i know worilds was brought in to be a pass rusher and these guys are developmental by definition, but he seemed to be ineffective vs the run ..

perrish cox just sitting there until the 5th was tough to watch ..

K Train
04-26-2010, 12:01 PM
especially since cox may very well be a top 5 corner and was easily a second round talent at worst

steelcityrockers
04-26-2010, 12:07 PM
perrish cox just sitting there until the 5th was tough to watch ..

As was the IUP African languishing to the 4th.

Layin the wood
04-26-2010, 12:07 PM
I grade it an A- but we wont know how good these guys are for another year or so!!

JollyRob68
04-27-2010, 01:52 PM
especially since cox may very well be a top 5 corner and was easily a second round talent at worst

They let Holmes go because he's an idiot they were never going to take Cox. Red Flags.

--- Added 4/27/2010 at 12:52 PM ---

As was the IUP African languishing to the 4th.

Him I wanted but he went earlier than our pick I believe. I wouldn't want him over Thaddeous Gibson.

DanRooney
05-01-2010, 02:26 AM
This draft would have been a solid A if either Tate or Cody were taken in the 2nd.

Aussie_Steel58
05-01-2010, 06:11 AM
I was hoping that Rolando McClain would somehow slide to us, but the pick of Jason Worilds holds great promise; he hustles to the ball and has great change of direction skills. Let's hope he can handle the change of position he'll need to adjust to in the pros. From everything I've been reading, Jonathan Dwyer seems like he could be one of the steals of the draft.