PDA

View Full Version : Cornerbacks

steelers25
04-14-2010, 04:59 PM
why wouldnt we trade up and get joe haden or trade with dolphins and get ginn? first we should NOT take a o-lineman is round one (wait to round 3). are real problem last year was our secondary.:helmet:

BlackGold4vr
04-14-2010, 05:13 PM
why wouldnt we trade up and get joe haden or trade with dolphins and get ginn? first we should NOT take a o-lineman is round one (wait to round 3). are real problem last year was our secondary.:helmet:

Our defense struggled because they spent a lot more time on the field. There were some games where our offense couldn't make a first down to save their lives. When the offense can't move the ball on teams like the Raiders, Browns, and Chiefs you might want to take a harder look on the other side of the ball.

:yesnod:

cmerrifield
04-14-2010, 05:31 PM
There are several picks that would make me happy in the first round, and I am not sure Haden is at the top of that list. NFL.com has sports writers make the picks and they had the Steelers taking OT Williams, I would be good with that, or Pouncey would make me happy. OL would be ok in the first, so would Thomas, maybe McClain. I think our defense struggled because Troy was out more than anything, I think as long as he stays healthy or at least healthy enough that teams have to prepare like he could play, our defense will be better.

K Train
04-14-2010, 05:32 PM
weve waited until round 3 for linemen for years and look where it has us. an oline in shambles

Blazedby92
04-14-2010, 05:53 PM
weve waited until round 3 for linemen for years and look where it has us. an oline in shambles

:ditto:
With the 18th pick in the 2010 draft the Pittsburgh Steelers take.......Maurkice Pouncey:cope:

scudmissile29
04-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Our defense struggled because they spent a lot more time on the field. There were some games where our offense couldn't make a first down to save their lives. When the offense can't move the ball on teams like the Raiders, Browns, and Chiefs you might want to take a harder look on the other side of the ball.

:yesnod:

oh shut up.

Big T
04-14-2010, 06:41 PM
:ditto:
With the 18th pick in the 2010 draft the Pittsburgh Steelers take.......Maurkice Pouncey:cope:

I love him :yesnod:

V_83
04-14-2010, 06:48 PM
oh shut up.

How can you not agree with that? We only scored six points on the Cleveland Browns.

If you want a good defense, run the ball and keep them on the sideline as long as possible. We used to do it, the Ravens use to do it, the Jets and the Bengals did it last year with success.

On a side note I would love Pouncey with the 18th pick.

scudmissile29
04-14-2010, 08:07 PM
How can you not agree with that? We only scored six points on the Cleveland Browns.

If you want a good defense, run the ball and keep them on the sideline as long as possible. We used to do it, the Ravens use to do it, the Jets and the Bengals did it last year with success.

times has changed its a passing league now.

the jets only got to the playoffs because of defense and fluke.

jcloss23
04-14-2010, 09:45 PM
times has changed its a passing league now.

the jets only got to the playoffs because of defense and fluke.

our 2005 championship and last years jets were VERY similar, great defense, young qb and an excellent running game. winning isn't a fluke man. good running game, a positive turnover margin, and a great defense is still the way to win.

coldrolled
04-14-2010, 10:25 PM

best bet is pouncey

--- Added 4/14/2010 at 09:26 PM ---

either draft OL or get rid of Bruce

JollyRob68
04-15-2010, 01:45 PM

So true! Oline isnt the sexy pick but dam if we dont need better lineman. I think Bulaga is going to fall and Pouncey will move up. I'd take Pouncey or Bulaga(the others will be gone) and think about Iupati if there. If GOne take the best CB that fits our Defense or is left. HAden if slips,Wilson,Jackson,McCourtey.

K Train
04-15-2010, 01:48 PM
im liking anthony davis the more i watch of him

tburg68
04-16-2010, 01:03 AM
im liking anthony davis the more i watch of him

He definitely is talented, and the whole lazy thing is a bunch of crap. If his name is called at 18, I wouldn't be unhappy.

DanRooney
04-16-2010, 03:47 AM
Dude just looking at our roster now...

