PDA

View Full Version : If...

darnik44
04-14-2010, 08:57 PM
If the Steelers were to trade Ben Roethlisberger to the Rams for the #1 overall pick (as rumors have stated), who should/would they take?

cmerrifield
04-14-2010, 09:08 PM
If Ben werent the QB, we would have to have a better Oline

K Train
04-14-2010, 10:25 PM
honestly suh or berry...the two best players in the draft, probably suh though

id never take bradford #1, or within the top 20...if i had to take a QB it would be clausen and its not even close

Big T
04-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Trade back with anyone in the top-7 or so then draft Eric Berry...there are rumors that cleveland wants to move up...I know they are a dividdional opponent but if it's good for both teams, why the hell not...especially because if they move to one they would be picking Sam Bradford which would be great for us....Draft Eric Berry at 7, Maurkice Pouncey at 18, Maybe DeMaryius Thomas at 39(or 41 whatever Cleveland pick is), Thaddeus Gibson at 52...I could keep going but there is no point because it won't happen and frankly I don't want to trade Ben...

K Train
04-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Trade back with anyone in the top-7 or so then draft Eric Berry...there are rumors that cleveland wants to move up...I know they are a dividdional opponent but if it's good for both teams, why the hell not...especially because if they move to one the would e picking Sam Bradford which would be great for us....Draft Eric Berry at 7, Maurkice Pouncey at 18, Maybe DeMaryius Thomas at 39(or 41 whatever Cleveland pick is), Thaddeus Gibson at 52...I could keep going but there is no point because it won't happen and frankly I don't want to trade Ben...

thats just building a ****ing dynasty...you dont need to play offense with a D like that. dixon would lead us to glory lol

coldrolled
04-14-2010, 10:37 PM
thats just building a ****ing dynasty...you dont need to play offense with a D like that. dixon would lead us to glory lol

i think all of you need to sit back and take a big breath, we are the steelers.

we will be fine.

ben is our QB, thats why we can say we are one of the best teams.

like it or not he is a football player.

bradford, clausen if he plays, sanchez, even favre are going to get their licks and miss games this year you will see.

ben is solid, sorry to say just like tebow would be. tebow is a football player. he can take the hits. thats something every team that drafts these divas misses, they have to take the abuse, look at mcnabb he takes a licking and comes back. favre is the same tough a$$ but he is just to old now days he will go down.

like your leader BA says, dixon will get broke in half in his system..:lol:

Big T
04-14-2010, 11:36 PM

we will be fine.

bradford, clausen if he plays, sanchez, even favre are going to get their licks and miss games this year you will see.

ben is solid, sorry to say just like tebow would be. tebow is a football player. he can take the hits. thats something every team that drafts these divas misses, they have to take the abuse, look at mcnabb he takes a licking and comes back. favre is the same tough a$$ but he is just to old now days he will go down.

It was a hypothetical "what if" question and we answered it...Thats all it was...If you read my post I said it wont happen and I dont want Ben traded...

--- Added 4/14/2010 at 10:36 PM ---

No ****...If it were to happen (i know it wont) I think I would be ok with it if we ended up with a draft like that....but you know what would happen...Theyd pick Sam Bradford at 1, Taylor Mays at 18, Toby Gerhart at 38 and Matt Tennant at 52...Im about 90% sure that I would commit suicide

K Train
04-15-2010, 08:48 AM

we will be fine.

word is the steelers are upset with the reaction fas are giving ben and they MAY listen to offers until before the draft. tebow wont be soldi, idc if hes a football player he doesnt have a pro quarterbacks ability. theres alot of great college football players that cant be superstar pros like they once were in their college days

K Train
04-15-2010, 08:50 AM
It was a hypothetical "what if" question and we answered it...Thats all it was...If you read my post I said it wont happen and I dont want Ben traded...

