PDA

View Full Version : The Negatives of the Harrison Deal

scudmissile29
04-24-2010, 02:30 PM
I think this deal will come back to haunt us and the rest of the league.

With Woodley's contract coming up, I'm pretty sure he will be better than Harrison would ever be in Woodley's next 5 years, That comes to the Harrison Deal.

$50M.

I wouldn't be suprised if Woodley's Agent wanted a deal worth $40-60M

I think we would be lucky next year if we got a deal of woodley worth 5 years $30M

nuclearchihuahuas
04-24-2010, 04:17 PM
I think this deal will come back to haunt us and the rest of the league.

With Woodley's contract coming up, I'm pretty sure he will be better than Harrison would ever be in Woodley's next 5 years, That comes to the Harrison Deal.

$50M.

I wouldn't be suprised if Woodley's Agent wanted a deal worth $40-60M

I think we would be lucky next year if we got a deal of woodley worth 5 years $30M

With all of the draft picks we have seen, I do not believe $60 million is going to happen

Real Deal Steel
04-24-2010, 05:02 PM
We took a bunch of players today who are hybrids. Sorry but there will be no 60 mil deal. We don't operate like that nor do we have to.

MattyVfromCT
04-24-2010, 05:06 PM
We took a bunch of players today who are hybrids. Sorry but there will be no 60 mil deal. We don't operate like that nor do we have to.

agree on that but i sure as hell wouldn't want to see woodley go. he's easily one of my favorites

scudmissile29
04-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Neither would I, I think he's our prized possession.

However, getting him under 30 million, would be somewhat a luxury

Harrison imo, we should of gone for 30 million, not 50.

MattyVfromCT
04-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Neither would I, I think he's our prized possession.

However, getting him under 30 million, would be somewhat a luxury

Harrison imo, we should of gone for 30 million, not 50.

probably not under 30 mil but i think the steelers can get him to sign an extension. plus with all the former players coming back i'm sure they will let him know that the grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side of the fence. hopefully he is of the mindset of playing for a little less to be in a place where he has the opportunity to win championships almost every single year than taking more $ to go to a place like washington like randle el did. who cares if you make a little more $ if you play on a ****** team? at least that's the way i'd feel if i was a player.

woodley is definitely a guy i want to see play his whole career in the black and gold

Real Deal Steel
04-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Wake up guys. Wake up.

Did you see the way they drafted today?? They are preparing for Woodley's departure. And I have faith in who we took today in preparing for Woodley to leave. Woodley will learn what Faneca, Mcfadden and the rest of these idiots did and that is that leaving isn't necessarily a good thing.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-24-2010, 05:36 PM
It's going to be fine man, these contracts happen all the time, if Harrison's deal wouldn't be the culprit it would be somebody else. Wood will get his fair share of the payday when his time comes.

cmerrifield
04-24-2010, 05:38 PM
The return of all those players will help Woodley see, the grass may have more green ($) on the other said, but its not greener. I think we paid Harrison for all seven years, including the two he only made like a million a year. I would give Woodley 5 years 40 million

The other thing working in our favor is that we could put high tenders on him the next two years and he would make a lot less then signing a long term deal with us.

scudmissile29
04-24-2010, 05:48 PM
i would love to see woodley stay as a steeler.

i would also love to see dwyer crush ray lewis into the ground which could happen. what a youtube hit it would be

DanRooney
04-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Woodley is still not the monster against the run like Harrison is. Despite having less sacks, Harrison was still the better OLB last year and definitely the year before.

nuclearchihuahuas
04-24-2010, 06:26 PM
i would love to see woodley stay as a steeler.

i would also love to see dwyer crush ray lewis into the ground which could happen. what a youtube hit it would be

YES! Time for Ray to retire! :clap:

Big T
04-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Wake up guys. Wake up.

Did you see the way they drafted today?? They are preparing for Woodley's departure. And I have faith in who we took today in preparing for Woodley to leave. Woodley will learn what Faneca, Mcfadden and the rest of these idiots did and that is that leaving isn't necessarily a good thing.

Are you high? preparing for Woodley's departure? how about drafting depth at a position where we had absolutely nothing behind James and LaMarr...LaMarr Woodley will be resigned and I would be willing to bet my life on it...

He's already stated numerous times that he cares about making history and winning...He said money will always be there and he isnt worried about money...I really do believe he's not the kind of guy that will demand more than he's worth...But honestly, he deserves every penny he ends up getting...He is our best defender outside of Troy and James Harrison...He will be a steeler for a while

He will be resigned before the start of the regular season....

harpo
04-24-2010, 06:50 PM
I don't know, guys....I think the Steelers might just lock up Woodley. I feel like perhaps out of the 3 LBs they drafted, they feel that they should be able to get at least one decent player. I think that Harrison and Farrior will both be gone in two years (I think this upcoming season will be Farrior's last as a Steeler). I think that the core of the defense for the next 4 or 5 years will be Woodley, Timmons and Polamalu.

MattyVfromCT
04-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Are you high? preparing for Woodley's departure? how about drafting depth at a position where we had absolutely nothing behind James and LaMarr...LaMarr Woodley will be resigned and I would be willing to bet my life on it...

He's already stated numerous times that he cares about making history and winning...He said money will always be there and he isnt worried about money...I really do believe he's not the kind of guy that will demand more than he's worth...But honestly, he deserves every penny he ends up getting...He is our best defender outside of Troy and James Harrison...He will be a steeler for a while

He will be resigned before the start of the regular season....

agreed. and the picks could be to prepare for harrison's decline since he's getting up there in age as opposed to preparing for woodley leaving. just my :2cents:

Big T
04-24-2010, 07:31 PM
agreed. and the picks could be to prepare for harrison's decline since he's getting up there in age as opposed to preparing for woodley leaving. just my :2cents:

for sure...I honestly believe that Harrison has more left than people think...people think he only has a couple years left...i can see him playing for 5 more years based on the fact that he didnt really start playing much until 3 years ago...But yes, I think these picks are mostly for depth and i think they plan on grooming these guys for a few years behind James and LaMarr, in hopes that one of them may be ready to take over for Harrison in 3-4 years...

coldrolled
04-24-2010, 07:54 PM
for sure...I honestly believe that Harrison has more left than people think...people think he only has a couple years left...i can see him playing for 5 more years based on the fact that he didnt really start playing much until 3 years ago...But yes, I think these picks are mostly for depth and i think they plan on grooming these guys for a few years behind James and LaMarr, in hopes that one of them may be ready to take over for Harrison in 3-4 years...

maybe they are planning more of a rotation during the games. would be a plus..

Big T
04-24-2010, 08:06 PM
maybe they are planning more of a rotation during the games. would be a plus..

maybe, but like Keith Butler said, when you have players like Harrison and Woodley, you dont want to take them out....Maybe in nickel situations we could have Worilds and/or Gibson come in at end...we'll see i guess

HUNT4SEVEN
04-24-2010, 10:09 PM
The return of all those players will help Woodley see, the grass may have more green ($) on the other said, but its not greener. I think we paid Harrison for all seven years, including the two he only made like a million a year. I would give Woodley 5 years 40 million

The other thing working in our favor is that we could put high tenders on him the next two years and he would make a lot less then signing a long term deal with us.

Right he will get a nice deal done this year:tt02: And he better stay because i have 2 of his jerseys:lol: