PDA

View Full Version : Is Ben an Alcoholic?

Iron City South
04-16-2010, 02:11 PM
So with all the detailed reports on thesmokinggun.com that now paint Roethlisberger as a sexual predator, the next phase of grief, after anger and depression, is obviously acceptance. I've come to accept that our QB is a fat, lazy, drunken sexual predator. :evilshake:

Do I want to get rid of him? No, I just want to know what’s driving the reckless behavior of a 28 year old adult that is now well beyond his college years so that he is cured. Yes, I said “cured” because I think what he has is an illness and I think that illness is called ALCOHOLISM.

What are the two common themes that have always surfaced around Ben? ..... That’s right, alcohol and women. One leads itself to problems with the other. :2cents:

So then, what is it about the alcohol with Roethlisberger? It’s obviously a big issue in his life. What’s driving this reckless behavior as a 28 yrs old adult and well beyond his college years? Is he lonely? Is he just bored? Is it childhood issues? Loss of his mother at an early age? Or is he just a self-indulgent arrogant prick who suffers from a serious case of EAE (elitist athlete entitlement) where he honestly believes his money allows him to live a lifestyle above the law?

I don’t know the answer, but what I do know and believe . . . is that ALCOHOL is the drug of choice in Roethlisberger’s life for quite some time .... and it’s now obviously at a point where it's a problem.

:imho:

ejsteeler
04-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Alcohol is part of the problem, I agree. However, it is rarely the whole problem. Root cause is what needs resolved. What that is is anyones guess and requires a bit more education than I have or am willing to have.....

LatrobePA
04-16-2010, 02:16 PM
I doubt it, I personally think he's just a prick that thinks everyone owes him something, be it sex, food, motorcycles, etc etc....

This is the same guy that wouldn't sign an autograph for a player on his own team to donate to his charity...Ben is just a dick-head!!

TampaSteelGirl
04-16-2010, 02:17 PM
ICS you better choose your words more wisely....sexual predator???????? Not a good choice!

This thread sucks and I won't respond again....oh and nice double standard there!

steelersgal86
04-16-2010, 02:22 PM
:sux:

StlersGuy
04-16-2010, 02:24 PM
who cares if he is.... as long as he shows up to play and we can get his parting underwrap then let the man be

lloydfan4life
04-16-2010, 02:27 PM
I doubt it, I personally think he's just a prick that thinks everyone owes him something, be it sex, food, motorcycles, etc etc....

This is the same guy that wouldn't sign an autograph for a player on his own team to donate to his charity...Ben is just a dick-head!!

:yesnod: what he said

Steelerlyn
04-16-2010, 03:06 PM
In my book Ben is a PIG

Big T
04-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Ben is a douche bag...we all know that and have known that for quite sometime...having said that, he is the QB for the Pittsburgh Steelers and has done a lot or this team...Maybe he's made some mistakes, he is human after all, and maybe he has a problem with alcohol but as long as he is on the field playing for this football team, I will support and root for him....

LatrobePA
04-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Ben is a douche bag...we all know that and have known that for quite sometime...having said that, he is the QB for the Pittsburgh Steelers and has done a lot or this team...Maybe he's made some mistakes, he is human after all, and maybe he has a problem with alcohol but as long as he is on the field playing for this football team, I will support and root for him....

I agree 100% and because he's ALL THE ABOVE, doesn't make me not want him to continue doing the things he does on the field, but this is an eye opener for sure!!

Steel Trap86
04-16-2010, 03:25 PM
I've come to accept that our QB is a fat, lazy, drunken sexual predator.

I think what he has is an illness and I think that illness is called ALCOHOLISM.

What are the two common themes that have always surfaced around Ben? ..... That’s right, alcohol and women. One leads itself to problems with the other

I don’t know the answer, but what I do know and believe . . . is that ALCOHOL is the drug of choice in Roethlisberger’s life for quite some time .... and it’s now obviously at a point where it's a problem.

Jesus christ man you should write for the National Enquirer. I take it you don't get out too often? Just because he likes to knock some shots back and have a few beers in his free time doesn't make him an alchoholic lol, and 2 girls claiming he raped or degraded them in some way doesn't make him a "sexual predator" he never got charged with anything. It's threads, articles and theories just like this that blow everything way off the ground. The guy hasn't been charged with anything, quit it with the Sexual Predator, Alcoholic, devil man rapist comments. well crafted though

SnakeEyes43
04-16-2010, 03:58 PM
This thread is :ply: (retarded).

Iron City South
04-16-2010, 04:24 PM
ICS you better choose your words more wisely....sexual predator???????? Not a good choice!

This thread sucks and I won't respond again....oh and nice double standard there!

I'll bet I know where TamponSteelGirl and Steelersgal86 are at on this cycle? :lol:

http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/familydevelopment/images/07421d_1.gif

If you need help getting off level II ... let me know. :hilarious:

75Steeler
04-16-2010, 04:25 PM
No real basis for this thread!

StlersGuy
04-16-2010, 04:33 PM
:worthless:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Let's watch ourselves in this thread...we have more than enough Ben threads as it is and this one can potentially go nowhere good very quickly...

