PDA

View Full Version : Round 7 - Doug Worthington, DT , Ohio State (Comp)

Prosdo
04-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Steelers take a DT from Ohio State.

Profile: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/profiles/doug-worthington?id=496889

Ironman
04-24-2010, 05:51 PM
He played great as OSU, but like the NFL profile says, his specialty isn't getting after the QB. I figure this is a project player for the Steelers, they'll try and mold this kid into the next Hampton, or at least another NT that can jam the middle and flush out the run. He still has some growing to do and he's already 6'5 295, he's got the right build, just needs to buy into the system and do the right things.

DIESELMAN
04-24-2010, 05:53 PM
He would be a better fit as a rotational DE in our 3-4. He's good against the run, don't know about his rushing abilities.

SteelJunkie
04-24-2010, 05:55 PM
well another good pick.

Ironman
04-24-2010, 06:03 PM
He would be a better fit as a rotational DE in our 3-4. He's good against the run, don't know about his rushing abilities.

He plays bigger than 295, he's an intimidating tackle who always has a nose for spotting the ball-carrier, but I wouldn't rule out having him rotate DE. He's not great at getting after the QB, but then again NT's in our system are not designed to rush the QB. I'm not saying he's useless at getting sacks, but he's no Reggie White.

The DT class this year was well above average so some steals like WORTHington dropped. I'm just glad to see some Buckeyes on the roster, after Holmes was traded I think Will Allen is the only one left.

I'm still psyched over Gibson, and Dwyer. Pouncey should be solid and I think Sanders might sneak into the rotation this year like Wallace last year.

By the way, thanks for putting the draft threads up so quickly Prosdo

Real Deal Steel
04-24-2010, 06:11 PM
He's going to need to hit the weight room some and gain a bit more weight but he's going to be a good addition for us. I'm not sure how much he'll help out this season but next year he could be the one to move Hampton out of here.

Good, good pick.

Zachintosh66
04-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Run stuffer to learn for a while...

nuclearchihuahuas
04-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Run stuffer to learn for a while...

As long as we're #1 against the run again--its all good!

dawgs
04-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Doug is a good guy. But I don't seem him having much success at the next level. Does not move all that well and can't rush. To be honest he fades away in games.

Layin the wood
04-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Not much of a pass rusher but could gain weight and move to D Tackle. He played there in a few games last year.