PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisbeger to sit 4-6 games *UPDATE* 6 GAME SUSPENSION

SteelCityKid5
04-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be suspended for four to six games on Wednesday for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, according to multiple sources.
When the suspension is announced, it will contain conditions that will allow it to be reduced based on Roethlisberger's behavior and compliance with clinical evaluators.
Commissioner Roger Goodell's verdict will reinforce a message that NFL employees will be held to a higher standard than the law.
Steelers employees were bracing Tuesday night for what they suspected would be an eight-game suspension, but two sources said it would not be eight games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5121614

Silverback
04-21-2010, 10:38 AM
wow...

Dobre Shunka
04-21-2010, 10:41 AM
it will contain conditions that will allow it to be reduced based on Roethlisberger's behavior and compliance with clinical evaluators.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5121614

So, what's the test going to look like for this type of eval?

They walk hot ladies by you repeatedly & see if you start a verbal barrage of abuse and/or start to physically tremor?

Bones
04-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Four is OK, but six is excessive imo.

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 10:42 AM
4 games for sure....f'n stiff IMO!!

JensK
04-21-2010, 10:43 AM
wow...

It was expected.. Why do you thin Steelers have 5 night games, but none of them, not even a 4pm game, is in our first 6 games? I do believe 6 games is too much though. 4 would be ok.

SteelCityKid5
04-21-2010, 10:43 AM
If he does what is asked he'll be out 4 games. Simple as that, Goodells pretty good with that type of stuff.

K Train
04-21-2010, 10:45 AM
patrick peterson 2011!

BlackGold4vr
04-21-2010, 10:49 AM

Basically it is a four game suspension. The other two are there to ensure Ben walks the straight and narrow. If he doesn't take all of the leagues recommendations they reserve the right to impose the other two games. If Ben were to refuse to take the actions necessary to reduce those last two games the Rooney's would probably cut him. It would show that Ben doesn't think he has a problem and isn't serious about repairing his image. Expect Ben to jump the leagues rope and take all of the counseling that was recommended. He will be out for 4 games IMO. :yesnod:

JensK
04-21-2010, 10:49 AM
patrick peterson 2011!

we would have to fail badly even after big ben returned to even get a sniff at him.

A Pac
04-21-2010, 10:50 AM
It was expected.. Why do you thin Steelers have 5 night games, but none of them, not even a 4pm game, is in our first 6 games? I do believe 6 games is too much though. 4 would be ok.

i thought this exact same thing last night. it's bull crap. the nfl really wimped out when they didn't put the steelers in prime time without ben. sissies.

Ibleedblk&gld
04-21-2010, 11:01 AM
as much as i don't want to see ben go...i'd probably **** myself if it worked out that the steelers trade ben tomorrow to the rams for their no. 1 and a 1st or 2nd round pick next year, and we draft eric berry w/ the #1 pick

slim to none chance of happening, but i'd be happy...on another note, i wouldn't be suprised if ben were traded tomorrow...just my opinion

JensK
04-21-2010, 11:03 AM
shefter said that there have been teams offering picks for ben, but almost all people in the league believes ben will stay a steeler

Ibleedblk&gld
04-21-2010, 11:04 AM
they've talked internally about trading him, and the fact that it went public, gets one guessing

SteelCityKid5
04-21-2010, 11:08 AM
i thought this exact same thing last night. it's bull crap. the nfl really wimped out when they didn't put the steelers in prime time without ben. sissies.

Honestly though, people wont tune in to see Leftwich or Dixon take on a team in prime time. Ben draws more people, good publicity or bad publicity. Not really sissies, rather smart a smart move by the NFL.

Also, would you really be surprised if Ben were to be traded? I heard a quote from Tomlin saying "I can tolerate you until I can replace you"... Leftwich?? haha just kidding. But I seriously wouldn't be surprised if he was traded. The Rooney's dont tolerate this stuff and its been proven in the past.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2010, 11:10 AM
6 games is absolutely overkill, 8 would have been crazy! 4 games is borderline IMO anyways, I'd rather see it be 2 games, personally. At this point though it is what it is and we'll have to deal with it. The first month of the season is going to be rough, we've got tough games right out the gate so we are going to need everybody on their A game right from the start in September.

Im quite certain the Steelers will monitor Ben daily to make sure he sticks to whatever guidelines there are imposed on him to get this suspension to as few games as possible.

Ibleedblk&gld
04-21-2010, 11:11 AM
if they did my little scenario, i think ppl would tune in to see berry and polamalu :D

A Pac
04-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Honestly though, people wont tune in to see Leftwich or Dixon take on a team in prime time. Ben draws more people, good publicity or bad publicity. Not really sissies, rather smart a smart move by the NFL.

there's no doubt that it's the smart move, but you have to remember the underlying truth: i am a brown's fan and want the steelers to lose, especially when they are nationally broadcasted. don't think this is sour grapes though. i feel the same way about the ravens, patriots, cowboys, and vikings (only because of favre). truth be told, the steelers are barely in my top 5 hated teams in the league... however, they still are hated. i just love that the rivalry may finally be back!

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 10:14 AM ---

if they did my little scenario, i think ppl would tune in to see berry and polamalu :D

DON'T YOU TALK ABOUT ERIC BERRY THAT WAY! you keep your hands off of our savior! :yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Ben is not going to be traded now folks, the Steelers have said they aren't looking for a QB in the draft. Lefty was brought in so we have 3 QB's on the active roster while Ben sits out, and once Ben comes back one of those 3 will be released. Simple as that.

They can say they are entertaining offers all they want or that they are listening to other teams, but the fact is they are not going to trade Ben from this team. They know it would set them back YEARS from being competitive in the post season again and given the fact that they are willing to work with Ben and the Rooney's big heart for their players who are willing to change shines through; tells us all Big Ben will be here.

