PDA

View Full Version : Adam Shefter's Twitter about possible trade of Roethlisberger

Big T
04-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Adam_Schefter Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick. At least one team considering it. Story far from done.
31 minutes ago

Please, please tell me that they are not going to be this stupid...

lloydfan4life
04-21-2010, 12:29 PM
:dunno: Schefter is normally pretty accurate.

XLJohn
04-21-2010, 12:33 PM
This is just getting way out of control..........Ben made a mistake thats no reason to trade him away........4-6 games suspension fine BUT trade..........gimmie a break:cursin:

Big T
04-21-2010, 12:38 PM
:dunno: Schefter is normally pretty accurate.

I know....that the only reason I posted it. If it was anyone else, outside of Jay Glazer, I probably wouldn't have posted it...this is scaring me. I don't like it at all.

K Train
04-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Nnamdi, #8 and #40....make it happen

cmerrifield
04-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Schefter thinks Ben is going to be traded and thinks he should, so of course any rumor that helps that process along he is going to tweet. I will say, if the Steelers dont think Ben will change his ways, this is the year to get rid of him. We could not afford to cut or trade him during a cap year. His bonus and guaranteed money would accelerate to that season and cost us, lets say next year, 18 million as a cap hit. That is about 1/7 of what the cap would have been this year. So, if the Steelers think he wont change and could eventually trade or cut him, from a business and cap perspective, it has to be this year. Unless they think the new CBA will handle the cap differently. I am not saying they should or shouldnt, those are just the facts.

Ibleedblk&gld
04-21-2010, 12:47 PM
as i said earlier

as much as i don't want to see ben go...i'd probably **** myself if it worked out that the steelers trade ben tomorrow to the rams for their no. 1 and a 1st or 2nd round pick next year, and we draft eric berry w/ the #1 pick

slim to none chance of happening, but i'd be happy...on another note, i wouldn't be suprised if ben were traded tomorrow...just my opinion

K Train
04-21-2010, 12:50 PM
you cant draft berry #1, if they had the #1 pick it would be bradford or suh....bradford would make me suicidal

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 12:53 PM
i would get eric berry if we traded top 10.

dennis dixon is a steal. he was far better than flacco and matt ryan in his final year of college.

im pretty sure they have alot of faith in him.

it would suck if ben would go, but if we got berry or thomas, lol i wouldnt give 2 shits to be honest.

i trust the rooneys make the right decisions until they draft o-line 1st round

BlackGold4vr
04-21-2010, 01:00 PM
This doesn't surprise me at all. If the price is right I believe they pull the trigger. As the article in the Post Gazette says this is NOT a Santonio Holmes situation where they will take whatever they can get. It will take a fair market value for them to part with him. Forget about the trouble he is in they are not going to give someone a discount on that. A team would have to make a fair offer for a top 5, 2 time SB champion QB. IMO that would mean multiple 1st round draft picks. Things could get very interesting.

K Train
04-21-2010, 01:01 PM
smoke=fire

first there was no way, then teams were talking about it but there was no way, then they were listening to offers but not really considering it, then they talked internally about it, now they are contacting teams about it.

30% chance he gets moved tomorrow

SteelCityKid5
04-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Im with KTrain on his first post.

Ibleedblk&gld
04-21-2010, 01:05 PM
you cant draft berry #1, if they had the #1 pick it would be bradford or suh....bradford would make me suicidal

forgive my ignorance, but why do you say you can't draft berry #1? due to the pattern of former drafts, or the fact that they wouldn't pass up bradford or suh?

dennis dixon is a steal. he was far better than flacco and matt ryan in his final year of college.

it would suck if ben would go, but if we got berry or thomas, lol i wouldnt give 2 shits to be honest.

if we got a pick lower than the browns, i'm sure they'd scoop up berry before we had the chance to

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 01:06 PM
This is just getting way out of control..........Ben made a mistake thats no reason to trade him away........4-6 games suspension fine BUT trade..........gimmie a break:cursin:

that's like saying gary glitter made a mistake just saying.

i bet this is bullshit, just to keep the tweets flowing to get more followers

i just dont know about berry, he's attitude he think's he's the best, making all these music videos about being the best, being the hiesman candidate, whilst thomas who will probably have a better career pending which team goes too, stays silent and keeps his head down working hard.

Dobre Shunka
04-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Ben's on the block and there's only one team in the top ten that is interested?

LMAO C'mon

K Train
04-21-2010, 01:07 PM
forgive my ignorance, but why do you say you can't draft berry #1? due to the pattern of former drafts, or the fact that they wouldn't pass up bradford or suh?

if we got a pick lower than the browns, i'm sure they'd scoop up berry before we had the chance to

you just dont draft safeties in the top 3, theres no market to pay a FS $40 million guaranteed. hes the best player in the draft with suh as #2 imo, but suh would make more sense for such a huge investment

Ibleedblk&gld
04-21-2010, 01:11 PM
you just dont draft safeties in the top 3, theres no market to pay a FS $40 million guaranteed. hes the best player in the draft with suh as #2 imo, but suh would make more sense for such a huge investment

ahh, gotcha

makes sense

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 01:14 PM
LOl i heard it was the raiders

BlackGold4vr
04-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Multiple picks in the first round this year and next sounds very intriguing. A team could do some major upgrading with the influx of 4 #1's in two years. A trade like that could set us up for the next decade if they choose the right players. :yesnod:

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Ben's on the block and there's only one team in the top ten that is interested?

LMAO C'mon

Rams-maybe
Lions- Stafford
Redskins- McNabb
Bills-Maybe, but they may want clausen
Browns-No division rival
Chiefs-Cassell
Jaguars-Hmmm, still think garrard is their dude
seahawks-maybe, but they got hassellbeck and others on the team
raiders- perfect fit

cmerrifield
04-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Its 6 games, that probably means 0 teams are now interested,

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2010, 01:26 PM
This isn't some Holmes thing here either, total different scenario. Holmes got the 4 game suspension and all the Jets had to give up was a 5th round draft pick for it so either way they lose nothing.

With Ben now..oh wait a minute, hey Mr. Rooney, why don't we trade Ben to Cleveland for a 10th round draft pick in the 2050 NFL draft..because you know that way we could get something for him!! :evilshake: :rant2: :cursin:

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 01:27 PM

i been saying this for over a week now... and i got told to shut up... hell they even closed te thread i started!!! Im not gonna say Dixon is better than Matt Ryan, but i think he could be a capable starter, THIS YEAR.

With Nnamdi and the 8th pick... we could see if Berry drops, take Dez ahead of the Broncos or move again (maybe swap with DEN so they CAN get DEZ) and take ET plus a denver 2nd or 3rd round! Either way i dont want a OL that early. Alan Faneca was the last 1st round draft pick OL to be a starter on a SB winning team (2006)... So if this deal happens, PLEASE GOD, dont let us go online that early!!!

For all you who are hating on the mere thought of trading Ben... i know its hard. A franchise QB doesnt come along every draft... but think of this:

CB: Nnamdi Asomugha
FS: Eric Berry-or Earl Thomas
SS: Troy Polamalu
CB: Ike Taylor

I think... wait, YUP! I just got wood!!!

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 01:30 PM
i been saying this for over a week now... and i got told to shut up... hell they even closed te thread i started!!! Im not gonna say Dixon is better than Matt Ryan, but i think he could be a capable starter, THIS YEAR.

With Nnamdi and the 8th pick... we could see if Berry drops, take Dez ahead of the Broncos or move again (maybe swap with DEN so they CAN get DEZ) and take ET plus a denver 2nd or 3rd round! Either way i dont want a OL that early. Alan Faneca was the last 1st round draft pick OL to be a starter on a SB winning team (2006)... So if this deal happens, PLEASE GOD, dont let us go online that early!!!

For all you who are hating on the mere thought of trading Ben... i know its hard. A franchise QB doesnt come along every draft... but think of this:

CB: Nnamdi Asomugha
FS: Eric Berry-or Earl Thomas
SS: Troy Polamalu
CB: Ike Taylor

my friend with that backfield, i would get more than just wood.

jcloss23
04-21-2010, 01:30 PM

I'd say that would most definitely take this trade, 8 gets us thomas, mcclain or a tackle, 18 gets us pouncey, and 40 gets us colt mccoy and we have a qb battle

coldrolled
04-21-2010, 01:41 PM

Okung and Wilson would be our first two picks.

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Okung and Wilson would be our first two picks.

okung is gone top 3.

eric berry - might be gone 55/45 chance
earl thomas - will be there
bryan bualaga - probably bills, 80/20 chance
kyle wilson - will be their but a reach, imo

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 01:45 PM
This isn't some Holmes thing here either, total different scenario. Holmes got the 4 game suspension and all the Jets had to give up was a 5th round draft pick for it so either way they lose nothing.

With Ben now..oh wait a minute, hey Mr. Rooney, why don't we trade Ben to Cleveland for a 10th round draft pick in the 2050 NFL draft..because you know that way we could get something for him!! :evilshake: :rant2: :cursin:

i wont let you bring me down TG, i just wont!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2010, 01:49 PM
i wont let you bring me down TG, i just wont!

Im telling you, Art II is thinking that very scenario as we speak :nonod:

K Train
04-21-2010, 01:51 PM
okung is gone top 3.

eric berry - might be gone 55/45 chance
earl thomas - will be there
bryan bualaga - probably bills, 80/20 chance
kyle wilson - will be their but a reach, imo

okung will go 4 or 6...not top 3. bradford, suh, mccoy are locks

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 01:54 PM
okung will go 4 or 6...not top 3. bradford, suh, mccoy are locks

i can see that but if i was the lions, i would want to protect stafford for the next 15 or so years.

i wouldnt be suprised if he went second or they traded out to get okung.

dman this raiders trade got me pumped, i would jizz out all my lifelong would be jizz if we got nanmdi and somehow berry or thomas lol

K Train
04-21-2010, 01:56 PM
they have all but promised they are taking suh #2

BlackGold4vr
04-21-2010, 02:02 PM
I would say that the next 36 hours are critical for all the Ben homers because if he isn't traded before the draft starts I believe he stays. It wouldn't break my heart if he goes because I am not fond of the pass happy team we have become. A return to a smashmouth power football team would be to my liking. I want road graters up front and punishing runners running between the tackles. I want a return to the days when people dreaded playing us because they knew they were going to get bludgeoned when they played us.

