PDA

View Full Version : Thank you from Holmes

StlersGuy
04-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Hello Yardbarkers, Wow - It's been so long since I have been on here. As you can imagine, I have had a lot going on in my life but it's all coming together now.

As one chapter of my life comes to a close, another chapter is just beginning. I would like to sincerely thank all of my fans for making my four years as a Steeler a memorable one. This is the team where I won my first Super Bowl ring, received the Super Bowl XLIII MVP and also won my first ESPY award. How can I move forward and not take those feelings and experiences with me. Those are the ones that left such a great taste in my mouth and wanting to strive for more. The support and encouragement you have given me from day one has been such an inspiration that I will continue to carry with me. I have made some mistakes in my past that I am not proud of, but the most important thing is that I have learned from them. God has given me the opportunity to make a clean start and I am really excited about moving forward in a positive direction. To all of my New York Jets fans, thank you for welcoming me with open arms. The 2010 season is going to be a great one. I know the reason Mike Tannenbaum, Coach Ryan and Mr. Johnson brought me to this team is to help win a Super Bowl and I plan on helping them accomplish that goal. Thank you again for all your support and encouragement. God Bless, Santonio Holmes New York Jets Wide Receiver

http://www.yardbarker.com/blog/SantonioHolmes/THANK_YOU/2470062

BlitzburghRockCity
04-22-2010, 10:38 AM
I still wish he was here, but that's water under the bridge now. He was a competitor on the field and he came to play. When you needed that big play he was there. Those patented slant n go routes for TD's against the Bengals were thing of a beauty that I'll never forget. Not to mention the game winning TD catch in the Super Bowl! :cope:

I wish him all the best and I have little doubt he'll be gunning for us when we play the Jets and based on our crappy secondary he'll stand a good chance of having a big day. Anyways though, I hope it works out for him and he's able to be successful.

Sir Blitzelot
04-22-2010, 11:21 AM
A class move by Santonio. :clap: I was sad to seem him go, but I suppose the organization felt the need to make a statement with this whole "zero-tolerance" thing. Oh well... I will be rooting for him next season, and I wish him the best of luck with the Jets.

Troyisabeast_43
04-22-2010, 11:53 AM
The Steelers definitely will miss Santanio's receiving and big play capabilities on offense. That's why they had better hope that this is finally the year that Limas Sweed steps it up and starts playing like a number 2 draft pick. He can make a lot of people forget about Holmes in a huge way if he steps in and has a big year.

StlersGuy
04-22-2010, 11:57 AM
This was a class act for sure and I wish him the best in NY... I also hated to see him go but this is football and players come and players go. Good teams just know how to deal with it

LatrobePA
04-22-2010, 12:04 PM
This was a class act for sure and I wish him the best in NY... I also hated to see him go but this is football and players come and players go. Good teams just know how to deal with it

Ditto, Holmes will be missed!! But his replacement will shine....

Big T
04-22-2010, 12:39 PM
:( I cried a little

K Train
04-22-2010, 12:43 PM
this upsets me

Black@Gold Forever32
04-22-2010, 01:16 PM
I loved Holmes and wish he was still here but he wasn't going to resign with the team....I think its cool he thanked the Steelers fans that supported.....I wish him the best in New York......

TampaSteelGirl
04-22-2010, 01:25 PM
I will miss him too and i'm glad to see he wrote something so nice...I definately wish him all the best in NY...but man will I miss him!!

ejsteeler
04-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Never fear folks, three years from now, he will be back......

Black@Gold Forever32
04-22-2010, 01:49 PM

Only if Holmes becomes a Christian and gives up weed since image is everything with Art II right now...lol

ejsteeler
04-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Only if Holmes becomes a Christian and gives up weed since image is everything with Art II right now...lol

well, and that too.....

TampaSteelGirl
04-22-2010, 01:55 PM

I'd be ok with that!! :yellowthumb:

HUNT4SEVEN
04-22-2010, 02:01 PM
I still wish he was here, but that's water under the bridge now. He was a competitor on the field and he came to play. When you needed that big play he was there. Those patented slant n go routes for TD's against the Bengals were thing of a beauty that I'll never forget. Not to mention the game winning TD catch in the Super Bowl! :cope:

I wish him all the best and I have little doubt he'll be gunning for us when we play the Jets and based on our crappy secondary he'll stand a good chance of having a big day. Anyways though, I hope it works out for him and he's able to be successful.

:ditto: well said TG, I will miss Santonio :yesnod:

--- Added 4/22/2010 at 12:01 PM ---

[QUOTE=M.C. Smith;344075]A class move by Santonio. :clap: I was sad to seem him go, but I suppose the organization felt the need to make a statement with this whole "zero-tolerance" thing. Oh well... I will be rooting for him next season.

I will be rooting for him also next year and the rest of his career, in my heart he's a Steeler forever:tt02:

SteelCityKid5
04-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Im gonna cry

andyg1984
04-22-2010, 02:24 PM
yep, this hurts

steelersbabex25
04-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Steeler nation will surely miss you Santonio.

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 06:10 PM
all bens fault.

steelersbabex25
04-22-2010, 06:17 PM
all bens fault.

Oh yeah it's Ben's fault that Santonio Holmes smokes weed, I forgot. Get out of here please...seriously.

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Oh yeah it's Ben's fault that Santonio Holmes smokes weed, I forgot. Get out of here please...seriously.

holmes was a legend who gives a **** if he smoked weed, at least he got decent pussy

i wouldnt rule out him signing back with us lmao

StlersGuy
04-22-2010, 06:19 PM
all bens fault.

:WORD42::clueless:

steelersbabex25
04-22-2010, 06:25 PM
holmes was a legend who gives a **** if he smoked weed, at least he got decent pussy

i wouldnt rule out him signing back with us lmao

I'm gonna say it again..get out of here before someone blows their lid. Honestly..you're just pissing everyone off. (Trying to be as nice as possible here)

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 06:26 PM
if someone doesnt like my opinions then put me in ignore i already said i dont give a ****,

StlersGuy
04-22-2010, 06:28 PM
if someone doesnt like my opinions then put me in ignore i already said i dont give a ****,

:thumbdown1:

MattyVfromCT
04-22-2010, 06:28 PM

bro, i hate to break it to you but you really need to grow up. all you're doing is spewing **** and attacking anyone that doesn't agree with you. chill out man

StlersGuy
04-22-2010, 06:36 PM
steeldawgswag ='s HOS thats all I have to say

BR7
04-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Thread closed for now.