Ben will be watched like a hawk, I'm sure the Steelers have told him to stay home and go no where for the rest of the season..pretty much get your Netflix account set up, tune into OnDemand and keep your butt HOME.

Ibleedblk&gld
04-21-2010, 11:17 AM
DON'T YOU TALK ABOUT ERIC BERRY THAT WAY! you keep your hands off of our savior! :yellowthumb:

a guy can dream...

and i'm sure he won't be traded, but i won't be surprised IF it were to happen...could you imagine leftwich to wallace though...

StlersGuy
04-21-2010, 11:18 AM
I look for it to be the full 6 games however it will be changed to 4 games after Big ben does what is asked of him

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 11:21 AM
I was calling for his head, yes, but this is excessive IMO.....Tank was busted with illegal guns etc etc, and he played in the SB that week...

F'd up a bit IMO!!

Dee Mca
04-21-2010, 11:36 AM
4 to 6 is way over kill. Ben's camp needs to get involved. He will sit more games then players that have been arrested and convicted of crimes.
Hell
Dante Stallworth drove drunk and killed a man and only got a 1 year suspension.

Michael Vick Federal) Felony conspiracy in interstate commerce/aid of unlawful animal fighting venture Felony dogfighting. After serving 21 months in prison. What did vick get 3 games suspension.

This 4 to 6 games for Ben Being stupid is just wrong. 2 at most he was not ever charged with a crime.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2010, 11:39 AM
It's clear that Goodell is making an example of Ben. At this point we don't know for sure if the suspension will be 6 games with an option of 4 with good behavior. Or 4 games with an option of less with good behavior. Right now it just says 4-6 games so it's a big unclear.

Regardless, the NFLPA will be getting involved you can bet on that. There is no previous case to reference for that many games for a guy that wasn't out in a bar beating up people, drinking and driving, snorting lines of coke, or anything else you can come up with that Pacman did. I look for this to be set today but then an appeal to be filed by tonight or tomorrow morning by the NFLPA unless Ben specifically tells them otherwise.

strong D
04-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Ben is not going to be traded now folks, the Steelers have said they aren't looking for a QB in the draft. Lefty was brought in so we have 3 QB's on the active roster while Ben sits out, and once Ben comes back one of those 3 will be released. Simple as that.

They can say they are entertaining offers all they want or that they are listening to other teams, but the fact is they are not going to trade Ben from this team. They know it would set them back YEARS from being competitive in the post season again and given the fact that they are willing to work with Ben and the Rooney's big heart for their players who are willing to change shines through; tells us all Big Ben will be here.

Ben will be watched like a hawk, I'm sure the Steelers have told him to stay home and go no where for the rest of the season..pretty much get your Netflix account set up, tune into OnDemand and keep your butt HOME.
schefter is reporting the steelers are now contacting teams looking for a top 10 pick for ben

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm telling you all, the media can say what they want about sources but there is no way a top 10 pick justifies Ben being traded. They can say they are listening, and make Ben sweat it out but it's not going to happen. You can mark it down, in this post, and others that I've said too. If he is I will eat crow but I'm telling you the Rooney's are not this dumb and if they are I will seriously consider not watching this team for the entire year because it will go down as the biggest blunder in TEAM history, period!

steelersgal86
04-21-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm telling you all, the media can say what they want about sources but there is no way a top 10 pick justifies Ben being traded. They can say they are listening, and make Ben sweat it out but it's not going to happen. You can mark it down, in this post, and others that I've said too. If he is I will eat crow but I'm telling you the Rooney's are not this dumb and if they are I will seriously consider not watching this team for the entire year because it will go down as the biggest blunder in TEAM history, period!

I hope you are right!!!!

HUNT4SEVEN
04-21-2010, 11:51 AM
If the Rooneys get fair market value in a draft day trade Ben is gone:yesnod: Honestly Ben deserves 4 games, i just hope he gets his head outta his @$$ and get his act together

A Pac
04-21-2010, 11:58 AM
come on oakland, make it happen.

StlersGuy
04-21-2010, 12:06 PM
come on oakland, make it happen.

:bigfinger::markit: Ben will be going no where

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 12:13 PM
LOL, I think he'll stay, but wouldn't be completely shocked if he's traded...

Whiz and Ben could hook back up!!!

:bigfinger::markit: Ben will be going no where

SnakeEyes43
04-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Ben is going no where right now. But, if he messes up again he's out for sure.
As for his suspension, I hope it's only 4 games because I was planning on going to the Browns game in week 6!

SteelCityKid5
04-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Funny, this thread reminds me of the talk before Santoinio got traded. Weird.

Ibleedblk&gld
04-21-2010, 01:14 PM
it's official...

6 game ban

Commish notified Ben he must undergo comprehensive behavioral evaluation and is suspended for six games

SteelerEyeZ
04-21-2010, 01:18 PM
First, there is so much going on right now in Steeler Football that its crazy. There have been many posts as of late ( some good and some bad ) but taking all this in including todays events I have one thing to say. The top people in Steelers football is saying " IT IS A PRIVILEGE TO BE A STEELER" They do not care if you are a Super Bowl MVP or a 2x Super Bowl QB, YOU are NOT bigger then the STEELERS and PITTSBURGH. In a time where athletes are above the law it is good to see that the Steelers are making a point to EVERYONE. I am a big ben fan and love him as a QB but I LOVE THE STEELERS AND PITTSBURGH. I am a fan of the tradition and the morals and pride that we as Steeler Nation has.

GO STEELERS!!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

nuclearchihuahuas
04-21-2010, 01:19 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous--Goodell must be on a power trip--way to ruin our season

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 01:20 PM
its 6 games

cmerrifield
I think Ben and the players association will appeal this ruling, but it does explain why they got Lefty, cant have 2 QB's for 6 games

Prosdo
I think 6 games is a bit excessive. This is really going to intensify the trade rumors out there.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Absolute total horse ****..6 games is beyond overkill! And it's 6 games too, not 6 weeks! So we have a bye in there too that has to factor in so he won't be back until late October at this rate. :cursin: unF***nbelievable!