(bolded - players in the Steelers future plans)
(blue- guys getting close towards retirement)
(reddened - players who need to be cut and/or replaced)

Quarterbacks
16 Charlie Batch
2 Dennis Dixon
7 Ben Roethlisberger

Running Backs
49 Sean McHugh FB/TE
34 Rashard Mendenhall
21 Mewelde Moore
33 Isaac Redman
44 Frank Summers FB
28 Justin Vincent

Wide Receivers
81 Arnaz Battle
13 Jason Chery
19 Tyler Grisham
11 Stefan Logan
15 Brandon London
82 Antwaan Randle El
14 Limas Sweed
17 Mike Wallace
86 Hines Ward

Tight Ends
87 Eugene Bright
85 David Johnson
83 Heath Miller

Offensive Linemen
79 Trai Essex G
73 Ramon Foster G/T
62 Justin Hartwig C
66 Tony Hills T
68 Chris Kemoeatu G
64 Doug Legursky C
67 Jonathan Scott T
78 Max Starks T
65 Kraig Urbik G

Defensive Linemen
93 Nick Eason DE
98 Casey Hampton NT
77 Ra'Shon Harris DE
76 Chris Hoke NT
96 Ziggy Hood DE
99 Brett Keisel DE
69 Steve McLendon DE
71 Scott Paxson NT
91 Aaron Smith DE

Linebackers
55 Patrick Bailey OLB
45 Derrick Doggett ILB
51 James Farrior ILB
50 Larry Foote ILB
57 Keyaron Fox ILB
54 Andre Frazier OLB
92 James Harrison OLB
94 Lawrence Timmons ILB
53 Johnny Williams ILB
48 Renauld Williams ILB
56 LaMarr Woodley OLB

Defensive Backs
40 Will Allen FS
27 Joe Burnett CB
25 Ryan Clark FS
31 Tuff Harris SS
20 Keenan Lewis CB
]37 Anthony Madison CB
29 Ryan Mundy FS
30 David Pittman CB
43 Troy Polamalu SS
24 Ike Taylor CB
35 Trae Williams CB

Special Teams
5 Piotr Czech K
8 Adam Graessle P
3 Jeff Reed K
61 Jared Retkofsky LS
60 Greg Warren LS

Restricted FAs
74 Willie Colon OT
22 William Gay CB
9 Daniel Sepulveda P
89 Matt Spaeth TE

We have a very mediocre team. This is definitely a rebuilding year. I don't see us winning more than 8 games. Way too many holes.

scudmissile29
04-16-2010, 06:33 AM
Gravity your retarded, you havent seen doggett yet.

Maybe we need to cut you from the teams fan support, better the world

cmerrifield
04-16-2010, 06:34 AM
I am not exactly sure why you see this as a rebuilding year, unless you are going to go back to criticizing players like Woodley. Which lets be honest he shut you up towards the end of last season. THis is the exact same defense that you claim won us the superbowl minus McFadden and if was the D that won the superbowl, then this offense can still score points. Wallace will still need to be double teamed because of his speed, which will free up Ward and Miller. Mendenhall still had over 1000 yards starting 12 games. This team is not mediocre. THey have some holes but we will win 11 or 12 games.

andyg1984
04-16-2010, 07:26 AM
A DB I was big on was Perrish Cox and I still think he is really good, but there are all the character concerns with him which have almost been magnified after the combine - so i wonder if we have thrown him out of the list .. but, the dude can play, that is for sure and he will slip past where his physical ability would indicate

coldrolled
04-16-2010, 08:27 AM
gravity, why would we cut all the guys we just signed, they never played??

your list is nice. we need CB, Center, ILB, Terrel Owens

we win.

K Train
04-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Dude just looking at our roster now...

(bolded - players in the Steelers future plans)
(blue- guys getting close towards retirement)
(reddened - players who need to be cut and/or replaced)

Quarterbacks
16 Charlie Batch
2 Dennis Dixon
7 Ben Roethlisberger

Running Backs
49 Sean McHugh FB/TE
34 Rashard Mendenhall
21 Mewelde Moore
33 Isaac Redman
44 Frank Summers FB
28 Justin Vincent

Wide Receivers
81 Arnaz Battle
13 Jason Chery
19 Tyler Grisham
11 Stefan Logan
15 Brandon London
82 Antwaan Randle El
14 Limas Sweed
17 Mike Wallace
86 Hines Ward

Tight Ends
87 Eugene Bright
85 David Johnson
83 Heath Miller

Offensive Linemen
79 Trai Essex G
73 Ramon Foster G/T
62 Justin Hartwig C
66 Tony Hills T
68 Chris Kemoeatu G
64 Doug Legursky C
67 Jonathan Scott T
78 Max Starks T
65 Kraig Urbik G

