PDA

View Full Version : Ward

steelers25
04-14-2010, 05:47 PM
what if ward would have caught the amazing toe touch catch that won super bowl 43?would holmes still be with us?

Big T
04-14-2010, 06:19 PM
wtf???

K Train
04-14-2010, 06:30 PM
yeah cause we cut him cause hes a hero?

please leave

Black@Gold Forever32
04-14-2010, 06:46 PM
please leave....lol Ktrain you kill me man........Man I hope we have a great draft to cheer you up man......

Blazedby92
04-14-2010, 06:49 PM
what if ward would have caught the amazing toe touch catch that won super bowl 43?would holmes still be with us?

And why is this a thread? It doesn't make sense, Dude They got rid of Holmes because of his off the field issues not because he made a SB game winning catch.

JensK
04-14-2010, 06:53 PM

you sir, are stepping on people who are already laying on the ground on deep pain...

K Train
04-14-2010, 07:04 PM
please leave....lol Ktrain you kill me man........Man I hope we have a great draft to cheer you up man......

im prepared for the worst.

nevermind, i cant prepare for tebow

JensK
04-14-2010, 07:09 PM
im prepared for the worst.

nevermind, i cant prepare for tebow

Tomlin said he wont concider tebow, and he dont like taylor mays, so that removes TOTAL disaster in the first round. We could trade out of it or reach badly, but it still wouldnt be the same level of diasaster as with mays and tebow....

K Train
04-14-2010, 07:30 PM
at least were in agreement of what total disaster would entail

Big T
04-14-2010, 07:39 PM
at least were in agreement of what total disaster would entail

I don't know what they think of Bruce Campbell...God I hope they see him as he is: a workout warrior who cannot play...If Bruce Campbell is the pick, I will cry...

But like you said, I am preparing for the worst...

--- Added 4/14/2010 at 05:39 PM ---

Tomlin said he wont concider tebow, and he dont like taylor mays, so that removes TOTAL disaster in the first round. We could trade out of it or reach badly, but it still wouldnt be the same level of diasaster as with mays and tebow....

Like i just said, Bruce Campbell would be TOTAL disaster...from what ive seen, no one can convince me otherwise...

scudmissile29
04-14-2010, 07:41 PM
holmes was overrated.

hes a saint to many because of that toe catch. yeah im sure the giants fans butt ****ed that wide reciever for that helmet catch, holmes was not a top 15 reciever.

end of discussion.

anyone else disagree with me, go drink poision or go lay in the middle of the road blindfolded

Big T
04-14-2010, 07:50 PM
holmes was overrated.

hes a saint to many because of that toe catch. yeah im sure the giants fans butt ****ed that wide reciever for that helmet catch, holmes was not a top 15 reciever.

end of discussion.

anyone else disagree with me, go drink poision or go lay in the middle of the road blindfolded

he may not be a top 15 reciever but he is one of the best young wideouts in the league and has gotten better every year...The man has made big play after big play for us.

Are you completely incapable of posting a somewhat intelligent response to anything without being a complete douche bag all the time? Grow up little boy...If not for us, do it for yourself please...

K Train
04-14-2010, 08:14 PM
for real dude, your gonna get yourself a time out the way you constantly flame everyone

holmes was a big play guy and was clutch...i think i would have a hard time naming 15 that were clearly better than him, many that are alot like him but theres the elite WRs an then theres a bunch of very similar ones that are solid. ward never was elite, we havent had an elite WR since plax and he wasnt even that good with us

scudmissile29
04-14-2010, 09:08 PM
for real dude, your gonna get yourself a time out the way you constantly flame everyone

holmes was a big play guy and was clutch...i think i would have a hard time naming 15 that were clearly better than him, many that are alot like him but theres the elite WRs an then theres a bunch of very similar ones that are solid. ward never was elite, we havent had an elite WR since plax and he wasnt even that good with us

how was my holmes post flaming?

Big T
04-14-2010, 09:26 PM
how was my holmes post flaming?