Goodell can kiss my *** and take his "make an example out of Ben" attitude and shove it!

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Funny, this thread reminds me of the talk before Santoinio got traded. Weird.

We saw how that worked out...

StlersGuy
04-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Absolute total horse ****..6 games is beyond overkill! And it's 6 games too, not 6 weeks! So we have a bye in there too that has to factor in so he won't be back until late October at this rate. :cursin: unF***nbelievable!

Goodell can kiss my *** and take his "make an example out of Ben" attitude and shove it!
they are setting an example of him that is the bottom line. However I still do not understand just what he did wrong. I guess that is not for us to now. NFL's house NFL rules..

cmerrifield
04-21-2010, 01:27 PM
If Ben behaves on does all the counseling and evaluations it can be reduced back to 4 games, but if he doesnt get evaluated and follow what the evaluaters say it could be longer. Ben is band from all offseason activities until he has been evaluated and those people clear him back to football. All players who violate the conduct policy must be evaluated.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2010, 01:28 PM
There is no way you can justify this harsh of a punishment when clearly nobody was charged, and all of the accounts are hearsay from drunk, underaged, college chicks who can't get their stories straight.

NFL conduct rules my ***, nobody cares that much. Get over yourself already Commish. I'm telling you the NFL is so holier than thou it's sickening sometimes.

SteelCityKid5
04-21-2010, 01:30 PM
I really could give a sh*t about Roethlisberger anymore.

....the drama of this story

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers

(http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=PIT)

Posted 4 minutes ago
25 Comments (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d817ab3d0/comments/roethlisberger-suspended-six-games-must-undergo-evaluation) 0 Recommendations (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d817ab3d0&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true#recommend) E-mail (http://www.nfl.com/email-a-friend?id=09000d5d817ab3d0)

Roethlisberger suspended six games, must undergo evaluation

National Football League
Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.nfl.com/players/benroethlisberger/profile?id=ROE750381) Wednesday that he must undergo a comprehensive behavioral evaluation by medical professionals and will be suspended without pay for the first six games of the regular season for conduct detrimental to the NFL in violation of the league’s personal conduct policy.
After consultation with Goodell, Steelers President Art Rooney and the commissioner informed Roethlisberger by telephone Wednesday of the two-step approach that is designed to hold Roethlisberger accountable for his conduct and provide him an opportunity to change his behavior and establish himself as a responsible individual.
In a letter to Roethlisberger, Goodell said that Roethlisberger must adhere to any counseling or treatment that is recommended by the professional evaluators to help him make better decisions and avoid situations that can cause legal or other problems. A professional behavioral evaluation is mandatory for anyone that has violated the personal-conduct policy. Roethlisberger may not attend any team offseason activity after today until he has completed the evaluation and the evaluating professionals confirm with the commissioner that Roethlisberger may resume football activities. If so cleared, Roethlisberger will be able to participate in training camp and preseason games this summer.
The commissioner said he would review Roethlisberger’s progress under the plan prior to the start of the regular season and consider whether to reduce the suspension to four games. Failure to cooperate and follow the plan could result in a longer suspension, Goodell added.
“The personal conduct policy makes clear that I may impose discipline ‘even where the conduct does not result in conviction of a crime’ as, for example, where the conduct ‘imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person’,” Goodell stated in his letter to Roethlisberger. “As the District Attorney concluded, the extensive investigatory record shows that you contributed to the irresponsible consumption of alcohol by purchasing (or facilitating the purchase of) alcoholic beverages for underage college students, at least some of whom were likely already intoxicated. There is no question that the excessive consumption of alcohol that evening put the students and yourself at risk. The personal-conduct policy also states that discipline is appropriate for conduct that ‘undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.’ By any measure, your conduct satisfies that standard.”
Goodell said his review of the matter included the extensive volume of material released by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Milledgeville Police Department; public comments by and a private conversation with Georgia District Attorney Fred Bright; comments and recommendations of Roethlisberger’s representatives; a personal interview with Roethlisberger on April 13; dialogue with current players, former players, the NFL Players Association, and others; and information learned by the NFL office in the course of examining the Milledgeville matter.
Other excerpts from Goodell’s letter:
“I recognize that the allegations in Georgia were disputed and that they did not result in criminal charges being filed against you. My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated Georgia law, or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. That said, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans.”
“Your conduct raises sufficient concerns that I believe effective intervention now is the best step for your personal and professional welfare.”
“I believe it is essential that you take full advantage of the resources available to you. My ultimate disposition in this matter will be influenced by the extent to which you do so, what you learn as a result, and a demonstrated commitment to making positive change in your life.”
“In your six years in the NFL, you have first thrilled and now disappointed a great many people. I urge you to take full advantage of this opportunity to get your life and career back on track.”
In addition to the discipline imposed on Roethlisberger, league policy requires that NFL teams remit to the league a portion of a suspended player’s salary starting with the second suspension in a year for violations of the personal conduct or drug policies. The second such suspension in a year results in the club being assessed 25 percent of the suspended player’s forfeited salary to a maximum of $200,000. Prior to the Steelers trading him to the New York Jets (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkjets/profile?team=NYJ), wide receiver Santonio Holmes (http://www.nfl.com/players/santonioholmes/profile?id=HOL657297) was suspended for four games for violating the substance abuse program.

BlackGold4vr
04-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Ben is going no where right now. But, if he messes up again he's out for sure.
As for his suspension, I hope it's only 4 games because I was planning on going to the Browns game in week 6!

That is exactly why they will trade him now if they can get a fair offer. Because if he messes up again you won't be able to give him away and would get nothing. If they can get multiple 1st round picks I believe they will part ways with him now. Its a business decision. Buy low and sell high. Another incident and they would have to cut him without any compensation at all. Plus, Ben would likely face a year long suspension if he were to involve himself in another incident.