Defensive Linemen
93 Nick Eason DE
98 Casey Hampton NT
77 Ra'Shon Harris DE
76 Chris Hoke NT
96 Ziggy Hood DE
99 Brett Keisel DE
69 Steve McLendon DE
71 Scott Paxson NT
91 Aaron Smith DE

Linebackers
55 Patrick Bailey OLB
45 Derrick Doggett ILB
51 James Farrior ILB
50 Larry Foote ILB
57 Keyaron Fox ILB
54 Andre Frazier OLB
92 James Harrison OLB
94 Lawrence Timmons ILB
53 Johnny Williams ILB
48 Renauld Williams ILB
56 LaMarr Woodley OLB

Defensive Backs
40 Will Allen FS
27 Joe Burnett CB
25 Ryan Clark FS
31 Tuff Harris SS
20 Keenan Lewis CB
]37 Anthony Madison CB
29 Ryan Mundy FS
30 David Pittman CB
43 Troy Polamalu SS
24 Ike Taylor CB
35 Trae Williams CB

Special Teams
5 Piotr Czech K
8 Adam Graessle P
3 Jeff Reed K
61 Jared Retkofsky LS
60 Greg Warren LS

Restricted FAs
74 Willie Colon OT
22 William Gay CB
9 Daniel Sepulveda P
89 Matt Spaeth TE

We have a very mediocre team. This is definitely a rebuilding year. I don't see us winning more than 8 games. Way too many holes.

i like this

JensK
04-16-2010, 01:16 PM
gravity, why would we cut all the guys we just signed, they never played??

your list is nice. we need CB, Center, ILB, Terrel Owens

we win.

those just signed are just signed to fill the off-season roster... They will get a chance, but in reality they are not expected to be on the team... Besides, most of our signings this year are awful signings, which added absoluttely nothing but a little depth. I agree with no gravity pretty much all the way. I would like to give dockett a chance on st though. He will never be a starter for us, but could easily become a great st addition.

DanRooney
04-16-2010, 05:20 PM
I am not exactly sure why you see this as a rebuilding year, unless you are going to go back to criticizing players like Woodley. Which lets be honest he shut you up towards the end of last season. THis is the exact same defense that you claim won us the superbowl minus McFadden and if was the D that won the superbowl, then this offense can still score points. Wallace will still need to be double teamed because of his speed, which will free up Ward and Miller. Mendenhall still had over 1000 yards starting 12 games. This team is not mediocre. THey have some holes but we will win 11 or 12 games.

The criticism of Woodley was well warranted in the first 8 games of last season. His only stats in the first FOUR games was a whopping 3 mother****ing tackles. Two of his total sacks in those 8 games came against a geriatric quarterback and were coverage (DONG) sacks. He stepped it up in the last half of the season (probably because LeBeau gave him an earful) which is why I wasn't bashing him further.

While I was criticizing Lamarr earlier in the year half of you guys were telling me William Gay was the next Asante Samuel when I said he reeked of dogshit as a starter in week 4. Now you are singing a similar tune to me. Funny eh?

--- Added 4/16/2010 at 04:20 PM ---

those just signed are just signed to fill the off-season roster... They will get a chance, but in reality they are not expected to be on the team... Besides, most of our signings this year are awful signings, which added absoluttely nothing but a little depth. I agree with no gravity pretty much all the way. I would like to give dockett a chance on st though. He will never be a starter for us, but could easily become a great st addition.

^this

Dockett will never see the light of day unless it's on special teams unless Timmons and Foote go down. Chances of that happening are pretty slim.

Look at Keyaran Fox. He played lights out against Tennessee and Minnesota and still is riding the bench. Come on it's not hard to figure out this team if you've been watching them as long as I have. Guys like Taunto Farrior get to **** the bed over and over while great players sit on the sidelines chatting with Steeley McBeam.

cmerrifield
04-16-2010, 05:28 PM
The criticism of Woodley was well warranted in the first 8 games of last season. His only stats in the first FOUR games was a whopping 3 mother****ing tackles. Two of his total sacks in those 8 games came against a geriatric quarterback and were coverage (DONG) sacks. He stepped it up in the last half of the season (probably because LeBeau gave him an earful) which is why I wasn't bashing him further.

While I was criticizing Lamarr earlier in the year half of you guys were telling me William Gay was the next Asante Samuel when I said he reeked of dogshit as a starter in week 4. Now you are singing a similar tune to me. Funny eh?