"anyone else disagree with me, go drink poision or go lay in the middle of the road blindfolded"

scudmissile29
04-14-2010, 09:31 PM
"anyone else disagree with me, go drink poision or go lay in the middle of the road blindfolded"

thats not flaming because it's not directed at anyone.

its telling somone to not quote my post and disagree with it.

andyg1984
04-14-2010, 11:31 PM
holmes was overrated.

end of discussion.

who caught the game winning catch in the afc north championship?
who returned a punt for TD in the playoffs?
who caught a 60 yard TD pass in the AFC championship?
who was the super bowl mvp?

the dude was seriously difficult to cover one on one .. he had "rabbit" speed (any1 who knows where holmes came from knows what i am talking about) .. when hines gets his inevitable injuries Mike Wallace will not be toasting #1 CB's yet, or maybe even ever, like holmes can ...

for what it is worth i have had a man crush on holmes since my hsfb days when i saw him on tape vs another team we were getting ready to play and super bowl 43 was pretty dang special for me to give you an idea of how i feel .. so, at minimum, back up your argument with some points instead of personal stuff like that

coldrolled
04-14-2010, 11:41 PM

the dude was seriously difficult to cover one on one .. he had "rabbit" speed (any1 who knows where holmes came from knows what i am talking about) .. when hines gets his inevitable injuries Mike Wallace will not be toasting #1 CB's yet, or maybe even ever, like holmes can ...

for what it is worth i have had a man crush on holmes since my hsfb days when i saw him on tape vs another team we were getting ready to play and super bowl 43 was pretty dang special for me to give you an idea of how i feel .. so, at minimum, back up your argument with some points instead of personal stuff like that

he is a jet now.. let it go.... pop a rolling rock dude.

we will all miss him.

lets hope sweed shows up. hes all we have for size and speed.

its a sad story.

K Train
04-14-2010, 11:55 PM

sigh......

scudmissile29
04-15-2010, 08:12 AM

so the ravens blew that 60 yard pass up.

wallace can do all that stuff.

he had 3 big games, followed by incosistency throughout the 2009 season

you make me laugh, wallace will get far more open that holmes will.

move on your man crush, we dont care about it

steelers4life66
04-15-2010, 08:51 AM
yeah cause we cut him cause hes a hero?

please leave
:lol:

andyg1984
04-15-2010, 10:39 AM
so the ravens blew that 60 yard pass up.

wallace can do all that stuff.

he had 3 big games, followed by incosistency throughout the 2009 season

you make me laugh, wallace will get far more open that holmes will.

move on your man crush, we dont care about it

i think it is funny how you say "we" like any1 on this site would associate themselves with you

BlackGold4vr
04-15-2010, 10:45 AM
i think it is funny how you say "we" like any1 on this site would associate themselves with you

I believe he speaks for the retard demographic......:hilarious:

andyg1984
04-15-2010, 11:53 AM
i don't want to start anything- i just needed to vent ... lol

more interested to see what it was from a mechanics and skill set perspective that swag had an issue with

coach
04-15-2010, 02:37 PM
I notice I am getting a bit anxious as draft draws closer (anticipatory nausea). What we need is one hell of an impressive draft and then let's come back and celebrate with some good news posts.

I am so hoping that this is a good draft.

JollyRob68
04-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Holmes was released because he's been a problem off the field, they weren't going to resign him and one more issue drug related or anything and he's gone for a year. Holmes cant stay away from the Sticky Icky.
Last Year it seemed that Ben had a problem with Ward & Holmes. They were not on the same page. I think Ben was upset over not getting the MVP and two receivers won the award.
If Ward made the catch it would make no difference. I will miss Holmes but knew he was gone and got a bunch of crap for saying it. I love my PG+ account and being able to ask Ed Bouchette and Gery Dulac questions during the chat sessions.

--- Added 4/15/2010 at 12:40 PM ---

I notice I am getting a bit anxious as draft draws closer (anticipatory nausea). What we need is one hell of an impressive draft and then let's come back and celebrate with some good news posts.

I am so hoping that this is a good draft.

AGREED COACH:yellowthumb::cope::tt02:

mashorn
04-15-2010, 02:48 PM
ward would never leave and Holmes wouldn't have been traded

BlackGold4vr
04-15-2010, 02:57 PM
I did like Holmes and thought he was a great player but the Steelers were not going to be able to re-sign him next year. He wanted mad money and his off the field problems would have never allowed the Rooney's to reward him with mad-cash. Remember, besides the marijuana problem he also has a little temper and domestic wife/girlfriend beating problem. I believe Holmes will continue to be a problem for the Jets just as Burress continued to aggravate the Giants. Loved the talent but the behavior is part of who he is and will not change. There was going to be heartache for the fans with this guy sooner or later and the ownership decided to make it the former. The game and the team will not collapse without him.