PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NFL Draft

Mike Wallace Fan
04-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Who should the Steelers draft in the first round next year? Im going to say either a defensive end or corner back. It will be defense.

K Train
04-25-2010, 06:41 PM
my early favorite players are patrick peterson, of course the 3 stud WRs but lets not sleeep on jonathan baldwin, but also im in love with allen bailey and cameron heyward

coach
04-25-2010, 07:47 PM
I love coming in here but I am going to take some time off and celebrate this year's draft before moving on to next years.

You guys are hard core.

Big T
04-25-2010, 08:37 PM
my early favorite players are patrick peterson, of course the 3 stud WRs but lets not sleeep on jonathan baldwin, but also im in love with allen bailey and cameron heyward

definitely love those guys, Patrick Peterson and Allen Bailey are my two favorite guys at the moment...Id say throw in some Mike Pouncey(Maurkice at Center and Mike at RG would be sick), Im liking Rahim Moore, and how bout some love for Noel Devine in the 2nd...

JensK
04-25-2010, 08:39 PM
definitely love those guys, Patrick Peterson and Allen Bailey are my two favorite guys at the moment...Id say throw in some Mike Pouncey(Maurkice at Center and Mike at RG would be sick), Im liking Rahim Moore, and how bout some love for Noel Devine in the 2nd...

Train made me aware of Noel a while ago, and after watching him a bunch i am really really loving him! I dont think they'll take a RB though, unless Mendenhall gets a real bad injury or something

scudmissile29
04-25-2010, 08:41 PM
RAHIM MOORE

10 INTERCEPTIONS

FREE SAFETY UCLA

http://www.uclabruins.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/moore_rahim00.html

Big T
04-25-2010, 09:32 PM
RAHIM MOORE

10 INTERCEPTIONS

FREE SAFETY UCLA

http://www.uclabruins.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/moore_rahim00.html

well look at that, we agree on something....

SteelJunkie
04-25-2010, 09:38 PM
A blind squirrel find a nut once in awhile

scudmissile29
04-25-2010, 10:00 PM
well look at that, we agree on something....

lol.

I think he would be better suited to our defense than earl thomas, because rahim moore can tackle well, earl let some of the big bama boys slip by, i think he will be run over by frank gore next year.

if rahim moore has another 10 ints then forget it he's a top 10 pick lol, but the only thing is because he is from UCLA he won't get pimped as much as a Texas guy

Moore is an exact same breed as Ed Reed, moreso than Berry or Thomas.

It still hurts to see Thomas in seattle, did u see how pissed he was on the phone, he had many chances of winning stuff at texas, but now he is never going to win a championship in the next level.

Layin the wood
04-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Cameron Heyward!!!:cope:

andyg1984
04-27-2010, 12:21 AM
bailey is a beast .. i keep forgetting that patrick johnson changed his last name .. he is like related to mcfadden or something right?

K Train
04-27-2010, 09:17 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/j0nathanr0y/LSU/PatrickPetersonRain.jpg

hes going to be amazing, my #1 prospect this year and most of you know how picky i am about corners in the first

JollyRob68
04-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Mike Pouncey or Ras I Dowling CB Virginia

K Train
04-27-2010, 03:00 PM
pouncey 2 is not as good as pouncey 1...just sayin

JollyRob68
04-27-2010, 03:12 PM
pouncey 2 is not as good as pouncey 1...just sayin

Thats not what McCoy said.

K Train
04-27-2010, 03:14 PM
?...mccoy?

Big T
04-27-2010, 04:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/j0nathanr0y/LSU/PatrickPetersonRain.jpg

hes going to be amazing, my #1 prospect this year and most of you know how picky i am about corners in the first

He and Allen Bailey are my two favorite guys for 2011 and I really dont see that changing...

Patrick Peterson is definitely my early man-crush...He's just like Eric Berry this year in the way that he is by far my favorite guy but we will have absolutely no chance at him...Even though I knew we had no chance at Berry, when he was picked by KC, I died a little inside....Same with Earl Thomas....Patrick Peterson is the only reason I wouldnt be 100% upset if we lost a ton of games and ended up with a top-5 pick....ok maybe not the only reason...Im lovin the big 3 WR too

K Train
04-27-2010, 05:25 PM
my personal favorites are

Peterson
Green
Heyward
Jones
Camiri
Floyd
Baldwin

4 Wrs in that list is almsot disgusting

Black@Gold Forever32
04-27-2010, 06:07 PM

Jonathan Baldwin=BEAST.........I don't think the Steelers will have a pick high enough to sniff Baldwin.....I think Baldwin will go in the top 10 for sure unless he is injured or just has a crap season this year......