SnakeEyes43
04-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Six games, may be reduced to four.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d817ab3d0&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 01:40 PM
<edit>
I'm now 100% sure they try and trade him....

LarryNJ
04-21-2010, 01:45 PM
It was expected.. Why do you thin Steelers have 5 night games, but none of them, not even a 4pm game, is in our first 6 games?

:yesnod:

weare43fans
04-21-2010, 01:46 PM
6 games is absolutely overkill, 8 would have been crazy! 4 games is borderline IMO anyways, I'd rather see it be 2 games, personally. At this point though it is what it is and we'll have to deal with it. The first month of the season is going to be rough, we've got tough games right out the gate so we are going to need everybody on their A game right from the start in September.

Im quite certain the Steelers will monitor Ben daily to make sure he sticks to whatever guidelines there are imposed on him to get this suspension to as few games as possible.

I bet the Players Association gets involved and try to get it reduced to two games. GODell covered his butt by going overboard with the six games so he could concede some to the Players Association. But I can live with all six if Ben gets his act together for the rest of his career. Now let's get ready for what I hope will be a great draft for the Steelers.

ejsteeler
04-21-2010, 01:47 PM
A trade is certainly more feasable than ever but I think it all depends on how he reacted to the news in Art's eyes. If he believes he will accept it and use it as expected, he stays put. If he has any doubt, he'll push for the trade if they can find the right price.
Dam, I hate even thinking that......:evilshake: :banging:

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 01:48 PM
A detroit lion was accused of rape the other day.

edit: a colt

coldrolled
04-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Roethlisberger Suspended Six Games
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has informed Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger that he must undergo a comprehensive behavioral evaluation by medical professionals, and will be suspended without pay for the first six games of the regular season for conduct detrimental to the NFL in violation of the league’s personal conduct policy.

Roethlisberger will not be able to attend any team off-season activity until he has completed the evaluation.

The two-step approach is designed to hold Roethlisberger "accountable for his conduct and provide him an opportunity to change his behavior and establish himself as a responsible individual."

In the letter to Roethlisberger, Goodell wrote that "The personal conduct policy makes clear that I may impose discipline 'even where the conduct does not result in conviction of a crime' as, for example, where the conduct ‘imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person'.

"As the District Attorney concluded, the extensive investigatory record shows that you contributed to the irresponsible consumption of alcohol by purchasing (or facilitating the purchase of) alcoholic beverages for underage college students, at least some of whom were likely already intoxicated. There is no question that the excessive consumption of alcohol that evening put the students and yourself at risk. The personal-conduct policy also states that discipline is appropriate for conduct that 'undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.' By any measure, your conduct satisfies that standard."

Goodell told Roethlisberger that his "conduct raises sufficient concerns that I believe effective intervention now is the best step for your personal and professional welfare", and that "In your six years in the NFL, you have first thrilled and now disappointed a great many people. I urge you to take full advantage of this opportunity to get your life and career back on track."

If Roethlisberger remains suspended for the entire six games, he'll forfeit $2.841M in base salary, nearly $30,000 more than Steelers kicker Jeff Reed will make under the one-year franchise tag.

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Sun Times – An attorney has filed a four-count complaint in Marion Circuit Court that alleges Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle Eric Foster sexually assaulted an Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis student who works at the University Place Hotel the morning of the 2010 AFC Championship Game in January… The night before home games, the Colts customarily stay at the University Place Hotel, which is on the IUPUI campus. A hotel manager had asked Lauren Glisson, a 22-year-old student at IUPUI who is a receptionist at the hotel, to deliver a dental kit to Foster’s room on a floor reserved only for Colts personnel. Glisson knocked on Foster’s door, according to Board. He accepted the dental kit then asked her to look at his bathroom sink, which he said wasn’t working . .. ‘‘She went in,’’ Board said, ‘‘and he slammed the door, and then proceeded to forcibly engage in deviant sexual acts.’’ sexy-plumberGlisson escaped from the room, with her clothes disheveled, returned to the lobby area and immediately reported the incident to a hotel security official, Board said.

lol such bullshit these days, first the t.v., next the sink, next accusiation will be the bed frame was broke

steelcitysfinestXL
04-21-2010, 01:55 PM
I bet the Players Association gets involved and try to get it reduced to two games. GODell covered his butt by going overboard with the six games so he could concede some to the Players Association. But I can live with all six if Ben gets his act together for the rest of his career. Now let's get ready for what I hope will be a great draft for the Steelers.

Bens gonna bend over and take this one, if he wants to stay a Steeler at all. Its not like the Rooneys to go against the NFL's decisions. I look for the PA to try and fight this for future players whom are found innocent, and are to be suspended regardless. But if Ben is smart, and wants to stay a steeler, he better take this with smile!

Captcoolhand
04-21-2010, 01:57 PM
A detroit lion was accused of rape the other day.

edit: a colt

Sun Times – An attorney has filed a four-count complaint in Marion Circuit Court that alleges Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle Eric Foster sexually assaulted an Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis student who works at the University Place Hotel the morning of the 2010 AFC Championship Game in January… The night before home games, the Colts customarily stay at the University Place Hotel, which is on the IUPUI campus. A hotel manager had asked Lauren Glisson, a 22-year-old student at IUPUI who is a receptionist at the hotel, to deliver a dental kit to Foster’s room on a floor reserved only for Colts personnel. Glisson knocked on Foster’s door, according to Board. He accepted the dental kit then asked her to look at his bathroom sink, which he said wasn’t working . .. ‘‘She went in,’’ Board said, ‘‘and he slammed the door, and then proceeded to forcibly engage in deviant sexual acts.’’ sexy-plumberGlisson escaped from the room, with her clothes disheveled, returned to the lobby area and immediately reported the incident to a hotel security official, Board said.

lol such bullshit these days, first the t.v., next the sink, next accusiation will be the bed frame was broke
What does any of this have to do with this thread?

coldrolled
04-21-2010, 02:03 PM

i think he is reminding us that nothing will happen to this player. so stay tuned...