HUNT4SEVEN
04-16-2010, 05:48 PM
More like Liquored up Sexual predator:evilshake: I'm done with Ben...and for all the people who tries to defend Bens BEHAIVOR u all should get help also, Even though he has not been charged with anything! why are all these girls making these accusations up? The latest claim in GA said the father of the girl told her not to press charges WTF are u kidding me? i just hope Ben does not run into anyone of u all family female members if u think his actions are ok...

strong D
04-16-2010, 06:43 PM
More like Liquored up Sexual predator:evilshake: I'm done with Ben...and for all the people who tries to defend Bens BEHAIVOR u all should get help also, Even though he has not been charged with anything! why are all these girls making these accusations up? The latest claim in GA said the father of the girl told her not to press charges WTF are u kidding me? i just hope Ben does not run into anyone of u all family female members if u think his actions are ok...

i havent seen one person on here condone bens actions but that being said in this country you are innocent til proven guilty and none of us were there so we cant say for sure wat happened

StlersGuy
04-16-2010, 07:10 PM
someone please close this thread it is going NO WHERE

HUNT4SEVEN
04-16-2010, 08:21 PM
i havent seen one person on here condone bens actions but that being said in this country you are innocent til proven guilty and none of us were there so we cant say for sure wat happened

Remember the last part of your statement when a black athlete get's into trouble in the future please! to the other part of your statement... I believe i said( IF ) u think his actions are ok, It's about being accountable for your actions whether u are a Black athlete or a White athlete seriously!

Captcoolhand
04-16-2010, 08:35 PM
this coming from a guy that thinks our president is a god....

DanRooney
04-16-2010, 09:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1iAjqheggs&feature=related
Great video.

strong D
04-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Remember the last part of your statement when a black athlete get's into trouble in the future please! to the other part of your statement... I believe i said( IF ) u think his actions are ok, It's about being accountable for your actions whether u are a Black athlete or a White athlete seriously!

if ur tryin to imply that i might be racist u are insane i dont see color when someone screws up and is proven guilty then they pay for their actions black,white,yellow,purple,green it doesnt matter

Dee Mca
04-16-2010, 09:59 PM
I just want to know what’s driving the reckless behavior of a 28 year old adult that is now well beyond his college years so that he is cured

The hundred million dollar contract could be his problem.

Not condoning Ben either but in this day and age especially with economy in the shitter everyone is looking for the easy buck. What better way than to say you was assulted? Not saying he did or didn't do anything but then again he hasn't been charged with any crimes. Both stories are filled with as many holes as fleury in game one against the Sens.

Moondog
04-16-2010, 10:01 PM
I often wondered if Ben suffers from alcoholism also. I do think there are deeper issues going on than Ben just being an *******. He has definitely displayed some insane behavior in doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Alcohol use is but a symptom, the true root of alcoholism is a thinking problem. I will not hurl stones, everyone has had their problems in life. I just hope if Ben does have some kind of problem, be it alcohol or sex or both that he humbles himself to seek some help. In the end it's up to Ben to take a look at himself. IMHO of course.

HUNT4SEVEN
04-16-2010, 10:11 PM
if ur tryin to imply that i might be racist u are insane i dont see color when someone screws up and is proven guilty then they pay for their actions black,white,yellow,purple,green it doesnt matter

I'm not implying that u are a racist, you have the right to do and be what u want to be here in america, i meant what i said to u for all of us on this site, i should have rephrase what i was trying to say:yesnod: u brought up a great point a person is innocent untill proving guilty, so i want all of us to remember that...I don't play games and and could care less what a person is or believes as long as we respect one another on that note i'm out :tt02:

Iron City South
04-16-2010, 10:12 PM
I often wondered if Ben suffers from alcoholism also. I do think there are deeper issues going on than Ben just being an *******. He has definitely displayed some insane behavior in doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Alcohol use is but a symptom, the true root of alcoholism is a thinking problem. I will not hurl stones, everyone has had their problems in life. I just hope if Ben does have some kind of problem, be it alcohol or sex or both that he humbles himself to seek some help. In the end it's up to Ben to take a look at himself. IMHO of course.

:plus1:

Good post Moondog. You obviously understand the crux of the thread. My intent was to get some thoughts and opinions on the possibility that Ben may be suffering from other problems which are the cause of his irrational and immature behavior.

HUNT4SEVEN
04-16-2010, 10:13 PM

Excellent point:clap: Thank u:yellowthumb:

StlersGuy
04-16-2010, 10:15 PM
this coming from a guy that thinks our president is a god....

:thinking: wait you telling me he is not god :banging:

Danger DANJ
04-16-2010, 11:12 PM
Honestly, I don't know if Ben is an Alcoholic. It's not like he shows up to games drunk... I don't think. lol. Perhaps when he does drink, he turns into an even bigger dick than he is sober, but that's about it. The bottom line is that Ben is a dick. I'm not sure if there are underlying causes that made him that way. I feel not everyone is the way they are because of how they were raised or from some moment in their life that messed them up... some people are just born to be dicks.

From all of the investigation material that was released, I have a hard time believing Ben did not force himself on that girl or at least take advantage of a really drunk girl who had no idea what was going on. I keep trying to tell myself how easy it is for those girls to lie and make it all up, but with the McNulty allegation and reports of other girls he might have done the same thing to... I just don't know.

At this point I can only hope Ben will straighten out and no more incidents will ever occur. After he comes back from his suspension, which I'm positive there will be, I will certainly be rooting him on.

NCSteeler
04-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Problem with alcohol? Probably Big changes since the motorcycle wreck. Quite possibly some frontal lobe damage. Personality changes, detachment from normal social convention.

Who knows. He's a douche one way or another.

coldrolled
04-17-2010, 10:20 AM
ben needs to face the fact that he cant handle alcohol. does he attack women and act stupid when he is straight.. no. the rooneys need to send him to AA and tell goodell he needs to goto to AA.. it is the root of his whole problem. if he stays straight he wont grope. if he drinks he acts like a wild comanche.. im sure most of you have some friend that drinks and gets freakin cranked up and you have to watch what they do while your out with them. this is not that hard to figure out. he needs AA. not a suspension, not a fine, he needs help. then tell the media this will cure his ills. he needs help... make the media feel sorry for him.

Iron City South
04-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Problem with alcohol? Probably Big changes since the motorcycle wreck. Quite possibly some frontal lobe damage. Personality changes, detachment from normal social convention.

Who knows. He's a douche one way or another.