K Train
04-27-2010, 06:57 PM
no way, baldwin will go mid-late first just because he falls in 4th place among beast WRs.

this could be the most epic WR class ever, i doubt any of them fall out of the first

Black@Gold Forever32
04-27-2010, 08:47 PM
no way, baldwin will go mid-late first just because he falls in 4th place among beast WRs.

this could be the most epic WR class ever, i doubt any of them fall out of the first

You say noway now but who knows come next Feb...lol Alot can change in that time......I really like Baldwin and think he could go that high....

K Train
04-27-2010, 09:38 PM
i just really doubt the big 3 change lol, only way i see it happening is if floyd stays at school

Black@Gold Forever32
04-27-2010, 09:47 PM
QUOTE=K Train;346584]i just really doubt the big 3 change lol, only way i see it happening is if floyd stays at school[/QUOTE]

I also have a man crush on Baldwin....I'm a Pitt homer...lol

JollyRob68
04-28-2010, 02:40 PM
?...mccoy?

Gerald Mccoy of The Tampa BAy Buccaneers. Actually I think he said together they're tough team to beat.

K Train
04-28-2010, 02:50 PM
i mean sure they would be tough together...but #1 is better than #2 lol

scudmissile29
04-29-2010, 05:19 AM
http://images.athlonsports.com/d/17464-1/RahimMoore.jpg

10 interceptions

Enough said, pair him up for a californian duo and it's that dynamic

JollyRob68
04-29-2010, 02:38 PM
i mean sure they would be tough together...but #1 is better than #2 lol

lol, Thats what they say.

Gettysburgh_Steel
04-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Wow , you guys really are bored . I have never , or rarely witnessed such pure , unabated , premature behavior in my whole entire career .....as a janitor . LOL !
So much can happen after , or even during this year that could blow all our minds . Look at Dixon as an example . Oh well , long as we are all having fun , i won't rain on your parade . Least you look ahead anyway . Wayyyyyyyyyyyy ahead ! We do not even know our own needs yet . Then again , we always tended to build for the future via the draft . Just chiming in .

K Train
04-29-2010, 03:53 PM
its not like only the players that are drafted play the previous year. anyone whos into college football sees these draft ineligible future stars in every game. ive been waiting for eric berry to be a top 5 pick since the day he stepped on the field as a freshman

Gettysburgh_Steel
04-29-2010, 05:52 PM
What is a freshman exactly ? If he has a red shirt , is he still a freshman ?

andyg1984
04-29-2010, 11:46 PM
forget all that it is too early stuff .. ex - patrick johnson (now peterson ) was the #5 rated player on rivals when he came out of hs, berry was #3 .. rivals 2006 top 5 hs players - percy harvin, andre smith, beanie wells, gerald mccoy and sergio kindle .. always miss some, but it is fun as heck to guess ..

im curious when devine will go.. why the heck did he not come out ??

K Train
04-30-2010, 09:37 AM
devin is tiny but his legs are built for a 250 pound back...hes a solid second rounder, maybe late first next year.

he didnt need to come out, he wants to win the heisman and he was adopted by deion sanders so im sure he can feed all 3-4 of his children lol

scudmissile29
05-01-2010, 05:33 AM
What is a freshman exactly ? If he has a red shirt , is he still a freshman ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirt_freshman

Redshirt is a term used in American college athletics that refers to delaying or suspending an athlete's participation in order to lengthen his or her period of eligibility. Typically, a student's athletic eligibility in a given sport is four seasons, a number derived from the four years of academic classes that are normally required to obtain a bachelor's degree at an American college or university. However, a student-athlete may be offered the opportunity to redshirt for one year which allows the athlete to spread those four years of eligibility over five years. In a redshirt year, a student athlete may attend classes at the college or university, practice with an athletic team, and dress for play but he or she may not compete during the game. Using this mechanism, a student athlete has up to five academic years to use the four years of eligibility, thus creating the phenomenon of the "fifth-year senior."

The term is used as a verb, noun, and adjective. For example, a coach may choose to redshirt a player who is then referred to as a redshirt freshman or simply a redshirt.