PDA

View Full Version : Centers???

cmerrifield
04-21-2010, 08:05 PM
If we dont get Pouncey in the 1st, is there any other guys who could upgrade us at Center in the draft this year? Or will we be stuck with Hartwig again?

Dobre Shunka
04-21-2010, 08:09 PM
J.D. Walton in the second would be a great pickup IMO.

Olsen in the third, not too shabby.

McCracken in the late late rounds is a very good sleeper pick, again IMO.

I think center is a position that is rather deep in this years draft to be honest and one reason I have slid Pouncey down in my mock in favor of other positions @ 18.

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 08:17 PM
If we dont get Pouncey in the 1st, is there any other guys who could upgrade us at Center in the draft this year? Or will we be stuck with Hartwig again?

Part of me wants to get Earl Thomas, but I know our coaches aren't smart enough to let him start anywhere on the field game 1. That's why I would be satisfied with going Pouncey. And if he isn't put in Hartwig's spot (or at RG) against the Falcons, you're going to have one diehard Steeler fan with his head planted to his palm for 4-6 weeks.

K Train
04-21-2010, 10:34 PM
pouncey or we roll with the clowns we have, hes elite...the rest are misfits that would just get lost in our current group of misfits.

Big T
04-22-2010, 12:20 AM
pouncey or we roll with the clowns we have, hes elite...the rest are misfits that would just get lost in our current group of misfits.

^^^what he said...Pouncey or no center...He is the only one worth us drafting

cue the dude who wants the steelers to draft Eric Olsen in the 2nd lol...

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 10:20 PM ---

Part of me wants to get Earl Thomas, but I know our coaches aren't smart enough to let him start anywhere on the field game 1. That's why I would be satisfied with going Pouncey. And if he isn't put in Hartwig's spot (or at RG) against the Falcons, you're going to have one diehard Steeler fan with his head planted to his palm for 4-6 weeks.

make that two....

coldrolled
04-22-2010, 12:25 AM
^^^what he said...Pouncey or no center...He is the only one worth us drafting

cue the dude who wants the steelers to draft Eric Olsen in the 2nd lol...

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 10:20 PM ---

make that two....

have to add into this, i like eric olsen.. he is a beast of a center with power.

steelcityman75
04-22-2010, 12:30 AM
Pouncey is our guy, the others are just average or career backups at best.

Big T
04-22-2010, 12:44 AM
have to add into this, i like eric olsen.. he is a beast of a center with power.

Haha i knew you would...I was just playin

cmerrifield
04-22-2010, 08:52 AM
what about Tennant, from BC, I have heard some people think he is pretty good?

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 09:40 AM

yes i agree. watch the front office **** up and miss out on a dynamic player like earl... lets select a onlineman instead when we have huge holes in cornerback, were two of our current starters possibly wont be with us in 1 year to 2 years time.

coldrolled
04-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Pouncey is our guy, the others are just average or career backups at best.

if we dont pick pouncey. we have a lot of picks in eric olsen's range 4-5 round.

he may be a pick..

JollyRob68
04-22-2010, 11:49 AM

They only other person is a guard and played some center and thats Jon Asamoah. He's the #3 guard. If we went CB in the 1st then Jon Asamoah in the second i'd be happy.

Ed Bouchette has Earl Thomas slipping past the Steelers(however he did forget the 49ers second first rd pick) let me say this. THER IS NO WAY THE STEELERS LET EARL THOMAS SLIP PAST THEM AND EVERYONE KNOWS I WANT POUNCEY. I WOULD BE PISSED IF THEY LET ET SLIP PAST THEM.

Dobre Shunka
04-22-2010, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't say Asamoah is the only other, Johnson out of Bama looks decent.

For Tackle USC's Charles Brown could be high on the Steelers list or even Davis may fall.

And @ the center position debate big J.D. Walton in the second would be super. He's so good that I don't think he'll be there for us in the fifties but who knows.
Olsen, would be a good 3rd round option or later, IMO.

K Train
04-22-2010, 12:50 PM
i would like john jerry if we take a guard

i hear the steelers ar high on anthony davis (winner of most over analyzed prospect this year)

id love to see his name called today

Dobre Shunka
04-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Well, I don't "hear anyhting" cuz I'm nothing more than another biggest fan (LOL) but I feel Davis fits the bill as a Steeler player from what I've seen of his college play. Rolando McClain is "it" if you want to draft into our system and get a pro bowler IMHO.

I like Worilds as a Steeler too, same reasoning.

I like Jackson but that's more of a feel like Tomlin would like the way he covers type of thing.

In the end, none of us has a clue so let's just see what happens.

JollyRob68
04-23-2010, 12:43 AM
WE GOT POUNCEY! YES!