Didn't even think about the wreck ... you may have something there. :yellowthumb:

StlersGuy
04-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Didn't even think about the wreck ... you may have something there. :yellowthumb:

um someone hit him he did not hit someone... If you recall she pulled out in front of HIM....

BlackGold4vr
04-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Apparently, there is a third victim who claims Ben raped her about 6 months ago in Vegas. How many girls must come forward and how many accusations will it take before you Ben homers stop defending this Piece Of ****? The guy is pure trash in my mind. There are no acceptable reasons for rape. Ever heard of hookers Ben? If you can't find a willing partner with your charms there are plenty of working girls who would pretend to dig you for your money. I am really hoping for that trade because it will sicken me to see this POS under center.

:cursin:

Imagine that any of these girls are your daughter, sister, or mother. Do you still want to slob Bens knob?

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/2113957/manion-dc-big-ben-had-allegations-vegas

StlersGuy
04-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Apparently, there is a third victim who claims Ben raped her about 6 months ago in Vegas. How many girls must come forward and how many accusations will it take before you Ben homers stop defending this Piece Of ****? The guy is pure trash in my mind. There are no acceptable reasons for rape. Ever heard of hookers Ben? If you can't find a willing partner with your charms there are plenty of working girls who would pretend to dig you for your money. I am really hoping for that trade because it will sicken me to see this POS under center.

Imagine that any of these girls are your daughter, sister, or mother. Do you still want to slob Bens knob?

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/2113957/manion-dc-big-ben-had-allegations-vegas

not defending him just saying there is always 2 sides to a story and alot of woman see nothing but GOLD when he walks in a club.. so what gets me is he puts himself into these situations to start off with.. Dont get me wrong if he did do something like rape then he should be gone but there is always 2 sides of he story and we as fans should not take sides.

franchise3
04-17-2010, 11:40 AM
So you are a woman and you get raped by a star NFL player and you decide to not sue him? Yeah right.... Unless, of course, he gave her some money right away to keep her mouth shot

BlackGold4vr
04-17-2010, 11:48 AM
not defending him just saying there is always 2 sides to a story and alot of woman see nothing but GOLD when he walks in a club.. so what gets me is he puts himself into these situations to start off with.. Dont get me wrong if he did do something like rape then he should be gone but there is always 2 sides of he story and we as fans should not take sides.

There have been thousands of rich single sports celebrities who have never been accused of rape. Rape is forced sex. Most women know whether they consented or not to sexual intercourse. 3 different incidents and maybe more that have yet to surface. Exactly how many girls need to be raped before people see him for what he is and that is a creep. How do you explain that this girl in Georgia had lots of bruising on her inner thighs which are classic symptoms of rape? Im just not buying that everybody is out to get Ben. I hope he is traded.

Dallas Burgher
04-17-2010, 11:53 AM
a lot of signs of being an alcoholic or having been raised by alcoholics. I am speaking from experience here in being an adult child of an alcoholic.

I honestly think he should be in some kind of counseling to find out what is the problem(s). It may lead to a twelve step program, or it may not, I don't know. If his problem is as serious as what I suspect a suspension won't be enough to turn him around. I hope I am wrong but am afraid I am right.

SteelJunkie
04-17-2010, 11:54 AM

Actually, the lawyer quickly backtracked from his story right after that show. He was just wanting his 15 min of fame. TBH I would hope my daughter wouldn't act like the girls in GA. Now if the media would actually quit bringing different stories of Ben up every 5 min, I could actually get more draft news in.

Here is a good article about the media slamming Ben http://ludwig.squarespace.com/politics-journal/2010/4/15/the-media-lynching-of-ben-roethlisberger.html

BlackGold4vr
04-17-2010, 12:20 PM
http://newsmax.com/Estrich/Ben-Roethlisberger-rape-NFL/2010/04/16/id/355926

Susan Estrich is a law professor at USC and knows a thing or two about criminal law. Tough to convict doesn't mean innocent.

SteelJunkie
04-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Yes I understand its hard to convict, even harder when stories keep changing. I'm just hope Ben does what he needs to do, and never puts himself in a position like this again. Its obvious no one will know what happened that night. I just want Ben to get what help he needs, and does the right thing.

This bring dragged out is making the off season longer then what it is. I just want my football lol

BlackGold4vr
04-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Yes I understand its hard to convict, even harder when stories keep changing. I'm just hope Ben does what he needs to do, and never puts himself in a position like this again. Its obvious no one will know what happened that night. I just want Ben to get what help he needs, and does the right thing.

This bring dragged out is making the off season longer then what it is. I just want my football lol

I hear ya. But I still enjoyed Steeler football when Malone, Brister, Tomszak, Woodley, Stoudt, and Stewart were under center. Championships are nice but I would rather the Steelers return to being a smashmouthed team. Tough defense and a punishing running game. All these posts about Ben needing to get help is almost as good as an acknowledgement that he can't control himself when he is drunk. I prefer not to cheer for a rapist.

SteelJunkie
04-17-2010, 12:46 PM
I enjoyed those years as well even with O'Donnell, but its ok i'll cheer this year for the both of us :)

BlitzburghRockCity
04-17-2010, 01:07 PM
I hear ya. But I still enjoyed Steeler football when Malone, Brister, Tomszak, Woodley, Stoudt, and Stewart were under center. Championships are nice but I would rather the Steelers return to being a smashmouthed team. Tough defense and a punishing running game. All these posts about Ben needing to get help is almost as good as an acknowledgement that he can't control himself when he is drunk. I prefer not to cheer for a rapist.

You can't prove his a raptist, I mean seriously man..nobody can...not me, not you, not anybody. There is NOTHING in those reports that says he raped the woman. She ws drunk, she changed her story several times, nobody can prove anything so stop please, if you don't want to cheer for him then that's fine, it's your right completely, but you cannot knowingly call him a rapist.

