PDA

View Full Version : Is Tomlin playing possum about Mays

JollyRob68
04-21-2010, 02:08 PM
I wounder if Mike Tomlin is Playing Possum and not showing how much he'd like Taylor Mays. Its been said that Tomlin doesnt like him in the first round but dont you think Dick Lebeau could get the best out of Taylor Mays? HE has the physical tools to be a mid first round pick and can be groomed for the future as well as a beast on special teams.
I read an article that Polamalu & Farrior both liked the kid alot.
I know Earl Thomas is the preference but if he's gone would you snatch up Taylor Mays?

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 02:11 PM
No, i believe we don't like him.

We don't ned another ryan clark, but far wose in coverage

K Train
04-21-2010, 02:11 PM
no he better ****ing not be

Big T
04-21-2010, 02:27 PM
in all seriousness, I will cry...

JollyRob68
04-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks, the 3 people I wanted to hear from all answered. Thanks Guys. I cant wait for Thursday night.

What do you think about Ben getting 6 games? This is what i wrote on profootballtalk.com

They should also pick up JAson Campbell and let them battle it out.

As far as Ben. I think he's a DOUCHE! However, If I was the union I'd be upset that Mike Vick got a 4 game suspension that was reduced to 2 games and he did jail time.While your giving Ben 6 games that can be reduced to 4 and he wasn't even charge. It should of been a 2 game suspension and counseling for Alcohol & Behavior or 4 games reduced to 2 after Counseling. I repeat Ben's a DOUCHE, I love The Steelers and I'm fine if we trade him or if we welcome him back with open arms.

K Train
04-21-2010, 02:33 PM
i think dixon is gonna be the sex.

they better not start leftwhich

coldrolled
04-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Thanks, the 3 people I wanted to hear from all answered. Thanks Guys. I cant wait for Thursday night.

What do you think about Ben getting 6 games? This is what i wrote on profootballtalk.com

They should also pick up JAson Campbell and let them battle it out.

As far as Ben. I think he's a DOUCHE! However, If I was the union I'd be upset that Mike Vick got a 4 game suspension that was reduced to 2 games and he did jail time.While your giving Ben 6 games that can be reduced to 4 and he wasn't even charge. It should of been a 2 game suspension and counseling for Alcohol & Behavior or 4 games reduced to 2 after Counseling. I repeat Ben's a DOUCHE, I love The Steelers and I'm fine if we trade him or if we welcome him back with open arms.

maybe rooney told goodell to slam him.... he needed help to get control of the over inflated idiot...

JollyRob68
04-21-2010, 02:51 PM
maybe rooney told goodell to slam him.... he needed help to get control of the over inflated idiot...

I think so,maybe the steelers said we're adding 2 to what ever you do and thats how they got 6.

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 01:51 PM ---

they better not start leftwhich

I want Dixon to show us what he's working with! Its his turn to drive and he needs competition so he can build his confidence.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 02:58 PM

I cant wait to see what happens when he goes into game 1 with nearly 5 months of preparaion as the starter. ANYONE, who doubts what the dude can do, go to youtube, type in "Dennis Dixon Oregon" and be amazed.

Hefty Lefty will serve as good competition and back-up if needed. Batch will trip over Bens foot on the sidelines and break his collar-bone... AGAIN!

andyg1984
04-21-2010, 03:11 PM
yeah, i rmbr being pretty surprised watching Dixon's highlights when he was drafted insofar as his arm looked better than i thought with all the talk of him being an "athlete" ..

Big T
04-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Im actually kind of excited to see Dixon play...He can add a whole new element to the offense...I can honestly say that I think Ben will only be out for 4 weeks...its part of the suspension...if he complies with everything Goodell has set it will be reduced to 4...Art said that Ben is planning on doing everything he's asked to do and Im pretty sure they will make sure he does...Like i said, im pretty sure it'll only be 4...

Like Train was saying earlier, Dixon to Sweed all day lol....

K Train
04-21-2010, 03:45 PM

thats gonna be dynasty ****, you dont even know

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 03:46 PM
lol turned into a dixon thread

dunno whats up with the gay arcade music, but it's good highlights

DeznD1ccv4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DeznD1ccv4&feature=fvw

Dixon only played in one game last year, that coming on Nov. 29 in Baltimore. Forced to start because Roethlisberger was recovering from a concussion, Dixon held his own in a 20-17 overtime loss to the Ravens.