K Train
04-21-2010, 02:03 PM
I would say that the next 36 hours are critical for all the Ben homers because if he isn't traded before the draft starts I believe he stays. It wouldn't break my heart if he goes because I am not fond of the pass happy team we have become. A return to a smashmouth power football team would be to my liking. I want road graters up front and punishing runners running between the tackles. I want a return to the days when people dreaded playing us because they knew they were going to get bludgeoned when they played us.

idc if they trade ben if they get good value...but spare me all that

HUNT4SEVEN
04-21-2010, 02:05 PM

That would be nice yo:tt02:

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 02:08 PM
please trade ben, i dont care who we face, when we have a backfield like the forementioned as some people have said. how will teams be able to beat us when they cant get touchdowns?

ejsteeler
04-21-2010, 02:14 PM
that's like saying gary glitter made a mistake just saying..
Gary Glitter went to jail over it...just saying....

I know it's not the popular thought amongst all these young whipper-snappers, but I'm right there with ya BlackGold4vr. Plus, to me, that would be the only way to rationalize it. We definitely would not be better at QB no matter who they start.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2010, 02:16 PM
This whole situation is so blown out of proportion and so completely overkill I can't even stand it anymore. At this point, like I said before, the Rooney's will trade Ben to the Browns for a 10th round pick in the 2050 NFL draft so that way we can get some kind of compensation for him...you know, that's how they roll with this whole holier than though attitude.

I'm still failing to see how the NFL justifies itself as being some type of law here when the real law found nothing to prosecute. The NFL conduct policy was written by nuns secluded away in a convent. It's so over the top that it gives the commissioner absolute power to do whatever the hell he wants if he can remotely justify it by matching up 2 words that look a like somewhere in the investigation.

Give me a break already... :evilshake: I'm done with it for now, my head is about to explode and I could give a **** anymore...

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 02:20 PM
TG settle down brother! IMO Ben was the white boy example, 6 games is a f'n joke! Commish wanted to make sure he played the race card to it's fullest!

Big T
04-21-2010, 02:30 PM
TG settle down brother! IMO Ben was the white boy example, 6 games is a f'n joke! Commish wanted to make sure he played the race card to it's fullest!

it will only be 4 games..

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 02:32 PM

True, but he has to cooperate, will he??? Dunno!

ejsteeler
04-21-2010, 02:42 PM

Well, sure he will! What reason to we have to believe he wouldn't......wait....forget it.....

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Well, sure he will! What reason to we have to believe he wouldn't......wait....forget it.....

lol:yellowthumb:

cmerrifield
04-21-2010, 02:43 PM

at $475,000 a game, he will do all he can to get back on the field at 4 weeks instead of 6, thats 1 million reasons to cooperate

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Lol big ben roethlisberger.

now i know where he get the nickname "big".

Anyways.

Apparantley the Browns called about roethlisberger.

LMAO. according to schefter

Captcoolhand
04-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Lol big ben roethlisberger.

now i know where he get the nickname "big".

Anyways.

Apparantley the Browns called about roethlisberger.

LMAO. according to schefter
The Browns could give up ever one of their picks for the next 2 years and still walk away with 10 picks next season. And With Ben! Never seems to amaze me

BlackGold4vr
04-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Ben might be the first player in NFL history to need an "Incubus" clause.

:hump:

Troyisabeast_43
04-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Ben has no one to blame if he does get traded but himself. He made his own bed in this situation and he is going to have to lay in it. If the Rams offer the first overall this year and a 2nd and another first round next year I'd do it in a heartbeat...

Steelers_All_Day_43
04-21-2010, 03:08 PM
OMG...dumb idea to trade. Dixon isnt ready yet to lead us to the superbowl...

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Keep an eye on Adams page:

http://twitter.com/adam_schefter

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 03:14 PM
OMG...dumb idea to trade. Dixon isnt ready yet to lead us to the superbowl...

i've already said.

if we get a stud defensemen like thomas or berry.

how will we lose if they cant even move the ball?.

Clevelandsux
04-21-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm sorry but I cannot believe what I am hearing, especially from some steelers "fans". The only people who want Bigben to be traded would be Browns, Bengals and Ravens fans. Trade him for what? Matt Hasselbeck? WTF is wrong with some of you people? You just cannot trade away a guy like Ben. I know alot of teams would gladly take him.

Yes I'm pissed about the whole situation concerning Bigben. I think the guy needs to grow up. But the fact is he wasn't convicted of anything accept being a drunken *******. Something I'm sure we've all been at some time or another. Nobody knows what happened at that bar that night. Nobody.

Hey I'm a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I don't expect all of our players to be good christians. The Rooneys are in the business of winning football games, not of a church.

Yes BigbEn is stupid. Hey alot of professional athletes are arrogant *******s. All we can hope for is that he'll learn from his suspension.

Everyone knows Goodell had to comedown hard on bigben. Yes I will bring race into this.
After suspending guys like michael Vick and many black players, he couldn't let Ben off off the hook. No way.

I'm just so sick of the Pittsburgh newspapers etc. Trying to run this guy out of town.

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 04:03 PM ---

I mean Ray Lewis was accused of murder. Was he convicted? No. Ten years later he's still in the NFL and still on the Ravens.

I'm tired of the media painting bigben as being O.J.

BFISHIN80
04-21-2010, 05:13 PM
If they are going to trade him.....I wish they would just get it over with. Take Nnamdi and the 8th....Pick up Clausen then shoot for Golden.

Azzurri
04-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Please, please tell me that they are not going to be this stupid...

Trading Ben at this point would be one of the dumbest things the franchise has ever done. Draft picks are not proven players. The Rooneys need to get off their little holier-than-thou attitude that they've been on lately, before we become the Detroit Lions. I'm sure Ben has learned his lesson, give him a chance to prove it. Sometimes it is always the second offense that shakes you into reality. Ray Lewis was given a much lighter sentence by the NFL (ZERO games) and he was involved at the scene of a murder, for crying out loud.

BFISHIN80
04-21-2010, 05:19 PM
If they are going to trade him, I wish they would get it over with. Take Nnamdi and the 8th.....Pickup Clausen then shoot for Golden.

coldrolled
04-21-2010, 05:20 PM
If they are going to trade him, I wish they would get it over with. Take Nnamdi and the 8th.....Pickup Clausen then shoot for Golden.

correct.. but we dont need clausen... dixon is better.

Troyisabeast_43
04-21-2010, 05:29 PM
The Rooney's integrity and the Steelers name has taken a big big hit because of this Ben incident and I believe that is something that both Dan and Art Rooney are not going to overlook and take lightly. Would trading Ben away set the Steelers back for a few years?? Most likely but it took the Steelers 26 years to win their 5th Super Bowl since the 4 they won in the late 70's and during that time they kept the same players and coaches and won but never got over the hump and stayed the course. So the Rooney's I dont believe will hesitate for one second to part ways with Ben Roethlisberger now if the right deal comes along. The Steelers franchise will go on and football in Pittsburgh will not stop because Ben is no longer wearing the black and gold. People need to realize that the Rooney's dont care what Ben has done the last few years winning 2 Super Bowls they are not going to settle for having their name and the Steelers franchise smeared to **** because of a guy like Ben...

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 05:33 PM
To quote you, I'm sorry I can't believe I see another Ben thread...Thanks, you couldn't of posted this under one of the 60 floating around???

I'm sorry but I cannot believe what I am hearing, especially from some steelers "fans". The only people who want Bigben to be traded would be Browns, Bengals and Ravens fans. Trade him for what? Matt Hasselbeck? WTF is wrong with some of you people? You just cannot trade away a guy like Ben. I know alot of teams would gladly take him.

Yes I'm pissed about the whole situation concerning Bigben. I think the guy needs to grow up. But the fact is he wasn't convicted of anything accept being a drunken *******. Something I'm sure we've all been at some time or another. Nobody knows what happened at that bar that night. Nobody.

Hey I'm a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I don't expect all of our players to be good christians. The Rooneys are in the business of winning football games, not of a church.

Yes BigbEn is stupid. Hey alot of professional athletes are arrogant *******s. All we can hope for is that he'll learn from his suspension.

Everyone knows Goodell had to comedown hard on bigben. Yes I will bring race into this.
After suspending guys like michael Vick and many black players, he couldn't let Ben off off the hook. No way.

I'm just so sick of the Pittsburgh newspapers etc. Trying to run this guy out of town.

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 04:03 PM ---

I mean Ray Lewis was accused of murder. Was he convicted? No. Ten years later he's still in the NFL and still on the Ravens.

I'm tired of the media painting bigben as being O.J.

Troyisabeast_43
04-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Trading Ben at this point would be one of the dumbest things the franchise has ever done. Draft picks are not proven players. The Rooneys need to get off their little holier-than-thou attitude that they've been on lately, before we become the Detroit Lions. I'm sure Ben has learned his lesson, give him a chance to prove it. Sometimes it is always the second offense that shakes you into reality. Ray Lewis was given a much lighter sentence by the NFL (ZERO games) and he was involved at the scene of a murder, for crying out loud.

We'll find out I guess if Ben learned his lesson or not. I remember people saying this after the bike accident as well and look where we are now. At this point if Ben so much even takes a **** the wrong way he has such a strong zero tolerance policy hanging on his name...

Azzurri
04-21-2010, 05:38 PM
The Rooney's integrity and the Steelers name has taken a big big hit because of this Ben incident and I believe that is something that both Dan and Art Rooney are not going to overlook and take lightly. Rooney's integrity took a big hit when he went to work for Obama. {rim shot} :banana:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Rooney's integrity took a big hit when he went to work for Obama. {rim shot} :banana:

Politics has nothing to do with this conversation....please remember that.....

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
correct.. but we dont need clausen... dixon is better.

this.

why trade ben.

i quite frankly dont want to cheer for an accused rapist.

i dont give a **** if he is going to win 10 super bowls for us.

i dont give a ****, dixon is our guy now, goodbye ben u ****ed yourself on this one staining your familys name.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Politics has nothing to do with this conversation....please remember that.....

:clap:

SteelJunkie
04-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Alright I'll bite one last time, I'm going to try and avoid Ben threads unless new information is posted. Consider this the Rooney's hold themselves to high morals and standards. Far be it for me to question them but it would be wrong on their part to trade Ben. The Steelers as well as Goodell worked together on his suspension. To tell Ben he needs help and needs to do certain things before he rejoins his teammates, and not ensure you support him in that process is just wrong.