Bones
04-17-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't know if he's an alcoholic or not, but he continues to put himself in bad situations, and alcohol has always been involved. Whether he is or isn't, he needs to re-evaluate himself and stop putting himself in these types of situations.

MattyVfromCT
04-17-2010, 01:16 PM
You can't prove his a raptist, I mean seriously man..nobody can...not me, not you, not anybody. There is NOTHING in those reports that says he raped the woman. She ws drunk, she changed her story several times, nobody can prove anything so stop please, if you don't want to cheer for him then that's fine, it's your right completely, but you cannot knowingly call him a rapist.

exactly top gun. the da didn't have enough for probable cause. and you don't need much for probable cause. plus people need to realize that the details from the police report that are coming out are from one side of the story. we never got ben's side of the story. he never came out and publicly defended himself. plus he gave 1 interview to the police. all these details are ACCUSATIONS from the girl and her friends. THAT DOES NOT MAKE THEM FACTUAL. and i know somebody here will say it's possible they are true. yes, i agree, BUT, there is nothing to prove it to be true. and let's not forget a few of these girls changed their stories on a few occasions. and the "dragging" accusation is absolutely ludicrous

BlackGold4vr
04-17-2010, 01:23 PM

3 different allegations, 3 different women, same stories from all 3. No, they couldn't bring it to trial but vaginal lacerations and bruising usually do not come as a result of consensual sex. But for Ben "homer" fans this is purely coincidental. :yellowthumb:

TEEMONT
04-17-2010, 01:34 PM

Since your judgin him.....you are no longer allowed to get drunk and get laid.....ever.

lloydfan4life
04-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Since your judgin him.....you are no longer allowed to get drunk and get laid by using force.....ever.

:yellowthumb: fixed it for ya.

TEEMONT
04-17-2010, 01:40 PM

I highly doubt he's an alky. He doesnt show up to games or practices drunk, that we know of, he's never been accused of drunk driving, that we know of, the dude just likes to go out and get his few sips of booze. Besides, alcoholics dont drink bitch asss drinks like Ben was seen drinking that night...lol.

Bens just an *******, I've been saying it here for years.

MattyVfromCT
04-17-2010, 01:40 PM
3 different allegations, 3 different women, same stories from all 3. No, they couldn't bring it to trial but vaginal lacerations and bruising usually do not come as a result of consensual sex. But for Ben "homer" fans this is purely coincidental. :yellowthumb:

one of the girl's stories is absolutely ridiculous. the latest one to come out.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TheLaw/ben-roethlisberger-accusation-emerges/story?id=10394816

The report states, however, that she drove an inebriated Roethlisberger home from a party and helped him into his bedroom. When she tried to leave, however, he slammed the door shut and pulled down his pants, the police report states.

A week later, Roethlisberger invited the woman to a party at his home, according to the police document. He showed her his new bed and asked her to lie down on it, the report states.

"During this, Roethlisberger was allegedly forceful with ... and put his hand up .... skirt. Eventually ... was able to push Roethlisberger's hand away and ... went to leave the residence. As she left, Roethlisberger allegedly became angry with .... ," the police report states.

COME ON NOW! she claims she tried to leave after one alleged incident and decides to go back to "check out his new bed". come on. let's use some common sense here. is it possible these stories are true? absolutely. and look, i'm livid with ben right now, but all i'm trying to do is point out that there is nothing to prove he did anything criminal. and you need proof to arrest someone, let alone convict somebody in a court of law. we can only hope that ben can finally get his head out of his ***, which i think he will.

and btw, i still maintain that ben is innocent in the andrea mcnulty case. no i'm not being a homer. but reports indicate that broad is nuts. there have been several witnesses she works with who say that she was going around bragging about having sex with ben and hoping she was pregnant with a little roethlisberger. i suppose you're going to be cynical and come up with some conspiracy theory of ben paying everyone off though

TEEMONT
04-17-2010, 01:42 PM
:yellowthumb: fixed it for ya.

dude...it's he said she said right now....dont get me wrong, i think Ben is a douche, I always have, but that broad was drunk as hell, as was Ben. Do I know what to believe? no....but I can speculate all day like any of us can, and I highly doubt Ben had to "force" this girl to chug his dick. Not that it hass anything to do with the topic of this thread, which IMO is just someone makig an excuse for Ben.

ben's an *******...simple

BlitzburghRockCity
04-17-2010, 01:43 PM

Oh please, you don't think girls talk and figure out what they want to say...my God dude they can't even go to the bathroom without taking a posse in with them...LOL, what makes you think they didn't all come up with this crap? You never ONCE heard Ben's side of the story, you never once heard any witness say they saw 3 bodyguards drag a woman into a bathroom and block the door. They were all drunk in the place, all underage, Nobody proved any bruising was from Ben, you don't know what else she was doing or who else she was doing before that night she meant Ben. You're blindly following the statements of drunk girls who all of the sudden realized they shouldnt have opened up this can of worms in the first place.

I know Ben was a dumbass, didn't think things through, and shouldn't be bar hopping in the first place, but that doesn't change the fact that this whole thing is blown so far out of proportion it's not even funny.

The Steeler Nation as a whole is really full of homers, I will grant you that, but the ones that will still cheer for Ben are the ones looking at this objectively and not jumping to conclusions because drunk women making unproven accusations. there is no fact in any of those reports at all, none whatsoever.

I respect your opinion on this board and you're right to have it, I enjoy your posts and your insight on the Steelers in general...but I personally just think you're way off on this one. :2cents:

BlackGold4vr
04-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Used to be a big Greg Lloyd fan too until I learned he was abusing his family. Beating his wife and at one point stuck a gun in his sons mouth. That is not cool! I cannot hold an athlete in high regard that exhibits abusive and criminal behavior.

:2cents:

TEEMONT
04-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Used to be a big Greg Lloyd fan too until I learned he was abusing his family. Beating his wife and at one point stuck a gun in his sons mouth. That is not cool! I cannot hold an athlete in high regard that exhibits abusive and criminal behavior.

so...beating ur son and ****ing a girl in a bathroom are the same things?

