PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for some football....

StlersGuy
04-22-2010, 09:12 AM
It's DRAFT DAY...... The day we have been waiting for lets put all the Big Ben talk behind us for this day and lets talk about who the steelers should go after with the 18th pick....

I have been thinking about this question for sometime and I am thinking we should go after C- Maurkice Pouncey from UF I think this is something we need to address BIG time and we should use the draft to do so. I feel he is a player who we can build into a good lineman and we has the size we need. 6ft 5inch's at 315llbs...

cmerrifield
04-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Ed Bouchette has us picking Pouncey and he was right about Hood last year. So we will see. I think unless some teams do some stupid things, he will be the best player available at 18

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Please no to pouncey.

I heard the Broncos want him

cmerrifield
04-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Please no to pouncey.

You dont like Pouncey or you just want ET?

coldrolled
04-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Please no to pouncey.

we need to protect our new QB and run better.. we will pick pouncey if he is available.

unless mcclain drops.. maualuga was a Lb projected to go 15th'ish last year. he dropped to what #36... so mcclain could drop...

i will miss brandon graham though, i think he would be perfect for us. we just dont need him right now.

StlersGuy
04-22-2010, 11:19 AM
we need to protect our new QB and run better.. we will pick pouncey if he is available.

unless mcclain drops.. maualuga was a Lb projected to go 15th'ish last year. he dropped to what #36... so mcclain could drop...

i will miss brandon graham though, i think he would be perfect for us. we just dont need him right now.

that we do and with BIg Ben not starting for 4 to 6 games we need to make the line top over everything else...

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 11:26 AM
We need to go defensive back first, i dont care pick haden then.

Its a passing league and we dont have very good cornerbacks that either cover or can takeaway.

JollyRob68
04-22-2010, 11:38 AM
The only thing I didn't like about Ed Bouchettes Mock is 1 he forgot 49ers second first round pick and HE had Earl Thomas slipping past the Steelers.
I want Pouncey but IF EARL THOMAS is there you TAKE HIM. I THINK THEY'LL MOVE BACK AND TAKE KAREEM JACKSON OR DRAFT POUNCEY.

StlersGuy
04-22-2010, 11:46 AM
We need to go defensive back first, i dont care pick haden then.

Its a passing league and we dont have very good cornerbacks that either cover or can takeaway.

I do agree we need to address the db's however we need O-line over anything 1st and that is why you will see an o-lineman picked with number 18 today 1st.. Look for the db;s to come later on in the draft. I will however say I think if ET is there at 18 we would pick him I just dot see him being so.

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 11:59 AM
I do agree we need to address the db's however we need O-line over anything 1st and that is why you will see an o-lineman picked with number 18 today 1st.. Look for the db;s to come later on in the draft. I will however say I think if ET is there at 18 we would pick him I just dot see him being so.

im still disagreeing i hate onlineman i dont care who falls to us or is a reach i will not go online, if corner isnt there then i go for brandon graham. if all fails then o-line, colbert doesnt like o-lineman in the first, so i wouldnt be suprised to see no corner/oline in the first, but theres always a first.

with earl thomas alot of us think he's a top 15 pick, but in other forums i looked around the 32 teams he's a 15-20 pick.

Dobre Shunka
04-22-2010, 12:31 PM
In the back of my mind I'm still hoping for Thomas, but his stock has gone up too much, me thinks.

From what I was reading on the Steeler site it does look like they're going Pouncey.
Solid, but hey I'm still for going for a CB like Wilson or even big Dan willliams @ 18. Fill a position other than line in the 1st cuz there are plenty to pick from later. I disagree w/ most in that I think there is a lot of quality for the pick'n @ G, C, and T in the later rounds.

There are some great centers in this draft that we can take later. Walton, Olsen. Estes, and Fisher, to name a few.
H*ll, even @ tackle we can pick up Davis, Brown, Veldheer, or BIG SAM YOUNG.
@ Guard there is Johnson, Ducasse, Asamoah, or even a sleeper pick of Matt MF'n McCraken.

--- Added 4/22/2010 at 10:31 AM ---

Oh, did I mention I'm really excited today?

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Lol calm it boy, still 6/8 or so hours to go or something

coach
04-22-2010, 12:50 PM
I feel like when I was a kid and anticipated opening a present. Only, I am waiting to find out what is wrapped inside the 18th pick.

I hope it's not a sweater>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(Mays);
Or, socks (insert names).

I want something cool this year.

StlersGuy
04-22-2010, 02:21 PM
I feel like when I was a kid and anticipated opening a present. Only, I am waiting to find out what is wrapped inside the 18th pick.

:yellowthumb::tt02:

andyg1984
04-22-2010, 02:32 PM

this must be what it is like to have kids .. lol