It would be like your boss says your an alcoholic, and you need AA classes before you come back to work. Oh wait a sec we just traded you to another warehouse. Good Luck

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Alright I'll bite one last time, I'm going to try and avoid Ben threads unless new information is posted. Consider this the Rooney's hold themselves to high morals and standards. Far be it for me to question them but it would be wrong on their part to trade Ben. The Steelers as well as Goodell worked together on his suspension. To tell Ben he needs help and needs to do certain things before he rejoins his teammates, and not ensure you support him in that process is just wrong.

It would be like your boss says your an alcoholic, and you need AA classes before you come back to work. Oh wait a sec we just traded you to another warehouse. Good Luck

lol im not giving him my support, he has disgraced us

Black@Gold Forever32
04-21-2010, 05:57 PM
this.

why trade ben.

i quite frankly dont want to cheer for an accused rapist.

i dont give a **** if he is going to win 10 super bowls for us.

i dont give a ****, dixon is our guy now, goodbye ben u ****ed yourself on this one staining your familys name.

key word there buddy....accused rapist.....:lol:

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 05:59 PM
You don't give a **** if he wins 10 SBs? Get the **** out of here. ****ing clown. He hasn't been charged or convicted of rape. Peyton Manning was accused of putting his genitals in a girls face then calling her a bitch. I'm sure you still love him. Dude, you pretty much now just sound like a troll from another team.

Anyway, why are the Steelers doing this? If they aren't serious about trading him, which I 100% honestly believe, then they've already set him up to fail even when he comes back. Think about it. Why would you want to play for a team that has owners that supposedly don't want you and is willing to trade you. Meanwhile giving you an outrageous suspension for nearly half the season with no pay. Rooney is a ****ing Nazi. I hope Ben goes to the Rams and wins 2 SBs for them while we dwell at the bottom of the division because our OC sucks, Colbert can't draft outside round 1, and Mike Tomlin doesn't know how to run a team.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-21-2010, 06:03 PM
You don't give a **** if he wins 10 SBs? Get the **** out of here. ****ing clown. He hasn't been charged or convicted of rape. Peyton Manning was accused of putting his genitals in a girls face then calling her a bitch. I'm sure you still love him. Dude, you pretty much now just sound like a troll from another team.

Anyway, why are the Steelers doing this? If they aren't serious about trading him, which I 100% honestly believe, then they've already set him up to fail even when he comes back. Think about it. Why would you want to play for a team that has owners that supposedly don't want you and is willing to trade you. Meanwhile giving you an outrageous suspension for nearly half the season with no pay. Rooney is a ****ing Nazi. I hope Ben goes to the Rams and wins 2 SBs for them while we dwell at the bottom of the division because our OC sucks, Colbert can't draft outside round 1, and Mike Tomlin doesn't know how to run a team.

Nice post man....People need to stop and think for a minute.....If all it takes is for a player to be accused and not charged to receive a suspension then I think that is alarming....Plus if that is the case then I want every hot Steelers chick in Stiller Nation to accuse Peyton Manning and Tom Brady of sexual assault....All its takes is for a player to be accused...........

Roger Goodell=Hitler and is ruining the NFL.......He is the dictator of the NFL......

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 06:04 PM

"Dude, you pretty much now just sound like a troll from another team."
- YOU

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 06:06 PM

im a troll from a another team? are you ****ing stupid, ben should of been suspended the whole season, not half.

dont give me this bullshit about him not being black, and being white.

if i was the commish, i would make sure he probably didn't play until 2012, with the lockout looming, to serve that a-hole some lessons right.

and with manning, at least they get hot chicks if there going to rape.

and seriously if u think im the only one whos hating on ben now, get a ****ing brain, the fan base is split on this

and tom brady, at least he gets decent pussy to ****, kudos to him.

K Train
04-21-2010, 06:11 PM
lolz at the last few posts.

Big T
04-21-2010, 06:17 PM
with manning, at least they get hot chicks if there going to rape.

and seriously if u think im the only one whos hating on ben now, get a ****ing brain, the fan base is split on this

and tom brady, at least he gets decent pussy to ****, kudos to him.

so really you dont care that he "allegedly" raped a girl, you care that he "allegedly" raped an ugly girl...so you wouldnt have a problem if he "allegedly" raped an attractive girl....thats what you are saying there....

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 06:19 PM
"Dude, you pretty much now just sound like a troll from another team."
- YOU

"Right because Colbert knows how to draft outside round 1

Arians is ****ing awesome

And Mike Tomlin runs his offense, defense and spec...well maybe not special teams because they suck."

-YOU

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 05:19 PM ---

so really you dont care that he "allegedly" raped a girl, you care that he "allegedly" raped an ugly woman...so you wouldnt have a problem if he "allegedly" raped an attractive woman....thats what you are saying there....

^:plus1:

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 06:22 PM
"Right because Colbert knows how to draft outside round 1

Arians is ****ing awesome

And Mike Tomlin runs his offense, defense and spec...well maybe not special teams because they suck."

-YOU

Man, if you ever had ANYTHING positive to say, or spent even an ounce of time away from bashing other peoples posts... maybe then i'd take something you say seriously. Until then, keep trolling around belittling other peoples post... while hardly EVER making a valid football point... or sense at all :yellowthumb:

Big T
im a troll from a another team? are you ****ing stupid, ben should of been suspended the whole season, not half.

if i was the commish, i would make sure he probably didn't play until 2012, with the lockout looming, to serve that a-hole some lessons right.

this is laughable...He was accused of rape. He wasnt charged with anything and wasnt arrested. A girl said he raped me, gave a nice little story, and Goodell suspends Roethlisberger...Im not saying it didnt happen but come on...

I could go right now and say that Tom Brady raped me and, according to Goodell, that would be enough to suspend him for 4-6 games...its a joke

Clevelandsux
Trading away Bigben would be stupid.

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Man, if you ever had ANYTHING positive to say, or spent even an ounce of time away from bashing other peoples posts... maybe then i'd take something you say seriously. Until then, keep trolling around belittling other peoples post... while hardly EVER making a valid football point... or sense at all :yellowthumb:

Haha you think dawg's last post was a valid football point and positive to the Steelers? Ok so Ben rapes ugly girls and I will never root for him again. Is that what you want me to say? :lol:

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 06:29 PM
this is laughable...He was accused of rape. He wasnt charged with anything and wasnt arrested. A girl said he raped me, gave a nice little story, and Goodell suspends Roethlisberger...Im not saying it didnt happen but come on...

I could go right now and say that Tom Brady raped me and, according to Goodell, that would be enough to suspend him for 4-6 games...its a joke

I TOTALLY agree with you. I said from the beginning Goodell shouldnt get into the business of suspending players who were never CONVICTED of anything. The Steelers, and the rest of the nfl owners should be the ones to dole out that kind of suspension. Goodell is now gonna have to take this stance in every incodent from here on out... and take on the players union when he does! Bad move on his part!

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 06:31 PM

And right it's not like I've been defending Ben Roethlisberger, arguably the best player on our team next to Polamalu, for the last 3 months.

Or it's not like I praise Mendenhall, Polamalu, James Harrison, Mike Wallace and even Holmes when he was here. (the real studs on our team).

You just remember me for bashing William Gay, Taunto Farrior, Justin Hartwig and half of the other players the Steelers have cut. Or the people that said William Gay was the next Asante Samuel. Sorry if that offends you.

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 05:31 PM ---

I TOTALLY agree with you. I said from the beginning Goodell shouldnt get into the business of suspending players who were never CONVICTED of anything. The Steelers, and the rest of the nfl owners should be the ones to dole out that kind of suspension. Goodell is now gonna have to take this stance in every incodent from here on out... and take on the players union when he does! Bad move on his part!

You totally agree with what he said. Which is everything I wrote which you don't agree with. :yellowthumb:

K Train
04-21-2010, 06:32 PM
trading ben would hurt bad unless we pulled some herschel walker **** and build a ****ing dynasty

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Haha you think dawg's last post was a valid football point and positive to the Steelers? Ok so Ben rapes ugly girls and I will never root for him again. Is that what you want me to say? :lol:

Not in the least, i dont condone anything he (Ben) did or was accused of. Im saying in favor of trading him from a football standpoint and a team/morals standpoint, if the rooneys want to up hold this "higher standard" anything less would be a double standard. Whether we tank the next few seasons if Ben is dealt (which i doubt we would) atleast they can live upto what they preach

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 05:39 PM ---

You totally agree with what he said. Which is everything I wrote which you don't agree with. :yellowthumb:

go back and read man... i disagreed with your statements about us trading Ben, if you want to argue, lets atleast get on the same topic! ****!

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 06:48 PM

your such a ****ing twat, get over it, he got some young college chick drunk, and tried to take advantage of her.

maybe if it happened to your daughter one day maybe u would understand...

...and no im not saying rape is good, if hes going to **** a girl, at least make it hot

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Not in the least, i dont condone anything he (Ben) did or was accused of. Im saying in favor of trading him from a football standpoint and a team/morals standpoint, if the rooneys want to up hold this "higher standard" anything less would be a double standard. Whether we tank the next few seasons if Ben is dealt (which i doubt we would) atleast they can live upto what they preach

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 05:39 PM ---

go back and read man... i disagreed with your statements about us trading Ben, if you want to argue, lets atleast get on the same topic! ****!

Wait you want or don't want to trade Ben?

K Train
04-21-2010, 06:50 PM
i just have so much to say but everything is being said already lol

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 06:53 PM

LOL, Damn it man... are you ***king with me???

"Not in the least, i dont condone anything he (Ben) did or was accused of. Im saying im in favor of trading him from a football standpoint and a team/morals standpoint, if the rooneys want to up hold this "higher standard" anything less would be a double standard. Whether we tank the next few seasons if Ben is dealt (which i doubt we would) atleast they can live upto what they preach"

cmerrifield
04-21-2010, 06:54 PM
I am so glad this will all be over in like 24.5 hours. All this talk will be settled and the team will be the team

NYCsteelersfan
04-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was traded away the way the Gooney's operate. Whether it be for money or conduct, I've seen this team trade away or release some of the best players in the league.

I love how the NFL tries to act so "moral" and yet they allow drunken tail-gating hours upon hours before the start of games. They serve alcohol in the stadium on a Sunday sending thousand of drunken morons onto public roads every Sunday. But if a guy is accused of a crime (which the prosecutor has already decided not to indict because there isn't enough evidence), then the NFL and the Gooney's have to "lay down the law". I can't wait until bookies start paying women to accuse players of committing a crime.