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 02:04 PM

the familiartity that more rapist accusiations are comong through, and that a waitor was sent to a hotel room to fix something, and then got raped.

sounds like gold digging whores

coldrolled
04-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Bens gonna bend over and take this one, if he wants to stay a Steeler at all. Its not like the Rooneys to go against the NFL's decisions. I look for the PA to try and fight this for future players whom are found innocent, and are to be suspended regardless. But if Ben is smart, and wants to stay a steeler, he better take this with smile!

How many weeks can be dropped with this statement?

Commissioner Goodell will review Roethlisberger's progress prior to the start of the regular season, and depending on that evaluation, Roethlisberger's suspension could be reduced or increased.

Maybe 2 or 3 weeks.?

ejsteeler
04-21-2010, 02:11 PM
How many weeks can be dropped with this statement?

Commissioner Goodell will review Roethlisberger's progress prior to the start of the regular season, and depending on that evaluation, Roethlisberger's suspension could be reduced or increased.

Maybe 2 or 3 weeks.?

Article said down to 4 weeks.....

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Alright Ben got his punishment, now leak this 20yr old bar rats name so she can get hers...

KSSteelerfan
04-21-2010, 02:14 PM

This should the rule as opposed to the exception.....IMHO!!:yellowthumb:

Forged in Steel
04-21-2010, 02:19 PM

Four is actually pushing it, but is OK. Six is too many. Hopefully the suspension can be reduced to four games.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Alright Ben got his punishment, now leak this 20yr old bar rats name so she can get hers...

Yeah because that will ever happen :evilshake: ..she's sittin pretty in her living right now going about her life because the law won't allow her name, to be revealed (as I understand it,) because it was technically an sexual assault case.

Captcoolhand
04-21-2010, 02:30 PM
It's business....Go high and settle low...
He only probably wanted to give him 4 but had to make it stiff due to all the **** it caused to the fans,team, NFL, etc.. So he made it a point to give Ben the rope to say, "it's up to you to go hang yourself". Either he can except it and do something to change this **** around or show everyone what type of player he really is.

RIVERS OF STEEL
04-21-2010, 02:31 PM
we can win 3 of 6 with out ben. if he doesn't f up we get him back all freshened up and ready to go. hope he has learned about the new environment for f ups white or black??? watch what your doin boy. you are on the verge of totally destroying your cred, career et al.

i actually heard some numb nuts on espn try to bring his childhood into this picture. damn is anybody ever going to be responsible for their own actions?

sickened beyond belief. :cursin:

JollyRob68
04-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Tis is what I wrote on profootballtalk.com
They should also pick up JAson Campbell and let them battle it out.

As far as Ben. I think he's a DOUCHE! However, If I was the union I'd be upset that Mike Vick got a 4 game suspension that was reduced to 2 games and he did jail time.While your giving Ben 6 games that can be reduced to 4 and he wasn't even charge. It should of been a 2 game suspension and counseling for Alcohol & Behavior or 4 games reduced to 2 after Counseling. I repeat Ben's a DOUCHE, I love The Steelers and I'm fine if we trade him or if we welcome him back with open arms.

RIVERS OF STEEL
04-21-2010, 02:33 PM
So, what's the test going to look like for this type of eval?

They walk hot ladies by you repeatedly & see if you start a verbal barrage of abuse and/or start to physically tremor?

show me your t..s usually gets things started eh watt.

Downing832
04-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Here we go again. Another famous top quality athlete. We spend years supporting and cheering for, tell our kids to emulate, look up to, support with ticket purchases, watch on TV instead of doing other things and like so many before him, he thinks he has no responsibility for all that and thinks with his Dick!

I have been a Steelers fan for 35 years. This Sucks!:evilshake:

TampaSteelGirl
04-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Sooooooooooooo Commish what you are saying is that you can kill a human being drunk driving and only get a 16 game suspension and be allowed to have to privledge to return to the NFL again only after a year but you commit no crime other than being stupid and you get a 6 game suspension????? :thinking:

Hate the Steelers much??????? :OA02:

75Steeler
04-21-2010, 02:44 PM

I agree with Latrobe here. Come on TMZ do your job and let the little whore's identity be known so we can hate her too!

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 02:46 PM
I agree with Latrobe here. Come on TMZ do your job and let the little whore's identity be known so we can hate her too!

she's probably getting raped right now this second, for real because she thought it was someone cool in the dark alleyway but mistaken identity.

Zachintosh66
04-21-2010, 03:00 PM
with Bens Salary... think if we cant find a trade partner, they just cut him? They almost cut Holmes...

I think Ben is as good as gone (trade)... by the weekend we will see him in a dif uniform.

Captcoolhand
04-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Sooooooooooooo Commish what you are saying is that you can kill a human being drunk driving and only get a 16 game suspension and be allowed to have to privledge to return to the NFL again only after a year but you commit no crime other than being stupid and you get a 6 game suspension????? :thinking:

Hate the Steelers much??????? :OA02:I like to agree with you on this one Tampa but this guy lost more than Ben has or will.
My problem with who you are talking about is, he killed someone drunk, lied about it, never seen a month in jail and already back to playing Football. Only had to give up a year....:blah:

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 03:19 PM
To be fair that drunk man was walking in the wrong road, drunk, payed the price, but stallworth was also drunk.

ben should of been suspended the whole year imo

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 03:20 PM
To be fair that drunk man was walking in the wrong road, drunk, payed the price, but stallworth was also drunk.

ben should of been suspended the whole year imo

Wrong, the guy was just getting off working the night shift...

weare43fans
04-21-2010, 03:22 PM
I like to agree with you on this one Tampa but this guy lost more than Ben has or will.
My problem with who you are talking about is, he killed someone drunk, lied about it, never seen a month in jail and already back to playing Football. Only had to give up a year....:blah:

GODell also blamed Ben for buying the alcohol for her as a minor and serving someone already intoxicated. Isn't it the bar's responsibility to make sure that only people 21 and older are drinking?