MattyVfromCT
04-17-2010, 01:52 PM

there is a case that ALSO had no evidence to prove anything. i can sit here and say "so and so did this to me". THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE. it is possible, but you can't convict a guy because you think he did something. you need concrete evidence.

Steel Trap86
04-17-2010, 02:07 PM
ben looks like a complete dipshit right now simply for getting himself into another one of these situations, but when it comes to **** like rape mixed with booze, girls can be known to be big bullshitters. and when the guy is worth $100 million it's more of a motive to lie. maybe ben smacked her ***, poured a drink on her or f*cked a different girl in the bathroom after ben had been hanging out with her all night and bens bodyguards wouldnt let this crazy screaming bitch inside because she was pissed it wasn't her in there lol who really knows, in no way am i or anybody else condoning his behaviour... but at the same time i'm not gonna shut him out on the field just because of some **** like this

BlackGold4vr
04-17-2010, 02:07 PM
there is a case that ALSO had no evidence to prove anything. i can sit here and say "so and so did this to me". THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE. it is possible, but you can't convict a guy because you think he did something. you need concrete evidence.

Saw the interview with Greg Lloyd jr. who attests that dad put a glock in his mouth for bringing home a bad report card. Could the son be lying? I suppose but why fabricate such a story? :thinking:

MattyVfromCT
04-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Saw the interview with Greg Lloyd jr. who attests that dad put a glock in his mouth for bringing home a bad report card. Could the son be lying? I suppose but why fabricate such a story? :thinking:

i understand your point but remember, that's one side of the story. greg sr's side of the story was that this was a play by his ex wife to get custody of the kids. somewhere in the middle is the truth leaning towards one side but not completely. the fact is we don't what happened. if our justice system was run like the court of public opinion, at least 2/3 of society would be behind bars with the way people jump to conclusions without any evidence

lloydfan4life
04-17-2010, 02:26 PM

Not to change the topic of this thread... but since you asked I'll answer.
It's not too hard to imagine Greg Jr. saying such things about his dad. You may not understand this unless you too have had a jilted ex who will stop at nothing to see you and your life ruined... including brainwashing the kids and using them against you. I have and know first hand how evil an ex can be so just the fact that Greg was never convicted is enough evidence for me. Greg went through a very ugly divorce and an ex-wife who was bent on seeing him 'pay'.

I've met Greg personally on numerous occasions and have always found him to be very pleasant and outgoing and extremely accomodating to fans. I can't say the same for Ben.

Do I respect your opinion? Of course I do, and I'm certainly not trying to sway you to change it. I just want you to take a look at what the reality of the situation was before casting judgement. The reality of Ben's situation is that these kinds of things continue to crop up... and as they say, where there's smoke there's fire. I have a feeling that we have not heard the last of people coming forward with similar stories regarding Ben. Just my :2cents:

BlackGold4vr
04-17-2010, 02:42 PM
On Ben, I am not a person who jumps to conclusions without considering all the facts. I was 100% behind Ben on the Andrea McNulty accusation and believed her story to be fabricated. But the second accusation raised some doubts and now reading further discover a third incident occurred? Well, thats just a bit too much for me to believe as a coincidense. Like I have said in other posts there have been many rich single athletes who were never considered anything but gentlemen. I simply don't buy into a conspiracy theory that all these girls were just out to get Ben and his money. When it looks like ****, and it smells like ****, im not in the crowd that needs to taste it to confirm. I believe some of these people could witness Ben raping someone and still not believe it!

MattyVfromCT
04-17-2010, 02:52 PM
On Ben, I am not a person who jumps to conclusions without considering all the facts. I was 100% behind Ben on the Andrea McNulty accusation and believed her story to be fabricated. But the second accusation raised some doubts and now reading further discover a third incident occurred? Well, thats just a bit too much for me to believe as a coincidense. Like I have said in other posts there have been many rich single athletes who were never considered anything but gentlemen. I simply don't buy into a conspiracy theory that all these girls were just out to get Ben and his money. When it looks like ****, and it smells like ****, im not in the crowd that needs to taste it to confirm. I believe some of these people could witness Ben raping someone and still not believe it!

i see where you are coming from. i do have my doubts about the georgia case, but there was no evidence to support the allegations by these girls. thats my only point. and like i posted above, this 3rd girl who came out with a story, that story sounds ridiculous. she claimed she drove him home while he was drunk and helped him to the bedroom and he tried "forcing himself on her", but she was able to get out of the house. then she says she was invited to his house a week or 2 later to "check out his new bed" and she went where he "tried forcing himself on her again". are you kidding me? no wonder nothing came of that. EVEN IF he was was guilty of anything in that "case", she is sure as hell guilty of being a dumbass. that story is ridiculous. and lets not take it too seriously. remember the boston attorney who came out with an allegation during the week only to recant his statement several hours later on the same day? and like i said, i still stand by the notion that ben is innocent in the mcnulty "incident".

Iron City South
04-17-2010, 03:28 PM

I tend to agree with BG here ... just because he wasn't convicted of the crime doesn't mean we should ignore the pattern here. If you haven't noticed, the laws in this country are skewed toward the wealthy. Do you think OJ was innocent just because he wasn't proven guilty? .... need I say more?

IF it was a one-off incident that it could easly be ignored and we all move on, but there is an absolute pattern now ... and the similarities within the pattern are what people should be paying attention to.