Ownership of this team has made me sick ever since they signed Tomlin because they wanted to give the appearance of supporting their own affirmative action rule. I think Roethlisberger is one of the top 5 QB's in the league. But I've never been a fan of the entire team revolving around a single player, which is exactly the type of team Tomlin and Arians have established. At this point I would enjoy seeing Roethlisberger traded so Tomlin and Arians can be exposed for the Cowher-coattail-riding hack coaches that they are. Plus I've seen 2 Superbowl wins in the last 4 years, I feel pretty damn satisfied. At this point I would enjoy seeing the Rooney's suffer through some nice awful seasons.

Azzurri
04-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Roethlisberger is guilty of naive, dumbass judgement. It could be that nothing really happened in the first incident last year, other than consensual sex and a girl who saw dollar signs and filed a suit. In HIS mind...he was innocent and did nothing wrong. So, he goes out to the bar with friends to celebrate his birthday a year later. Naively, he gets a little too close to young girls who are punch-*** drunk and starts to fool around with them. These girls probably know of Roethlisberger and his previous case and start seeing dollar signs in their eyes. Big Ben...the big oaf that he is...takes a little longer to catch on to things than he should have.

I'm venturing to say he is now SHOCKED into reality that he seriously needs to keep himself out of these situations. I think he will be a changed man in his personal life going forward. It usually takes two incidents before some people learn. For the Steelers to trade him at this point would be stupid and foolish and, dare I say, show extreme lack of respect for the fans who support this team. He has not been convicted of ANYTHING, other than poor judgement at this point in his life. No charges have ever even been filed. Give me a break, the Rooneys are overblowing this whole situation.

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 07:02 PM

are u going to shut up now

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 06:02 PM ---

http://uploads.filecabin.com/pictures/ben_roethlisberger_drunk.jpg

HUNT4SEVEN
04-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Ben has no one to blame if he does get traded but himself. He made his own bed in this situation and he is going to have to lay in it. If the Rams offer the first overall this year and a 2nd and another first round next year I'd do it in a heartbeat...

THANK U TROY! i mean serious people why not be mad at Ben for putting his dumb @$$ in this situation in the first place?

Zachintosh66
04-21-2010, 07:07 PM
in that last picture... hopefully he nailed the tall one and not the short one... im just sayin :lol:

SteelCurtainYinzer
04-21-2010, 07:10 PM
I am so glad this will all be over in like 24.5 hours. All this talk will be settled and the team will be the team

Until the Draft is over.....that then it will be back to bashing Ben or the Rooney's...I thought it was alot more fun to bash our offensvie coordinator and Mike Tomlin.

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 06:10 PM ---

in that last picture... hopefully he nailed the tall one and not the short one... im just sayin :lol:

They all stood in line at the bathroom waiting for their turn....

Black@Gold Forever32
04-21-2010, 07:10 PM

What do these photos have to do with anything?....Anyways these photos were released on the net before Super Bowl XL........Old photos and old news......

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 07:13 PM

Dude, I wish, but probably not. Even if he doesn't get traded, Florio is going to put up another article every hour for the next 3 months talking about how Ben still could get traded for next years first round pick and Browns, Ravens and Bengals fans are going to go nuts behind their laptop.

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 07:15 PM
What do these photos have to do with anything?....Anyways these photos were released on the net before Super Bowl XL........Old photos and old news......

****ING EXACTLY!

ALWAYS BEEN WRECKLESS

cmerrifield
04-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Dude, I wish, but probably not. Even if he doesn't get traded, Florio is going to put up another article every hour for the next 3 months talking about how Ben still could get traded for next years first round pick and Browns, Ravens and Bengals fans are going to go nuts behind their laptop.

like Jason LaCIdontknowanything (I thought you would appreciate the name) said Hampton was going to be traded last year before the season started.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 07:21 PM

Has anyone been watching ESPN, its all anyone on any show talked about... plus the local media outlets. The thing i find curious, why havent we seen anyone, be it Rooney, Tomlin, Clark, Ward, Smith -or- even Bens buddies Colon or Kiesel, step up and say "Ben is our guy" " We're confident he'll be here". No body has went to bat for this guy since all this suspension and trade talk has went down. Even loud mouth Ryan Clark did say anything this morning in his interview!

Dobre Shunka
04-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Wow, a 20 something male was getting drunk with some pretty girls, and pictures were taken.

Get a rope!

nuclearchihuahuas
04-21-2010, 07:29 PM

Only 4? That's still 2 to many--this is ridiculous

Azzurri
04-21-2010, 07:31 PM
How many tournaments did Tiger Woods gets suspended for violating the PGA's personal conduct policy?

MattyVfromCT
04-21-2010, 07:32 PM

you attack the guy for saying he wouldn't give a **** if ben won us 10 super bowls and then say you hope ben wins 2 super bowls for the rams while we dwell at the bottom of the afc north? after last week you said you hope santonio burns us for 5 td's this year? and you call yourself a steeler fan? COME ON MAN! just saying....

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 07:44 PM
you attack the guy for saying he wouldn't give a **** if ben won us 10 super bowls and then say you hope ben wins 2 super bowls for the rams while we dwell at the bottom of the afc north? after last week you said you hope santonio burns us for 5 td's this year? and you call yourself a steeler fan? COME ON MAN! just saying....

You've got to understand, Roethlisberger is by far my favorite football player in the entire league and Tone was probably my favorite player on offense for the Steelers. He made so many plays when we needed them it was ridiculous. My frustration with Art Rooney is beyond KTrain's frustration with Colbert drafting Hood, Urbik, Summers and Shipley. It's that bad. If Roethlisberger gets traded you'll never hear the end of it.

I really do hope Santonio burns us for 5 TDs and we still win the game. Someone has got to prove a point to Colbert and Rooney that you can't trade a great WR for another Frank Summers.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 07:45 PM
How many tournaments did Tiger Woods gets suspended for violating the PGA's personal conduct policy?

I was un-aware the PGA had PC policy saying "thou shalt not cheat on ones wife"... big difference between adultery and accused sexual assult and/or rape buddy! :evilshake:

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 07:47 PM
I was un-aware the PGA had PC policy saying "thou shalt not cheat on ones wife"... big difference between adultery and accused sexual assult and/or rape buddy! :evilshake:

some people were born stupid, best ignore them.

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 07:47 PM

Was Kobe suspended for half the season :stirpot:?

Azzurri
04-21-2010, 07:50 PM

Maybe Ben's problem is that he didn't shower them with gifts to keep them quiet before and after fooling around. As a bachelor, he didn't think of it. The married guys know better.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 07:58 PM
You've got to understand, Roethlisberger is by far my favorite football player in the entire league and Tone was probably my favorite player on offense for the Steelers. He made so many plays when we needed them it was ridiculous.

AH, now i see why your so salty about all this talk... i guess im conditioned to just loving Pittsburgh sports period regardless of what the Ownership does. I mean the Bucos deal their best players away every year and i still follow them blindly. 17, years without a winning season and counting!

The Penguins damn near sold the franchise because the city wouldnt build them a new staduim. The team was in the crapper and we were destined to move to a new city. Then two dream drafts later, we're back to being a great championship franchise.

I dont think there has ever been a steeler they could trade away that could make me stop being a fan. Doesnt make me right or a better fan, thats not what im saying... i just live here, so im a fan til i die! Whether its Kent Grahm or Bubby Britser.

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 06:58 PM ---

Was Kobe suspended for half the season :stirpot:?

do you really think the NBA would be around if they had a player conduct policy as strict as the NFL's!?!?!??!? LOL, they wouldnt be able to field more than 3-4 teams!

lloydfan4life
04-21-2010, 07:59 PM

Okay.... THIS ^ made me laugh out loud! :rofl:

You've got to understand, Roethlisberger is by far my favorite football player in the entire league and Tone was probably my favorite player on offense for the Steelers. He made so many plays when we needed them it was ridiculous. My frustration with Art Rooney is beyond KTrain's frustration with Colbert drafting Hood, Urbik, Summers and Shipley. It's that bad. If Roethlisberger gets traded you'll never hear the end of it.

I really do hope Santonio burns us for 5 TDs and we still win the game. Someone has got to prove a point to Colbert and Rooney that you can't trade a great WR for another Frank Summers.

Stop throwing tantrums and go be a Browns fan then. :OA02:

steelersbabex25
04-21-2010, 08:02 PM
I think the Steelers have made enough major changes this offseason..trading away one of our star players is enough.

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 08:03 PM
AH, now i see why your so salty about all this talk... i guess im conditioned to just loving Pittsburgh sports period regardless of what the Ownership does. I mean the Bucos deal their best players away every year and i still follow them blindly. 17, years without a winning season and counting!

The Penguins damn near sold the franchise because the city wouldnt build them a new staduim. The team was in the crapper and we were destined to move to a new city. Then two dream drafts later, we're back to being a great championship franchise.

I dont think there has ever been a steeler they could trade away that could make me stop being a fan. Doesnt make me right or a better fan, thats not what im saying... i just live here, so im a fan til i die! Whether its Kent Grahm or Bubby Britser.

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 06:58 PM ---

do you really think the NBA would be around if they had a player conduct policy as strict as the NFL's!?!?!??!? LOL, they wouldnt be able to field more than 3-4 teams!

And the Penguins learned their lesson for trading away Jagr for 3 prospects (scrubs). It will never happen again, especially with Lemieux as part owner. You'll never see them trade Crosby away period and Malkin will stay as long as he doesn't demand so much that they can't afford. The Pens were bottom dwellers for about 10 years and I do not want to see that happen to the Steelers.

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 08:08 PM
Okay.... THIS ^ made me laugh out loud! :rofl:

Stop throwing tantrums and go be a Browns fan then. :OA02:

gravity can flood pittsburgh with tears of anger, i wouldnt be suprised to see ben go.

we rebuild again, hell having dixon as a qb isn't exactly rebuilding, im sure his potential is unlimited.

dixon > ryan > spacko

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 07:08 PM ---

And the Penguins learned their lesson for trading away Jagr for 3 prospects (scrubs). It will never happen again, especially with Lemieux as part owner. You'll never see them trade Crosby away period and Malkin will stay as long as he doesn't demand so much that they can't afford. The Pens were bottom dwellers for about 10 years and I do not want to see that happen to the Steelers.

crosby is a much bigger role model than ben roethlisberger, far more. sidney crosby is the ultimate role model for canadiens, u cant walk into 1 of their houses and not see a picture of him in team canada in their wall.

he is a god in canada, u cannot compare him to ben roethlisberger, no matter what crosby does he will be loved in canada, on the other hand ben roethlisberger's fan base is split in half.

