PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp

Ibleedblk&gld
04-13-2010, 05:09 PM
I know some of you go to training camp in Latrobe...my question is...can you just go, or do you need to buy tickets for it? if you need to buy tickets, where do you get them, and how much do they usually cost? what's TC like?

I want to go this year, but have no clue how to go about doing so

PsychoWard
04-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Nope it is free to the public! no tickets are needed! if you plan on going get there early for a good spot to get autographs! and plan on running!

Ibleedblk&gld
04-13-2010, 05:17 PM
where at st. vincent's is it? do they have signs? anyone know the dates yet?

75Steeler
04-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Once you get close to the college you will see signs on the highway for training camp parking. The Post Gazette and Steelers.com will have something with dates and times open to the public closer to camp. It is fun but weather can be a factor.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-13-2010, 08:39 PM
A bunch of us go every year, it's always a good time..and always crowded. It's better to go during the week if u can, since it tends to be less crowded (if that's possible) than on Saturday practices or night scrimmages.

It's real easy to find and once you get into Latrobe you'll and you get to St. Vincents there are signs that point you to a big field that you park in and then walk down to the practice areas.

Ibleedblk&gld
04-13-2010, 09:17 PM
cool, thanks guys...if i'm still on 1st shift when this happens, i'm going to take a day or 2 of leave and go up there for 1 or 2 days of it...if i'm on 3rd, i'll have to try to go on a weekend, but it'll be hard

75Steeler
04-13-2010, 09:30 PM
I think we went on a Wednesday and it was crowded but not so bad that you couldn't get a spot on the fence for an autograph or two. I learned things to try for the next time I go and what not to do. Players hate trying to sign a Terrible Towel with a sharpie they also don't care for rude kids who demand autographs. Try not to stand on the hill near the fence cause after an hour or two of waiting your feet will kill you.

Ibleedblk&gld
04-13-2010, 09:32 PM
cool, thanks for the pointers...i was kind of hoping to get another terrible towel signed, lol...but i'll have a few jerseys w/ me (wallace, woodley, ben)...would have had my throwback holmes, but not now :(