--- Added 4/14/2010 at 10:36 PM ---

No ****...If it were to happen (i know it wont) I think I would be ok with it if we ended up with a draft like that....but you know what would happen...Theyd pick Sam Bradford at 1, Taylor Mays at 18, Toby Gerhart at 38 and Matt Tennant at 52...Im about 90% sure that I would commit suicide

i dont think they would, tomlin thinks dixon has a future in the NFL and they would roll with him for this year and probably take suh, tomlin has all but ruled out tebow and he said no to mays...thak god

dont throw those kind of scenerios at me, i cant handle it lol

coldrolled
04-15-2010, 09:14 AM
word is the steelers are upset with the reaction fas are giving ben and they MAY listen to offers until before the draft. tebow wont be soldi, idc if hes a football player he doesnt have a pro quarterbacks ability. theres alot of great college football players that cant be superstar pros like they once were in their college days

if the steelers front office starts listening to the fans, we are doomed, and will end up like the browns, thats their whole problem. fans drive decisions in cleveland all the time.

watch: thats why the browns will get better now. the fans voice is now null in the FO.

cmerrifield
04-15-2010, 09:28 AM
I dont have a problem with them listening to offers. If somebody, like the Rams, offered us their 1, 2, and 1, 2 next year, I would have a hard time turning that down.

LatrobePA
04-15-2010, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't be overly shocked to log in and see breaking news Ben traded. I think he's done long term damage to his rep and the Higher ups will never get the taste from their mouths...

K Train
04-15-2010, 10:38 AM
i mean if the offer is epic enough you have to take it...the rams could sell their soul and take up the rest of bens $100 million contract rather than giving bradford $40 million guaranteed to eventually fail.

everyone has their price imo

ejsteeler
04-15-2010, 10:51 AM
I would really hate to see him go, but lets look at the big picture beyond the reputations of him and the team....how many more concussions can he have before he is done? 1,2, maybe 3? Who knows. Apparently, his brain pan is getting shallow.....If this were to happen with all the power it would give our future, I would easily find a way to deal with it. :2cents:

steelcitysfinestXL
04-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Trade back with anyone in the top-7 or so then draft Eric Berry...there are rumors that cleveland wants to move up...I know they are a dividdional opponent but if it's good for both teams, why the hell not...especially because if they move to one they would be picking Sam Bradford which would be great for us....Draft Eric Berry at 7, Maurkice Pouncey at 18, Maybe DeMaryius Thomas at 39(or 41 whatever Cleveland pick is), Thaddeus Gibson at 52...I could keep going but there is no point because it won't happen and frankly I don't want to trade Ben...

:clap: couldnt of said it better myself... only i'd dangle that browns EARLY second rounder and a 5 infron of the OAK Raiders... see if i could land me a Nnamdi!!

:popcorn: it would be sick!!!

LatrobePA
04-15-2010, 11:09 AM
I would really hate to see him go, but lets look at the big picture beyond the reputations of him and the team....how many more concussions can he have before he is done? 1,2, maybe 3? Who knows. Apparently, his brain pan is getting shallow.....If this were to happen with all the power it would give our future, I would easily find a way to deal with it. :2cents:

Yes sir, damaged goods if he bounces his head off the turf a few more times..

steelcitysfinestXL
04-15-2010, 11:16 AM
i mean if the offer is epic enough you have to take it...the rams could sell their soul and take up the rest of bens $100 million contract rather than giving bradford $40 million guaranteed to eventually fail.

Yeah i think i read somewhere that we "only" owe $59 mil. on Bens deal? Anyway Matt Stafford, last years no. 1 overall pick and QB, landed $41.7 million guaranteed in a six-year $72 million deal, and he has another $6 million in playing time incentives.

So if the Rams want a QB at no.1 overall they'd be better to go witha proven winner in Ben, and prob get away cheaper since we already paid his bonus!

cmerrifield
04-15-2010, 11:18 AM
I trade Ben all the time in Madden, and I still win, we would be fine.

Scorp
04-15-2010, 12:22 PM

Very true. But i've lost alot of faith in ben as it is. So i really don't care if he gets the boot. You have a very good point.

