PDA

View Full Version : Round 5 - Stevenson Sylvester, LB , Utah (Comp Pick)

Prosdo
04-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Another LB goes to the Steelers.

Profile: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/profiles/stevenson-sylvester?id=496955

Zachintosh66
04-24-2010, 01:38 PM
getting tweets saying he'll be an ILB...

was hoping for S or RB Depth tho

Black@Gold Forever32
04-24-2010, 01:40 PM
getting tweets saying he'll be an ILB...

was hoping for S or RB Depth tho

He is only 232 pounds so he would have to move to ILB in our defense......

nuclearchihuahuas
04-24-2010, 02:20 PM

I just do not understand why we keep going for LBs...I know McFadden is back but it certainly would not hurt to have a couple of young CBs standing by and learning!

Black@Gold Forever32
04-24-2010, 03:04 PM
I just do not understand why we keep going for LBs...I know McFadden is back but it certainly would not hurt to have a couple of young CBs standing by and learning!

The Steelers did draft a corner...........All three of these LB's will help on the kick coverage teams this year.......Worilds and Gibson give the Steelers two young OLB's to groom behind Woodley and Harrison....There isn't much behind those two right now......Sylvester probably will shift to ILB in our defense........Farrior is getting up there and really on his last legs....Foote isn't a spring chicken himself.....

Iron City South
04-24-2010, 03:43 PM

I think they really like what they see in Joe Burnett and Lewis. Don't forget we signed Will Allen from Tampa too. I think there's a good chance Lewis eventually transitions to FS at some point.

nuclearchihuahuas
04-24-2010, 05:01 PM
I think they really like what they see in Joe Burnett and Lewis. Don't forget we signed Will Allen from Tampa too. I think there's a good chance Lewis eventually transitions to FS at some point.

I really hope so...I wasn't overly impressed with Burnett or Lewis but I get that the OLBs are getting older...I really hate when the defense isn't #1 in all categories...I have said before, I can absolutely handle it when the offense isn't at its best, but when the defense sucks I get crazy! :tt02:

Real Deal Steel
04-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Trust our coaching staff. If they don't feel the need, then they honestly believe that our CB are developing accordingly.

We've added Mcfadden and Allen. That's enough. How much more do you want??

Our D-line and LB lacked depth and were long in the tooth and we've addressed that today along with upgrading our O-line. We've had a fantastic day.

DIESELMAN
04-24-2010, 05:13 PM
We had absolutely no depth behind Woodley and Silverback, we got our depth and then some in this years draft. :yellowthumb:

Real Deal Steel
04-24-2010, 05:32 PM

Let me help you understand:

They are preparing for Woodley to leave. Whenever you see a team load up in one spot like this, it's usually because someone is leaving. Woodley is going to try and break the bank on us and it's not going to happen.

nuclearchihuahuas
04-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Trust our coaching staff. If they don't feel the need, then they honestly believe that our CB are developing accordingly.

We've added Mcfadden and Allen. That's enough. How much more do you want??

Seriously? I want it all and I want it now! LOL I want the perfect D! #1 in all categories! I absolutely trust that LeBeau will get it done somehow, someway...just having a draft day "moment":tt02:

--- Added 4/24/2010 at 04:35 PM ---

They are preparing for Woodley to leave. Whenever you see a team load up in one spot like this, it's usually because someone is leaving. Woodley is going to try and break the bank on us and it's not going to happen.

My head says you're right...my heart hopes you are oh so wrong!

DanRooney
04-25-2010, 06:49 AM
Speaking of ILBs, I hope Keyaran Fox gets a shot at the starting job after Farrior leaves this season (if he doesn't I'll be outraged). Foote is decent but Fox did a great job containing Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson in his two starts. Give the man a shot.

JensK
04-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Speaking of ILBs, I hope Keyaran Fox gets a shot at the starting job after Farrior leaves this season (if he doesn't I'll be outraged). Foote is decent but Fox did a great job containing Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson in his two starts. Give the man a shot.

I agree, he deserves a shot. Im not sure he'll make it as a starter, but he has earned the right to at least get a shot at it.

Zachintosh66
04-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Personally, Id rather keep Woodley over Harrison

Layin the wood
04-25-2010, 11:47 AM
I Watched this kid on film and i was amazed how fast he gets to the ball. Hits like a truck and can cover RB's and TE's!!:cope:

BlackGold4vr
04-25-2010, 12:43 PM
I Watched this kid on film and i was amazed how fast he gets to the ball. Hits like a truck and can cover RB's and TE's!!:cope:

Unknown doesn't necessarily translate to no good! Never heard of the guy either but the game film they showed on him is impressive. Easy to understand what they liked about him. We are set at LB all the way across and fantastic depth. I look for our special teams to be nasty this year with some decleater hits.

coldrolled
04-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Unknown doesn't necessarily translate to no good! Never heard of the guy either but the game film they showed on him is impressive. Easy to understand what they liked about him. We are set at LB all the way across and fantastic depth. I look for our special teams to be nasty this year with some decleater hits.

you got it right, helmuts will be flying on ST play this year...

worilds and gibson are hitters... foote and fox.... ouch...

Big T
04-25-2010, 07:12 PM
ya the dude us quick...he can fly to the ball and is a good, violent tackler...Keith Butler already said he's gonna be an inside linebacker....

--- Added 4/25/2010 at 06:12 PM ---

:nono: absolutely not....

JensK
04-25-2010, 07:24 PM
I love his skillset. Is he strong enough to take on a guard though?

coach
04-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Decent quality vid on this guy:

http://bing.search.sympatico.ca/?q=youtube&mkt=en-ca&setLang=en-CA

Steel Impact
04-25-2010, 08:23 PM

This is woodley last year then correct if this is true.

coldrolled
04-25-2010, 10:37 PM

gibson and worilds are athletic freaks...

he has to go ILB