GODdell wrote. "As the District Attorney concluded, the extensive investigatory record shows that you contributed to the irresponsible consumption of alcohol by purchasing (or facilitating the purchase of) alcoholic beverages for underage college students, at least some of whom were likely already intoxicated. There is no question that the excessive consumption of alcohol that evening put the students and yourself at risk.

The PA will fight (whether Ben or Steelers like it) because this sets a precedent that really gives GODell too much power.

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 03:22 PM

alright, stallworth should be lined up and run over.

pay the price.

coldrolled
04-21-2010, 03:29 PM

he is right, the latino ran across a highway.... but in florida it supposed to be a 5 year mandatory jail time for killing someone when intoxicated. i had a friend with 2 kids who did 5 years for a similar incedent. but he was blue collar...

i still say rooney told goodell to slam ben, becuase he needed it....

we wont trade him. why? it would be the worst time to trade him..

honeslty, he will not be doing this again.. hes not that dumb.. :thinking:

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 03:33 PM
alright, stallworth should be lined up and run over.

pay the price.

Fair enough I won't argue that!

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 03:33 PM
he is right, the latino ran across a highway.... but in florida it supposed to be a 5 year mandatory jail time for killing someone when intoxicated. i had a friend with 2 kids who did 5 years for a similar incedent. but he was blue collar...

i still say rooney told goodell to slam ben, becuase he needed it....

we wont trade him. why? it would be the worst time to trade him..

honeslty, he will not be doing this again.. hes not that dumb.. :thinking:

i heard that rooney want's him gone

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 03:38 PM
i heard that rooney want's him gone

You also heard that the guy Stallworth run over was drunk...Your credibility is shot dude! lol

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 03:54 PM
You also heard that the guy Stallworth run over was drunk...Your credibility is shot dude! lol

i thought the dude was not suppose to be where he is and coldrolled said he ran across a highway.

what a dumbass. lmao.

its on a raiders forum

Allright, I know how flimsy this is, but it's at least interesting. I work with a teacher(known each other for 5 yrs) whose father coached with the steelers in the 80's and is still in contact. In fact, he supposedly still does stuff for the NFL. He says Rooney wants Ben gone, and the Raiders are in the lead as of this moment.

So all I gotta say is congrats, im very saddned to see him go, but thats life. I dont know what we will get but Ben will be a Raider within the next 48 hrs that I know.

Big Ben would put the Raiders immediately in contention with the Chargers in the AFC West.

good luck to you all

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 02:54 PM ---

shawne merriman twitter

#aintnoway Ben Rothlisberger Deserves 6 games

SteelCurtainYinzer
04-21-2010, 04:12 PM
While I know it's hard to step away and not look at this as a Steeler fan but consider the issues and the destructive past that has now got Ben to this point. 1. Motorcycle Helmet issue with Cowher. 2. Tahoe and the woman in the hotel and now this latest issue.
Lets face it just because Roethlisberger didn't go to jail doesn't mean that he is not guilty of gross misconduct and showing disrespect to his team.
I want this issue to go away as quickly as possible and I think the Rooneys do too. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ben in a Raiders uniform by draft day tomorrow.
We can argue all we want about the status of this situation but now we must focus on our team from what we have to work with right now and that is NO BEN until at least October 10th....So that is 173 days from now....

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 04:17 PM
:yellowthumb:

While I know it's hard to step away and not look at this as a Steeler fan but consider the issues and the destructive past that has now got Ben to this point. 1. Motorcycle Helmet issue with Cowher. 2. Tahoe and the woman in the hotel and now this latest issue.
Lets face it just because Roethlisberger didn't go to jail doesn't mean that he is not guilty of gross misconduct and showing disrespect to his team.
I want this issue to go away as quickly as possible and I think the Rooneys do too. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ben in a Raiders uniform by draft day tomorrow.
We can argue all we want about the status of this situation but now we must focus on our team from what we have to work with right now and that is NO BEN until at least October 10th....So that is 173 days from now....

Dee Mca
04-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Dante Stallworth kills someone gets next to nothing.WAS CONVICTED
Vick runs a dog fighting ring gets slap on wrist.WAS CONVICTED
Pac man lets just say theirs not enough room here to list his charges.WAS CONVICTED
P. Burress weapons charges. Was CONVICTED
Ben goes out on his birthday to celebrate. Buys drinks for everyone in the bar. Some gold digger says he assaulted her. He gets six games
I don't see the reasoning behind 6 games for Ben. For @#$% sakes stallworth killed someone while he was driving drunk and got 1 year. That's 10 more games then Ben. Is that all a life is worth to Goddell and the NFL is 16 games?????

jackhammer1
04-21-2010, 04:25 PM
I may get slammed for this but it's my conspiracy theory. The Obama Curse. Ever since Dan Rooney got in bed with Obama, from fundraisers to thanking him right after the Super Bowl to becoming his ambassador to Ireland, the Steelers have gone down hill. No playoffs, The Holmes incident, now Ben. Until Dan gets off the sinking Obama boat, I don't see many good things for the Steelers for awhile. You lie down with dogs, etc. Just my opinion.

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 04:29 PM
I may get slammed for this but it's my conspiracy theory. The Obama Curse. Ever since Dan Rooney got in bed with Obama, from fundraisers to thanking him right after the Super Bowl to becoming his ambassador to Ireland, the Steelers have gone down hill. No playoffs, The Holmes incident, now Ben. Until Dan gets off the sinking Obama boat, I don't see many good things for the Steelers for awhile. You lie down with dogs, etc. Just my opinion.

Oh boy:popcorn:

I can say this, once the old man left the team has went to ****, I agree there!!