TampaSteelGirl
04-15-2010, 12:26 PM

I mean you're joking right????? :confused:

LatrobePA
04-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Very true. But i've lost alot of faith in ben as it is. So i really don't care if he gets the boot. You have a very good point.

A lot of the fanbase has!!

Big T
04-15-2010, 12:51 PM

thats awesome haha

andyg1984
04-15-2010, 12:58 PM
only 10 or so QB's can win a super bowl, ben is obviously one of them .. if we get rid of him we might as well get into FULL rebuild mode and dump all the james farrior types, and suck for the next few years and accumulate draft picks if a decent trade is there ...

--- Added 4/15/2010 at 11:59 AM ---

don't like the sound of this?? ... from espn insider

Update: There could be some developments on the Roethlisberger front quite soon, as ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter has reported that Steelers president Art Rooney, II will meet with the media at 2:30 PM on Thursday.

After the charges against Ben Roethlisberger in Georgia were dropped, we wondered whether he'd still face punishment from the Pittsburgh Steelers or the league. It's unclear what commissioner Roger Goodell is poised to do, but it's very possible the team could have their own penalty as well. This is especially true given the fact that Steelers ownership is now "shaken" by the "onslaught of fan discontent" over the Roethlisberger situation, per a tweet from Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson.

Taking this to the logical extreme, the Steelers could simply put their Super Bowl champion QB on the market. They proved with the Santonio Holmes trade that they're willing to cut ties with players who are bad apples (regardless of on-field talent), and for a price tag that would raise eyebrows. On the field, Roethlisberger is a match for a lot of teams. He's certainly one of the NFL's most talented QBs, and there are many teams that would jump at the chance to add him to their roster if not for the negative off-field activities.

If the Steelers do wind up moving Roethlisberger, they'll need a Plan B. Back in March, we considered some options, but the first option will likely be Dennis Dixon. It's also possible that the team looks to the draft to find another QB, although probably not with their first pick. This would also have a lot to do with what type of return package of picks the Steelers got from their hypothetical trade partner; they could potentially swing a deal to move up from No. 18 to grab Jimmy Clausen depending on these factors.

It's all hypothetical for now, but these are options the team might have to consider depending on what happens in the next few days.

ejsteeler
04-15-2010, 01:01 PM

I mean you're joking right????? :confused:

:hilarious:

JollyRob68
04-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Trade back with Oakland for 1,switch 2's, 3 and Nnamdi Asamoah or Redskins for 1,3 & Laron Landry. Seattle for #6, swap our 18 for 14, 3rd and Owen Schmitt, Buffalo 1,2,3.

coach
04-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Not suggesting it will or won't happen; If it did, I want Suh and no one else.

This guy is a dominating player.

steelcityrockers
04-15-2010, 05:25 PM

Totally the same thing. You should be GM

BlackGold4vr
04-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Seems every year there are dominating defensive linemen coming out that everybody thinks will be the next Reggie White. Yet, when these kids get to the next level where they are playing against better talent you don't here as much about them.

B.J Raji
Amobi Akoye
Glenn Dorsey
Chris Long
Mario Williams

Just a few examples.

If you trade away your franchise quarterback, you MUST replace him with someone who has the potential to be your next franchise quarterback. Can't win without one.

Bradford would be my choice.

strong D
04-15-2010, 06:23 PM
well mario williams is turning out to be a beast

Big T
04-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Seems every year there are dominating defensive linemen coming out that everybody thinks will be the next Reggie White. Yet, when these kids get to the next level where they are playing against better talent you don't here as much about them.

B.J Raji
Amobi Akoye
Glenn Dorsey
Chris Long
Mario Williams

Just a few examples.

If you trade away your franchise quarterback, you MUST replace him with someone who has the potential to be your next franchise quarterback. Can't win without one.

Bradford would be my choice.

drafting Sam Bradford would most likely result in a newspaper headline like "Steelers fan commits suicide after horrible draft." I would be absolutely furious....

And Mario Williams is a Pro Bowl DE and one of the best young DEs in the game...