Weather you want to hear it or not, when Ben is boozing .... he turns into an opportunist ... a sexual predator. :yesnod:

StlersGuy
04-17-2010, 03:43 PM
all I can say is you can tell who the real steeler fans our.... family is family if he says he did not do it then thats all I have to know....

steelfury455
04-17-2010, 03:44 PM
No one here knows his drinking habits so to call him an alcoholic is ridiculous. When these guys unwind alcohol is no doubt involved most of the time. Not just with Ben but I'm sure most NFL players. Actually if any of us hung out with any of these NFL players we'd all be SHOCKED at what goes on behind the scenes. Ben is getting spotlighted due to the allegation. So don't think he's the only one that happens to frequent a bar. As for the rest of the news this week, I don't think his image will ever recover. I had high hopes until they released the report on him. He's getting slaughtered in the press. He lost Pitt fans and god knows the fans of other teams will taunt him to no end and it will affect performance. Hope I'm wrong.

Captcoolhand
04-17-2010, 04:01 PM
No one here knows his drinking habits so to call him an alcoholic is ridiculous. When these guys unwind alcohol is no doubt involved most of the time. Not just with Ben but I'm sure most NFL players. Actually if any of us hung out with any of these NFL players we'd all be SHOCKED at what goes on behind the scenes. Ben is getting spotlighted due to the allegation. So don't think he's the only one that happens to frequent a bar. As for the rest of the news this week, I don't think his image will ever recover. I had high hopes until they released the report on him. He's getting slaughtered in the press. He lost Pitt fans and god knows the fans of other teams will taunt him to no end and it will affect performance. Hope I'm wrong.
I agree with ya ....

He's probably already being effected by all this. I'm sure Training Camp is really going to F*ck him up.
Finally the fans get to give him the treatment he's given us over the past few years.

MattyVfromCT
04-17-2010, 04:05 PM
I tend to agree with BG here ... just because he wasn't convicted of the crime doesn't mean we should ignore the pattern here. If you haven't noticed, the laws in this country are skewed toward the wealthy. Do you think OJ was innocent just because he wasn't proven guilty? .... need I say more?

IF it was a one-off incident that it could easly be ignored and we all move on, but there is an absolute pattern now ... and the similarities within the pattern are what people should be paying attention to.

Weather you want to hear it or not, when Ben is boozing .... he turns into an opportunist ... a sexual predator. :yesnod:

but here's the thing. all 3 cases have one thing in common. they are all ALLEGATIONS. not one of them has proven to be true. i'm not portraying ben as a saint, i'm as disgusted with him as anyone. but the fact remains, all the details that have come out in the georgia case are from one side of the story. and none of them have been proven to be true. in fact, the girl changed her story. initially she said she was not raped and wasn't even sure if they had sex. her blood alcohol content was .20 for christ sake. but everyone is reading these allegations and taking them as fact. that is what annoys me. as far as the 2 other cases, i have a lot more faith in those than the georgia case. i have some doubt with the georgia case, but the other 2 i unquestionably believe ben is innocent. we already know the details in the mcnulty case. no need bringing them up. but this newest one is absolutely ridiculous.

like i posted above: she claimed she drove him home while he was drunk and helped him to the bedroom and he tried "forcing himself on her", but she was able to get out of the house. then she says she was invited to his house a week or 2 later to "check out his new bed" and she went where he "tried forcing himself on her again". are you kidding me? no wonder nothing came of that. EVEN IF he was was guilty of anything in that "case", she is sure as hell guilty of being a dumbass.

BlackGold4vr
04-17-2010, 04:11 PM
all I can say is you can tell who the real steeler fans our.... family is family if he says he did not do it then thats all I have to know....

And you are exactly the kind of "homer" I was talking about. You could probably watch Ben rape your wife or mother and as long as he gave you an autographed game ball you would walk away with a wet spot in your shorts. Since when does a game that in the grander scheme of things means nothing, more important than lives that are altered forever by a sexual predator? To question fans loyalties because they don't condone the sexually deviant behavior of their QB is ignorant!

Iron City South
04-17-2010, 04:27 PM

Son, If I said this once ... I've said it a million times .... I roll with the Rooney's.

I've rolled with them since the Joe Gilliam days which was long before the Ben days .... and I'll roll with them long after Ben is gone. I would never question the fandom of anyone just because they're not supportive of a player who is responsible for his own actions and behaviors.

My loyalties don't go to a player ... they go to the ownership. :clap:

TEEMONT
04-17-2010, 05:19 PM
And you are exactly the kind of "homer" I was talking about. You could probably watch Ben rape your wife or mother and as long as he gave you an autographed game ball you would walk away with a wet spot in your shorts. Since when does a game that in the grander scheme of things means nothing, more important than lives that are altered forever by a sexual predator? To question fans loyalties because they don't condone the sexually deviant behavior of their QB is ignorant!

I know huh....I would require a game-worn jersey at the very least.

StlersGuy
04-17-2010, 08:47 PM

yeh call me a homer all you want.. I was born 5 min's from Three Rivers Stadium... I stand behind this team and players no matter what.... Dont jump to conclusions just because someone says something. I think if he was as you say a rapiest then he would have been cut or in jail..... I stand behind the steelers and the Rooneys and if they belive in him then so do I.... I dont see Big ben going anywhere he will be our QB next year, I do think he will be sitting a game or two out. I also think he will be on the watch list and if the steelers here of his name as to doing something stupid he will then be cut or traded. I am done with this topic since it really is not going anywhere.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Calling someone a sexual predator when you have no proof is uncalled for. Slandering people's reputations based on unproven accusations is flat out wrong.

You can cast aside your support for Ben if you want but you cannot knowingly call him a sexual predator when you have no proof. It's a total cop out in my opinion. The media is guilty of this and so are the fans of the Steelers and other teams who feel this way.

Hell if I were Ben I don't even know if I'd want to play for this team anymore after all this. You give your all to the team, you help bring 2 championships to a town starving for another Lombardi following the dynasty 70's teams. You make some mistakes, everything goes sideways and all of the sudden you're made out to be a candidate for America's Most Wanted.