He completed 12 of 26 passes for 145 yards. He threw a touchdown pass and ran for a TD.

But he also served up an interception in OT that led to the Ravens’ game-winning field goal.

“I think people forget that in Dennis Dixon, we’re talking about a guy who had the possibility of winning the Heisman Trophy (in 2007) and playing for national championship,” Steelers free safety Ryan Clark said. “You know, (Florida’s) Tim Tebow may have never won the Heisman if Dennis Dixon doesn’t go down against Arizona.”

Big T
04-21-2010, 03:52 PM
thats gonna be dynasty ****, you dont even know

Oh I know...I know...but do you know?

coldrolled
04-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Im actually kind of excited to see Dixon play...He can add a whole new element to the offense...I can honestly say that I think Ben will only be out for 4 weeks...its part of the suspension...if he complies with everything Goodell has set it will be reduced to 4...Art said that Ben is planning on doing everything he's asked to do and Im pretty sure they will make sure he does...Like i said, im pretty sure it'll only be 4...

who needs mays, we trade ben to oakland for Asomugha and their #8 pick

then dixon and sweed go crazy all year.

#8 BPA and Mclain at #18

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Mays is an elite athelete... guys like that are complete ???'s when they enter the NFL. I can see Taylor Mays being a "good" starter if he goes to the RIGHT team. If he goes to the Jets who have a late 1st round pick and need safety help. They have two PROBOWL cb's and a pressure front seven. Mays would be asked to play center field, to make plays on the ball and in the run game. He is a bigger, younger, faster Ryan Clark.

The good thing about Mays is that he is said to be VERY coach-able and dedicated. He obviously can be an asset to any team... i just dont think he would be a better option than anything we have right now. While i think a guy like LeBeau COULD get the most out of Mays (putting him in the box, blitzing, maybe lining up at LB in certain packages) he isnt worth the 18th pick to us. He just isnt!

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Yeah guys really, Dixon threw for 140 yards with a 62 passer rating. Spells elite to me.

K Train
04-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Mays is an elite athelete... guys like that are complete ???'s when they enter the NFL. I can see Taylor Mays being a "good" starter if he goes to the RIGHT team. If he goes to the Jets who have a late 1st round pick and need safety help. They have two PROBOWL cb's and a pressure front seven. Mays would be asked to play center field, to make plays on the ball and in the run game. He is a bigger, younger, faster Ryan Clark.

The good thing about Mays is that he is said to be VERY coach-able and dedicated. He obviously can be an asset to any team... i just dont think he would be a better option than anything we have right now. While i think a guy like LeBeau COULD get the most out of Mays (putting him in the box, blitzing, maybe lining up at LB in certain packages) he isnt worth the 18th pick to us. He just isnt!

i would be beyond mad....you dont even know.

he sucks at everything but running, his change of direction timed speed is atrocious. 4 year starters for USC shouldnt have to be coached up

Big T
04-21-2010, 06:07 PM
who needs mays, we trade ben to oakland for Asomugha and their #8 pick

then dixon and sweed go crazy all year.

#8 BPA and Mclain at #18

Ben is one of the only elite players we have on this team...You cant just trade him away and think we wont miss a beat....I think we'll manage for the 4 games (possibly 6) that Ben will be out but trading him over this would be stupid...

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 05:07 PM ---

his change of direction timed speed is atrocious

that's being nice....

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 06:17 PM
i would be beyond mad....you dont even know.

he sucks at everything but running, his change of direction timed speed is atrocious. 4 year starters for USC shouldnt have to be coached up

Oh, i would be furious if we got him period at this point... we just dont need him! Im saying im not ready to label him a BUST! He's a freak of nature and someone WOULD be able to get him to play at a high level in the NFL ... And whether he should have to be coached up or not isnt the issue... im just saying, he's gonna have to be a project or take some lumps early!

coldrolled
04-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Oh, i would be furious if we got him period at this point... we just dont need him! Im saying im not ready to label him a BUST! He's a freak of nature and someone WOULD be able to get him to play at a high level in the NFL ... And whether he should have to be coached up or not isnt the issue... im just saying, he's gonna have to be a project or take some lumps early!

we will see him twice a year with maualuga... im sure he is on their list. mays will be a bengal...