And while I agree that BJ Raji was fantastically overdrafted, last year was his rookie year and he barely saw the field due to injury...that wasn't a good example

K Train
04-15-2010, 07:17 PM
raji was pure beast last year....just saying

i hated raji as a NT too, he makes me look like a dummy

K Train
04-15-2010, 07:17 PM
oh btw suh>all those guys

mccoy not so much

Big T
04-15-2010, 07:32 PM
oh btw suh>all those guys

mccoy not so much

100% agree...Suh is a closs to a can't miss as you can get...And i think McCoy is really overrated...

--- Added 4/15/2010 at 06:32 PM ---

And who are the 4 people that voted Sam Bradford? :evilshake:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-15-2010, 07:55 PM
I would want Suh....not a doubt in my mind if the Steelers had the first pick....They could always draft a QB next year especially since this QB class blows.....

K Train
04-15-2010, 07:56 PM
i think i would rather have tebow over bradford....and i once threatened to blow up an childrens hospital on christmas eve if they took tebow. at the very least tebow could be a FB or TE, bradford has no future, maybe as a journey man career backup

Black@Gold Forever32
04-15-2010, 08:07 PM
i think i would rather have tebow over bradford....and i once threatened to blow up an childrens hospital on christmas eve if they took tebow. at the very least tebow could be a FB or TE, bradford has no future, maybe as a journey man career backup

I'm with you on Bradford....he is a fag......Plus he is so injury prone....How long do you think he would last behind our OL?.....lol I say 4 games tops....

K Train
04-15-2010, 08:09 PM
hes just too similar to alex smith. same offense, same size, same ability, same overrated pro day, same shoulder injury....now the same divison probably

if he doesnt fall flat on his face, id be very surprised. but i respect he will laugh all the way to the bank doing it

Black@Gold Forever32
04-15-2010, 08:29 PM
hes just too similar to alex smith. same offense, same size, same ability, same overrated pro day, same shoulder injury....now the same divison probably

if he doesnt fall flat on his face, id be very surprised. but i respect he will laugh all the way to the bank doing it

Hell yea he is going to laugh all the way to the bank....He is going to be a very rich young man that will never do a thing in the NFL....... I wasn't really impressed with Bradford before his shoulder injury...I'm sure as hell not impressed with him afterward....lol

K Train
04-15-2010, 08:39 PM
he was half the prospect of stafford pre shoulder injury, idk how hes being considered #1 after not even playing since then lol

he just doesnt make all the throws, he really showed that against florida

Black@Gold Forever32
04-15-2010, 08:45 PM
he was half the prospect of stafford pre shoulder injury, idk how hes being considered #1 after not even playing since then lol

he just doesnt make all the throws, he really showed that against florida

You're 100 percent correct...I actually like Stafford......He is just stuck on the Lions......

andyg1984
04-15-2010, 09:21 PM
You're 100 percent correct...I actually like Stafford......He is just stuck on the Lions......

with megatron tho

yeah, clausen is #1 imo ... bradford is almost not predictable because he played behin such a great O -line

--- Added 4/15/2010 at 08:21 PM ---

(Williams, Loadholt, Robinson, Gresham)

K Train
04-15-2010, 09:28 PM
stafford will blow up soon, that team is on the right track

Black@Gold Forever32
04-15-2010, 09:31 PM
stafford will blow up soon, that team is on the right track

I agree the Lions are on the right track....But being on the right track and producing results is one thing.....They have some nice young talent for sure......Better build an OL to protect Stafford......

andyg1984
04-15-2010, 10:52 PM
i wonder if they go Okung or Suh? Both of those guys have high ROI for them

K Train
04-16-2010, 08:34 AM
okung isnt worth that pick, not nearly the prospect weve seen go early recently hes just the top guy. he lunges at air alot, we have enough guys that do that and whiff on blocks

andyg1984
04-16-2010, 12:22 PM
im saying i wonder if the lions go okung or suh ... i wonder if they trust backus at LT to protect the money man

Scorp
04-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Suh......