DIESELMAN
04-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Does anyone really know what happened in that bar? I don't, but from reading here and there, this is how I see it going down. Ben goes to this bar in podunk, Ga. starts buying drinks to 20 year old "girls", gets them drunk, sends his bodyguard to one of the girls and has him lead her into the hallway by the bathrooms and has her sit on a stool. Ben comes strolling down the hallway, like he's some casanova and exposes himself to her (you can imagine what that means). Then.....

"I told him it wasn't OK, no, we don't need to do this and I proceeded to get up and try to leave," she said. "I went to the first door I saw, which happened to be a bathroom."
According to her statement, Roethlisberger then followed her into the bathroom and shut the door.
"I still said no, this is not OK, and he then had sex with me," she wrote.
Whether charges were filed or not, Ben ****ed up big time. He wasn't setup by a gold digger, he has a sickness that he needs to deal with and get treatment for. He is not in college anymore, going to frat parties, pickin up chicks. He is a grown ****ing man, that now has to deal with the price of his immaturity. I don't know about anyone else here, but if my daughter had something like that happen to her, I'm going to 1. believe her first. 2. Kick the dudes *** that was that stupid to try something like that with my daughter. and 3. Seek the full punishment of the law.

Everyone crying about 6 games, you go to a bar to have a good time, not get young women drunk off their *** so you can take advantage of them, consider yourself lucky Ben that no charges were filed and your sitting in prison for being a sexual predator. I hope they do trade his dumbass, deal with it Steeler Nation.

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Alright guys I'm a little confused and just woke up. Is it 6 games or is it 4 to 6 with 4 being if he completes all that crap he has to do?

cmerrifield
04-21-2010, 04:55 PM
its 6 and it can be reduced if all goes perfectly to 4 or it can get lengthened if necassary

BlackGold4vr
04-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Does anyone really know what happened in that bar? I don't, but from reading here and there, this is how I see it going down. Ben goes to this bar in podunk, Ga. starts buying drinks to 20 year old "girls", gets them drunk, sends his bodyguard to one of the girls and has him lead her into the hallway by the bathrooms and has her sit on a stool. Ben comes strolling down the hallway, like he's some casanova and exposes himself to her (you can imagine what that means). Then.....

Whether charges were filed or not, Ben ****ed up big time. He wasn't setup by a gold digger, he has a sickness that he needs to deal with and get treatment for. He is not in college anymore, going to frat parties, pickin up chicks. He is a grown ****ing man, that now has to deal with the price of his immaturity. I don't know about anyone else here, but if my daughter had something like that happen to her, I'm going to 1. believe her first. 2. Kick the dudes *** that was that stupid to try something like that with my daughter. and 3. Seek the full punishment of the law.

Everyone crying about 6 games, you go to a bar to have a good time, not get young women drunk off their *** so you can take advantage of them, consider yourself lucky Ben that no charges were filed and your sitting in prison for being a sexual predator. I hope they do trade his dumbass, deal with it Steeler Nation.

:plus1: As a man with 2 daughters, if one of these girls was mine I would be looking for Ben with pruning shears in hand. All those details like she was drinking and she was underage don't mean ****! Which one of those deeds warrants being raped? That makes as much sense as any one of you being less resistent to an *** rape after a couple drinks. Unless the girl is passed out she knows if she she gave someone consent or not. Attacking her character because she was Ben's latest victim is cold and heartless. She didn't wait for months like the other girl, she went straight to the hospital after having her friends call the police. The vaginal lacerations and bruising are common signs that the victim was not a willing participant. Doesn't really sound like a gold digger to me, sounds like a victim. :yesnod:

BlackGold4vr
04-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Here are two of the latest "tweets from Adam Schefter:

Here are the known no's on interest in Roethlisberger right now: Rams, Bills. Others might not be, just not known yet.

about 3 hours ago via UberTwitter Here are teams that Steelers have called about Roethlisberger: Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Seahawks and Browns.

Sounds like they are actively trying to send him packing if they can find a home for him.

nuclearchihuahuas
04-21-2010, 06:33 PM

I suggested a deluge of letters/email to Goodell--Now would be a good time!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Alright guys I'm a little confused and just woke up. Is it 6 games or is it 4 to 6 with 4 being if he completes all that crap he has to do?

It's 6 games, with a chance to be reduced to 4 if he does what the almighty Goodell tells him to do. If he doesn't then the NFL reserves to right to make the suspension longer if they get the bug up their *** to do so.

cmerrifield
04-21-2010, 07:14 PM
It's 6 games, with a chance to be reduced to 4 if he does what the almighty Goodell tells him to do. If he doesn't then the NFL reserves to right to make the suspension longer if they get the bug up their *** to do so.

TG, I did read that the evaluations and banning are standard procedure for violations of the conduct policy. So its not like Ben is the exception, its what everyone has to do.

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-21-2010, 08:02 PM
:plus1: As a man with 2 daughters, if one of these girls was mine I would be looking for Ben with pruning shears in hand. All those details like she was drinking and she was underage don't mean ****! Which one of those deeds warrants being raped? That makes as much sense as any one of you being less resistent to an *** rape after a couple drinks. Unless the girl is passed out she knows if she she gave someone consent or not. Attacking her character because she was Ben's latest victim is cold and heartless. She didn't wait for months like the other girl, she went straight to the hospital after having her friends call the police. The vaginal lacerations and bruising are common signs that the victim was not a willing participant. Doesn't really sound like a gold digger to me, sounds like a victim. :yesnod:

All those details do mean **** !! Here is a girl 4x the legal limit, can't remember if she even had sex, not enough of a sample to prove DNA,and it was her girlfriends who cried rape. Is he responsible to card everyone for whom he buys a drink for,did he knowingly buy underage girls alcohol,probably, But all that adds up too is stupidity!! As much as some may like to see stupidity as a crime it is still not one yet.
6 games seem extreme but will probably end up 4,the length of suspension doesn't mean **** if Ben doesn't clean up his act or start thinking with the head on his shoulders !!