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it; when Ben is out on the field in a Steelers uniform I will cheer for him when he plays well and criticize him when he sucks, just like always...life goes on. In a year from now nobody will be talking about this and those of us that stood by him will be the ones getting the last laugh.

Iron City South
04-17-2010, 09:55 PM
If Ben wants to turn this thing around, I'll tell you exactly what he needs to do:

- Get in front of a microphone and express your gratitude to the Rooney's, the city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler fans everywhere. Do it in a meaningful "from the heart" unscripted way ... no que cards. Try showing some genuine emotion.

- Tell everyone that you are playing for a $1 dollar salary this year to prove to everyone that you're committed to this organization and to being a leader of this team. Tell them that your entire salary this year will go toward starting 2 new charities in the Pittsburgh area.

- Announce that you're starting 2 new foundations for the underpriviledged inner city kids of Pittsburgh in addition to a shelter for abused women and children. Commit yourself to it and tell people those 2 causes are going to be a primary focus of your's for many years to come. Solicit the help of any and all teammates that are willing and able to help.

- Start being seen in and around Pittsburgh. Go to baseball games or hockey games. Start talking with true Steeler fans. Do some radio time with local jocks in the morning. Laugh with them and start having fun with them. Go shopping down at the strip ... BE SEEN! ... Start talking with people and let them get to know you and what you're all about. Moreover, let them know you care about the city you play for because you're part of it.

- Get to know some civic and community leaders and ask them what you can do for them to help their causes. Your presence alone at many of their functions can help them raise money to pay for a lot of good things for people that need it. Become part of the fabric of the community. Show people that you are doing everything you can to give back to a city that is allowing you to live such a blessed life.

That's a good start Mr. Roethlisberger. As you can see, you've got more work to do OFF THE FOOTBALL FIELD ... than you do on it.

Start being a leader and a winner off the field .... and fans will return. :2cents:

-

BlitzburghRockCity
04-17-2010, 09:59 PM
- Get in front of a microphone and express your gratitude to the Rooney's, the city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler fans everywhere. Do it in a meaningful "from the heart" unscripted way ... no que cards. Try showing some genuine emotion.

I think that is a great idea personally. I would love to see Ben have his own press conference, and just speak from the heart. You don't even have to take questions, just stand up, let it all out, tell us how you feel and that you want to make things right, etc.

At this point the Steelers are content to limit his public exposure so as not to fuel any more fires but sooner or later I would think he should make a real statement and talk to the fans. Even those of us that are standing by him through all of this would like to see what he has to say; rather than just a quick paragraph while sporting your mullet ;)

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-17-2010, 11:29 PM
ICS and BG4vr standing side by side in a thread??? what is this world coming too,lol.
There are certainly a ton of allegations being thrown around here, 2 cases confirmed 1 still in courts ,2nd don't even know if it will make it there...3rd recanted hours after it was reported. Doesn't anybody find it curious that there have been none of the statements by Ben and his entourage, which includes off duty policemen, being made public?? How can someone who is 4 times the legal limit of drunkenness while being underage,word be taken as gospel?? Is Ben an a$$ ? Is Ben really "big" and maybe just too much for a girl? Yep Lots of questions out there and it is very doubtful anyone will know the true answers...
The only true thing here is Ben acted stupidly by putting himself in the position for the allegations to even be brought up. Will he be able to repair his image, don't know but Kobe was able to after formal charges. Does he do things for the community ? yes the are a lot of Police Depts. out there with K-9s because of him. Could he do more the community, yes, but if you were him would you, after you have been labeled a sexual predator(not mine words) by that same community??

Just some random thoughts for a random thread....:2cents:

Iron City South
04-18-2010, 12:14 AM
The only true thing here is Ben acted stupidly by putting himself in the position for the allegations to even be brought up. Will he be able to repair his image, don't know but Kobe was able to after formal charges. Does he do things for the community ? yes the are a lot of Police Depts. out there with K-9s because of him. Could he do more the community, yes, but if you were him would you, after you have been labeled a sexual predator(not mine words) by that same community??

Just some random thoughts for a random thread....:2cents:

First off, Ben and Kobe's situations are very different. Kobe cheated on his wife, Ben is out drunk whoring around with young college girls and has very serious allegations that border on raping a girl when she was highly intoxicated. (and he knew it!) That's being a sexual predator! ...

Let's be clear, a multi-millionaire buying a K-9 or two isn't doing charity work in the community ... it's buying a K-9. While it's recognized as a good deed, its about the moral equivalent of a wealthy parent writing a check for their kid when all their kid really wants is the parent to show some love and interest in them. Ben hasn't done **** to endear himself to the city of Pittsburgh over the past 7 years and people know it. If Ben was a good citizen and made the effort to be part of the community over these years he would be getting a hell of a lot more support than he's getting right now.

As the old saying goes, "You reap what you sew" ... :yesnod:

DBR96A
04-18-2010, 04:36 AM
I don't think he's an alcoholic, but I am beginning to wonder if even a moderate amount of alcohol can effect his personality. I've known some otherwise decent people who have become total *******s with a little bit of alcohol in them.

TEEMONT
04-18-2010, 01:45 PM
First off, Ben and Kobe's situations are very different. Kobe cheated on his wife, Ben is out drunk whoring around with young college girls and has very serious allegations that border on raping a girl when she was highly intoxicated. (and he knew it!) That's being a sexual predator! ...

Let's be clear, a multi-millionaire buying a K-9 or two isn't doing charity work in the community ... it's buying a K-9. While it's recognized as a good deed, its about the moral equivalent of a wealthy parent writing a check for their kid when all their kid really wants is the parent to show some love and interest in them. Ben hasn't done **** to endear himself to the city of Pittsburgh over the past 7 years and people know it. If Ben was a good citizen and made the effort to be part of the community over these years he would be getting a hell of a lot more support than he's getting right now.

