PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Sick of...

Blitzburgh55
04-14-2010, 05:18 PM
People saying Roger Goodell is Racist if he dosent suspend Big Ben
Why do people black always have to use the race card?

Zachintosh66
04-14-2010, 05:38 PM
This is the biggest star to be in trouble thus far, Pacman, Donte, Vick all scrubs... This will be a little tricky b/c of him being a 2x SB champ etc. I do however do not think we will get away with anything. If i was a betting man I bet he gets suspended even tho technically he hasnt done "anything."

I heard them saying on TV that his Hotel TV incident is a cival matter and shouldnt be held in the same standard as criminal charges. Then again he wasnt even charged in the GA incident either. So aside from being an a$$hole he hasnt done "anything wrong."

i dont know man...

Correct me if im wrong but didnt Pacman get suspended before he was found guilty? But Pacman was charged and Ben never was.

I just wish we knew before the draft if there was a punishment, but it sounds like it wont come out till afterwards.

HUNT4SEVEN
04-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Pacman was kicked out the league before he was convicted of anything, i don't think he was charged and if he was charged the charges were dropped, Matt Jones was caught with COCAINE in his car and he wasn't even suspended, There are more examples of white players getting into trouble and not being suspended as oppose to black players, Look at the Owners behavior, do u think it was ok for Jerry Jones to say what he said today? what will happen to him? What in the hell does people black mean? the truth is the truth...Good for nothing Goodell is swift and quick when dealing with black players as far as punishing them when they get into trouble, what happend to that Oakland coach for being a thug and punching one of his assistant coaches in the pie hole? where was Goodell then?

Blitzburgh55
04-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Matt Jones was suspended for 3 games
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3654599

nuclearchihuahuas
04-14-2010, 07:34 PM
I agree--its not a race card its a 'stupid' card...bad behavior is as bad behavior does

scott0326
04-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Its so annoying, Ocho Cinco made a comment on twitter asking if rape allegations were against him what would of happened.

LatrobePA
04-14-2010, 07:47 PM
People saying Roger Goodell is Racist if he dosent suspend Big Ben
Why do people black always have to use the race card?

Agree 100% the dickbag on ESPN last night threw that up, makes me sick!!

HUNT4SEVEN
04-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Matt Jones was suspended for 3 games
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3654599

He also appealed the decision and they let him play the rest of the year! he then broke probation and the Jaguars kicked him off the team not Good for nothing Goodell.

Blitzburgh55
04-14-2010, 09:16 PM
He also appealed the decision and they let him play the rest of the year! he then broke probation and the Jaguars kicked him off the team not Good for nothing Goodell.

Pacman Jones was arrested like 9 times in 2 years before getting suspended
Donte Stallworth killed a man and is going to play this year

SnakeEyes43
04-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Vick and Plaxico were both arrested and criminally charged. Both Jamal and Ray Lewis were charged with criminal activity as well. I don't know much about Jones (was he ever charged?). Ben has never been arrested or charged by any law enforcement agency. That's the difference imo. And I don't think he should be suspended, Goodell has no idea what happened in that club, and neither do we. This is simply a he says, she says case. Not enough proof imo to suspend Ben. Yea he shouldn't be going to clubs and drinking, but he's a 26 year old millionaire....what would almost any guy do?

ejsteeler
04-15-2010, 10:27 AM
It's all :willybs:

Race is only issue because we refuse to NOT let it be an issue. Does it happen? Sure. But in this day and age, it is less an actuality and more a crutch. :imho:

steelcitysfinestXL
04-15-2010, 10:54 AM
It's all :willybs:

But in this day and age, it is less an actuality and more a crutch. :imho:

Unless you're a minority... (and if you are or arent you're entitled to your opinion) how would you know? Maybe you were raised to repsect people regardless of creed or color... but dont make the assumption that ANYONE else is... thats just foolish!

White or black... i hope Godell councils ben, send him to alcohol classes and fines him... let the rooneys suspend him, and you know they will! I dont want Godell to be able to play the part of judge and jury. Thats Basically saying: Godell can suspend a player whether he is found guilty or not... on a case-by-case basis. Which is NOT a part of the NFL rules. The NFL does NOT want to get into that... They want to be able to let the courts dictate the LAW and the NFL to be able to uphold there own RULES.

cmerrifield
04-15-2010, 11:04 AM
I think Goodell is waiting for the facts in the Ben case, if he was innocent, then it should be a smaller punishment, but if the cops found more evidence against him, it would have been more like a seaon or indefinite suspension. I am not sure race has anything to do with it, I HOPE race has nothing to do with it, I hope it was Goodell waiting to see the facts. But only Goodell knows for sure

ejsteeler
04-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Unless you're a minority... (and if you are or arent you're entitled to your opinion) how would you know? Maybe you were raised to repsect people regardless of creed or color... but dont make the assumption that ANYONE else is... thats just foolish!
Dealing with and observing people is what I base my opinion on. And, your point is understood. I just think that it would be less and less of an issue if people would let it be. There's no reason why we shouldn't be past this crap by now..:dunno:

White or black... i hope Godell councils ben, send him to alcohol classes and fines him... let the rooneys suspend him, and you know they will! I dont want Godell to be able to play the part of judge and jury. Thats Basically saying: Godell can suspend a player whether he is found guilty or not... on a case-by-case basis. Which is NOT a part of the NFL rules. The NFL does NOT want to get into that... They want to be able to let the courts dictate the LAW and the NFL to be able to uphold there own RULES.

:yellowthumb: Agreed.

Scorp
04-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Ben will be suspended a few games or fined or both. It's been said already cause Ben was never charged. We'll see.

Steel Trap86
04-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Steelers President Art Rooney II will meet the media today at 2:30 p.m. to provide an update on the Ben Roethlisberger matter. Details of what Rooney says will be available on Steelers.com.

just got that, steelers fan page on facebook update.

HUNT4SEVEN
04-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Pacman Jones was arrested like 9 times in 2 years before getting suspended
Donte Stallworth killed a man and is going to play this year

Can u post the result of the White players that have been in trouble and what happend to them by Goodell for us to see? Jared Allen had a Dui and he was traded to the Vikings, did he get suspended?

Real Deal Steel
04-16-2010, 11:10 PM
I definitely don't think it's a race thing. First and foremost, there have been no charges filed against him so it is very, very difficult for Goodall to punish him. But it isn't above our management to suspend him which is just what's going to happen.

Blitzburgh55
04-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Can u post the result of the White players that have been in trouble and what happend to them by Goodell for us to see? Jared Allen had a Dui and he was traded to the Vikings, did he get suspended?

So what about Marvin Harrison a man was killed with his own .50 cal
And he wasnt charged or suspended so there is examples on both sides

I personally dont think anyone should be suspended for off the field things