Steel Trap86
04-21-2010, 08:58 PM
6 games is bullshit. I don't wanna hear any "I told you so's" or "I knew it", this is way out of range then what anybody was thinking. 4 games would be the maximum according to most sources, I was thinking more like 2, some said 4...nobody was thinking 6 f*cking games, that is an insane consequence for a guy who was convicted or charged with absolutely nothing. Putting aside everybody's sudden disgust for Ben, it is still a little extreme IMO.

And it was said on NFL Network today that the Rams are not interested in trading for Ben, they want Bradford, that's the end of that.

bloom1278
04-21-2010, 10:50 PM
I THINK WE SHOULD START A BACK BEN CAMPAIGN. we have all done some things in our lives that we are really ashamed of. the rooneys should back ben like a wayward son, but not turn their back on him. he;s the first great qb weve had since bradshaw. i know what he did was wrong but rehab him and get him back on the field. if we trade him we will rue the day. im wearing my no. 7 jersey tomorrow, we all should. the hell with all of them. lets band together.

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 09:50 PM ---

does anyone remember what dan rooney did when fats holmes shot down the police helecopter? I think they backed him and got him help.

DanRooney
04-21-2010, 11:59 PM
Goodell is also fining the Steelers $200,000 for all of the off field incidents this season. It seems to me he's punishing the Steelers moreso than Ben.

Like I said before, Mike Tomlin can't control his team. Where are all the guys that said Ben's a grown man and he can do whatever he wants? Our coaching staff is also responsible for what the players do in the offseason, just looking at the fines that get imposed on the team as well. That's why you see them using the zero-tolerance policy now.

Gettysburgh_Steel
04-22-2010, 01:23 AM
we already know who that team is . No matter what you may think , you can never question who is at the top of the heap . How did we get there ? Thats the question a lot of us needs to ask ourselves . We accomplish the things that need to be done . We were not always where we are now . We were always proud , and that is not going to die that easily . In the midst of all the developements , we will remain at the top of the heap . Ben got his rest he has been wanting now .

Clevelandsux
04-22-2010, 05:57 AM
This has got to be one of the darkest days in Steelers history.

cmerrifield
04-22-2010, 08:54 AM
His Lawyer is on Mike and Mike saying that Ben is going to do whatever it takes to prove he is worthy of the responsibility of an NFL QB. Ben is treating this like a 4 game suspension because he is going to jump through whatever hoops necassary

StlersGuy
04-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Let me say this I do not agree with it being 6 games however I do think it will turn out to be only 4 since Ben said he will do what he has to so it is. I also think this is the wake up call he needs maybe now he will see that what he does on and off the field not only affects him but his fans and the city of Pittsburgh along with the Steelers.

coldrolled
04-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Lets sign Terrell Owens and change the medias attention. they will then forget ben

BlitzburghRockCity
04-22-2010, 02:31 PM
From the PG..

Mr. Cornwell pledged that his client would work to rehabilitate his image.
"As far as we're concerned, this is a four-game suspension. Ben is going to meet the conditions and then some to earn back the right to get on the field and then earn the respect of his teammates, the fans, players throughout the NFL and the media. He's committed to do it. He's a winner. This guy's competitive, and they've put something in front of him and said you can achieve this, He'll get it done."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10112/1052568-100.stm#ixzz0lr5Gdnhr

TampaSteelGirl
04-22-2010, 03:38 PM
From the PG..

Mr. Cornwell pledged that his client would work to rehabilitate his image.
"As far as we're concerned, this is a four-game suspension. Ben is going to meet the conditions and then some to earn back the right to get on the field and then earn the respect of his teammates, the fans, players throughout the NFL and the media. He's committed to do it. He's a winner. This guy's competitive, and they've put something in front of him and said you can achieve this, He'll get it done."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10112/1052568-100.stm#ixzz0lr5Gdnhr

Love it and.....:loveben:

DanRooney
04-22-2010, 03:39 PM
This has got to be one of the darkest days in Steelers history.

Just bad luck ever since last's years draft. We draft Kraig Urbik, Frank Summers, and Shipley, Polamalu goes down week 1, our D blows multiple 4th quarter leads, Smith goes down, we lose to the Browns after Tomlin says he's going to unleash hell, Ben gets his 2nd sexual assault allegation, SanSmokio tells a kid to kill himself on Twitter then gets busted for substance abuse and is suspended for 4 games, we trade him for a ****ing 5th round pick, and now we're talking about shipping Ben.

GIVE US A ****ING BREAK GOD! PLEASE!!!

LatrobePA
04-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Did you type that all in one breath? Good stuff, spot on man!!!

Just bad luck ever since last's years draft. We draft Kraig Urbik, Frank Summers, and Shipley, Polamalu goes down week 1, our D blows multiple 4th quarter leads, Smith goes down, we lose to the Browns after Tomlin says he's going to unleash hell, Ben gets his 2nd sexual assault allegation, SanSmokio tells a kid to kill himself on Twitter then gets busted for substance abuse and is suspended for 4 games, we trade him for a ****ing 5th round pick, and now we're talking about shipping Ben.

Zachintosh66
04-22-2010, 04:28 PM
TO would be the best #5 WR in the league! LMAO

chisteeler
04-22-2010, 04:41 PM

Not to mention the Old Man goes off to Ireland. When the Cat's away the mice will play...AHHHH!

REBAR
04-23-2010, 08:09 AM
i'm torn, but for you fans that hate goodell for the 6 game suspension you might want to check one of these out.. uckfayt.com/roger_goodell

pretty funny stuff...

ejsteeler
04-23-2010, 09:06 AM
......SanSmokio........

Now THAT was funny!!!!! :hilarious:

LatrobePA
04-23-2010, 09:12 AM
yaawwwnnnn!!! give it a rest or post into one of the other Bens thread!!