As the old saying goes, "You reap what you sew" ... :yesnod:

Actually, no...Kobe was accused of rape too, and it actually went to trial if I remember correctly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_Bryant_sexual_assault_case

And the girl that Ben "raped" wasn't the only one who was drunk. Ben was shitfaced off of girly-bitch drinks. Doesn't make it right at all, I'm just saying it takes two to tango.

SteelCityKid5
04-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Haha, Ben doesnt have an alcohol problem. Dont let him find out because he could use this as an excuse. He's a sleaze ball who drinks and hits on women. If you think Ben has an alcohol problem then every major athlete out there today has one. He has millions of dollars and thinks he can do whatever he wants. After I heard the detailed reports, he pretty much lost all of my respect. It's going to be difficult rooting for this guy. And to think when he came into the league he put "PFJ" on his spikes haha, idiot.

Bones
04-18-2010, 03:40 PM
He has millions of dollars and thinks he can do whatever he wants.

And that's the root of the problem right there. Not only for Ben, but for every one of these professional athletes who think they are above the law and can buy their way out of any situation.

Iron City South
04-18-2010, 10:09 PM
And that's the root of the problem right there. Not only for Ben, but for every one of these professional athletes who think they are above the law and can buy their way out of any situation.

ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY .... I agree this is part of it.

I also think that if Ben quit drinking he wouldn't find himself in these questionable situations. I don't think alcohol is his friend when he drinks. I think alcohol is the triggering mechanism to his beer ego and entitlement mentality.

:shots:

HUNT4SEVEN
04-19-2010, 12:08 AM
There have been thousands of rich single sports celebrities who have never been accused of rape. Rape is forced sex. Most women know whether they consented or not to sexual intercourse. 3 different incidents and maybe more that have yet to surface. Exactly how many girls need to be raped before people see him for what he is and that is a creep. How do you explain that this girl in Georgia had lots of bruising on her inner thighs which are classic symptoms of rape? Im just not buying that everybody is out to get Ben. I hope he is traded.

:clap::clap: Thank u :tt02:

nuclearchihuahuas
04-19-2010, 12:14 AM
I disagree...I trust the Rooneys to make the right decision...I think the large dollar amount he is about to lose plus the lack of an adoring public will straighten him out...if he does it again, then trade him--if its still possible at that time...otherwise, the guy can play - he made the mistake of wanting to be important and adored during the offseason...let's see if he has finally learned.

HUNT4SEVEN
04-19-2010, 01:07 AM
Since your judgin him.....you are no longer allowed to get drunk and get laid.....ever.

For your information I don't drink, i've been married 20 years....so i don't need a bar scene to get laid...Actually i have not had a drink in 14 years i GREW up and stop acting like a teenager, Maybe Ben should follow my lead...

--- Added 4/18/2010 at 10:40 PM ---

exactly top gun. the da didn't have enough for probable cause. and you don't need much for probable cause. plus people need to realize that the details from the police report that are coming out are from one side of the story. we never got ben's side of the story. he never came out and publicly defended himself. plus he gave 1 interview to the police. all these details are ACCUSATIONS from the girl and her friends. THAT DOES NOT MAKE THEM FACTUAL. and i know somebody here will say it's possible they are true. yes, i agree, BUT, there is nothing to prove it to be true. and let's not forget a few of these girls changed their stories on a few occasions. and the "dragging" accusation is absolutely ludicrous

So buying Liquor for and under age girl is OK? the bar and Ben should have been charged with underage drinking laws RIGHT? the DA didn't want to bring charges on him the GA girl had Bens semen on her, Ben admitted they had a sexual encounter that ended with her bumping her head....Ben and his high powered lawyer team would not talk to the police, does this sound like the actions of a innocent man?

--- Added 4/18/2010 at 10:50 PM ---

Thank u :clap::clap: He is a big POS...

--- Added 4/18/2010 at 11:07 PM ---

[QUOTE=TOP GUN;342676]I think that is a great idea personally. I would love to see Ben have his own press conference, and just speak from the heart.

He spoke straight from the heart in the Locker room:evilshake: u could tell he has no remorse for the dumb@$$ decisions he has made, i hope he sits for 4 games at the least, the sad thing is he probably won't learn anything from this either, but his behavior will catch up with him one day...

Danger DANJ
04-19-2010, 02:39 AM
So buying Liquor for and under age girl is OK? the bar and Ben should have been charged with underage drinking laws RIGHT? the DA didn't want to bring charges on him the GA girl had Bens semen on her, Ben admitted they had a sexual encounter that ended with her bumping her head....Ben and his high powered lawyer team would not talk to the police, does this sound like the actions of a innocent man?

First, let me say that I think Ben is a douche and is at least guilty of taking advantage of a drunk girl.

Having said that, how can you be sure Ben knew the girl was underage and couldn't drink? She got in the bar somehow. The bar should be responsible for that. The DA said that if he charged Ben for giving alcohol to her, then she would have to be charged for being in a place she shouldn't be in.

There was no semen found on the girl. The DA even said so. He said there was male DNA found which was so minute it could only be tested to show it was male human DNA and that's it.

According to the DA, the night of the incident when Ben talked to police, he never admitted to having sexual contact with the girl. He only acknowledged that he knew the girl from that night and that she had fallen and hit her head. All of the reports by the media that Ben admitted to sexual contact in his statement to police is BS. Gotta love the media, huh?

ejsteeler
04-19-2010, 01:42 PM
There are some heads up arses if you ask me. Which no one did by the way.....:lol:
But anyway, show me the 20-30 year old that isn't a sexual predator? Who in that age range is not looking to get laid? Give me a break, please it's in our freaking DNA. Hell, I'm almost 50 and I still plan my day around how I can get some, granted it's with the same woman now but you get my meaning. He did nothing illegal, only stupid given his status. If he was anyone else, it would have never hit the papers or probably even the polices attention. :yesnod:

Come on draft and come on season!!!!! :cope: