PDA

View Full Version : Colon to sign tender

SteelCityKid5
04-15-2010, 11:06 PM
from SteelCityInsider:

Adam Caplan of Scout.com has passed along news that Willie Colon will sign his first-round tender today for $2.521 million, and it comes on the heels of Matt Spaeth signing his tender for $1.101 million

BlitzburghRockCity
04-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Good, now move him to Guard, get Starks at RT, and draft a LT and then we'd be rockin :reddevil:

Zachintosh66
04-16-2010, 12:01 AM
Good, now move him to Guard, get Starks at RT, and draft a LT and then we'd be rockin :reddevil:

agree'd but they already said they arent moving anyone. Kinda understandable tho do you want 1 new guy learning a postion, or 3.

Now that he signed hi tendaer maybe they can trade him not too, :lol:

SteelCityKid5
04-16-2010, 12:02 AM
Not a big fan of Spaeth though

WindyCityShaker
04-16-2010, 01:22 AM
agree'd but they already said they arent moving anyone. Kinda understandable tho do you want 1 new guy learning a postion, or 3.

Now that he signed hi tendaer maybe they can trade him not too, :lol:

Well he was at the club in GA with Ben....:thinking:

Sorry, I couldn't resist:lol:

Captcoolhand
04-16-2010, 01:57 AM
Not a big fan of Spaeth thoughCouldn't be any worse than Jay Riemersma, good reciever but **** for blocker.......

cmerrifield
04-16-2010, 08:03 AM
I have not seen this anywhere else but from Caplan, has anyone else heard this, or have confirmation that he signed it?

LatrobePA
04-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Not a big fan of Spaeth though

I agree but man the dude can light up a parking lot!!

SteelCityKid5
04-16-2010, 11:41 AM
I say let David Johnson take his place. McHugh should go back to fullback next year, if he is still on the team. I liked McHugh as our fullback and thought he did a superb job. Select a TE in the later later rounds of the draft say 5-6. We have 11 picks which is nice, most in the AFCN. Like I said before, I don't think were going to draft 11 players thus, we will make moves with some of those picks.

cmerrifield
04-16-2010, 11:43 AM
What I dont understand is that Spaeth was never known for his blocking but more his receiving, as a 6 foot 7 inch man, you think we would throw to him more, but we havent so far. I would like to see him catch more passes

Zachintosh66
04-16-2010, 11:51 AM
What I dont understand is that Spaeth was never known for his blocking but more his receiving, as a 6 foot 7 inch man, you think we would throw to him more, but we havent so far. I would like to see him catch more passes

:plus1:

SteelCityKid5
04-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Update: Today the Steelers signed Gay and Spaeth as well. Colon, Spaeth, Gay all signed today.

Just keep Gay at the nickel spot!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-16-2010, 05:27 PM
I have not seen this anywhere else but from Caplan, has anyone else heard this, or have confirmation that he signed it?

I got a text from the Steelers today confirming that all RFA's have signed their tender offers.

That has been a question of mine ever since Spaeth came to the team. The dude is the size of a friggin sky scraper but we never use him in the redzone. I understand Heath is money in the redzone and he's the starter so he's going to get more looks but damn, Spaeth is such a huge target that most DB's would have to jump just to reach his normal height. Put him in the back corner of the endzone on a jump ball and he's either going to come down with it or it's going to go safely out of bounds.