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Yeah we can rebuild again. But this team is built to win now. Well was before Santonio was traded. With Troy back and a good draft, even Ben being suspended for 4 games can still keep us in the SB run. I think some of you surely have short term memory. Are you really willing to go back to the Stewart, Maddox, and O'Donnell era with guys like Dixon and Bradford?

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 08:10 PM

Well, Sydney Crosby is someone you have NO DOUBTS about hanging your franchises hat on. Not Ben bashing but he isnt Sydney Crosby... he sure could have been, and i wish he was. Geno, unfortunately will either have to take a MAJOR pay cut (which he deserves every penny he gets and more) or be dealt eventually. They cant afford Syd, Geno and Marc-Andre. You dont trade a young stud goalie and Syd is the face and the best player in the NHL... sorry Geno! Plus Stallsie will fit NICELY as a 2nd Center... hes prob a first or second line center on most other teams!

MattyVfromCT
04-21-2010, 08:11 PM
You've got to understand, Roethlisberger is by far my favorite football player in the entire league and Tone was probably my favorite player on offense for the Steelers. He made so many plays when we needed them it was ridiculous. My frustration with Art Rooney is behind KTrain's frustration with Colbert drafting Hood, Urbik, Summers and Shipley. It's that bad. If Roethlisberger gets traded you'll never hear the end of it.

i hear you bro. i was as big of a fan of ben (still am) and santonio as anybody. but at the end of the day, you root for the uniform. now i don't want ben to be traded. i feel he is being killed by the media, fans, and the nfl in general for the ACCUSATIONS (inconsistent accusations to make it worse) from a bunch of underage girls who were heavily intoxicated and sure as **** aren't goody good church going choirgirls. that being said, if he is traded, i sure as **** don't want him having success while we fail, especially in games against us. i'd want him getting his *** knocked out, just like i want santonio to get blown up when he comes across the middle this year. but that's just me. i don't want ben to be traded and i don't think he will be. but at this point, nothing surprises me

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 08:14 PM
gravity can flood pittsburgh with tears of anger, i wouldnt be suprised to see ben go.

we rebuild again, hell having dixon as a qb isn't exactly rebuilding, im sure his potential is unlimited.

dixon > ryan > spacko

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 07:08 PM ---

crosby is a much bigger role model than ben roethlisberger, far more. sidney crosby is the ultimate role model for canadiens, u cant walk into 1 of their houses and not see a picture of him in team canada in their wall.

he is a god in canada, u cannot compare him to ben roethlisberger, no matter what crosby does he will be loved in canada, on the other hand ben roethlisberger's fan base is split in half.

Oh god. If you think that everyone outside of Pittsburgh loves Crosby, you are surely mistaken. Every single fan of another team calls him a crybaby, a diver, and a pussy. Just search youtube.

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 07:14 PM ---

Well, Sydney Crosby is someone you have NO DOUBTS about hanging your franchises hat on. Not Ben bashing but he isnt Sydney Crosby... he sure could have been, and i wish he was. Geno, unfortunately will either have to take a MAJOR pay cut (which he deserves every penny he gets and more) or be dealt eventually. They cant afford Syd, Geno and Marc-Andre. You dont trade a young stud goalie and Syd is the face and the best player in the NHL... sorry Geno! Plus Stallsie will fit NICELY as a 2nd Center... hes prob a first or second line center on most other teams!

Oh my god you're hurting my head. lol. Fleury?

Ranked in the last half of the league in save percentage and GAA. Very average goalie. If you are a reader of postgameheroes, you can see a bunch of rants on him that me and a buddy make.

Remember we didn't start having winning seasons until Malkin came to this team. In priority, the most valuable players on the Penguins are:

1. Crosby
2. Malkin
3. Jordan Staal
4. Gonch
5. List of others
32. Fleury

chisteeler
04-21-2010, 08:15 PM
I still think that Ben's suspension was not the "alleged" rape incident in GA, but rather the fact that he contributed alcohol to a minor. This point was even stated in the Commishes report. I stated this in another thread as well. The Organization undoubtedly knows that their players are targets for gold diggers, but what they are pleased about is that they dodged a bullet with Ben not being convicted with contributing to the delinquency of a minor, especially in a public place. Ben's behavior is stupid, I agree, only because he does not take the time to think that these girls would never say or do anything after the "act" is completed. I do not know for sure what went on in the bar that night as neither do any of you, but what I do know is that when you mix large amounts of alcohol with a large ego, a sports status, major money and hormones, and a regretful or very coy female co-ed, something not good will come of it. He is guilty of poor judgment and probably low self esteem around women his age, that it leads him to go boozing and cruising college co-eds. It only boosts his ego, but then it comes back to bite him in the butt, because he then wants nothing to do with them in the sense of a relationship, and that pisses them off and they cry rape. JMO...

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Oh god. If you think that everyone outside of Pittsburgh loves Crosby, you are surely mistaken. Every single fan of another team calls him a crybaby, a diver, and a pussy. Just search youtube.

Ranked in the last half of the league in save percentage and GAA. Very average goalie. If you are a reader of postgameheroes, you can see a bunch of rants on him that me and a buddy make.

Your not canadian so shut the **** up, i know canadians that want to butt **** him, and dont even like hockey.

CANADA EMBRACES HIM AS A LEADER.

He is far better franchise player than ben roethlisberger

no we dont want to read your rants

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Yeah we can rebuild again. But this team is built to win now. Well was before Santonio was traded. With Troy back and a good draft, even Ben being suspended for 4 games can still keep us in the SB run. I think some of you surely have short term memory. Are you really willing to go back to the Stewart, Maddox, and O'Donnell era with guys like Dixon and Bradford?

Just talking about Tommy Maddox makes me ill!!! But, Ben wasnt a sure thing either... hell he was the 3rd qb taken that draft. I look at the team we have around Ben, Dixon or any young qb who wont turn the ball over more than once a game on average, and i think we'd still have a fighting chance. Def. have a better chance WITH Ben right now... not denying that, but i dont see us falling to pieces if he leaves!

Black@Gold Forever32
04-21-2010, 08:18 PM
I still think that Ben's suspension was not the "alleged" rape incident in GA, but rather the fact that he contributed alcohol to a minor. This point was even stated in the Commishes report. I stated this in another thread as well. The Organization undoubtedly knows that their players are targets for gold diggers, but what they are pleased about is that they dodged a bullet with Ben not being convicted with contributing to the delinquency of a minor, especially in a public place. Ben's behavior is stupid, I agree, only because he does not take the time to think that these girls would never say or do anything after the "act" is completed. I do not know for sure what went on in the bar that night as neither do any of you, but what I do know is that when you mix large amounts of alcohol with a large ego, a sports status, major money and hormones, and a regretful or very coy female co-ed, something not good will come of it. He is guilty of poor judgment and probably low self esteem around women his age, that it leads him to go boozing and cruising college co-eds. It only boosts his ego, but then it comes back to bite him in the butt, because he then wants nothing to do with them in the sense of a relationship, and that pisses them off and they cry rape. JMO...

Post of the year....For real man very well said and I agree 100 percent.......I'm with that the girl was pissed when Ben just left without saying word after they had sex and then her and her friends cried rape.......

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 08:23 PM

Remember we didn't start having winning seasons until Malkin came to this time. In priority, the most valuable players on the Penguins are:
1. Crosby
2. Malkin
3. Jordan Staal
4. Gonch
5. List of others
32. Fleury

How'd i know you'd be a Flower hater... nevermind dude, me and you just dont see eye to eye. Fleury is the Ben Roethlisberger of the Pens man... he get blasted by Pens fans like Ben does for hanging on to the ball by local steeler fans. Neither of them lights up the stat sheet on a consistant basis like the Tom Brady's or Marty Brodeurs, but when they are needed they come up huge!

1. Crosby
2. Flower
3. Malkin
4a. Gonchar (gone after this season)
4b. Orpick
5. Letang

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Your not canadian so shut the **** up, i know canadians that want to butt **** him, and dont even like hockey.

CANADA EMBRACES HIM AS A LEADER.

He is far better franchise player than ben roethlisberger

no we dont want to read your rants

Dude one of my best friends is Canadian and is a Detroit Red Wings fan. He won't stop telling me how much Crosby is a crybaby so end up spending every playoff year arguing how he's the best player in the world. I'm a huge hockey as well as football fan. I love Crosby and I'm from Pittsburgh.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Just talking about Tommy Maddox makes me ill!!! But, Ben wasnt a sure thing either... hell he was the 3rd qb taken that draft. I look at the team we have around Ben, Dixon or any young qb who wont turn the ball over more than once a game on average, and i think we'd still have a fighting chance. Def. have a better chance WITH Ben right now... not denying that, but i dont see us falling to pieces if he leaves!

Steelcity you're one of my favs on here bro and I agree with you all the time....

I also agree the Steelers won't fall to pieces if Ben is traded but I think we won't be Super Bowl contenders......I just look at the fact since I have been a fan of the team which goes back to the late 80's.....The Steelers for the most part always had a top running game and played hard physical great defense but QB always killed them in the play-offs from Brister, O'Donnell, Tomczak,Stewert, Maddox.....I didn't mention Graham or Miller since they never started a play-off game for us.....But since Ben was drafted he has put the Steelers over the top and made them a legit Super Bowl contender every year........You can't deny that my friend....

The Steelers will be a play-off contender with Leftwich, Dixon at the helm if Big Ben is traded but not a Super Bowl contender.........Unless Dennis Dixon totally surprises me....I like Dixon and I think he will be a fine backup QB that can spot start in the NFL but he isn't a franchise QB that makes a team a Super Bowl contender......I just don't want to return to the days of waiting for the next franchise QB......We have one in Ben and he already has had a part in winning two Lombardis and he is still in his prime.....