--- Added 4/16/2010 at 04:20 PM ---

But you didnt complain about Woodley, called him names, said he was a bust, needs to be cut and things like that. Had you only criticized his play, I wouldnt have thought twice, but you were calling for his roster spot. So, if you were wrong about Woodley and he came around, who else are you wrong about? funny eh?

strong D
04-16-2010, 05:40 PM
after woodleys explosive yr other teams realized they had to worry bout him and they slid the protection his way and were also chipping him with the backs woodley is a beast and anyone who says other needs to get there head examined

DanRooney
04-16-2010, 06:25 PM
But you didnt complain about Woodley, called him names, said he was a bust, needs to be cut and things like that. Had you only criticized his play, I wouldnt have thought twice, but you were calling for his roster spot. So, if you were wrong about Woodley and he came around, who else are you wrong about? funny eh?

Never said he was a bust or needs to be cut but hell yeah I was calling him names. He was playing like ****. Only thing I said was we should move Timmons to the outside, bench his *** and put Fox in the middle. Really wasn't a bad idea at the time if you think about it.

Yeah it is funny because I was not wrong about anybody. I have many people on my hotseat for good reason including:

1. William Gay
2. James Farrior
3. Mike Tomlin
4. Justin Hartwig

Does anyone in this list tickle your balls wrong aside from maybe 3? I'm sure you'll come around to 3 after next season.

The people you should be mad at are the ones going off about Ben, one of the real elite players we have on our team.

cmerrifield
04-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Never said he was a bust or needs to be cut but hell yeah I was calling him names. He was playing like ****. Only thing I said was we should move Timmons to the outside, bench his *** and put Fox in the middle. Really wasn't a bad idea at the time if you think about it.

Yeah it is funny because I was not wrong about anybody. I have many people on my hotseat for good reason including:

1. William Gay
2. James Farrior
3. Mike Tomlin
4. Justin Hartwig

Does anyone in this list tickle your balls wrong aside from maybe 3? I'm sure you'll come around to 3 after next season.

The people you should be mad at are the ones going off about Ben, one of the real elite players we have on our team.

The funny thing about a website like this is I can search you posts. You called on more than 1 occassion for Woodley to be traded or benched. So think about that, had you gotten your way, we would not have had our sack leader last year on the team or at least would have been benched, and the way you sounded in those posts, not for a game or two, but the rest of the season.

DanRooney
04-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Like I said, he deserved to be benched for his subpar play in the first 8 games. He's a streaky player. In 2008 it was the opposite. He had a hot start then disappeared while Harrison took over. I think my argument is valid. I admit he played great in the final 8 games.

Do you want me to dig up some of the blunders you've made? "I think Sweed is awesome!" and "I think William Gay is good." That's beyond embarrassing and just 2 pages in. Then saying "we'll be fine without Santonio." I can go further but I don't really care. By the looks of it though, sounds like we have a homer in the board :yesnod:. One of the Rooney, Mike, and Colbert can do no wrong people.

cmerrifield
04-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Like I said, he deserved to be benched for his subpar play in the first 8 games. He's a streaky player. In 2008 it was the opposite. He had a hot start then disappeared while Harrison took over. I think my argument is valid. I admit he played great in the final 8 games.

Do you want me to dig up some of the blunders you've made? "I think Sweed is awesome!" and "I think William Gay is good." That's beyond embarrassing and just 2 pages in. Then saying "we'll be fine without Santonio." I can go further but I don't really care. By the looks of it though, sounds like we have a homer in the board :yesnod:. One of the Rooney, Mike, and Colbert can do no wrong people.

No, I do make mistakes in my judgment all the time, I thought Gay would do really well considering how well he played when McFadden was out, I was wrong. The difference is I admit, I tend to be a homer and trust the FO of the Steelers, you however, wont admit you made a mistake. I am fine with admitting I make mistakes. I do think Gay is a good nickel corner and thought he would be as good as McFadden and I do know that we will be fine with Holmes, at most he would have played 12 more regular season games for us, and according to your previous posts, we wont make the playoffs, so 12 more games and that would have been it. So we would have had to be fine without him either way.

JollyRob68
04-18-2010, 09:56 AM

Ben is a Douche,THe people in and around Pittsburgh say he's always been a douche and the sports writers say he's a Douche. After reading the reports if its true(which we dont know we weren't there) HE'S A DOUCHE & A PREDITOR, HOWEVER ITS TOUGH TO BELIVE SOMEONE NICKED NAME DTF= DOWN TO F*CK.

Don't be mad at the people going off on Ben,MAybe it will get back to him and he will straighten the hell up. Your not a star without fans!