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Dude one of my best friends is Canadian and is a Detroit Red Wings fan. He won't stop telling me how much Crosby is a crybaby so end up spending every playoff year arguing how he's the best player in the world. I'm a huge hockey as well as football fan. I love Crosby and I'm from Pittsburgh.

canadians that support american hockey teams are bandwagoners.

only true candains support the hockey teams in canada because the league stole the spotlight and is changing the hockey rules.

crosby is awesome ben isnt

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Steelcity you're one of my favs on here bro and I agree with you all the time....

I also agree the Steelers won't fall to pieces if Ben is traded but I think we won't be Super Bowl contenders......I just look at the fact since I have been a fan of the team which goes back to the late 80's.....The Steelers for the most part always had a top running game and played hard physical great defense but QB always killed them in the play-offs from Brister, O'Donnell, Tomczak,Stewert, Maddox.....I didn't mention Graham or Miller since they never started a play-off game for us.....But since Ben was drafted he has put the Steelers over the top and made them a legit Super Bowl contender every year........You can't deny that my friend....

The Steelers will be a play-off contender with Leftwich, Dixon at the helm if Big Ben is traded but not a Super Bowl contender.........Unless Dennis Dixon totally surprises me....I like Dixon and I think he will be a fine backup QB that can spot start in the NFL but he isn't a franchise QB that makes a team a Super Bowl contender......I just don't want to return to the days of waiting for the next franchise QB......We have one in Ben and he already has had a part in winning two Lombardis and he is still in his prime.....

We weren't a playoff contender with Ben having a 4000 yard season and a 100 PR. How are they supposed to be a SB contender? This is with Santonio having 1200 yards, Ward with 1100 and Miller with almost 800. It's definitely not going to happen with Dixon at QB. :banging:

Are you just hoping Troy doesn't get injured and William Gay is magically replaced with Asomugha?

I'm sorry but I'm really shocked with this non-support of your QB from Steeler fans. Am I the only one who witnessed our QBs reeking in multiple playoff games despite having a top defense and running game in the 90s and early 00's? Just to let you know, our OL is nowhere near as good as it was back then. Our D is getting real old too and has a lot of holes in the secondary...

Black@Gold Forever32
04-21-2010, 08:34 PM
I think Malkin is the second most important Penguin behind Crosby....I almost went with Staal since he is so great at killing penalties and has had some big goals for the Pens at some big moments....Last year in the Finals against the Wings Staal's short handed goal was so huge.....I'll never forget it....But Marc-Andre is 4th on the list for me.......When is he on he is one of the best in the NHL....But when he is off he is just terrible......But I still can't hate on the guy that was huge in Game 7 of the Cup last year....Flower made some great saves in the closing minute of that game to secure the Cup.....

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 07:34 PM ---

We weren't a playoff contender with Ben having a 4000 yard season and a 100 PR. How are they supposed to be a SB contender? This is with Santonio having 1200 yards, Ward with 1100 and Miller with almost 800. It's definitely not going to happen with Dixon at QB. :banging:

Are you just hoping Troy doesn't get injured and William Gay is magically replaced with Asomugha?

I'm sorry but I'm really shocked with this non-support of your QB from Steeler fans. Am I the only one who witnessed our QBs reeking in multiple playoff games despite having a top defense and running game? Just to let you know, our OL is nowhere near as good as it was back then. Our D is getting real old too and has a lot of holes in the secondary...

hello I think you better re-read my post...I was backing Ben...lol I said we won't be a Super Bowl contender without-Ben....:lol:

scudmissile29
We weren't a playoff contender with Ben having a 4000 yard season and a 100 PR. How are they supposed to be a SB contender? :banging:

what the **** is wrong with you

your so hypocritical.

i love how this has gone to a pens thread.

this is teams list of importants.

Firstly Crosby is off the list, why? because he isn't going anywhere, mario wants crosby to be a penguin all his career like him.

so first.

1. malkin (future forward, already but future of the forwards)
2. fleury (goaltender for a long time)
3. letang (the future of the defensemen)
4. staal (future, i cant see him staying forever)

chisteeler
Thanks Black@Gold Forever 32. Lets just hope that he gets his head on straight and makes things right with the Boss and his team mates, then us fans will slowly come around. It's about winning Championships, but it's also nice to like the guys wearing the colors.

steelcitysfinestXL

Kudos to you too, your one of the few people i find myself constantly agreeing with as well! I know Ben is our best chance to win a championship. He is one of my fav. players in the league. Im halfway banking this "trade Ben saga" on the belief he wont be able to avoid trouble, and they will end up cutting him... seriously damaging us!!! I hope im wrong. I think he really want to stay out of trouble, but trouble may just find him. Like i said before, he's one "wrong place wrong time scenerio away from being suspended indefinately! And now, he is a bigger target for gold-digger and schemers across the nation, lol!

Black@Gold Forever32
04-21-2010, 08:43 PM

I'm sorry but I'm really shocked with this non-support of your QB from Steeler fans. Am I the only one who witnessed our QBs reeking in multiple playoff games despite having a top defense and running game in the 90s and early 00's? Just to let you know, our OL is nowhere near as good as it was back then. Our D is getting real old too and has a lot of holes in the secondary...

Yes I do remember our QB's stinking in play-off games since I even stated it in my post.....Did you just read the first line instead of the whole thing?.....lol

LarryNJ
04-21-2010, 08:44 PM
i just have so much to say but everything is being said already lol
:plus1:

If they trade him or not I'll still be watching the Steelers next year and every year there after. And my kids won't be wearing Big Ben jerseys.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 08:48 PM

You mixed some good points with some heavy opinion. Fact of the matter is Ben is a great qb, that has had a great team around him. There has been years where the team has been great and Ben has been so-so and years where the team has been great and Ben has been so-so. i give him credit when he deserves it ( and i have when he really didnt). Just saying i dont see a total collapse if he leaves, maybe not a superbowl season, but we would be competetive IMHO.

I think Malkin is the second most important Penguin behind Crosby....I almost went with Staal since he is so great at killing penalties and has had some big goals for the Pens at some big moments....Last year in the Finals against the Wings Staal's short handed goal was so huge.....I'll never forget it....But Marc-Andre is 4th on the list for me.......When is he on he is one of the best in the NHL....But when he is off he is just terrible......But I still can't hate on the guy that was huge in Game 7 of the Cup last year....Flower made some great saves in the closing minute of that game to secure the Cup.....

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 07:34 PM ---

Fleury has been a playoffs monster for the last FEW seasons. He, like alot of the team, has a knack for completely shitting the bed in Jan and Feb, and finding a way to turn it around in march and April and riding success into the playoffs! Staal is huge for this team... but i couldnt put 3 centers on my list

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 08:48 PM
what the **** is wrong with you

your so hypocritical.

i love how this has gone to a pens thread.

this is teams list of importants.

Firstly Crosby is off the list, why? because he isn't going anywhere, mario wants crosby to be a penguin all his career like him.

so first.

1. malkin (future forward, already but future of the forwards)
2. fleury (goaltender for a long time)
3. letang (the future of the defensemen)
4. staal (future, i cant see him staying forever)

The **** is wrong with you? Fleury is the most overrated goalie of all time. Just ask Conklin or Brad Johnson. Hell our backups and former have better numbers than Fleury.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 08:52 PM
The **** is wrong with you? Fleury is the most overrated goalie of all time. Just ask Conklin or Brad Johnson. Hell our backups and former have better numbers than Fleury.

I just dont understand how you could seriously say that... but dont tell me, im done arguing with you. I just hope he wins us ANOTHER cup, being he's so over-rated and all.

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 08:55 PM
I just dont understand how you could seriously say that... but dont tell me, im done arguing with you. I just hope he wins us ANOTHER cup, being he's so over-rated and all.

You're argument for Fleury is completely the same for Ben, which is kind of weird. "Ben had a great supporting cast..." Yet Fleury has 2 of the 3 best players in the NHL on his team.

One thing different about Ben and Fleury is Ben was never ranked in the bottom half of the league in their respective most important stats (Ben's being passer rating, TD:INT ratio, yards and Fleury's being save % and GAA).

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 08:55 PM

lol i agree.

fleury isn't overrated.

u might as well say ben roethlisberger is overrated, they are both the same.

not the best stats wise, but when need to come through they deliver the goods

but thats fine, we have brent johnson.

im lucky i support the kings, because were grateful for what we have, and so should ****ing u, u got ****ing fleury. -- to gravity

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 08:57 PM
lol i agree.

fleury isn't overrated.

u might as well say ben roethlisberger is overrated, they are both the same.

not the best stats wise, but when need to come through they deliver the goods

but thats fine, we have brent johnson.

im lucky i support the kings, because were grateful for what we have, and so should ****ing u, u got ****ing fleury. -- to gravity

Canadians who root for American teams are bandwagon fans, yet you 'root for Pittsburgh' and the L.A. Kings? :clap:

I suggest reading postgameheroes if you think Fleury is a top goalie in this league. I'm done arguing. All I'm saying is if Roethlisberger is gone, I believe our franchise is done for a good 5+ years. Maybe not 4-12 or something, but a lot of 6-10 and 8-8 seasons. Maybe with one 9-7 w/o playoffs thrown in there or 1 and done. It's going to take 3 years for a franchise QB to develop (that's if we find one) and Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton, Hines Ward, James Harrison, Farrior (why I'm even including him even boggles my mind), and Ike Taylor will be on their way out or gone.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-21-2010, 09:00 PM
I guess I can't get a response from Gravity especially when I was agreeing with him on Ben......lol

As for The Flower......He is just so inconsistent at times but you can't deny during the past two Cup runs the man has made some big saves.......I just wish he could cut down on what I call his brain fart goals.....lol

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Canadians who root for American teams are bandwagon fans, yet you 'root for Pittsburgh' and the L.A. Kings? :clap:

yes, the kings arn't good, and i love them for what they are im happy they dont have a rapist, instead they have a young black hockey player who is turning into a massive young role model for young kids in canada.

did i mention i have to stay up until 6am to watch all 82 games?

so shut the **** up and dont call me a bandwagoner im a devoted fan.

feel free to cradle my balls and then insert into your mouth already full of utter diabolical ****

Black@Gold Forever32
04-21-2010, 09:06 PM
yes, the kings arn't good, and i love them for what they are im happy they dont have a rapist, instead they have a young black hockey player who is turning into a massive young role model for young kids in canada.

did i mention i have to stay up until 6am to watch all 82 games?

so shut the **** up and dont call me a bandwagoner im a devoted fan.

feel free to cradle my balls and then insert into your mouth already full of utter diabolical ****

Thanks for the extra glimpse into your life......We don't give a **** that you wake up at 6am to watch the Kings......:lol:

Athletes are not role models and I'm really annoyed when people think they are......I think our brave men and women in the armed forces are role models....Fire fighters are role models, the quality teachers we have in this country are role models.....Not over paid talented ego maniac pro athletes.........

Again Ben has only been accused of rape.....So he is not a rapist....

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 09:07 PM
You're argument for Fleury is completely the same for Ben, which is kind of weird. "Ben had a great supporting cast..." Yet Fleury has 2 of the 3 best players in the NHL on his team.

One thing different about Ben and Fleury is Ben was never ranked in the bottom half of the league in their respective most important stats (Ben's being passer rating, TD:INT ratio, yards and Fleury's being save % and GAA).

Im just a lil confused how we made 3 deep payoff runs with such a over-rated goalie... and if your so knowledgeable about stats, you'll remeber the 2008 playoffs:

Fleury was 1st and 2nd in SV% and GAA throught out the playoffs...

yeah he's a bum...

K Train
04-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the extra glimpse into your life......We don't give a **** that you wake up at 6am to watch the Kings......:lol:

Athletes are not role models and I'm really annoyed when people think they are......I think our brave men and women in the armed forces are role models....Fire fighters are role models, the quality teachers we have in this country are role models.....Not over paid talented ego maniac pro athletes.........

Again Ben has only been accused of rape.....So he is not a rapist....

sexual assault isnt rape, its more like sexual harassment 2.0

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Marc Andre Fleury 2007 Stats

2.33 allowed per game SV% .921

That's pretty good

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Im just a lil confused how we made 3 deep payoff runs with such a over-rated goalie... and if your so knowledgeable about stats, you'll remeber the 2008 playoffs:

Fleury was 1st and 2nd in SV% and GAA throught out the playoffs...

yeah he's a bum...

The #1 player in the league in Crosby, the #3 player in the league in Malkin (and the MVP of the playoffs in 2009), and the best penalty killing forward in hockey in Jordan Staal and your confused on how we made 2 deep playoff runs?

We were also #1 in blocked shots in the playoffs that year btw.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to add about Ben. This article sums up my thoughts exactly

Trade Ben!
By Dagger | April 21, 2010

“Trade Ben!” you say? That very well may happen over the next 24-48 hours but be careful what you wish for. The return for Roethlisberger won’t be as substantial as you want it to be. Think we’re going to get a 1st, a 2nd, and a pick next year? Or a 1st this year, a 3rd this year, and a high pick next year? Trade Ben to Oakland for Nnamdi Asomugha and a top 10 pick in this year’s draft? Probably not going to happen. We can almost be assured that the return for Big Ben would be underwhelming.

Listening to various radio reports early this morning it appears that many teams are balking at offering up a 1st round pick for Ben. Are you kidding me? A 28 year old 2 time Super Bowl winner and people are balking at that price tag? Unreal. Finding a franchise QB is incredibly difficult and some of these teams aren’t sure if they want to give up a 1st rounder for one. You would rather take a chance on a kid fresh out of college, who could be a bust, over a guy with Ben’s resume? Okay.

You could have the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft for 3 years in a row, you could draft the #1 rated QB all three times and still SWING AND MISS in your attempt to land a franchise QB. These guys don’t grow on trees.

Let’s also remember that as we sit here today, the Steelers are a pass-first offense. Take Santonio Holmes and Ben Roethlisberger out of the mix and you have no more offense.

Can you win without a top tier franchise QB? Absolutely! But guess what….in order to overcome your shortcomings at QB you need to have a dominant defense, a great Offensive Line, and an awesome running game. I hate to break it to you but right now the Steelers have none of those things. The biggest strengths this team had last year were their group of WRs and their QB. Take both of those strengths away and this is a below average football team. How good are you going to feel on Thursday if the Steelers trade Roethlisberger and all they have to show for it is a OT from Iowa or a Linebacker from Alabama or a Defensive End from Georgia Tech? Will that make you feel like ditching Ben Roethlisberger was worth it?

“Hey, it’s not a big deal, we lost Roethlisberger but we got Bryan Bulaga!!” See how happy you are when we finish the year 6-10 and Bulaga is protecting Tyler Palko’s blindside.

Fast forward 2 years from now…Hampton, Smith, Keisel, Farrior, Ward, etc…are all gone or retired. No Roethlisberger, no Santonio Holmes. A QB is going to need to carry this team over the next few seasons, good luck finding a guy good enough to handle that job.

Next time you start convincing yourself that you wouldn’t mind seeing Ben gone, remember how long it will be before we have a franchise QB again and are a legit Super Bowl contender. 5 years? 7 years? 10 years? with lots of losing seasons sprinkled in between.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 09:14 PM
:plus1: :clap:
and on that quote, im grabbing a few beers and going to bed! thanks for the intelligent conversations BG... No grav, get at me when you come back down to earth! LOL, Just effin with ya man!

K Train
04-21-2010, 09:14 PM

thats my man right there with the patron reposado, that shits my favorite.

take the hockey talk elsewhere (fleury blows btw)

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 09:16 PM
thats my man right there with the patron reposado, that shits my favorite.

KTrain knows where it's at

:plus1::plus1::plus1:

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 09:26 PM

get your giggles in now MF'er... cause in about 72 hours, you'll be crying like you were last year LMFAO! I hope we draft Taylor Mays 18th overall and trade all of our remaining picks, troy, ben and sweed for the 19th overall and draft Tebow! BLOW THAT...

^dems just jokes^

ps. go Pens!

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 08:26 PM ---

yeah, im sure he can make room on his satchel for you too... go head, jump on!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
04-21-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm with SteelCity, Go Pens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dawgs
04-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Why did the steelers call the Browns? I still don't understand that one.

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm with SteelCity, Go Pens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Sens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk :yellowthumb:

Big T
04-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Why did the steelers call the Browns? I still don't understand that one.

They didn't...another report came out and said they had no contact with the steelers...

Lmao at all the **** that was said while I was gone...lol at steeldawgswag calling me a twat...he's like 14 and thinks he sounds cool saying **** like that...Damn, I missed it all...

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 10:00 PM
They didn't...another report came out and said they had no contact with the steelers...

Lmao at all the **** that was said while I was gone...lol at steeldawgswag calling me a twat...he's like 14 and thinks he sounds cool saying **** like that...Damn, I missed it all...

you are one, im 17 actually.

your one of thhe people that called me idiots saying holmes wont be traded.

but seriously people like you dont deserve to live, people cant bear your stupidity.

K Train
04-21-2010, 10:01 PM
enough all you ****s....exchange phone numbers or something, no one wants to read your ****ing bullshit

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Jesus Christ I can't believe I was arguing with little kids. Next time I'll make sure to check your public profile.

Real Deal Steel
04-21-2010, 10:27 PM
I don't believe that they really want to trade him. I think their putting the fear of god in him by putting it out there that they've talked to the Raiders. I really don't think they'd set the franchise back by doing something so knee jerky.

Azzurri
04-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Bottom line...Ben Roethlisberger is a FRANCHISE quarterback...one that comes around once in a generation. The Steelers drifted for two decades between Bradshaw and Ben. The 49ers are still stumbling looking to replace Joe Montana/Steve Young. The Bills are floundering try to find a new Jim Kelly. The Lions are still trying to find the next Bobby Layne, over 50 years later, for crying out loud. To keep this thread on its hockey tangent, the Edmonton Oilers are still searching for Gretzky. If the Steelers trade Roethlisberger, it will be owner MALPRACTICE. No criminal charges sought by EITHER alleged victims...if I was wronged in that way, I would pursue criminal charges to the ends of the Earth. Not enough to get rid of a FRANCHISE quarterback!

Real Deal Steel
04-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Bottom line...Ben Roethlisberger is a FRANCHISE quarterback...one that comes around once in a generation. The Steelers drifted for two decades between Bradshaw and Ben. The 49ers are still stumbling looking to replace Joe Montana/Steve Young. The Bills are floundering try to find a new Jim Kelly. The Lions are still trying to find the next Bobby Layne, over 50 years later, for crying out loud. To keep this thread on its hockey tangent, the Edmonton Oilers are still searching for Gretzky. If the Steelers trade Roethlisberger, it will be owner MALPRACTICE. No criminal charges sought by EITHER alleged victims...if I was wronged in that way, I would pursue criminal charges to the ends of the Earth. Not enough to get rid of a FRANCHISE quarterback!

Totally agree. There is a mass over reaction to this whole thing. I really can't believe that the Rooney's would basically throw away future SB's over this. If they do, then their not as bright as they portray.

Big T
04-21-2010, 10:34 PM
you are one, im 17 actually.

your one of thhe people that called me idiots saying holmes wont be traded.

but seriously people like you dont deserve to live, people cant bear your stupidity.

I never called you an idiot...I said he wouldn't be traded and I was wrong, I admit that...you are just too immature to post anything remotely intelligent without calling people names...you are just proving my point when you say thing like "you don't deserve to live" all because we argue a lot on here...that's what these forums are for; to have discussions, sometimes heated, and state your opinion...I respect your opinions but I just ask if you would try to express it without being so immature at times...I'm willing to be the bigger man here and squash this little "beef"...but are you?

Ps. I'm pretty sure that you are the only one on here that "can't bear my stupidity"...for the most part, I get along with everyone else on here and I think eveyone else would say the same...we just don't get along because you just resort to flaming someone when they don't agree with you...just saying, it would be a little better around here if you could cool it with all the flaming...or atleast tone it down...cool?

BFISHIN80
04-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Any news yet ? So who actually thinks hell get traded? And if so....Where do you think he'll go?

Big T
04-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Any news yet ? So who actually thinks hell get traded? And if so....Where do you think he'll go?

No new developments really...I don't think he will be traded, I just don't think they would be that stupid...it wouldn't suprise me though to see Goodell go up to the podium tomorrow and say there has been a trade, then all of a sudden we are on the clock haha.

Tomorrow?!?! Bout time...I've been waiting like 364 days for this...

nuclearchihuahuas
04-21-2010, 11:38 PM
No new developments really...I don't think he will be traded, I just don't think they would be that stupid...it wouldn't suprise me though to see Goodell go up to the podium tomorrow and say there has been a trade, then all of a sudden we are on the clock haha.

Tomorrow?!?! Bout time...I've been waiting like 364 days for this...

Absolutely! I hope I do not hear about a trade tomorrow and we stand pat at 18--if the Rooney's are truly descent people they will stand their ground and wait for Ben to make the next move. Besides, the team desperately needs a great corner!:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-22-2010, 12:01 AM
I've said it a million times over the last month, if the Rooney's are stupid enough to actually trade away Ben then they get what they deserve. A team that will be set back for years, and fan base that will be up in arms as soon as we start losing. Then where will all the fans be who want to crucify Ben, as we watch our team go 7-9 or worse because we have terrible QB play. Oh it's ok if we suck again, because our serial rapist QB is gone :evilshake: Tomlin, Arians, Rooney, you built this team around Ben, and you consider getting rid of him in the name of alleged justice??!!

NO thank you, and the biggest blunder in Steelers history would be felt round the world. If Rooney does this to us in the name of this overrated honor crap then he should be run out of town. I've been a fan of the Steelers since I was a little kid, and this whole situation is he worst thing I've ever seen with this team.

Thursday night is the draft, and I'll be sitting here just like everyone else wondering who we'll pick up and for me personally hoping that we don't hear about a trade that involves Ben and suddenly puts us on the clock :nonod:

I'm going to try and enjoy the draft now, and forget all this Ben nonsense.

DanRooney
04-22-2010, 12:15 AM
I've said it a million times over the last month, if the Rooney's are stupid enough to actually trade away Ben then they get what they deserve. A team that will be set back for years, and fan base that will be up in arms as soon as we start losing. Then where will all the fans be who want to crucify Ben, as we watch our team go 7-9 or worse because we have terrible QB play. Oh it's ok if we suck again, because our serial rapist QB is gone :evilshake: Tomlin, Arians, Rooney, you built this team around Ben, and you consider getting rid of him in the name of alleged justice??!!

NO thank you, and the biggest blunder in Steelers history would be felt round the world. If Rooney does this to us in the name of this overrated honor crap then he should be run out of town. I've been a fan of the Steelers since I was a little kid, and this whole situation is he worst thing I've ever seen with this team.

Thursday night is the draft, and I'll be sitting here just like everyone else wondering who we'll pick up and for me personally hoping that we don't hear about a trade that involves Ben and suddenly puts us on the clock :nonod:

I'm going to try and enjoy the draft now, and forget all this Ben nonsense.

Hey didn't I just say this?

Where are the idiots on this board that go "how dare you 7-9 go root for the Browns!"

Big T
04-22-2010, 12:51 AM
Hey didn't I just say this?

im pretty sure i was saying that **** too....God I hope they don't do this bullshit

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 06:28 AM
I never called you an idiot...I said he wouldn't be traded and I was wrong, I admit that...you are just too immature to post anything remotely intelligent without calling people names...you are just proving my point when you say thing like "you don't deserve to live" all because we argue a lot on here...that's what these forums are for; to have discussions, sometimes heated, and state your opinion...I respect your opinions but I just ask if you would try to express it without being so immature at times...I'm willing to be the bigger man here and squash this little "beef"...but are you?

Ps. I'm pretty sure that you are the only one on here that "can't bear my stupidity"...for the most part, I get along with everyone else on here and I think eveyone else would say the same...we just don't get along because you just resort to flaming someone when they don't agree with you...just saying, it would be a little better around here if you could cool it with all the flaming...or atleast tone it down...cool?

ok we cool then

LatrobePA
04-22-2010, 08:48 AM
No teams want Ben for a 1st round pick...He'll be staying, everyone can chill out!

cmerrifield
04-22-2010, 08:52 AM
No teams want Ben for a 1st round pick...He'll be staying, everyone can chill out!

yeah, i was just getting ready to post, its all too quiet on the Twitter front for a trade to be going on, I think the Steelers wanted like a 1-3 and no team was willing to give that up. Ben will be year to retire or unless he messes up again. Please, let it me retirement.

ejsteeler
04-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Wow, awful lot of hate in these last 8 pages........
Ben will be here for years to come. :markit:

He did nothing wrong, even as the DA put it, morally. What did he do wrong? Partied for his birthday? Drank with some good looking girls who were allowed access to an establishment where it is assumed if you are drinking in said establishment you are over 21? Lynch mobs went away a long time ago but there are plenty of folks out there who would subscribe to the mob mentality and jump right on that bandwagon......:evilshake:

Stairwayto7
04-22-2010, 10:41 AM
I`m actually sick, couldn`t even sleep last night. I do not want to trade Ben. If he actually held someone down and raped them, or he was convicted of a crime, fine. But he can serve his sentence from the NFL, go to rehab, and get over this, he will lose out anyway, it would be a crime for us to trade him at this point. Hell we just gave Holmes away.

Sir Blitzelot
04-22-2010, 10:45 AM
He did nothing wrong, even as the DA put it, morally. What did he do wrong? Partied for his birthday? Drank with some good looking girls who were allowed access to an establishment where it is assumed if you are drinking in said establishment you are over 21? Lynch mobs went away a long time ago but there are plenty of folks out there who would subscribe to the mob mentality and jump right on that bandwagon......:evilshake:

:plus1: Agreed.

StlersGuy
04-22-2010, 10:55 AM
:markit: Ben is not going anywhere at ALL... He will be our QB for years to come. So all of you bandwagon and trolls will have to learn to deal with it. If you dont like it you can jump off the bandwagon just like you jumped on it. The door is always open :yellowthumb::loveben:

Dobre Shunka
04-22-2010, 11:14 AM

As a Steeler fan out west I felt each and every single day of those decades in the bars and pubs out here (LOL). My lady will tell you of my lamenting "get us a real franchise QB!" > for decades this went on, mind you. People used to laugh at me painfully watching this team struggle with QBs that weren't the real deal_it was ugly. Then, we made a play for one_Rivers/Manning/Ben.

When we got Ben the clouds opened up and the frick'n birds were a singing and I said now we're going to see some SBs again.

The rest, as they say, is history. Keep Ben, who hasn't even been charged w/ as much as a speeding ticket.

Calling him a rapist_"child PLEASE!"

AZ_Steeler
04-22-2010, 01:32 PM
With the draft quickly approaching, ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that there could be a big trade in the works coming in the next few hours, which would see the 2 time Super Bowl winning quarterback leaving the yellow and black colors behind.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have contacted the Seattle Seahawks about taking Ben Roethlisberger. Seattle holds the No. 5 pick in the draft tonight. The Steelers have said that they would be willing to trade him for a Top Ten pick. Stay tuned for this breaking news and developing story.
I would hate to see him go, but Seattle is hurting and I think the Steelers Org. is just fed up with Ben...

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Lol i wonder how the whiners would react, cry cry cry from super bowl xl. interesting

--- Added 4/22/2010 at 12:50 PM ---

Wouldn't be surprised if Ben traded after talking to source. Could be KC. #Steelers' brass absolutely adores Suh, so that'd put em in range. jim wexell twitter

If he goes to the chiefs draft eric ****ing berry

Ibleedblk&gld
04-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Lol i wonder how the whiners would react, cry cry cry from super bowl xl. interesting

Wouldn't be surprised if Ben traded after talking to source. Could be KC. #Steelers' brass absolutely adores Suh, so that'd put em in range. jim wexell twitter

I was just about to post this

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 02:14 PM
It would be awesome having berry lined up along side polamalu. the dynamic duo

impentratable from the front, sides and rear.

i can dream right :D

Ibleedblk&gld
04-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Yeah...IF that trade were to happen, they wouldn't pick up berry...though it would be amazing

DanRooney

I hear Cleveland needs more fans, cause that's where Berry is going :yellowthumb:

I know you hate Ben for having the most successful 5 years out of almost any QB, but there's more than a 90 percent chance he's going to end his career as a Steeler :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
All I have to say is this would be the biggest bone head move ever, bar none, and this organization will not be known as some super, honor bound, whatever like they think but rather they'll be known as the team who doesn't stick by their players and give them a chance when they said they would. Rooney's word would be as good as dead as far I'm concerned. There is no lineman, no Quarterback, no position in this draft that you can justify getting rid of a 2 time super bowl winning QB for, period!

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 02:30 PM
I hear Cleveland needs more fans, cause that's where Berry is going :yellowthumb:

I know you hate Ben for having the most successful 5 years out of almost any QB, but there's more than a 90 percent chance he's going to end his career as a Steeler :cope:

i heard in switzerland u can get these injections to kill you, i would even book the flight for you :grin1:

Zachintosh66
04-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Adam_schefter
A source close to situation says it is "extremely unlikely" the Pittsburgh Steelers will trade quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. #nfldraft
7 minutes ago via UberTwitter

StlersGuy
04-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Adam_schefter
A source close to situation says it is "extremely unlikely" the Pittsburgh Steelers will trade quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. #nfldraft

I was just about to post this.... Big Ben is going no where and all you Big Ben haters best get over it because he wil be here for sometime....:tt02::loveben:

MattyVfromCT
04-22-2010, 04:26 PM
i believe it was just a scare tactic to even further instill to ben that he needs to shape up

Dobre Shunka
04-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Agreed Matty, agreed.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-22-2010, 07:22 PM
maybe we can finally get over this Ben crap now and look forward to who we're going to get tonight! :cope:

Blazedby92
04-22-2010, 07:47 PM
maybe we can finally get over this Ben crap now and look forward to who we're going to get tonight! :cope:

2ND THAT

RIVERS OF STEEL
04-22-2010, 08:37 PM
yeah kill the ben crap already.

StlersGuy
04-22-2010, 09:21 PM

can I get an AMEN ....

Woodson_DownUnder
04-23-2010, 11:53 PM
Its 6 games, that probably means 0 teams are now interested,

And most likely SAVED the blushes of many of you willing to SELL OUT on Big Ben. I'll take the 4-6 Week suspension hit if that's what it takes for other clubs to shy away from making the 'gamebreaking trade' . Let's bring things into perspective. How many Franchise QB's are there in the league (available) good enough to make a difference to a team?? Why even consider trading based on 'knee jerk reactions' to satisfy the MEDIA PARASITES?? Sure, Big Ben has embarrassed us but the bottom line is that no charge was forthcoming and THIS WILL ALL BLOW OVER by mid-season. :cope: believe me!

--- Added 4/23/2010 at 10:48 PM ---

Adam_schefter

Adam Schefter is doing his job by talking to the REAL people not idiots who don't care for the Steelers.